Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? (9344 Views)

SONGS That Make You Feel GODS Presence / Black Jesus, Nigeria Jesus - By His Stripes You Are Healed / Black Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by Horus(m): 10:50pm On Jul 14, 2007
even if Jesus was 'black' I would still say, 'My Lord & my God; in You I put my trust'."
This mean that the quote is coming from a brainwhased christian who worship the WHITE image of Jesus.
Notice when he said:even if Jesus was 'black' .So for him he is white.

http://mysticlovenetwork.com/heisinnocent/Doctrine/TheBibleIsEgiptianBook.htm

646 Bible References on Egypt.

Read them all and these Biblical references will
prove that God came out of Egypt Jesus was Taught in Egypt,
Moses was made a God over Egypt
(Exodus 7:1)
and much, much more. 

Do YOU  really believe in the Bible?

If  YOU do then YOU must stop praising
False Caucasian Images of Divine,
and learn the Truth about The BIBLE
Source: http://mysticlovenetwork.com/heisinnocent/Doctrine/TheBibleIsEgiptianBook.htm
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by Paulus(m): 6:11am On Jul 15, 2007
Horus,

You still haven't answered my question: Who (or what) do you put your faith (or trust) in?

Paulus
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by Horus(m): 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2007
@Paulus
You still haven't answered my question: Who (or what) do you put your faith (or trust) in?
FACTS and Facts only,NOT belief.The problem is that believe or belief breeds doubt, while facts breed confidence. Believe is ignorance, only the facts will mentally liberate us.The word ignorance means to ignore the facts, however, when you ignore the facts, you breed beliefs; and that’s just what they (religious teachers) have, all belief and no facts. When you believe in something, you are accepting things without knowing.How do you explain that,each year, hundreds of thousands of European pilgrims ritually humble themselves before the image of Black Mary and her child Jesus at Black Madonna sites throughout France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Portugal and other Catholic countries. FRANCE is the country in the world where the image of Black Mary is most worshiped.(So they know something!!).This is not something we black people are making up to mentally liberate our people, this is something that they the White people are saying.
On the internet (Google)look for the 3 words:France Black Madonna,and you will see at least 2.500.000 Pages of results.Don't believe me, Check this things out for yourself!!.When will our people begin to wake up?.This thing has gone on for far too long.
PS.(And still you did not gave me answers about my post on Blacks in Asia)

Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by Paulus(m): 6:31pm On Jul 15, 2007
Horus,

Why should I answer your questions when you do not answer mine?

Paulus
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by Horus(m): 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2007
@Paulus
Why should I answer your questions when you do not answer mine?
I did answer,and my answer was:FACTS and Facts only,NOT belief.(Look my previous post)
and I even quoted your question before my answer.
Now you dont answer my question because you CANNOT answer it.
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by denex: 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2007
I feel great honour to finally know who the chosen people of God are and that the messiah of all mankind is one of us.
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by bluesky4(f): 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2007
Does it really matter what colour Jesus is? undecided

to the person who keeps on bringing up Egypt, how comes the majority are more Arab looking than there are black.

Also, it is known that Jews dont marry outside of thr religion, if Jews are themselves a race, wouldnt Jesus look like the present Jews?
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by Paulus(m): 9:03am On Jul 16, 2007
Horus:

@PaulusI did answer,and my answer was:FACTS and Facts only,NOT belief.(Look my previous post)
and I even quoted your question before my answer.
Now you don't answer my question because you CANNOT answer it.

Horus,

God is all-powerful; Jesus can be any "color" His Father wants Him to be.

BTW, the late Vine Deloria, jr. wrote a book back in 1972, entitled God is Red.

Try telling the American Indian that their God is BLACK,

Head knowledge (Facts) won't save you on the Day of Judgement, faith in Christ will.

John 3:16-18;
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

18Whoever believes in him is not condemned,

but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Even the Qur'an speaks against "unbelievers."
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by denex: 10:13am On Jul 16, 2007
@blue-sky

I will state this again. The Islamic Jihad of Arabia is what brought Arabs to Africa. This happenned between 600 and 800 AD.

At that time, the whole of Egypt and Libya was made of Christians, Jews and Nature Worshipping AFRICANS. When the Jihadists entered it was virtually impossible to convert these hardcore believers from their faiths. And the code of the Jihad is either convert or die. So most of them had to die.

There are still a few African Egyptians who are the descendant of those who could muster enough cowardice to convert to Islam. When you see the drawings in the pyramids and the tombs of pharoahs, including DNA testing on the last greatest Pharaoh, Tuttakhamun, you will realise that the Egyptians are Africans and not today's Arab occupiers.

It's the same with the Fulani in Nigeria. If the Hausas and Yorubas in their way had not converted to Islam, they would have totally be exterminated and replaced by Fulanis.

Do you know that the original Jamaicans were of Mongoloid race? They were more like the red Indians. The Great Christopher Colombus wiped the whole of their civilization because they would not become slaves. He then began importing Africans who were easier to enslave. But today you would easily mistake that Jamaicans are ancestrally of African origin.
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by Horus(m): 11:45am On Jul 16, 2007
@blue-sky
to the person who keeps on bringing up Egypt, how comes the majority are more Arab looking than there are black.

when white peoples visit Egypt today, the locals immediately recognize them as Khawaaga or foreigners. On the other hand, African Americans [/b]traveling in Egypt are very often mistaken for [b]native Egyptians, and are usually referred to as Masri or Egyptians. That is because, The simple truth is that Egypt is, and always has been a black African nation. Once you leave the great Arab cities of Cairo and Alexandria, and go into the Nile valley, you are in black Africa. Now, Egypt has been ruled by an Arab minority since the 9th century A.D., a minority that is extremely sensitive to race, and one which behaves in the manner chided by Ahmed Ben Bella, the late president of Algeria - "We (Arabs) have been in Africa for 1200 years, and yet we still behave as colonialists."This Arab minority control the images you see on television about Egypt.

Source: http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/mod_egyptians.html

Young Egyptian, Mostafa

Egyptian musician, Upper Egypt

Egyptian driver, Luxor

Source: http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/mod_egyptians.html
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by Horus(m): 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2007
There are still a few African Egyptians who are the descendant of those who could muster enough cowardice to convert to Islam. When you see the drawings in the pyramids and the tombs of pharoahs, including DNA testing on the last greatest Pharaoh, Tuttakhamun, you will realise that the Egyptians are Africans and not today's Arab occupiers.

[img]http://www.egyptologica.be/egyptologie/pix/pix_ramses2/ramsesII_enfant.jpg[/img]
Ramses II when he was children

Nubian children

Notice the similar hair style

Ramses II

Notice the similar Hair style

African history is important because it has been so largely distorted by our oppressors that many of us don't think we have a history, which causes an inferiority complex. A slave mentality. People like that won't fight their oppression,and this is why whites people will find, create, and/or distort whatever information they can use to maintain doubts in the minds of Africans people. And they won't have to do much convincing considering all of the historical brain-washing, cultural reconstruction and deconstruction that blacks have been subjected to.
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by Paulus(m): 12:37pm On Jul 16, 2007
Horus,

Back when I moved to Texas for work in 1979, I was told by folks around here that I had a "funny" accent; I replied to them that I thought theirs was a bit odd too. American English, different dialect.

Foreigner, just about everywhere I go, I "stick" out, even around whites, I "stick" out.
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by bamasala: 7:54am On Jul 17, 2007
me no no if jah is blak, whit or grin. wat me no is his jah and muan savior. jah rasta! clik https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-66080.0.html#bot and grab da ril thin. just spreadin da seeds grin
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by denex: 8:25pm On Jul 17, 2007
I feel a sense of joy knowing brother Jesus' true race.

When I visualize the way Jesus was brutalised by the Romans, i knew they couldn't do that to their kind.

It was their racist nature that made them treat him so, and it was their racist nature that still made them try to whiten him when it had become apparent the whole world would soon accept him as their Lord and Personal Saviour.

The Devil is a Liar!
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by Paulus(m): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2007
http://www.homestead.com/wysinger/beforecolorprejudice.html

Before Color Prejudice: The Ancient View of Blacks
Blacks in Antiquity: Ethiopians in the Greco-Roman Experience
By Frank Snowden
Professor Emeritus, Department of Classics
Howard University
Here's two books published by Harvard University Press to raise the spirits of anyone of African descent who feels that he or she has nothing to do with the making of Western civilization. A must for your personal library. These books are highly recommended. Buy new or used to fit your budget.

According to Professor Emeritus Frank M. Snowden Jr., (AB, AM, Ph.D., ) Howard University Classicist Department --- reading of the sources, the Ethiopians "pioneered" religion, and were key to the origin and propagation of many of the customs which existed in Egypt. The Egyptians, it was argued, were descendants of the Ethiopians. Snowden states that the term Kushites, Nubians, or Ethiopians is to used in much the same way as the modern term "colored", "black, or Negro". "The experiences of Africans who reached the alien shores of Greece and Italy constituted an important chapter in the history of classical antiquity," he writes. "Using evidence from terra cotta figures, paintings, and classical sources like Herodotus and Pliny the Elder, Snowden proves, contrary to our modern assumptions, that Greco-Romans did not view Africans with racial contempt. Many Africans worked in the Roman Empire as musicians, artisans, scholars, and generals as well as slaves, and they were noted as much for their virtue as for their appearance of having a "burnt face" (from which came the Greek name Ethiopian)."

The Image of the Black in Western Art, Volume One: From the Pharaohs to the Fall of the Roman Empire
by Amadou-Mahtar M'Bow, Jean Vercoutter, Jean Leclant, Frank M. Snowden,
Jehan Desanges, Ladislas Bugner

During the fifteenth century BC, the pharaohs of the Eighteenth Dynasty established an empire extending from the Euphrates to the Fourth Cataract (Nubia). The southern conquests brought Egyptians into direct contact with black populations who continued to resist and counterattack. In the previous millennium black warriors and captives had occasionally appeared in the art of Egypt, Crete, and Cyprus. The Image of the Black in Western Art shows us, from the mid-fifteenth century to Tutankhamun's painted box depicting blacks in Egyptian art increasingly portrayed realistic and unmistakable Negroes.
Click Here
Professor Frank Martin Snowden Jr. (July 17, 1911- February 18, 2007)
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by Paulus(m): 11:57am On Jul 18, 2007
http://www.tektonics.org/books/snowdenprejrvw.html

Book Review:

A review of Frank Snowden's Before Color Prejudice
by
Aurelia Glenn

Regarding issues of inter-ethnic, and specifically interracial relations, a commonly expressed opinion is that ‘people of different races have always hated each other.’ This view stems from projecting our current mindset into the past. Americans, with our disdain for history, are especially prone to assume that the current state of affairs has always existed. Instead of taking interracial hostility as a given, scholar Frank Snowden examines artistic, folkloric, and textual evidence to ascertain the range of attitudes that ancient peoples held about each other in Before Color Prejudice. Specifically, Snowden’s book is an exploration of ancient Greek, Assyrian, Roman, Egyptian, and Jewish attitudes toward sub-Saharan African people. Like other scholars who have examined ancient evidence (such as St. Clair Drake), he notes that, “nothing comparable to the virulent color prejudice of modern times existed in the ancient world.”

Snowden mentions that ancient authors, such as the poet Virgil, often wrote in detail about the physical characteristics of the people they encountered, Africans being among those they described, as contacts between Africans and Mediterranean peoples were more common than many might suppose. Moreover, he wants to bring to our attention an often overlooked source of information: “The vast evidence of ancient art is an invaluable source of information concerning the black populations of antiquity.” To that end, he marshals an impressive collection of photographic plates of Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and Assyrian art to support his assertion. The vases, sculpture, and murals which he gathers to make his case make one wonder where all this paraphernalia was hidden (or was it under our noses all along, as many of the articles exist in Western museums). The photographs of the sphinxes and sculptures of the pharaoh Tiharka (mentioned in both Isaiah 37:9 and 2 Kings 19:9) are prime apologetic evidence. [Unwittingly, they serve the purpose that the explorer Livingstone had hoped, as he desired to explore the ancient history and culture of the peoples along the Nile, in part to prove the Bible true.] Concerning standards of physical beauty, Snowden contends that there can be a difference between people holding to a somatic norm image and racism-the former being the narcissistic perceptions of beauty common to any culture, and the latter (and more modern) notion that only one group is beautiful (and that other people confirm that assessment). He thus summarizes ancient attitudes toward the different types of physical beauty:

Thus “white” was for many in the ancient world a basic element in the somatic norm image, as it has usually been in predominantly white societies. The number of implied or expressed preferences in classical literature for white beauty exceeds slightly those for black or dark beauty. About this there is nothing strange. But what is unusual was the number of those in the Greco-Roman world who rejected the norm of whiteness and openly stated their rejection. As far as the Greeks and Romans were concerned, it seems that the matter was basically one of individual preference.

Such attitudes are in striking contrast to those expressed in the not-too-distant past, in which open denigration of African physical features was endemic in American society-a crumbling cultural pillar from which we are still recovering. Notes Thomas F. Gossett in Race: The History of an Idea in America, “It is striking how often one finds among intelligent and sensitive people of the period-North as well as South-crude reflections of racism. One thinks of Henry Adams’ contemptuous references to “n[**]gers” and of John Fiske’s account of a visit in 1877 to Baltimore, where he saw “elegant n[**]gers” promenading on the streets. Rayford W. Logan has studied the files of eminent magazines of the last part of the nineteenth century and found in Harpers, Scribner’s, Century, and to a lesser degree the Atlantic a fairly constant barrage of epithets applied to Negroes…” An example of such denigration was mentioned by James Loewen in Lies My Teacher Told Me, in which he mentions that when he tries to get people in all-white settings to sing a political song popular in 1864, they usually balk, replete as it is with petty negative references to body parts of black people (“ebony shins and bandy,” “blubber lips,” “bully feet to have the heels extended”).

Snowden raises the question of whether symbolism regarding the color black had any significant influence in shaping Greco-Roman attitudes toward Africans. He concludes that while there were negative references toward the color black in many societies (as well as in some extra-biblical Christian writings), ancient Mediterranean peoples did not extend negative references toward black in the abstract to black people. It took the Atlantic slave trade, many centuries later, to accomplish this dubious feat.

We are reminded by Snowden that initial encounters between Africans and other ethnic groups in ancient times were qualitatively different than those which occurred during the Renaissance era and the age of “Enlightenment,” which, ironically, was the period when the Atlantic trade was at its peak. Often, Africans were soldiers, even mercenaries, in various armies (as in part of Xerxes’ troops). Indeed, their fighting prowess was apparently well recognized; thus, they were often sought out for that ability. Such was apparently the case of Judah during the period of King Hezekiah (as also explained in the article in the August 1998 edition of Bible Review entitled “From the Land of the Bow”), which may be why Snowden declares, on page 45, “Kush appears conspicuously in the Old Testament as one of the great military nations of the time,” before mentioning the episodes in the Old Testament in which Kush and Kushites are mentioned (but does not provide verses in the body of the text).

In addition to the general social context, Snowden notices patterns of interaction and perception between various ethnic groups within various religious contexts. For instance, worship patterns of the goddess Isis were first mentioned, in which it was noted that the cult of Isis, though most prevalent among the Egyptians and Ethiopians, spread throughout the Greco-Roman world.

[b]Interestingly, Snowden mentions that the “strong bond that united blacks and whites in the common worship of Isis was reinforced by Christianity. Like the Isaic cult, Christianity swept racial distinctions aside,” and draws the conclusion that “in the early church blacks found equality in both theory and practice.” What a contrast to the present! More important, such ancient equality is an indictment of the notion that forward motion in time necessarily brings about “progress” in terms of human relations. Professor Snowden has written an important book for people of all religious backgrounds (or none at all), one in which tired, intellectually lazy assumptions about Africans and relations between people of various ethnic groups are put to rest.

The reason that Romans were "racist" towards everybody else wasn't because of their skin color, it was because the Romans considered themselves civilized and everybody else were barbarians: northern Europe, Britain, etc; not skin color.
[/b]
Re: What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? by Horus(m): 12:08am On Jul 25, 2007

The Roman Empire under Justinian II, minted a gold coin that pictured Jesus. This coin, which is displayed in the British Museum, shows a man with clearly non-white facial features and tightly curled hair.
(Dated around A.D. 705-711)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Did Jesus Go To Heaven? / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! / Mandelanism - A New African Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.