Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo (42959 Views)

Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup / Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' / Odion Ighalo Meets Floyd Mayweather In Las Vegas (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by SmartyPants(m): 1:39am On Feb 01, 2020
DownChelsea:
Ighalo is about to set the record Cos as it is, this is the “biggest” club to ever feature a super eagles player.

Beating Obafemi Martins inter milan record.

Who knows, now that a nigerian is going to Man utd, the next big names in Europe after man utd is barca and madrid. Maybe someday we will have players in those teams as well

Nigerians have played in Barça.
Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by walexsy(m): 1:40am On Feb 01, 2020
I'm so freaking happy for ighalo mehn
And he's going to be some hit

The naysayers should watch this space.

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Mike008(m): 1:54am On Feb 01, 2020
There's nothing to lose.
Ighalo for certain is better than Anthony Martial in some ways.

2 Likes

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Dybala11(m): 2:05am On Feb 01, 2020
SmartyPants:

If you think Rashford plays 10 please stop commenting on football. You either don't know Rashford or you don't know what the 10 is.
He probably thought that his jersey number corresponds to his role on the pitch.

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Kingdemi212019: 2:08am On Feb 01, 2020
Igahlo Man U �����

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Jimi24: 2:55am On Feb 01, 2020
Mike008:
There's nothing to lose.
Ighalo for certain is better than Anthony Martial in some ways.

Martial is way more skillful and talented. Ighalo has courage to get into good positions and try shots at goal. This will rattle goal keepers and confuse defences.
Lets not forget they got him because of SMALL teams causing ManU the most wahala

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by olayiwolaay(m): 3:01am On Feb 01, 2020
Man U, which way

You only need something that can strike...even if na thunder

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by SmartyPants(m): 3:34am On Feb 01, 2020
SmartMen:
so ighalo is the best man for such? Why not Musa or any other great forward? Let me just say Ighalo is spiritually favoured...

Ighalo is a better player than Musa. They have both played in England before and the record speaks. Let's not start looking at national team record.

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Rosskiye: 3:36am On Feb 01, 2020
LesbianBoy:
All of you insulting Man United for buying ighalo saying he is not Man United quality abeg....

How many goals does Daniel James, Lingard, Mata, Martial have?

Yet they play for Man United. I see him doing well in this current Man United squad. Remember a one eyed man is king when surrounded by blind people. If ighalo should score like 8 goals before season end or even 10 baba would be hyped by the media grin grin

Ighalo reminds me of the Yak, in terms of goalscoring in the Premier League. He will score more than 10, believe me.
Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Rosskiye: 3:40am On Feb 01, 2020
DownChelsea:
Amuneke has the record then... as for Oliseh, in terms of “bigness” or greatness (not form oo). Man Utd pass Juve.

So Amuneke is 1st with barca
Ighalo will be 2nd with United
Oliseh 3rd with Juve
Martins 4th with Inter
Kanu and Mikel and Moses will share 5th, 6th and 7th with the middle class London clubs

Taribo West played for AC Milan and Inter Milan.

Kanu and Finidi George played for Ajax, when they were kings of European football, and won the Champions league.

Tijani Babangida and Pius Ikedia also played for Ajax.

Eagles are not new to top flight soccer.

3 Likes

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by chidooh1: 3:54am On Feb 01, 2020
NFF should sign agreement with man-U over this ighalo deal because i don't understand if na ritual they wan use am do. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Amudeneogu: 4:33am On Feb 01, 2020
He should be the first Nigerian to play for man u true?. Again, Nigerians should be certified with what they want, for me, the\guy is a good player.

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Odinaka00(m): 5:11am On Feb 01, 2020
Lol you sold Lukaku and now you bought Ighalo... Lol this is very funny.. Now I understand why some angry Man u fans burnt Edwood house.. These people 're just brainless

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Mac2016(m): 5:31am On Feb 01, 2020
Annymichaelz:
From fry pan to fire. Sell lukaku to buy ighalo.
grin. Bro, you funny die grin

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by slam7000(m): 5:42am On Feb 01, 2020
SmartyPants:

Nigerians have played in Barça.

True that.

Emmanuel Amuneke, Haruna Babangida (Tijani’s) brother and Gbenga Okunowo all played for Barcelona.

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by femi4: 5:45am On Feb 01, 2020
ChristineC:
he was no left back
He was trying to remember his name, he probably couldn't remembered his position

No other Nigerian defender played for Barca apart from Gbenga Okunowo

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by WalkerMichael(m): 5:53am On Feb 01, 2020
Really excited seeing this.

Welcome to Old Trafford, Ighalo smiley
Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by ofiko123(m): 5:54am On Feb 01, 2020
I just hope that the deal eventually materialises,odion ighalo will be a great addition to Manchester united...
Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Skmoda(m): 5:57am On Feb 01, 2020
enough of all this rubbish talk...it's just a six months contract with no option of buying him at the end of the season..go and check man utd official website.....twitter people can lie ehn.

it's a good deal considering there is no available striker in the market....some people keep spilling trash over here that they will rather take Lukaku over him, how many goals did Lukaku scored for Manutd in his two years spell....oshi pelu Irani.
Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Skmoda(m): 5:58am On Feb 01, 2020
ofiko123:
I just hope that the deal eventually materialises,odion ighalo will be a great addition to Manchester united...
you get sense abeg considering Rashford coming back in April......and we can't rely on that lazy martial.
Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Ubiudumo(m): 6:01am On Feb 01, 2020
*Good luck Ighalo*.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Skmoda(m): 6:02am On Feb 01, 2020
kiddoiLL:
Lol...
City have Aguero, Jesus, Mahrez, Sane as attackers.
Liverpool have Salah, Firmino, Mane and Origi...
Chelsea have Willian, Abraham, Odoi, Giroud...
Arsenal have Aubameyang, Lacazette, Martinelli, and Pepe....
United have Martial, James, Ighalo and Lingard as attackers...
(Rashford plays No 10)

It's a fight between Chelsea and United for the weakest attacking forward in the league
which position did you say Rashford is playing once again? ah!! aye le oooo

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Ubdavis(m): 6:21am On Feb 01, 2020
LesbianBoy:
Up Man United!

Now see how many Nigerians will now start watching Man United again. grin grin

Something tells me this deal is not just for footballing

reasons. They need Nigerians money and fans. I mean Man United grin grin

Utter nonsense!
Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Reference(m): 6:27am On Feb 01, 2020
Ha.... ol Ed has finally lost it..... 'chop him in a thousand pieces' must av hit home hard. Can't think straight again. Panic mode certainly. Indeed eras are cyclical.... just ask AC Milan. A once glorious team now filled with second rate players from third tier leagues.... imagine United signing from..... China.....
Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by engrelvis(m): 6:27am On Feb 01, 2020
Dybala11:

He probably thought that his jersey number corresponds to his role on the pitch.
lol
Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Reference(m): 6:30am On Feb 01, 2020
slam7000:

True that.

Emmanuel Amuneke, Haruna Babangida (Tijani’s) brother and Gbenga Okunowo all played for Barcelona.

In name alone. I don't think any fan today will recognize anyone of them if they sat at the President's box.

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by bosundaniel: 6:47am On Feb 01, 2020
The Loan deal has been completed for Ighalo. He's officially a Red Devil.
I'm a Man Utd fan and I'm happy with the deal cos he's a great finisher.
Moreover, it's just a 6 months deal so his performance will determine if he gets a permanent deal.
Fingers crossed, I believe he'll surprise us all.���

1 Like

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by Goalnaldo(m): 6:50am On Feb 01, 2020
He should have signed for inter Milan. They are better than Manchester United at the moment and can offer him champions league football.
Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:08am On Feb 01, 2020
The news was trending on opera and radio stations in the country but the mods felt they should not move the thread to the front page.

It so irritated me. Meanwhile these mods are ready to move irrelevant topics to the front page.

Na wa.

Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:09am On Feb 01, 2020
Now Ighalo is moving to Manchester United and the mods are quick to move it to the front page. Please.
Re: Man United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:15am On Feb 01, 2020
Odion Ighalo was voted nairaland Super Eagles fans player of the year and the mods of nairaland refused to put the thread on the front page.

You can see.

cc: Mynd44, OAM4J, lalasticlala, semid4lyfe, honeric01, ijebabe, nex, Omooba77, Dominique

ODION IGHALO WINS NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS (NNFF) PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2019!

https://www.nairaland.com/5588625/odion-ighalo-wins-nairaland-nigerian

Why are you guys hiding the post? Explain such terrible behaviour. People spent their hard earned money, time and effort to vote, prepared plaques, even contacting some NFF officials but you people deliberately refused to push it to the front page despite pleas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

AFCON: Amr Warda Sent Home From Egypt Over Leaked Chat With Women / McGregor Vs Mayweather, T-Mobile Arena, The 20,000 Capacity Venue(Photos) / Comparing The Penalty Played By Messi Vs The One Ronaldo Played

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.