Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times (87771 Views)

Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List / Religious Repression: US Adds Nigeria To List Of "Countries Of Concern" / How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by ozueozue(m): 5:39am On Feb 01, 2020
My brothers, make USA hold their visa jooorrr.
Canada is de deal now�
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:40am On Feb 01, 2020
grin this one loud and mad o
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by imolile: 5:43am On Feb 01, 2020
That ARAB religion of hate and murder, the religion of Lust, vice and wickedness, see what their bad reputation have done to the innocent sincere travelers who are not as outrageous, as hateful and as murderous as followers of that sect, these whole thing began lately with the underwear bomber and the ignorant, illiterates in the Northern part of this country who think with their anus and not their brains, always protesting and hating the country that most people want to visit in their lifetime because we have clueless Leaders who denigrate us before the outside world

A Ban is what we get because of that religion, the religion that even forced you against your will to declare their god before making comments
This shame is what we all get
Trump thinks all Nigerian belongs to that Religion and that is what is looks like with their Tyrannical old mongrel as President. who has done nothing since five Years but destroyed our collective reputation
What an irony

You cannot grow taller than your head
If your head is an illiterate or a dwarf
at best you will be a dwarf
SHAME ON ALL THE PRESIDENTS OF THIS COUNTRY WHO BROUGHT US THIS LOW
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:44am On Feb 01, 2020
loswhite:
I hope we can also place a ban on ppl paying for their visa application. The annoying part is with the ban they will still collect ppls visa application money and still deny them

Well, only an ignorant person will go and waste his money trying to pay for a visa to a country that has already placed a blanket ban on your country.

Two things about the American Embassy that's annoying.

They are in Nigeria to make money and to spy.

6 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Smellingrillmea: 5:46am On Feb 01, 2020
This is just the beginning.....the world sees what is happening in Nigeria....
Other developed countries will follow
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Truthbites: 5:47am On Feb 01, 2020
Thunder for Cowhari, his kabals, his Zombies and his baren cows
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Jabioro: 5:47am On Feb 01, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol we made it to the ban list!

That’s what he meant lol.
I understood..I just dey pulled his leg..

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by largehead: 5:48am On Feb 01, 2020
grin grin

Thank God I am a Christian. I would be given concession in the U.S. embassy.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 01, 2020
larryking540:

Na u be Donald Trump's brother o,see as u day talk like say u day there .....

If u put such effort in knowing nigeria history don't you think it will help our generation enlightenment

Lol! I am fed up with Nigerian politics. Prior to the time President Trump got elected, I didn't give a damn about American politics.

But on the day of his inauguration, I had a dream about him and everything changed. I started to get interested in American politics. I watched hours of Senators and House reps debate on issues. I watched how the president governed and responded to situations. I watched how the US media reported on his activities as a president.

The aforementioned made me to be well informed about American politics and it as affected me in a splendid way, so much so I have little interest in Nigerian Politics or Nigerian News media.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by BigBashiru: 5:49am On Feb 01, 2020
When will the black man start respecting himself?? The honourable thing to do would be to fix your own country and stop being cowards looking for the easy way out by running to white man's lands.

Good job - maybe this disgrace will make the lethargic black man to use his brain and think how to make Nigeria like the United States they are always running to.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 01, 2020
grandstar:

The reason isn't sufficient reason. This is just mediocrity raised to power 10.

Trump is an arrogant bully and if he can take on China, there's no country on earth he can't take on
perphas not putin
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Agugbadin: 5:50am On Feb 01, 2020
I support President Trump totally, this decision is long overdue and he should place Nigeria on terror watch list. The high level of insecurity in Nigeria, namely Gboko haram, killer herdsmen, ritualist, kidnappers to mention but a few is enough for Nigeria to be on terror watch list and travel restriction placed on Nigeria. To make matters worse even with the billions of dollars the government claimed to have spent to equiping the military there is no solution to terrorism and insurgency
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:53am On Feb 01, 2020
people like this are the reason,
you cannot go to america and act like a baller,
misbehaving, showing no self control,
when everyone knows your country is one if the poorest, and bankrupt countries.
they think america is thier country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by oluwarichie(m): 5:54am On Feb 01, 2020
ozueozue:
Canada is de deal now�
there, right there ... this mind set right here is one of the problem that put Nigeria on the spot light. Thinking canada is heavy, people abusing American visa to make canada. If it was that easy to get into canada why don't people apply to canada directly.. I'll still say this the American embassy is one of the most friendly to Nigeria..... my view tho

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by henryhemon(m): 5:55am On Feb 01, 2020
FrLukas:
No wonder a popular Pentecostal bishop in Nigeria was refused visa.

Anyway, America is not the only country we can travel to. Let America hold their visa. Nigerians have decided to stay back at home to develop their country.

Ignorance is bad. The popular pastor that the embassy has to put a disclaimer abi? That's how big he is,it didn't happen in the case of el rufai and some other governors who were denied Visa but a whole country put up a disclaimer because of a popular pastor. Idiot your family will never get to his level even your generation to come.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by BigBashiru: 5:55am On Feb 01, 2020
ozueozue:
Canada is de deal now�

See how they think. They are not even thinking how to develop Africa - they are looking for the next white man's land to run to! Don't the Nigerians have any shame?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by mikolo80: 5:56am On Feb 01, 2020
kemmylove101:
No white country. this guy never disappoint
name one white country that it's citizens always break laws

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Ademoore07(m): 5:56am On Feb 01, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Is that why they denied Bishop a Visa? Let's stay here and develop our country
That news is a big fat lie. The US embassy had denied the news.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Agugbadin: 5:56am On Feb 01, 2020
oghale23:

Lol! I am fed up with Nigerian politics. Prior to the time President Trump got elected, I didn't give a damn about American politics.

But on the day of his inauguration, I had a dream about him and everything changed. I started to get interested in American politics. I watched hours of Senators and House reps debate on issues. I watched how the president governed and responded to situations. I watched how the US media reported on his activities as a president.

The aforementioned made me to be well informed about American politics and it as affected me in a splendid way, so much so I have little interest in Nigerian Politics or Nigerian News media.

Our president is on his second tenure, how many times has he been interviewed or addressed the public like America president do, when you talk about open communication with this president is not existing.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by coputa(m): 5:58am On Feb 01, 2020
nameo:
If the Buhari Govt is not able to pull strings diplomatically and prevent this terrible situation, it would have lost every ouch of international standing Nigeria ever had.

Things are just getting worse on all counts!!!
Nigeria internacional relations and foreign policies is abysmally poor or non existent

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Truthbites: 5:58am On Feb 01, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol, you dey mind those guys.

I have one colleague, she’s is a Nigerian but she was born in America and she was part of our company’s WAZOBIA network. She asked me a question about why some Nigerians love Trump. She said she can’t fathom or think about why any sane Nigerian should love Trump to a fault.

Trump already banned immigration visa now.
They have already systematically decreased the non-immigrant visa granted to Nigerians and embassy denial rate already skyrocketed.

He proposed to ban F1-OPT, the court will hear the case soon sometimes in July or so.

He already changed the method of H-1B visa system and he’s also proposing more strict policies.

He will soon ban (if not already) people going to America to born babies. He already systematically banned visiting visas coz the approval rate of that one is not more than 5-10% only restricted to mostly rich people.

When Trump is done dealing with Nigerians and foreigners of color generally, people supporting him will regret their actions.

Tell Buhari to give us change...if America see change,they will unban us ..must Nigerians be at the receiving end? U hear say this kind thing happen to South Africa? Build ur country and stop this long gibberish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by loswhite(m): 5:59am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:

Most young Nigerians who travelled to America aren't earning legally. I have one who is a bouglar but acts as an Azaman, all the niggas I have over there are criminal but most females have legal means of earning, mostly are engineers and doctors. Some work as cleaner. This is a blunt truth but most young Nigerians travel over sea to get rich quick. Other claims you laid earlier should come with receipt let's argue in it young man grin
I'm sure it is Nigerians that usually get involved in shooting in churches and schools and clubs.... foolish post

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by EgunMogaji2: 5:59am On Feb 01, 2020
Ogonimilitant:
I think it's for immigrant visa only

It is.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Ferdinandu(m): 6:02am On Feb 01, 2020
This is one reason why some Dictators like Abacha is good. Before America will begin to feel too important he will send even their Ambassador parking, we can always do without them. America problem with Russia and Iran is because they all want every nation on earth to worship them,for what?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Zionman24: 6:04am On Feb 01, 2020
Where is Abacha when you need him. Bihar should respond immediately. If he doesn’t, shame on him.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Kingrefreshed: 6:04am On Feb 01, 2020
axglide:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/us/politics/trump-travel-ban.html?emc=edit_na_20200131&ref=headline&nl=breaking-news&campaign_id=60&instance_id=0&segment_id=20884&user_id=21020cbc26c2cf3e431ae24d4cada0a8&regi_id=94089832

Everybody should listen very well. This is not a mistake. Buhari and his cabals knows exactly what they are doing. Trump is pro -Christian and America is the world power for now. Buhari has successfully made the world believe that Nigeria is an ISLAMIC STATE. That's one!

He wanted the US never to interfere with anything they would want to carry out against Christians and other tribes here in Nigeria.

Understand were this is going to.

Now the UK which used to be under the European Union has successfully left the union and now on their own. And Buhari will pledge more loyalty to the UK now more than ever because they will assist him carry out ALL his negative dictatorial tendersies against those he perceive as his Enemies so they can be supported financially. (Rewarded).

In the coming months and years, the UK will work with buhari to make Nigeria a living HELL because now nobody IE the EU will rebuke them for any atrocity they will be committing against Nigerians because they're not in anyway under that union again.

This is a perfect game plan! I was angry before but when I read why the Trump administration did what they did I found out that the Nigerian government under Mr Buhari deliberately decided NEVER to comply with the US immigration policies.

So they can destroy ties with the US.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by chelseamann(m): 6:07am On Feb 01, 2020
nameo:
If the Buhari Govt is not able to pull strings diplomatically and prevent this terrible situation, it would have lost every ouch of international standing Nigeria ever had.

Things are just getting worse on all counts!!!
your point?

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by ofiko123(m): 6:08am On Feb 01, 2020
What is so special about the united states that everybody is running to it..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Okuda(m): 6:09am On Feb 01, 2020
FrLukas:
No wonder a popular Pentecostal bishop in Nigeria was refused visa.

Anyway, America is not the only country we can travel to. Let America hold their visa. Nigerians have decided to stay back at home to develop their country.

lol. tell this to thousands of people who as early as 3am in the morning are already hanging around the us embassy in VI just to get a shot at travelling to Gods own country

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 01, 2020
showing off wealth in another mans country,
claiming some entitlement of respect for their money
when thier country is in no such capability,
their country is in depth, borrowing money to do basic things
and everyone knows, but you are they bouncing and boning, you just look ridiculous to them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Preshy561(f): 6:11am On Feb 01, 2020
Nice one. UK should do the same.
Let them stay here and enjoy the next devil they voted.
I wonder why some people are angry that some one doesn't want you in his country.
This attachee by force is really affecting some people, especially the headslammers. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Lt Col Mohammad Abu-ali's Body Transported To Base, See Wife And Kid Too (pic) / Osinbajo’s Security Team Changed, Guarded By Only Northerners - FFK / President Tinubu's Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.