Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times (87856 Views)

Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List / Religious Repression: US Adds Nigeria To List Of "Countries Of Concern" / How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:47am On Feb 01, 2020
FrLukas:
No wonder a popular Pentecostal bishop in Nigeria was refused visa.

Anyway, America is not the only country we can travel to. Let America hold their visa. Nigerians have decided to stay back at home to develop their country.
I am not interested in developing a zoo angry
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by linearity: 3:53am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:

Point of correction, I don't support him cos am no American, my support won't count. I love him, you see the difference? grin grin
See what he achieved in three years, no POTUS has ever done that yet the fake news media won't acknowledge him. CNN made us believe that he hates blacks but that's there problem

What has he done in three years? This policy and many of his administration are driven by hate.

He has done nothing except to put his hate on display. Had he been able work out a deal to put this into law, it would have endured for a long time.

You don’t run a country by EO and that is all he is doing, the next President can wipe every single thing he has done on day one by the stroke of the pen, except the tax cut and the North America trade treaty.

The truth is, Trump thought he can bully everyone into submission, good leaders governor by forming working coalitions across the aisle, but he is incapable of doing that, because he does not have the intellect to....his EO are written with pencil, they are just mere Executive Policy changes that are momentarily.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by gaetano: 3:55am On Feb 01, 2020
Does this also affect spousal visa?
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 3:56am On Feb 01, 2020
ninnie:
The same people that bragged about our border closure... The same tribalists that condemn any tribe that isn't their. Shame on you and your foolishness! Keep hating Trump and don't forget to take your pills this night.
Don't mind them, I hope non commits suicide when they acquaint him back to office. And I hope their will be no bombings during or after Nov 20 election cos he will surely win

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 3:57am On Feb 01, 2020
linearity:

What has he done in three years? This policy and many of his administration are driven by hate.

He has done nothing except to put his hate on display. Had he been able work out a deal to put this into law, it would have endured for a long time.

You don’t run a country by EO and that is all he is doing, the next President can wipe every single thing he has done on day one by the stroke of the pen, except the tax cut and the North America trade treaty.

The truth is, Trump thought he can bully everyone into submission, good leaders governor by forming working coalitions across the aisle, but he is incapable of doing that, because he does not have the intellect to....his EO are written with pencil, they are just mere Executive Policy changes that are momentarily.
What has he done in three years? Go to sleep man. I have no time to waste
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by linearity: 4:01am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:

Throwback right? Look at the recent polls man.
I know the poll you are talking about, which is just a favorability poll between Trump and the mayor of NYC.

Throw that into the dustbin, it means nothing...Trump himself has ran out of NYC, he has moved his residency to FL. Bill de Blasio won by 66% votes.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by mrjojo: 4:03am On Feb 01, 2020
Well deserved!! Maybe now we can try to savage this country, infact UK, Canada, Australia should ban us too. When all us don't have any where to run then just maybe we will sit up.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by linearity: 4:04am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:

That is a sincere question and I list my premises and also gave him credit for the tax cut & North America trade deal.

Those are sincerely the only marks he will leave behind, the rest were through EO and will be erased the very moment he leaves office.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 4:12am On Feb 01, 2020
linearity:

That is a sincere question and I list my premises and also gave him credit for the tax cut & North America trade deal.

Those are sincerely the only marks he will leave behind, the rest were through EO and will be erased the very moment he leaves office.
K
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LabDNA: 4:14am On Feb 01, 2020
Hope Buhari and his gang of muslim fulanis are now happy. After ruling the country to shatters for donkey years since 1967 with chants of 'Igbos are the problem' they've totally messed it up?

MNK should please intensify his efforts to get Biafrans out of the shitthole. He should also find a way to educate Trump and Americans on the difference between Biafrans and other Nigerians who are mainly umprogressive muslims.

Biafrans should start identifying themselves as Biafrans during US census and official documentation. It's about time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nadio2019: 4:15am On Feb 01, 2020
GamalNasser:
Thanks to those animal that went to protest and burn American flag when Soleimani was killed ...Well no matter what Trump does I still support him ..We must not forget that Buhari has locked our own border for months now and zombies have been applauding them

Kidding?
In the eyes of those who burnt US flag in northern Nigeria, Nigeria is the giant of Africa, so long as crude oil in the Niger delta fetches money to Abuja central government to enable Muhammadu Buhari run Nigeria's government.

Their SW MURIC Sofischiwretched friends will always find the best grammar to back them to defend their notion of Nigeria the giant of Africa

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LabDNA: 4:15am On Feb 01, 2020
FrLukas:
No wonder a popular Pentecostal bishop in Nigeria was refused visa.

Anyway, America is not the only country we can travel to. Let America hold their visa. Nigerians have decided to stay back at home to develop their country.

Hope Buhari and his gang of muslim fulanis are now happy. After ruling the country to shatters for donkey years since 1967?

MNK should please intensify his efforts to get Biafrans out of the shitthole. He should also find a way to educate Trump and Americans on the difference between Biafrans and other Nigerians who are mainly muslims.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 4:15am On Feb 01, 2020
linearity:

I know the poll you are talking about, which is just a favorability poll between Trump and the mayor of NYC.

Throw that into the dustbin, it means nothing...Trump himself has ran out of NYC, he has moved his residency to FL. Bill de Blasio won by 66% votes.
Throw Bill De Blasio's vote into the dustbin too. Dems are losing and they know it. Look at California, Adam Schiff can't take care of his territory cos he channels are his focus on the impeachment sham and they are losing the debate. Trump will get an easy win in Nov 20 fortunately

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LabDNA: 4:17am On Feb 01, 2020
Biafrannuke:
it's game over for the zoo. The era of petrol-dollar diplomacy is over. IPOB is here to ensure that.

Biafra g'enwe mmeri!

Hope Buhari and his gang of muslim fulanis are now happy. After ruling the country to shatters for donkey years since 1967?

MNK should please intensify his efforts to get Biafrans out of the shitthole. He should also find a way to educate Trump and Americans on the difference between Biafrans and other Nigerians who are mainly muslims.

We need to get out fast. We don't even need a referendum, it's too late and it will likely be rigged by efulefus and unprogressives.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LabDNA: 4:22am On Feb 01, 2020
nameo:

Bros, am not a Biafra supporter. I still believe in nigeria as bad as things have become.

Thank you though

Thank God you don't have the power to stop a moving train.

IPOB and MNK need to educate and re-educate Trump and other important figures on the difference between Biafrans and you Nigerians, fulanis, muslims, unprogressives, etc. You have destroyed the country and yet expect Biafrans to suffer the consequences of your cluelessness.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by RaptorX: 4:23am On Feb 01, 2020
gaetano:
Does this also affect spousal visa?
Same question I have too, a family member who is a citizen petitioned for his wife six months ago and they are waiting to be called for interview. Which kind wahala be this now, what will he do now if the wife is banned.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by bbankky: 4:24am On Feb 01, 2020
Gosh this na real mess up
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Tumadre: 4:25am On Feb 01, 2020
GamalNasser:
Thanks to those animal that went to protest and burn American flag when Soleimani was killed ...Well no matter what Trump does I still support him ..We must not forget that Buhari has locked our own border for months now and zombies have been applauding them

Lmao bro you’re chained by your own ignorance

3 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Chelseafan99: 4:25am On Feb 01, 2020
nameo:

Are you comparing Nigeria with Tanzania or Eritrean?

Diplomatically? Really??

Exactly ! Adding Africa's biggest nation and largest economy is an insult on Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LabDNA: 4:27am On Feb 01, 2020
ENG0701:

I don't think that it has anything to do with the protest. The reason is in the last paragraph. Almost 20% of Nigerians that visit the US end up stating illegally.

Yes because the muslims and fulani have destroyed the country and ruling it like jungle, without giving a damn since after the civil war.

Biafrans should secure the support of the US and go to war if need be, since common sense has failed the fulani and their lackeys on the Nigerian issue.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Bigcowhorn: 4:30am On Feb 01, 2020
ENG0701:

I don't think that it has anything to do with the protest. The reason is in the last paragraph. Almost 20% of Nigerians that visit the US end up stating illegally.
voltron14:

Don't mind them.

They would see white but call it black with only one aim in mind.

Here is the thing with politics. All the facts are not always made public. America is a christian country that distastes Islam which is what Nigeria stands for now. Little wonder the ban is coming now.

The visa overstay issue has been going on for years and I think Mexicans are the worst offenders. Mexico is not on that list instead the US is building a wall. Go figure.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by RaptorX: 4:30am On Feb 01, 2020
Chelseafan99:

Exactly ! Adding Africa's biggest nation and largest economy is an insult on Africa.
A real insult, not even South American countries whose citizens gate crash the US border by the millions are not even included. This should be a wake up call for us to get our house in order, what an insult.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Tumadre: 4:30am On Feb 01, 2020
GamalNasser:

Shut up ..your useless Buhari in the 80s drove away Ghanians from Nigeria and today has left the border closed for months and did U say anything ..Trump has a perogative to protect America and I support Him

How do you know he didn’t say anything? Are you in his mind? His prerogative isn’t to protect America, his prerogative is to keep America white

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Tumadre: 4:31am On Feb 01, 2020
GamalNasser:

Shut up Trump's records are there for all to see , the best records of any US President in first 3 year ever ...Show us what your Buhari has achieved in 6 years ? Yet you support Buhari ..shei you can see something is doing you

Where? Prove it
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by kopfschmerzen: 4:31am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:

Trump is a phoney racist with the IQ of a toilet whip. Black America loathe that racist piece of garbage since the 1800's, don't know why y'all love him anyways. Low self esteem or the general low IQed uninformed shit dealing with many of y'all.

6 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by TruthSpeaker: 4:34am On Feb 01, 2020
IT IS JUST A SLIGHT BRUSHING, NOT AN OUTRIGHT VISA BAN. THE AFFECTED VISA (AT LEAST WITH WHAT WAS STATED) FOR NIGERIANS IS IMMIGRATION VISA, WHICH MEANS THE NORMAL B1 & B2 VISAS AREN’T AFFECTED. IT IS YET TO BE SEEN IF THEY WOULDN’T TRIPLICATE VISA DENIAL RATE FOR NIGERIANS EVEN WITH THE VISAS THEY CLAIM WOULDN’T BE AFFECTED. WHEN I GO RENEW MY OWN, I GO CONFIRM AM MYSELF. I’M TOO CONFIDENT I CAN’T BE DENIED THOUGH.
UNDER BUHARI’S GOVERNMENT NIGERIANS HAVE SUFFERED BECAUSE THIS IS THE SECOND BLOW AFTER THE VISA COST WAS INCREASED BY OVER $100 A COUPLE OF MONTHS BACK.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Morenikeji070: 4:35am On Feb 01, 2020
That is Trump plan understand for Nigerians. So they hide and use that chance of burning America flag make it easy for Trump to ban nigerian assuming they did not burn American it will be very hard for Trump to banned us...
ENG0701:

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Enyimbamercedes: 4:35am On Feb 01, 2020
In essence we went from participating in the annual visa lottery to give Nigerians a chance to get a green card in the “last 16 years” to a ban on Nigerian immigrants in the last 5 years.

Next level

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Morenikeji070: 4:38am On Feb 01, 2020
Guy na normal B1/B2 and child birth visa it will affect most... I read about it..
TruthSpeaker:
IT IS JUST A SLIGHT BRUSHING, NOT AN OUTRIGHT VISA BAN. THE AFFECTED VISA (AT LEAST WITH WHAT WAS STATED) FOR NIGERIANS IS IMMIGRATION VISA, WHICH MEANS THE NORMAL B1 & B2 VISAS AREN’T AFFECTED. IT IS YET TO BE SEEN IF THEY WOULDN’T TRIPLICATE VISA DENIAL RATE FOR NIGERIANS EVEN WITH THE VISAS THEY CLAIM WOULDN’T BE AFFECTED. WHEN I GO RENEW MY OWN, I GO CONFIRM AM MYSELF. I’M TOO CONFIDENT I CAN’T BE DENIED THOUGH.
UNDER BUHARI’S GOVERNMENT NIGERIANS HAVE SUFFERED BECAUSE THIS IS THE SECOND BLOW AFTER THE VISA COST WAS INCREASED BY OVER $100 A COUPLE OF MONTHS BACK.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Rick9(m): 4:39am On Feb 01, 2020
Canada Visa oh
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by TheSociopath(m): 4:39am On Feb 01, 2020
LegendHero:

It’s not affected.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by RaptorX: 4:42am On Feb 01, 2020
TruthSpeaker:
The rate of non immigrant visas denial will go through the roof.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Ahmed Gulak Shot Dead In Owerri / Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent / Light Goes Off As Fashola Climbs Podium To Give Speech At Eko Hotel (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.