Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,379 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times (87820 Views)

Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List / Religious Repression: US Adds Nigeria To List Of "Countries Of Concern" / How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by tillaman(m): 5:12am On Feb 01, 2020
Mehn screw trump America ain’t heaven

4 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by GermanMelania: 5:13am On Feb 01, 2020
voltron14:

What country would he not have done this with?

Nigerians are poor and lazy and i reserve no apologies.

I would keep hitting this fact, the GDP per capita of Nigeria is 2000 dollars.

You fly into America on a visitor's visa and overstay to the level of 12% whilst those other countries you wish to talk about have an average of 1.2% overstayers.

Cry blood.

Scream about ineptitude of the government of the day.

Continue to hide your head in the sand.

You are being disingenuous. GDP varies wildly between regions. Anf it is not an absolute perfect measurement of much. The averge Briton's carbon footprint in 2 weeks is what a nigerian uses in a year. Some countries take more than their fair share. England didn't become wealthy by hardwork. Read your history.

Once a person or country is rich we ignore all the glaring trauma they caused to get there. GDP my yansh

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:13am On Feb 01, 2020
Btruth:
.......with those leeches at the NASS?

Those leeches need to have their brains flogged until they start mooing like a cow.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by TruthSpeaker: 5:14am On Feb 01, 2020
Morenikeji070:
Guy na normal B1/B2 and child birth visa it will affect most... I read about it..

ARE YOU SURE YOU REALLY UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU READ? CHILD BIRTH VISA BAN (IF IT REALLY EXISTS) IS GLOBAL, NOT PECULIAR TO JUST NIGERIANS. DONALD HAS ALWAYS BEEN AGAINST THE CITIZEN BY BIRTH STUFF.
IT WAS STATED THAT B1 & B2 WOULDN’T BE AFFECTED.

KINDLY READ THIS BBC NEW LINK TO GET NEEDED INFORMATION.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51335011

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:14am On Feb 01, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

why Nigerians want to travel to America when you can not travel in Nigeria without being afraid of killer/ herders men.

I wonder o.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:15am On Feb 01, 2020
Minamoto:

I mean it's embarrassing. Trump that supported a nazi rally. Nazis FFS! The blacks in America don't support him but you have Nigerians all behind him. Ask them for one reason they support him, they can't come up with anything.
They are used to being oppressed and just love 'action men ' that would walk all over them.
Those who like him here are se people cum pdp apologists who believe he is payback to obama "for bringing buhari" dont forget this people all share the same disrespect as trump so its mutal.

You would likely see them compare trump with buhari on everything to buttress their support and hang on to some trophy politically since all political permutations here is on a loosing streak.

Not like trump cares or knows the difference between his igbo wannabes and other nigerians Unless that translates to an actual voting base

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:16am On Feb 01, 2020
LabDNA:

Hope Buhari and his gang of muslim fulanis are now happy. After ruling the country to shatters for donkey years since 1967?

MNK should please intensify his efforts to get Biafrans out of the shitthole. He should also find a way to educate Trump and Americans on the difference between Biafrans and other Nigerians who are mainly muslims.

I agree totally. Nigeria has become expired product that is giving all of us home and abroad constipation and diarrhea.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:17am On Feb 01, 2020
TOPCRUISE:

I am not interested in developing a zoo angry

You can't break it up if you are outside. You have to stay inside to break it up.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:18am On Feb 01, 2020
ludd2018:

develop which shit country ? with backward Fulanis . YOU are dreaming

cheesy cheesy
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LabDNA: 5:18am On Feb 01, 2020
Sirjamo:
After those fifty Nigerians were arrested for defrauding Americans, I knew Trump would return the favor in ten fold, especially when it's almost certain that he would not be reelected.

China, Ukraine, Russia, steal billions from US companies through cybercrime. In that aspect, nigeria is a foetus compared to these countries.

Now the banned countries on that list have one thing in common- Islam. You are a muslim, you muslims ensured that Nigeria is home to 3 dangerous terrorist groups (Ansaru, Boko, Fulani terrorist herdsmen).
The pattern is clear and the reason of the ban is visible.
You have supported the Fulani muslims to rule the country like a jungle for donkey years since after civil war while shouting 'we will never allow Igbo to lead', what have you achieved?- death, poverty which in turn leads to crime or uncontrolled immigration for those who don't have immoral stamina to commit crimes.

Easterners resident in the USA should educate Americans about the need for Nigeria to seperate and intensify lobbying and agitation. It's long overdue, guns and bullets can only hold a fake union for not too long.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:18am On Feb 01, 2020
voltron14:

You guys should stop this nonsense.

When someone called your homestead a shithole you encouraged him.

Today, you will go into a frenzy over a mere immigration policy that bars you from migrating.

Be screaming Tanzania and Eritrea up and down.

He never called Nigeria a shithole. You guys just assumed you are the one he was referring to
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by linearity: 5:19am On Feb 01, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

Biden will give Trump a fun for his money

JOE BIDEN ? is this a joke

That should have been Biden will give Trump a run for his money!

That is why among the Dem field, it is Joe that Trump is trying dig dirt against through foreign investigations....the reasoning behind Trump circles is to ruin Biden so he does not get the nomination.

Biden will appeal towards a more widen electorate than Trump...Trump is trying to win, one and only one base, the right!
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 01, 2020
If I would guess: trump wonders how an African president allows his citizens to be slaughtered like goats by marauders/cattle rearers, while many of the populace fall within poverty range, yet their senators keep acquiring properties in his country then( he abused our President),also termed our country a shithole.

Trump simply looked for an intelligent reason to deny us visa, being an astute businessman and a writer.

This same Buhari that got myriads of serving corps members killed in 2011,as he lost then.i can't forget all the friends we lost, our fellow corpers got killed brutally by northerners,since INEC instructed us to register voters/conduct voting wit 9,750 allowee and unpaid 50k.
It's sad we have a president who has grown a metal heart towards the alarming rate of poverty, insecurity, misuse of the judiciary. Sunny okosun song"which way Nigeria" should have a remix sef.

7 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by GermanMelania: 5:21am On Feb 01, 2020
LegendHero:

Your brain can’t deduce what is going on and your hatred for Buhari is already affecting your mode of reasoning.

Rubbish, any USA president?? You deserve to be tied to a pole and flogged mercilessly to reset your thinking.

Hear this, Trump does not like your color or what you represent. He dislikes you and if you return love to him it means you’re suffering from the Stockholm syndrome.

You think other far right country will not be emboldened by Trump action to propose the same kind of law to their country against Africans? When most country close their door against us, I will know how some people living in Nigeria will survive.

It can be said that people abroad remit a lot to their families back home and that’s what is helping Nigeria situation presently.

Shebi you think Buhari is the only problem? You will see pepper soon when Trump is re-elected!

Continue to support him!

See the issue is nigerians and africans at large do not have a racial identity. And that's okay. Go on twitter. When something happens black (american ) twitter will see the racial issue of a thing while Nigerian Twitter will disagree with them. We don't have race shoved down our throats on a daily basis but uou Cant escape it in America.
Trump isn't a white president to most Nigerians. In fact we see him as one of our own tyrant leaders. A lunatic but he is our lunatic.
There isn't anythinh bad trump says about nigeria that most don't agree with it. It reinforced the idea that they should leave the shithole. If trump says it is a shothole then he should give them viss to go to a better shithole

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Asifiwe(m): 5:22am On Feb 01, 2020
Hmmm!
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by larryking540: 5:23am On Feb 01, 2020
oghale23:
I see some people hating president Trump here because they are convinced he is a racist, an idiot, a bigot, a fool and unfit to rule. But over 60 million Americans voted for the supposed racist and fool and more than that number are expected to vote for his re-election this coming November.

Before he became the president, things like this were said about him. He had to fight the Washington democrats, republicans and the media to get to where he is.

Before he was sworn in, the Washington democrats promised he was going to be impeached.

According to the FISA abuse report by the Inspector General, the FBI under the Obama administration secretly spied and investigated Trump before and after the elections. They lied to a secret court on numerous occasions to get warrants, falsified an email sent by the CIA that exonerated one of Trump associate and used a salacious and false dossier funded and paid by the Democratic National committee as a basis to continue to investigate Trump.

That did not end. They appointed a special counsel to look into the possibility of him being a Russian asset. They investigated every thing about him, his business and family, even his grand children.

They failed in that one, then they vowed to continue, now they impeached him, but as of today, the senate voted against new witnesses and are going to acquit him come Next Wednesday.

The American media and democrats have smeared him, lied against him, abused, ridiculed and mocked him for more than 3 years, but despite all these, he has continue to work hard and deliver results for the American people.

The democrats in the house vows that they will continue to investigate Trump and will impeach him again on whatever they determine as a crime.

A Normal politician cannot survive this kind of attack, he was put there by the American people to deliver results and Make America Great Again as he promised.

Na u be Donald Trump's brother o,see as u day talk like say u day there .....

If u put such effort in knowing nigeria history don't you think it will help our generation enlightenment

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by GermanMelania: 5:24am On Feb 01, 2020
Hoephase:

What is wrong with him putting the interest of his country first?

As we speak our borders are closed for our own good, I see nothing wrong with a nation putting their interests first.
Enlightened centrism
When your lawyer go court for you. I hope he argues your opponets case for them
That is basically what you and most naijas here do once ir comes to america. Arguing against your best interests. Thinking you are smart.

5 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by DRSEGUNBABA: 5:25am On Feb 01, 2020
Next level change lol good luck
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LegendHero(m): 5:27am On Feb 01, 2020
GermanMelania:

See the issue is nigerians and africans at large do not have a racial identity. And that's okay. Go on twitter. When something happens black (american ) twitter will see the racial issue of a thing while Nigerian Twitter will disagree with them. We don't have race shoved down our throats on a daily basis but uou Cant escape it in America.
Trump isn't a white president to most Nigerians. In fact we see him as one of our own tyrant leaders. A lunatic but he is our lunatic.
There isn't anythinh bad trump says about nigeria that most don't agree with it. It reinforced the idea that they should leave the shithole. If trump says it is a shothole then he should give them viss to go to a better shithole

Yes you’re right. Because we don’t live in that era of racial segregation made us think it doesn’t exist and we are usually indifferent to it in most cases.

That’s why most people don’t understand what it truly feels like to be people of color in USA.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by magicminister: 5:27am On Feb 01, 2020
LegendHero:

This is not a matter of interest alone, it’s a matter of not liking people of color.

Do you think we overstay visa more than Chinese and Indians?? Do you think we do more visa scams than Chinese and Indians?

Do you know the number of Nigerians granted visas as against those country and yet he is picking on us.

He is not against illegal overstay alone, he is after both legal and illegal citizens.

Stay there and be thinking like you’re doing. I can promise you that if he is re-elected, then even legit guys here will feel it.

See this below:
Why can’t he ban those guys on top first before Nigeria if you think it’s because we overstay?

Please ignore those poor illiterate. The never do wells in Nigeria support trump without knowing that this ban affected most black African countries and its plain racist!!

6 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by 12inchess: 5:27am On Feb 01, 2020
I believe Donald Trump is a bigoted racist as well as many of the people he surrounds himself with and I wouldn't be surprised seeing him KkK wears but that is his business. I find it hard to believe that Nigeria is the only country that doesn't meet the so called "identity requirements" set by u. s immigration. I believe this was done to appeal to his vote base of White American racists. If you wanted to reduce illegal immigration u would go after the greatest culprits of b1/b2 and tourist visa or even greencard marriages. Im still scratching my hea why the ban was on immigrant visas. Most of the countries banned in 2016 were either outright bans or b1/b2 tourist visas.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 01, 2020
You are still dwelling on this issue that has been cleared stop being a backward thinker...if at all you think
FrLukas:
No wonder a popular Pentecostal bishop in Nigeria was refused visa.

Anyway, America is not the only country we can travel to. Let America hold their visa. Nigerians have decided to stay back at home to develop their country.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 01, 2020
Minamoto:

He said that they need more immigration from white majority countries rather than Africans

He acknowledged a book that said Nigerians in the USA are criminals

He called nazis 'very fine people'

He called Mexicans 'rapists'

This is how white supremacy groups start.
You are just too daft to see all those.
Are you even aware that melania his wife is a migrant while trump grand or great grand parents where migrants too.

Lol, but they got the benefit of a doubt which isnt for real hustlers ready to stick to rules

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Isoduwa(m): 5:29am On Feb 01, 2020
Realdeals:
Congratulations Nigerians, we made it.

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by GermanMelania: 5:29am On Feb 01, 2020
Rosskiye:

Mr ''I love Trump even if Trump thinks I'm subhuman''.

Even he rapes your mum, you'll still support him because you're a thoughtless slave with no self esteem.

Why are you taking your anger out on him?
Whether he loves or hates trump isn't going to change the situation
.you can like/hate someone while disagreeing with his policies.
Nigerian pastors in ameriva push the whole voting republican thing bevause of abortion and gay rights. They tell people to not vote Democrat even though democrats are the ones pushing for immigration reform and giving illegal people rights and a path to citizenship. But we are so blinded by people's reproductive and sexual behavior we Bleep our own life lines.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LegendHero(m): 5:30am On Feb 01, 2020
goldony:
If I would guess: trump wonders how an African president allows his citizens to be slaughtered like goats by marauders/cattle rearers, while many of the populace fall within poverty range, yet their senators keep acquiring properties in his country then( he abused our President),also termed our country a shithole.

Trump simply looked for an intelligent reason to deny us visa, being an astute businessman and a writer.

This same Buhari that got myriads of serving corps members killed in 2011,as he lost then.i can't forget all the friends we lost, our fellow corpers got killed brutally by northerners,since INEC instructed us to register voters/conduct voting wit 9,750 allowee and unpaid 50k.
It's sad we have a president who has grown a metal heart towards the alarming rate of poverty, insecurity, misuse of the judiciary. Sunny okosun song"which way Nigeria" should have a remix sef.

So Buhari is the cause for the visa overstays?

Nigerians have been overstaying visa since several decades ago. Not only Nigerians, we have Indians, Mexicans, Canadians, Chinese, Brazilians, and etc.

How you people go off tangent from issue of discourse beats my imagination.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by TruthSpeaker: 5:31am On Feb 01, 2020
RaptorX:
The rate of non immigrant visas denial will go through the roof.

TRUE TALK, THAT IS EXPECTED EVEN WHEN THEY TEND TO DENY IT. BUT LET’S TELL OURSELVES THE TRUTH, A SIZABLE NUMBER OF NIGERIANS THAT APPLY USA VISA PLAN TO STAY BACK WHEN THEY VISIT.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by unikwa: 5:35am On Feb 01, 2020
The security situation in Nigeria has grown worse in recent years.
One thing Nigerian leaders don't know is that world leaders closely monitor situations in every country around the world.
Buhari has refused to fix Nigeria's problems. Then the most recent event with Sowore really blighted Nigeria.
Couple that with Nigerians being prone to overstaying their visas in the US, and you get a perfect reason to ban the country.

Some are calling Trump racist. He is not. That is just a CNN line they are repeating.
I follow Trump well. He has done more for blacks in 3yrs, than Obama did in 8yrs. Why would a racist do that?

Let's look at some things Trump did for black America...
- He is protecting jobs held mostly by blacks by tightening the border.
- Taking blacks off welfare, and back into the workforce.
- Black unemployment is the lowest in American history under Trump. See this (start from 18m 45s):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94gJz6ihors?t=1120
- Trump is fighting against abortion, which disproportionately affects black people.
- Huge increases in scholarships for black people at HBCUs.
Obama gave $8B in 8yrs
Trump gave $25B in 3yrs
- 400% increase in black businesses under Trump.
- Opportunity zones. Trump signed executive order to revitalize black urban communities. $100 billion to be invested into these communities. Democrats refused to support it, so Trump signed executive order.
- Criminal justice reform initiatives.
- Trump pardons boxer Jack Johnson. Obama had 8 yrs to do it, he refused to pardon him.
- Trump sold fighter helicopter to Nigeria, to be delivered soon. Obama refused to sell to Nigeria.
- Trump restored education voucher program, which Obama cancelled.
- Approval rating among blacks:
29% under Trump.
15% under Obama.
- Policies for black people:
Ashanti alert act
sickle cell anemia law
prison reform first-step act
MLK upgraded to national historical park.

- Trump helped Whitney Houston when she was on drugs.
- He helped Mike Tyson.
- Johnson amendment.
- Support for Trump has exploded among black Americans. See this (start from 20m 20s):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR1NnBA4HMI?t=1222

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by loswhite(m): 5:38am On Feb 01, 2020
FrLukas:
No wonder a popular Pentecostal bishop in Nigeria was refused visa.

Anyway, America is not the only country we can travel to. Let America hold their visa. Nigerians have decided to stay back at home to develop their country.
I hope we can also place a ban on ppl paying for their visa application. The annoying part is with the ban they will still collect ppls visa application money and still deny them

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by 1Dray(m): 5:39am On Feb 01, 2020
voltron14:

What country would he not have done this with?

Nigerians are poor and lazy and i reserve no apologies.

I would keep hitting this fact, the GDP per capita of Nigeria is 2000 dollars.

You fly into America on a visitor's visa and overstay to the level of 12% whilst those other countries you wish to talk about have an average of 1.2% overstayers.

Cry blood.

Scream about ineptitude of the government of the day.

Continue to hide your head in the sand.

Overstaying all boils down to bad governance in Nigeria. No one wants to visit and still want to come back home.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

The Caption For This Tinubu Photo Is Hilarious / Jonathan's House In Otuoke Where He Will Be Retiring To / Ahmed Gulak Shot Dead In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.