Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times (87758 Views)

Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List / Religious Repression: US Adds Nigeria To List Of "Countries Of Concern" / How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by linearity: 4:42am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:
Throw Bill De Blasio's vote into the dustbin too. Dems are losing and they know it. Look at California, Adam Schiff can't take care of his territory cos he channels are his focus on the impeachment sham and they are losing the debate. Trump will get an easy win in Nov 20 fortunately

You guys are amazing, you brought up NYC and couldn’t sustain that and we are now talking about CA district 28?

Schiff won that district by 78% the last time are you by any chance suggesting that the Republicans will win it this time around or they will win CA?

As fas as Trump winning re-election, incumbent Presidents always have the advantage, only a handful of US Presidents have lost re-elections; but they say Trump will win it by a landslide is overly too over presumptuous don’t you think?

Go back and look at the swing states that tip his way in 2016, he won them by a tinny percentage, some less than 1%, forget the national polls...go into those states and see if he has further expand his numbers there...also look at the midterms, when Democrats retook the House....also look at gerrymandering laws been successfully challenged and defeated and districts maps now been redrawn to accurately account for population growths, etc.

From the look of things, it will be difficult for Republicans to retake the House, the district maps are not in their favor...the Senate seem to favor the Republicans, but since they will be defending more states, it is more likely Dems will pick up more seats, what no one know if they will get enough to have a majority.

For the Presidency, it is Trump’s to loss and he is doing everything each day to loss it, but I will reserve my comments until I see who the Dem choose to represent them.

Biden will give Trump a run for his money, as he will attract people from the center and most Dems, but Dem don’t Trust him very well. Warren & Bernie will create more enthusiasm from the left and could threaten Trump if he continues to run to the far right and excite the divide in the US, therefore driving more people to the polls...there are more registered Dems in the swing states compare to Republicans, so a fully polarized US elections with a large turnout Republicans loss big time!

5 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Bianda24: 4:43am On Feb 01, 2020
It is unfortunate that we found ourselves in this mess. As a people with rich heritage, culturally, socially and economical, we are still being treated as second fiddle while we are known to be "giant". Nigeria is endowed with abundant natural/human resources yet other nations don't give us credence partly because of our worldview and largely because of inability to manage what we have particularly with reference to our inordinate leaders who lack the vision to rule.
I feel pained because, as a people and as a nation, Nigerians should be the first in everything and as a nation, our country should be the cynosure of all eyes but here we are, no way to go and the backward is not a good tale.

6 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LabDNA: 4:43am On Feb 01, 2020
Minamoto:

It's like you lack basic comprehension skills, you puppet. What has religion got to do with this? Oh you think I am here for Buhari vs Trump stuff. I am from the SE, I'm not a Muslim .

And Trump still doesn't give a sh*t about you or any Nigerian for that matter

You are from the SE? Ok, a simple test of your political I.Q.

What do you think about how a gang of muslim northerners and their lackeys have ruled this country like Danfodio's jungle since after the civil war without making any attempt to think like civilized people and build the country for all.
Their feudal kakistocracy rulership have pushed people (progressive minded) outside this country to the USA, especially Igbos and Christian southerners and they hardly return, my uncles who left in the 70s and 80s have never regretted leaving.

Now why shouldn't Biafrans intensify efforts to seperate from this country which is being held at the jugular by unprogressive muslim fulanis, and their mutiple terrorist groups (Fulani herdsmen terrorists, Boko haram and ISWAP). What business does Christian Biafrans have still remaining in a country with 3 world renown dangerous terrorist groups? Tell us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by freeman1010: 4:45am On Feb 01, 2020
A lot of set backs for Nigeria and Nigerians under this administration.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:51am On Feb 01, 2020
FrLukas:
No wonder a popular Pentecostal bishop in Nigeria was refused visa.

Anyway, America is not the only country we can travel to. Let America hold their visa. Nigerians have decided to stay back at home to develop their country.

why Nigerians want to travel to America when you can not travel in Nigeria without being afraid of killer/ herders men.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Phonescreens(m): 4:51am On Feb 01, 2020

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by RonJeremy: 4:52am On Feb 01, 2020
Buhari and his jihadist government has failed. This is the report card that Trump just issued....
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:54am On Feb 01, 2020
linearity:

You guys are amazing, you brought up NYC and couldn’t sustain that and we are now talking about CA district 28?

Schiff won that district by 78% the last time are you by any chance suggesting that the Republicans will win it this time around or they will win CA?

As fas as Trump winning re-election, incumbent Presidents always have the advantage, only a handful of US Presidents have lost re-elections; but they say Trump will win it by a landslide is overly too over presumptuous don’t you think?

Go back and look at the swing states that tip his way in 2016, he won them by a tinny percentage, some less than 1%, forget the national polls...go into those states and see if he has further expand his numbers there...also look at the midterms, when Democrats retook the House....also look at gerrymandering laws been successfully challenged and defeated and districts maps now been redrawn to accurately account for population growths, etc.

From the look of things, it will be difficult for Republicans to retake the House, the district maps are not in their favor...the Senate seem to favor the Republicans, but since they will be defending more states, it is more likely Dems will pick up more seats, what no one know if they will get enough to have a majority.

For the Presidency, it is Trump’s to loss and he is doing everything each day to loss it, but I will reserve my comments until I see who the Dem choose to represent them.

Biden will give Trump a fun for his money, as he will attract people from the center and most Dems, but Dem don’t Trust him very well. Warren & Bernie will create more enthusiasm from the left and could threaten Trump if he continues to run to the far right and excite the divide in the US, therefore driving more people to the polls...there are more registered Dems in the swing states compare to Republicans, so a fully polarized US elections with a large turnout Republicans loss big time!

Biden will give Trump a fun for his money

JOE BIDEN ? is this a joke

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LabDNA: 4:55am On Feb 01, 2020
ofeco:

I pray you grow up and stop calling your country zoo, the person that led Biafra war formed a political party called APGA when he realized that together we stand and divided we fall. I know Easterners are not getting what the deserve from Nigeria government but that should not drive into madness. Nigeria is our country and not a zoo.

The usual self-deceit that has kept this country where it is.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nchabuomo: 4:56am On Feb 01, 2020
linearity:

That is a sincere question and I list my premises and also gave him credit for the tax cut & North America trade deal.

Those are sincerely the only marks he will leave behind, the rest were through EO and will be erased the very moment he leaves office.

Tax cuts just benefits the rich and has ZERO benefit on the general population.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Empiree: 4:57am On Feb 01, 2020
Js22621:
Nigerians have suffered under bullhari
are u for real cheesy

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by menacetosociety: 4:57am On Feb 01, 2020
LabDNA:

Yes because the muslims and fulani have destroyed the country and ruling it like jungle, without giving a damn since after the civil war.

Biafrans should secure the support of the US and go to war if need be, since common sense has failed the fulani and their lackeys on the Nigerian issue.
U Igbos no get any sense at all chai!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 4:57am On Feb 01, 2020
And they said it is a fake news that Adeboye was denied Vida

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Pavarottii(m): 4:57am On Feb 01, 2020
voltron14:

What country would he not have done this with?

Nigerians are poor and lazy and i reserve no apologies.

I would keep hitting this fact, the GDP per capita of Nigeria is 2000 dollars.

You fly into America on a visitor's visa and overstay to the level of 12% whilst those other countries you wish to talk about have an average of 1.2% overstayers.

Cry blood.

Scream about ineptitude of the government of the day.

Continue to hide your head in the sand.
What the Bleep are u saying...? How will uvsay Nigerians are lazy?
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 4:57am On Feb 01, 2020
I see some people hating president Trump here because they are convinced he is a racist, an idiot, a bigot, a fool and unfit to rule. But over 60 million Americans voted for the supposed racist and fool and more than that number are expected to vote for his re-election this coming November.

Before he became the president, things like this were said about him. He had to fight the Washington democrats, republicans and the media to get to where he is.

Before he was sworn in, the Washington democrats promised he was going to be impeached.

According to the FISA abuse report by the Inspector General, the FBI under the Obama administration secretly spied and investigated Trump before and after the elections. They lied to a secret court on numerous occasions to get warrants, falsified an email sent by the CIA that exonerated one of Trump associate and used a salacious and false dossier funded and paid by the Democratic National committee as a basis to continue to investigate Trump.

That did not end. They appointed a special counsel to look into the possibility of him being a Russian asset. They investigated every thing about him, his business and family, even his grand children.

They failed in that one, then they vowed to continue, now they impeached him, but as of today, the senate voted against new witnesses and are going to acquit him come Next Wednesday.

The American media and democrats have smeared him, lied against him, abused, ridiculed and mocked him for more than 3 years, but despite all these, he has continue to work hard and deliver results for the American people.

The democrats in the house vows that they will continue to investigate Trump and will impeach him again on whatever they determine as a crime.

A Normal politician cannot survive this kind of attack, he was put there by the American people to deliver results and Make America Great Again as he promised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Abdool89(m): 4:58am On Feb 01, 2020
saaron:
Nigeria now a pariah country thanks to buhari's fulani regime.
#BuhariMustResign

Really? Buhari is the reason why people overstay in America beyond their visa expiration? Sentiment will not kill you bro..

PS:I hate Buhari

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Sirjamo: 4:58am On Feb 01, 2020
After those fifty Nigerians were arrested for defrauding Americans, I knew Trump would return the favor in ten fold, especially when it's almost certain that he would not be reelected.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Btruth: 4:58am On Feb 01, 2020
FrLukas:
No wonder a popular Pentecostal bishop in Nigeria was refused visa.

Anyway, America is not the only country we can travel to. Let America hold their visa. Nigerians have decided to stay back at home to develop their country.
.......with those leeches at the NASS?

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 4:59am On Feb 01, 2020
Hoephase:

What is wrong with him putting the interest of his country first?

As we speak our borders are closed for our own good, I see nothing wrong with a nation putting their interests first.
Nothing wrong, but i believe the target suppose to extend to the high calibre visas too which the nigeria elite uses to enter usa.

The ban is aimed at stopping immigrant hustlers who overstay because their leaders bastardise their own countries.

Atleast if trump is sincere he should help us keep the Elite restricted here too, but no just like his islamic ban on some islamic states while leaving saudis, qatar.

So it is not holistically because it is not the interest of americans to see pepetrators of nigeria decay improvish their citizens to keep up with america luxury life

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by wonder233: 5:01am On Feb 01, 2020
Make everybody stay him country. Imigration na by force?
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Ogalanyaidi(m): 5:02am On Feb 01, 2020
I hold a US tourist visa since 2018. Am I allowed to travel with it given that it still hasn't expired? I reside in Australia with an American fiancee.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Pavarottii(m): 5:02am On Feb 01, 2020
MPSA:
I am not a big fan of Migrantion , Somebody will understand my point on this one, We need to build our countries instead of running away from our countries time and again, Staying at home produce more positive results than running away.
a country that can barely pay 100dollars minimum wage... Wat do u want to use to build d country? With unemoloyment date about 30% of its population

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by ngkman: 5:03am On Feb 01, 2020
GamalNasser:
Thanks to those animal that went to protest and burn American flag when Soleimani was killed ...Well no matter what Trump does I still support him ..We must not forget that Buhari has locked our own border for months now and zombies have been applauding them
God bless you my brother. wisdom go kill you
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Amudeneogu: 5:04am On Feb 01, 2020
It is time to tell ourself truth things are not going well in this country sentiments apart
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LabDNA: 5:04am On Feb 01, 2020
menacetosociety:
U Igbos no get any sense at all chai!

You are a cantankerous dolt, you hate me, I hate you. You run the country aground since after the civil war, force people to migrate out of their country, you spread terror, your hopeless country is home to 3 most dangerous Islamic terrorist groups. Those group will still be here in the next 20 years as long as Islam exists.

IPOB then peacefully say to you, 'Oga stay on your own, let me go and build my destiny yet you claim they 'no get sense'. May your mouth be filled with excreta!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Urchman200: 5:04am On Feb 01, 2020
nameo:

Bros, am not a Biafra supporter. I still believe in nigeria as bad as things have become.

Thank you though
I didn't see were he urged to join biafran struggle seriously, or just in a bid to make subtle attacks?

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Pavarottii(m): 5:07am On Feb 01, 2020
Minamoto:

There is literally no reason for you all to support Trump. Where is this Nigerian support coming from? Trump is a nazi and a racist and has even praised a book that said that 'wherever Nigerians are much in the USA, there is crime there'. Yet you all love him and for what reason? Just give me one reason. Do your research please, Trump does not care about all of you.

I guess you all identify with his arrogant attitude and see it as 'strength'. Or Nigerians love being oppressed so much it's now part of them
So buhari cares about me?? Please say something else...

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Jabioro: 5:07am On Feb 01, 2020
Realdeals:
Congratulations Nigerians, we made it.
To where?

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by GermanMelania: 5:07am On Feb 01, 2020
GamalNasser:

Did you see any white country burning American flags and protecting islamic Terrorist?

So we don do pass Saudi abi? Why Saudi missing?
Burning flag is hardly the issue. How many northerners do you see that actually go talk less of live in America?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LegendHero(m): 5:10am On Feb 01, 2020
Jabioro:
To where?

Lol we made it to the ban list!

That’s what he meant lol.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by linearity: 5:12am On Feb 01, 2020
Nchabuomo:

Tax cuts just benefits the rich and has ZERO benefit on the general population.

Totally agreed, I only brought up the tax cuts because they are indeed his achievements that another President can’t easily undo on day one!

The rest are majorly through EOs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Anambra Police Bust Sex Slave Camp, Rescue 35 Girls (Photos) / Osinbajo’s Security Team Changed, Guarded By Only Northerners - FFK / Lt Col Mohammad Abu-ali's Body Transported To Base, See Wife And Kid Too (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.