Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts (43536 Views)

NAF Jet Evacuating 350 Nigerians Leaves Egypt For Abuja / Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? / South Africa Grants Landing Permit To Airline Evacuating Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Openbusiness: 9:58pm On Feb 01, 2020
Ayemileto:
It is well.

You stated in your post that you're willing to fund your own travel expenses, in this case, isn't it possible for you to leave the affected region and catch a flight back to Nigeria?

At least, some Chinese who left the country for China will be returning back to Nigeria. I see no reason why they should prevent you from returning while allowing non Nigerians back.
They can't leave anymore. Wuhan is on lockdown, the virus has spread to epidemic proportions. There is no cure for the virus anywhere in the world. Even the USA is already contemplating blocking all entry from China, because 2 more Americans that came from China has been confirmed infected bringing the number to 8, but unfortunately several health workers in the USA that were exposed to the infected people have also gotten infected. America airlines has cancelled all flights to and from China. The Coronavirus is not a new virus, the problem is this strain (genome) of Coronavirus is completely unknown and different from the ones that scientists have coded. This new strain has evolved.

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by WuhanPerson: 9:58pm On Feb 01, 2020
MI6:

Raise a tweet but ensure you tag Abike Dabiri. You should get some feedback as to when the next outbound flight leaving Wuhan to Nigeria is.

Been there done that:

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Blindersoff: 9:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
Mstick:
You’re the only person on this thread that echoed my thoughts, immediately I saw “privacy reasons” I stopped reading.

Maybe he/she have been antagonistic on this forum but with the situation on ground who cares?

You can’t come online to claim “Wuhan person” that needs help and at the same time trying to be private, if you really needed privacy then why did you bring your situation online?

You are very smart unlike many here who refused to jumpstart the jelly they have in their heads. Why claim privacy in the first place and come here to ask for help? Are we or the government to help a ghost?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Blindersoff: 10:00pm On Feb 01, 2020
WuhanPerson:

Been there done that:

Is this person on Twitter you? YES OR NO

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Brainbox2020(m): 10:00pm On Feb 01, 2020
Baby digonised with CoronaVirus quarantined in China, very emotional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOLWUjV37CA

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Openbusiness: 10:01pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:
I do not think FG has any plans of evacuating Nigerians in Wuhan...

This is a dicey situation ooo

Seeing the picture below got me shiver

Too late for evacuation. At this point, they are most likely infected already. If they come here, they will be coming with a virus that will kill us all. The virus is airborne, has no cure. We can't risk the lives of 180million people because of 50 people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Ayemileto(m): 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2020
Openbusiness:

They can't leave anymore. Wuhan is on lockdown, the virus has spread to epidemic proportions. There is no cure for the virus anywhere in the world. Even the USA is already contemplating blocking all entry from China, because 2 more Americans that came from China has been confirmed infected bringing the number to 8, but unfortunately several health workers in the USA that were exposed to the infected people have also gotten infected. America airlines has cancelled all flights to and from China. The Coronavirus is not a new virus, the problem is this strain (genome) of Coronavirus is completely unknown and different from the ones that scientists have coded. This new strain has evolved.

Wow.
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by gcof(m): 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:
O boy!

Wetin una dey find for that kind place, the name alone sef na something...

It's well, God is with you
that place is a better place to live in than world poverty capital
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by LadySarah: 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
WuhanPerson:

Sorry, that is as far as i can go.

My friend you aren't serious!
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by MPESA(m): 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
Blindersoff:

I can see you have a hole where your brain ought to have been since you fail to understand that truly intelligent people would ask questions.

If he does not say his name or school where he is studying or what he is studying or even his admission information or number or whatever he has there how would he be traced or identified or even verified?

Is it a ghost that would be evacuated or an actual living human?

You need to research my moniker to know that Peanuts do not come close to me

You are requesting for evidence so that your APC government will go evaluate them the same they evaluated her citizens from south Africa.... I Am done with you Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Openbusiness: 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
Brainbox2020:
Baby digonised with CoronaVirus quarantined in China, very emotional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOLWUjV37CA

embarassed
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by WuhanPerson: 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
Blindersoff:

Then you are a very unserious fellow.

Is this how you value your life as you claim?

Why is your identity or a verifiable proof difficult for you to provide? Afterall your OP said you are a student currently studying at one of Wuhan's universities. What is the name of your university and what are you studying? Show a picture of your student card or some ID or take a pic of yourself right now doing the peace sign or holding a paper with your moniker written on it standing by a wuhan sign or a sign verifiable from wuhan.

Listen, Nobody will take you seriously if all you want to do is gossip

I am trying to make this very easy for you

10 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Sanchez01: 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
WuhanPerson:

We are therefore pleading with the Nigerian government to please rescue us from this situation, as we are ready to appease their fears by:

1. Being tested and quarantined on arrival
2. Fund our travel expenses.

We are humans, people who are citizens of a great nation who do not deserve to be publicly sentenced to death by a country we are proud of.

Front Page please, and help us.
Quite saddening, right now, your position but the truth is that Nigeria is not equipped to tackle outbreaks let alone one that is viral.

In the past one week, my thoughts have been tilting towards post-apocalyptic sci-fi movies and can't help but think we have to brace up.

The long and short of this is that it would be unwise for a country as Nigeria to evacuate her citizens from a viral outbreak territory as it will spread more than wildfire since we don't have the necessary tools to not only curb it but also a possible way of slowing down the virus.

You guys are on your own right now. And I doubt the government would want to gamble and risk the lives of over 180 million people just because they want to leave the 99 behind and go in search of one. This is harsh and insensitive but it is the undiluted truth.

We are still battling Lassa Fever right now and cannot afford to add another.

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Mstick: 10:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
Don’t mind the “person” we can’t even tell if it’s a female or male, I’ve been watching the news and seeing people from different countries currently in wuhan giving situation reports on international news and he/she cannot even provide proof of any kind.

Trust me, some Nigerians can use this coronavirus to create a scam format.
Blindersoff:

You are very smart unlike many here who refused to jumpstart the jelly they have in their heads. Why claim privacy in the first place and come here to ask for help? Are we or the government to help a ghost?

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Blindersoff: 10:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
WuhanPerson:

What University are you in Wuhan and what are you studying?

You posted a twitter pic saying BEEN THERE DONE THAT and i asked if that is you on twitter.

I am waiting for your response
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by FuckAllTheMODs: 10:07pm On Feb 01, 2020
gcof:
that place is a better place to live in than world poverty capital
h

You mean India?
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by FA13(m): 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2020
post=86299372:

Thanks for posting this!
Thanks for coming out to talk.
We believe something will be done before 48 hours ,
and for those that do not want to live just like some refused to leave SA when the movement came for them, we wish them the best.

For those of you that are ready to come back home to our darling country.
Prepare your bags and boxes guys.
Keep yourself safe and sound for few hours more.
This is a proactive government, to most extent.
God bless Nigeria.

So it was your Cownu and his rented bouncers that went to SOUTH AFRICA to evacuate Nigerians few months ago

48 hours.
We are waiting.

And be reasonable at once too.
Life needs to be saved first before bringing politics to everything. Nothing about PDP and APC in this case. Or is it 16years of PDP they ought to have rescued people in Wuhan in 2020. Atleast apply sense to psychopancy.

The last time I checked, a private citizens airlift people from South Africa and not the government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by kamikaz1: 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2020
WuhanPerson:
Good day everyone,

I am a Nigerian student currently studying at one of Wuhan's universities. Due to privacy concerns i decided to open this account to describe the situation of Nigerians currently in Wuhan in the midst of the corona virus outbreak. This post was necessitated by the following false report attributed to our honorable Minister for information in the Nigerian media:

https://www.nairaland.com/5663594/16-nigerians-chinese-town-hit

1. Only 16 Nigerians in Wuhan?

The total number of Nigerians in Wuhan to my recollection currently stands at over 50 people. We have been able to coordinate ourselves, and support each other in this trying period.

2. We Don't want to leave?

This statement is the bone of contention, and has caused panic in the Wuhan Nigerian community. The Nigerian Population in Wuhan includes students, researchers, and Businessmen, many of whom are with their wives and children. These people are all at risk of getting infected each time they leave their place of residence to find food to eat or water to drink in a city that looks like a ghost town with supplies running out each day.

Right now countries that have successfully evacuated their citizens (South Korea, Kazakhstan, India, Jordan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Japan, Italy, Germany, Indonesia, etc.) have proven the possibility of evacuation without infection. So the question becomes why is our case different?

We are therefore pleading with the Nigerian government to please rescue us from this situation, as we are ready to appease their fears by:

We are humans, people who are citizens of a great nation who do not deserve to be publicly sentenced to death by a country we are proud of.

CONTACT SAHARA REPORTERS FOR SWIFTER RESPONSE. MY ADVISE. Provide them with good evidence. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
WuhanPerson:
Good day everyone,

I am a Nigerian student currently studying at one of Wuhan's universities. Due to privacy concerns i decided to open this account to describe the situation of Nigerians currently in Wuhan in the midst of the corona virus outbreak. This post was necessitated by the following false report attributed to our honorable Minister for information in the Nigerian media:

The total number of Nigerians in Wuhan to my recollection currently stands at over 50 people. We have been able to coordinate ourselves, and support each other in this trying period.

This statement is the bone of contention, and has caused panic in the Wuhan Nigerian community. The Nigerian Population in Wuhan includes students, researchers, and Businessmen, many of whom are with their wives and children. These people are all at risk of getting infected each time they leave their place of residence to find food to eat or water to drink in a city that looks like a ghost town with supplies running out each day.

Right now countries that have successfully evacuated their citizens (South Korea, Kazakhstan, India, Jordan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Japan, Italy, Germany, Indonesia, etc.) have proven the possibility of evacuation without infection. So the question becomes why is our case different?

will Nigerian Nigerian pilot and crew agree to go?

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Pro2makx(m): 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
WuhanPerson:
Good day everyone,

Guy, you guys need to involve NANS to help pressure d federal gov. Atleast for the sake of those of you who are student. Do that fast
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by uchman(m): 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
WuhanPerson:

You have proven enough bro...
Let's channel our minds to what we are here for

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
All i can say is 小心一点

Ogadimma
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2020
WuhanPerson:
Good day everyone,

biko make una stay there and tough it out. nigeria lacks the type of facilities, funding, and organization with dedicated manpower that is available to all those developed countries who've been evacuating their citizens.

you lot stand a better chance of survival out there in china where they already possess test kits and drugs specific to the virus, which nigeria does not have. you can bet if nigerian government releases funds to buy medical supplies required today, someone somewhere within this admin would embezzle the cash and put all 180 million of us at risk.

the risks are better managed by a developed country like china and even you all have a better chance to get through this unscathed if you remain in china, than to bring that virus down here to this jungle where everything goes. remember the thing is said to have a latency period of a few weeks or so...

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Blindersoff: 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2020
uchman:

He has proven absolutely nothing.

He lifted that Picture from the Wuhan international Christian fellowship on Facebook and then super imposed his moniker on it.

that poster was posted on the fellowship facebook page in 2016 and this is 2020

Why is he posting a 2016 picture if he is currently in Wuhan?

WuhanPerson am i lying or should i post it here for you to see?

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by WuhanPerson: 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2020
uchman:

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by DennisEche(m): 10:17pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:

Try and be human even if you have a stone heart
See who is talking of heart, for supporting Buhari you are heartless

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by helinues: 10:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
DennisEche:

See who is talking of heart, for supporting Buhari you are heartless

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by WuhanPerson: 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
Blindersoff:

He has proven absolutely nothing.

He lifted that Picture from the Wuhan international Christian fellowship on Facebook and then super imposed his moniker on it.

that poster was posted on the fellowship facebook page in 2016 and this is 2020

Why is he posting a 2016 picture if he is currently in Wuhan?

WuhanPerson am i lying or should i post it here for you to see?

All i can say is for God to protect you, you will never find yourself in my current situation and be safe from harm.

Stay safe, and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Charly68: 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2020
Return to Herdsmen enclave at your own peril .
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Lamanii22(f): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2020
Blindersoff:

I do not know how Nigerians are or think? Nobody asks pertinent questions which would most likely help the OP quicker but everyone just comes on to agree without any proof. Without evidence of some sort this is just gossip as far as i am concerned.

We need to stop acting like brainless people and actually put our brains to good use

Asking for proof isn't brainless... It's hard to believe things easily these days... I agree on the proof part though... It would be easier to help that way...

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by larryking540: 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
Nukilia:
Sorry about your experience! Nigerians in Wuhan should just try and survive during this period. Do not expect Buhari or anyone in his cabinet to come over to rescue you in China.

If anyone tries it, such a person will be victimized by the government of Nigeria. Use anointed handkerchief and anointing oil to dey rub your body..

Buhari no send you! undecided

Na wa ooooooo,,,na life we day leave so
See the kin life we day leave and someone keeps telling me about hell fire ,,,,,the way we survive in Nigeria it's already hell
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Blindersoff: 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
WuhanPerson:

All i can say is for God to protect you, you will never find yourself in my current situation and be safe from harm.

Stay safe, and God bless.

You are a super unserious human being.

You came here with a cry for help and in trying to help you escalate your alleged situation i demanded for some sort of evidence and the only one you provided was a 2016 fellowship flyer yet we are in 2020.

Incidentally the same flyer is on the wuhan international christian fellowships facebook page and posted in 2016.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Is this how you say you need help yet wish to remain a ghost?

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN WUHAN? FOR HOW MANY YEARS?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Life In Turkey / Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA / Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.