Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians (54139 Views)

Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! / Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Sudden Change In US Visa Rules That Affect Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by Truth801(m): 9:23am On Feb 02, 2020
gaetano:
2018: OVERSTAY WITH STUDENTS VISA IN THE US - Top 13 Countries

China: 12,924
India: 5,716
Saudi Arabia: 3,917
Brazil: 3,196
South Korea: 3,069
Vietnam: 2,763
Nepal: 2,139
Nigeria: 1,944
Japan: 1,672
Philippines: 1,352
Columbia: 1,279
Turkey: 1,136
UK: 1,075

#StatiSense

(DHS)

The ban has nothing to do with overstaying, it's more of insecurity, terrorism
Nice opinion. However, when dealing with statistics always consider percentage. Wats the percentage of students of various nationalities that overstayed as against the total number whose documents expired.
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by emecheboy2(m): 9:24am On Feb 02, 2020
frankmoney:
Oh wow ....since it's temporal the government should just meet thier requirements , I don't think that's difficult

Lol, my dear everything is difficult for this administration. The only thing that is not difficult for them is excuses ��.

1 Like

Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by GermanMelania: 9:25am On Feb 02, 2020
TerraMessorem:

you love to talk, if you read what i said, i said even if they had a small hand in it,
hahaha. i knew that is what you will jump to come and say
that we didnt sell ourselves
those claiming that angle are still wrong,
which other civilisation out there, in history, during war, unless defeated, would succumb to go and bring others as slave, simply because of threat.
did the native indians in america do it, no, they were almost wiped out from killing
did the turks, the romans, the japanese, the anglosaxons when the vikings attacked them
only africans still had blood in their veins, agreed to go and fetch others, wether under duress or not

You still don't get it. There was no African identity. Humans and by large still remain humans to us. Black/African is a concept brought upon us just like nigeria is. Do you get my point? When they started teying to figure out how they would outlaw slavery they mentioned needing to pay off fulani as that was their lively hood. Read the books of the time. Life in the niger and also anthoer book by flora shaw.
Lagos outlawed slavery 6 years before the American Congress did.
People can only practice what they know. And no way Africans could have expectef what was on the other side of that ocean. They themselves were under seige if you dont do what the brits wanted they had you killed and impose a new leader. This has still not changed. Look at countries around tje world. Is libya better after ghaddafi? Saddam nko where are the weapons? But the new leaders installed agreed to share oil.
Osama worked with the Americans. Countries have been destroyed just do western companies can thrive.
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by maternal: 9:26am On Feb 02, 2020
Other than marriage, what visa can a Nigerian get that will lead to permanent residency? Most come as a visitor then find their way from there. This won't stop anything. Most Nigerians are migrating to Canada at a much higher rate any way.
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 02, 2020
gaetano:
2018: OVERSTAY WITH STUDENTS VISA IN THE US - Top 13 Countries

China: 12,924
India: 5,716
Saudi Arabia: 3,917
Brazil: 3,196
South Korea: 3,069
Vietnam: 2,763
Nepal: 2,139
Nigeria: 1,944
Japan: 1,672
Philippines: 1,352
Columbia: 1,279
Turkey: 1,136
UK: 1,075

#StatiSense

(DHS)

The ban has nothing to do with overstaying, it's more of insecurity, terrorism

Insecurity and terrorism yet there is no Saudi Arabia, UAE or Egypt on the list. Countries with citizens that have committed acts of terror on US soil.

Stop defending racism. A racist is only your friend as long as you are less than him. Once you start to make money or become equally as successful, he starts to hate and actively work against you

1 Like

Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by GermanMelania: 9:28am On Feb 02, 2020
TerraMessorem:

and that is not even my point
in your foolishness you missed everything
slave trade was happening on this shores before the atlantic slave trade
and it is still happening right now
you are a slave of buhari

Dont compare sleep to death. The atlantic slave trade was systemic and backed by govts.legal
What hapoens today is horrific and underground. Individuals. We shouldny use the same name. Bur rhey use it to minimize the true damage of the Atlantic slave trade
12 million died in the ocean.. didnt make it across.
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by coputa(m): 9:31am On Feb 02, 2020
African leaders only react when they are woken up with a slap.
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by ednut1(m): 9:41am On Feb 02, 2020
frankmoney:
Oh wow ....since it's temporal the government should just meet thier requirements , I don't think that's difficult
do we have database It xosts 5k to get a police clearance report at alagbon. Even Shekau can obtain it

1 Like

Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by petuniaevents(f): 9:49am On Feb 02, 2020
Trump
Since its temporary like they said then Nigeria should try to meet their requirements abi

Have an event or wedding coming up? Send us a dm.
*Decoration
*Catering.
*planning and guest list management.
Rentals (chairs.tables.tents.marquees.mist fans.tableclothes. chaircovers. Tie backs. Lounges. Cocktail tables etc )

Call us on 07065574265 / 08136241570
For more perusal, check our IG @petuniaevents
Oya☎☎☎ or ��� we are ready.....
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by coputa(m): 9:50am On Feb 02, 2020
jayfolarin:

Insecurity and terrorism yet there is no Saudi Arabia, UAE or Egypt on the list. Countries with citizens that have committed acts of terror on US soil.

Stop defending racism. A racist is only your friend as long as you are less than him. Once you start to make money or become equally as successful, he starts to hate and actively work against you
Buhari body language and the recent públic burning of the Americàn flag in Abuja in protest for the killing of the iranian terrorist.It sends a wrong signal to the united state,hence the ban
The problem of the nigeria state is the north.

1 Like

Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by Brainbox2020(m): 9:55am On Feb 02, 2020
Nigerian lady peels first layer of skin off like a snake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4-XUKnVI6A
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by Fidelismaria: 9:56am On Feb 02, 2020
Op

Is student visa affected?
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by AfroKnight: 10:03am On Feb 02, 2020
The money the US Embassy has made from visa applications ehn, it’s too much. They have finally realised that there is nothing we can do. Our citizens will keep “trying their luck” even when they are most likely to be rejected.

Nna Forget! When you’re big, you’re big.

1 Like

Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:11am On Feb 02, 2020
solmus:
cool

Trump never sabi Naija, this racist Dunce never sabi say with all the ban during Abacha regime we became more creative.. since uk began doing anyhow we moved our luxury spenders to Dubai and Dubai is more Apreciative of us and our investment, now that sepratist racist UK got Brexit they are now toasting us back

You mean our LOOTERS!
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by Alphageometrix: 10:12am On Feb 02, 2020
Bizzysmitty:
Make una allow person hear word, USA na Heaven?
I tire o.
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by solmus: 10:13am On Feb 02, 2020
TroubleMaker47:

You mean our LOOTERS!

i mean Dangote , Jimoh Ibrahim, Adenuga, Otedola , Alakija, Auth Nzeribe, Mia deribe, Dantata , Tony elumelu
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by Firstnebo: 10:16am On Feb 02, 2020
MrPresident1:
2 Chronicles 36:23:
23 Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath the Lord God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The Lord his God be with him, and let him go up.

God mentioned the names of two presidents specifically in the Bible.

Cyrus, King of Persia

Trump, King of USA

Where did the Bible mention Trump by name
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:26am On Feb 02, 2020
That is what happens when you have a dullard as President... I blame the nincompoops that voted for him

1 Like

Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 10:31am On Feb 02, 2020
MrPresident1:
2 Chronicles 36:23:
23 Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath the Lord God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The Lord his God be with him, and let him go up.

God mentioned the names of two presidents specifically in the Bible.

Cyrus, King of Persia

Trump, King of USA
2020 u av this mind set Stillllll
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by lograr(m): 10:33am On Feb 02, 2020
When Nigeria was ban because of Abdumutallab the pant bomber, President Goodluck Jonathan left for US and addressed the issue. The ban was lifted. What's this president doing about this??

2 Likes

Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by KekeNash(f): 11:10am On Feb 02, 2020
YorubaNinja:
The funny thing is these same gov't officials all have foreign passports or permanent residencies in foreign nations yet, they deny the average and poor Nigerians the ordinary privilege of running away from the mess they create.

These same people are the ones that would vote them into power and abuse pple like Sowore. Damn! angry Nigerian masses are the most gullible people on the planet and are indeed cursed. Fact! angry
Yes Nigerians are the most gullible in the whole world, why blaming your leaders for this ban? When an average nigerian get an opportunity to live in a foreign country, he resorts to scamming, drugs trading, human trafficking and all sorts of crimes, how your leaders have anything to do with you'll being criminals? Is high time South Africa and the rest of the world ban Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:13am On Feb 02, 2020
MRcocaFanta:
Truth be told, Buhari is trying but there are few bad eggs in his government.

How come BuBu had not said a thing himself??
Even if na native language TALK.... him no talk.

AA... spoke and some Zombies still lashed him with words...
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 02, 2020
Those of you hailing Trump for the Ban you probably don't have any business with U.S or you're in America alrealdy. You don't know how davasting this ban is, it affected me and I hope they lift the travel ban soon
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by eclecticbaron: 11:29am On Feb 02, 2020
Centcanada:
America is there giving ban to some Africa country not to enter their country because of security issue why Nigeria govt. closed border for food and other valuable item not to enter there fore endanger the life of Nigerians living inside but they open the border for free visas for their brother to come freely and join their brother herdsmen to kill Nigerians. What kind of dull brain are leading us as a leader? If they don't know what to do, let them step down because their leadership pattern is bringing doom to us nothing more! I just said my own. Come and beat me the Gullible ones.

This is one of the very reasons for this travel ban. How do you make your country visa free for unscrupulous people to enter as they like thereby compromising the safety of the very people you swore to protect? I hope it will be a total ban so we know the dunderheads we have as leaders.
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by Yoighaman(m): 11:39am On Feb 02, 2020
agwom:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-will-us-travel-ban-affect-nigerians.html

This is the kind of insult a country receives from other nations when her government is re*tarded and reactive rather than being proactive. Why wait until Nigerians are made to face this embarrassment?
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by RaptorX: 11:47am On Feb 02, 2020
Bullet01:
Nigeria should be re-colonized in my own opinion. We are not matured to handle ourselves.

If we can have handful of whites to pilot our affairs for about 30years we will be fine.
The British were in charge for 100 years before independence in 1960 but 98% of the development in Nigeria took place over the last 60 years so what are you talking about. Going back to European colonization is not the solution but the country needs urgent restructuring.
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by TruthSpeaker: 11:53am On Feb 02, 2020
UNFORTUNATELY THE BAN WILL NOT BE LIFTED WHILE PRESIDENT TRUMP REMAINS IN POWER. NO SANE PERSON SHOULD BE FOOLED INTO BELIEVING THAT WHEN THE SECURITY ISSUE IS SOLVED OUR STATUS WILL BE RESTORED.
THE ADDITIONAL FEES DEMANDED FROM NIGERIANS WHEN THEIR USA VISA APPLICATION IS APPROVED HAS REMAINED IN PLACE EVEN MONTHS AFTER WE CORRECTED THE STUPID MESS WE WERE DOING AS DEMANDED BY USA.

1 Like

Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by RaptorX: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2020
linearity:

So which criminal database Nigeria get, wey they wan share now?

If a man commits man slaughter in Aba, and he ran to Lagos to stay, spent the next ten years in Lagos and luck shines on him and gots an opportunity to migrate to the US....the US embassy requires him to go and collect a Police Character Certificate from a designated Police Station in Lagos, this report is the same as the US FBI report.

So, which database dey ground now, wey the officer go look come know say, this guy don true true kill person before come report am for him Police Character Report?

How long you think say e go take 9ja to build that Kai database? Remember say, some people for almost 5 years now, no fa get common National ID card....plus how will deal with the human factor or the Police guy, that will collect bribe from you and ignore to report what is on your file?

The committee that the Presidency setup na IGG!
And you think most countries in Africa or the developing world have the FBI type of database why are they not on the ban list but Nigeria is. I think this like someone mentioned is to restrict the number of black people from Africa's most populous nation from settling in the US permanently.
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by SpartanKing: 11:55am On Feb 02, 2020
Becky95:
When you voted for someone that cannot sit down and pass primary 6 examination, what do you expect...

Someone that cannot communicate with the US Government fluently.

That's true!
Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by Odinaka00(m): 11:56am On Feb 02, 2020
ucham:

Biafra is not a 100% solution to all our problems, I agree. But it is at least a solution. With the restoration of Biafra, we can at least have a concensus on the structure of the new nation. Our voices can be captured in the constitution.
It definitely will not be an overnight success. It will be a process.
If not Biafra, what is the solution my brother?
A country shared with people who value cattle than their fellow man? I don't think so.

As for Uche Ogbuagu, I am not surprised in the least. He is a human in power, and power can corrupt any man no matter how noble they may be. This is the reason we shouldn't trust in humans. In Developed societies, emphasis is placed on institutions than on individuals. This is because humans can easily be corrupted. It takes more effort for institutions with laid out laws and precepts to be corrupted.
With the restoration of Biafra we can have the opportunity to build strong institutions that will help in Human capacity building as well as nation building.

Like I said, Biafra will not be 100% perfect, nothing is 100% perfect. But believe me it will be better than a nation ruled by Alamajiris.

You have spoken like an intelligent and educated person. I totally agree with your write up bro.. keep it up

1 Like

Re: How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians by AmTruth: 11:57am On Feb 02, 2020
This challenges little must come to pass.

God bless Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman In Labor, Husband & Brotherinlaw Die In Accident / Exhausted Lagosians Sleeping Inside A Moving BRT Bus (Video, Photos) / First Presidential Jet Lands At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.