Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,085 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? (20488 Views)

Only A Useless Father Will Create Satan To Torment His Children. / Paul Adefarasin; His Saul Analogy And The Response / Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 02, 2020
Inteltower:

build others up That have no intention to actually learn.stop quoting verses out of context.

if you think you can do Better counsel him then
am done talking to your likes that want pampering always to understand God's word
shutup!

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
beardlessdude:
shutup!
the truth is always bitter to hear. come and shut me up
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by MamaFryo(f): 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2020
Inteltower:

the truth is always bitter to hear.
come and shut me up

Who are you Mr Man? Do you know I can track and get you arrested for these nonsense you are pulling here? Don't try me o, check my profile picture and be warned.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Blakjewelry(m): 3:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
Lostz:
there are thousands of verse in the Bible that talks about the problem between God and devil. You should start by reading Genesis
lol point to one or two verses from Genesis or all you know about the story is what your pastor told you

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
MamaFryo:

Who are you Mr Man? Do you know I can track and get you arrested for these nonsense you are pulling here? Don't try me o, check my profile picture and be warned.

and who are you sir ?
do you know that I can by the spirit inflict you with a deadly disease ?

because I know the only one I fear
you don't know me and my conscience is clear if you dare me you will see.
don't forget the power of the Holy spirit you accuser of God
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by MamaFryo(f): 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
Inteltower:

and who are you sir ?

Deadly disease ke? Ki la gbe kile ju? Han Han what happen na? Somebody cannot play with You? On the other hand, I am ma not sir grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2020
MamaFryo:

Deadly disease ke? Ki la gbe kile ju? Han Han what happen na? Somebody cannot play with You? On the other hand, I am ma not sir grin

there can be costly jokes

Don't provoke God's spirit; repent and seek understanding

no be me you fear na the Holy Spirit lol
I thank God say u sabi Wetin him fit do you
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 02, 2020
Blakjewelry:
lol point to one or two verses from Genesis or all you know about the story is what your pastor told you
I don't waste time with trolls
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Blakjewelry(m): 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
Lostz:
I don't waste time with trolls
I know you are just trying to escape this because there is no were in Genesis that talk about it, I have read virtually almost the entire Bible. In fact I am in a better position to school you on where the account of the beef was lifted hence you see only references where made even about the sons of God coming down to mate with the daughters of men so escape the topic if you want to but never say I am troll when I very much know I can captain this ship

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Blakjewelry(m): 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2020
Inteltower:

and who are you sir ?

So what if I dare you to give me only week to live and by the next I am still kicking fine you will have to cut short this alcohol you are drinking

8 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Eviana(f): 1:04am On Feb 04, 2020
MamaFryo:
Question: "Why did God send an evil spirit to torment King Saul?"

First Samuel 16:14 says, “The Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.” This is also mentioned in 1 Samuel 16:15–16, 23; 18:10; and 19:9. Why did God let an evil spirit torment Saul? In what way was the evil spirit “from” the Lord?

We all know that God is holy, I always wonder what relationship that light has with darkness. How could an embodiment of holiness have evil in possession. Please note that this case is different from that of Job where God allowed devil to take hold of him. In this very case, the evil spirit is reported to be directly from God. This seems to be that God himself has evil and holy spirit in his possession. He uses them as he wants. Something like he can choose to be holy or evil...

It is Sunday, Nairaland, Mama Fryo wants to hear your views about this question. Any logical, analytic or detail answer?

Q. In 1 Samuel 16:14, the Bible talks about an evil spirit that came from the Lord. What does that mean?

A. Notice first that because Saul was no longer listening to the Lord (1 Samuel 15:26), God directed the prophet Samuel to anoint David as king in place of Saul. The Bible says that when Samuel poured the horn of holy oil on the young shepherd, “the spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward” (1 Samuel 16:13). Then in verse 14 it says that the Spirit of the Lord left Saul, “and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him.”

Set aside the phrase “from the Lord” for a second and focus instead on the part of the verse that says, “The spirit of the Lord departed from Saul.” That would be the Holy Spirit, right? The Holy Spirit came upon David and left Saul. When God’s Spirit goes out of a person, the devil’s spirit goes in. Jesus said in Matthew 12:30 that “He that is not with me is against me.” Nobody is neutral. Everyone has varying degrees of either God’s Spirit or the spirit of the enemy. To the same extent that we empty ourselves of self, God can fill us with His Spirit.

When the Bible says that “a spirit from the Lord” troubled Saul, it doesn’t mean that God said, “I’ve got a devil I’m going to give to you.” As evidence, look at the story of Job. When the devil came to the Lord and wanted to plague Job, he couldn’t do anything until after God had withdrawn His protection from him. After God withdrew his protection from Job, He said, “He is in thine hand; but save his life,” (Job 2:6). The next verse in the New King James Version goes on to say, “So Satan went out from the presence of the Lor d, and struck Job with painful boils.”

When the Bible says that an evil spirit came from the Lord, it means that God withdrew His protection from Saul after Saul rejected Him. When God withdrew His protection from Saul, these devils were allowed to bring a depression upon him. The Bible says that “God … will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13 NKJV).

This really means that although God will allow you to be tempted, He’s not doing the tempting. James 1:13 (NKJV) says, “Let no one say when he is tempted, ‘I am tempted by God’; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.” God allows temptation to come in order to strengthen our characters, but He doesn’t send it.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/news-and-features/news/item/id/10920/t/does-god-really-send-evil-spirits-

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by MamaFryo(f): 8:53am On Feb 07, 2020
Eviana:

Q. In 1 Samuel 16:14, the Bible talks about an evil spirit that came from the Lord. What does that mean?

A. Notice first that because Saul was no longer listening to the Lord (1 Samuel 15:26), God directed the prophet Samuel to anoint David as king in place of Saul. The Bible says that when Samuel poured the horn of holy oil on the young shepherd, “the spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward” (1 Samuel 16:13). Then in verse 14 it says that the Spirit of the Lord left Saul, “and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him.”

Set aside the phrase “from the Lord” for a second and focus instead on the part of the verse that says, “The spirit of the Lord departed from Saul.” That would be the Holy Spirit, right? The Holy Spirit came upon David and left Saul. When God’s Spirit goes out of a person, the devil’s spirit goes in. Jesus said in Matthew 12:30 that “He that is not with me is against me.” Nobody is neutral. Everyone has varying degrees of either God’s Spirit or the spirit of the enemy. To the same extent that we empty ourselves of self, God can fill us with His Spirit.

When the Bible says that “a spirit from the Lord” troubled Saul, it doesn’t mean that God said, “I’ve got a devil I’m going to give to you.” As evidence, look at the story of Job. When the devil came to the Lord and wanted to plague Job, he couldn’t do anything until after God had withdrawn His protection from him. After God withdrew his protection from Job, He said, “He is in thine hand; but save his life,” (Job 2:6). The next verse in the New King James Version goes on to say, “So Satan went out from the presence of the Lor d, and struck Job with painful boils.”

When the Bible says that an evil spirit came from the Lord, it means that God withdrew His protection from Saul after Saul rejected Him. When God withdrew His protection from Saul, these devils were allowed to bring a depression upon him. The Bible says that “God … will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13 NKJV).

This really means that although God will allow you to be tempted, He’s not doing the tempting. James 1:13 (NKJV) says, “Let no one say when he is tempted, ‘I am tempted by God’; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.” God allows temptation to come in order to strengthen our characters, but He doesn’t send it.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/news-and-features/news/item/id/10920/t/does-god-really-send-evil-spirits-

Why do we have to set the phrase aside. It is clearly written that evil spirit from the Lord. All your explanations would have been valid if what is written was "...and evil spirit came to torment Saul". Why must it come from the Lord? We are meant to know that He is holiness in perfection, no trace of evil in Him, so how can evil spirit come from him? Going by the common Christian sense, God is positive while devil is negative. So, why can positive come from negative? Is there negativity in positivity? grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Jimi24: 10:07am On Feb 07, 2020
There is a legal right Satan had to 'try' Job. The same legal right he had to tempt Jesus ( afterall he loved us so much that he demoted himself to become man just to set us free. He was a man, so fair game).
This legal right is nothing other than God being a God of justice and fairness. Nothing in his creation will make him break his own rules.

Satan has absolutely ZERO power but he has partial knowledge of how to vent Gods power to work against man.

Why does satan hate man so much that he always tries to vent Gods power against man? . He hates us because he was CURSED by God to be that way. He cannot help but hate man.

Man was also cursed to destroy satan.

The judgement in Eden was double judgement for two equally ranked entities.

Man was higher than satan before the sin of disobedience but even after man's fall he was just equal to satan and not below him as some FALSE teachings.
To be 100% under satan, you would be a full blown satan worshipper or irredemeable witch

So all problems come from man's fallen state nature. The so called 'I make light and I form darkness' statement from God is just saying that we have a choice. There is only one creator and cause of everything. We should choose light by being obedient.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
So sad how some Christians has become so lazy to study God's word. It's more sad, to see same not able to convincingly argue his case or explain using the scriptures when beliefs are being questioned. The silliest of all as seen in most response above is "God can decide to do anyhow he likes, he is God". How does this sound to you? Such utterance is a result of very bad training and learning of the scriptures. The scriptures reveals God to us, read and find out. That is the essence of the scriptures.

How will you say in one stand that there is no evil in God, he is loving and in another stead says he can use evil or send evil for whatever reason. It takes a low IQ to utter this and also believe the same.

Some will even results to abusing the fellow who is seeking knowledge to know while forgeting that the reason many come online to ask questions is because their churches have refused or neglected to provide answers or disappointed in explanation.

You can't keep silencing a heart that seek for knowledge. The solution is God's light and it comes only through and through when His word is rightly divided and explained.

Psalms 119:130

" The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple."

Sadly that is hard to see among many Christians even here.

Until we start to be serious with studying hard to know and find out and be able to explain the same, To examine the scriptures and diligently expound and explain, we will only be making a mess of our interpretation of the glorious writings and scriptures delivered unto us.

I truly wonder what was actually been taught in many denominations today that the simplest of all posers will be handled badly and sadly even by believers. May God help us all.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
uzohrome:
Yes the evil spirit is from God. God works with the devil most times as a repercussion for offenders. You know that Jesus Christ is the head of all principality and power. God knew that all power belongs to him and make Christ to take charge over them. I often tell some persons if God did not bind or kill the devil who are you to do so. All you need do is to believe in God and born again in Christ and the devil will depart from you. Devil will always have one on one discussion with God about any situation. If God say yes go ahead then the devil will do a perfect work. Check The story of Job. Devil and God in a round table maybe with some bottle of wine and well garnished fresh fish discussing how to try or deal with Job, I mean very obedient child of God. God give the devil go ahead to try Job. Maybe they end the discussion with a toast laughing and hugging each other. But over here na to kill devil. die die die ... Haba for watin na. Even Jesus still get time to discuss with the devil and they resolve amicably without fighting each other. Jesus for bind and cast the devil immediately to end all this devil issues. For me devil is never our problems, we are the architect of our own misfortune. I think I need go bible school. grin

Can God do evil? Working with evil is evil in itself. Can God do evil. Is there darkness in God? Is Satan an ally if God?

Jesus discussed with devil and resolve amicably? Comic? Or Drama?

Can Jesus do evil? Did he do evil? Can evil be found in him?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 12:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
Inteltower:

you fool, be mindful of what you say about God.
if you don't have understanding stop displaying your pathetic ignorance.
He is God and if he demands Satan in his presence Satan will obey (See the book of job)
didn't he use Israelites enemies from time to time to punish them (Egypt, Rome, etc)
you fool for both evil and good things/beings he can use; Isn't he God ? (See book of revelations about the four horse men)
didn't he send the angel of death to kill every first born male in Egypt ?
didn't he send a lying spirit to an Israelite king who surrounded himself with many prophets
didn't he send the 10 plagues to Egypt
or destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah ?

you ignorant fool am asking you isn't he God ?
if you were a god in his shoes how will you punish mankind for their sinful ways ?

answer this and find the truth
do not attract God's wrath with shallow ignorance that fly out of your mouth

gosh some peoples understanding are really wack and darkened that they snare their souls for condemnation

Lord forgive me I can't stand fools that are not looking for truth but argument like the Pharisees.

What kind of biblical explanation is this? Have you now explained what he asked? Leave abuse aside, explain to him, that God can do evil and use evil, right? He is God and can decided to do evil yet don't want us to do evil? Bro, use scriptures and not sentiments .

6 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 12:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Permit me to take it from here, Just like cold same is darkness....what do I mean? Cold is really not a thing, it’s just an absence of heat....
Likewise Darkness, it’s not an entity, I mean it’s not an energy or force like light, it’s only a void that sort of manifest once light becomes automatically absent...
This automatic presence and absence is governed by the principle of balance in the universe... u don’t prepare for success, u have automatically prepared for failure...u choose not to show love..u think you are sitting in the fence noooo!!! U have automatically subscribed for the hate side...
In relation to Saul, he stepped out of the boundaries of his relationship with the spirit of light, automatically the void is filled by evil or darkness...
Is the darkness from God who the Bible reports to be holy.?? Technically yes!! The Bible said he made all things... yes the Bible also gave other attributes of God, he’s judge the engineer of balance I earlier mentioned...
as an atheist, you want to play God’s card of holiness but you don’t want to play his card of balance....is that not why both Christians and Muslims an atheist alike are subject to same things....the same Bible u quoted also say he’s no respecter of person...he ensures balance, I don’t think he can enforce such balance without his holiness side otherwise he’ll be partial....

However, the unseen factors that guides the execution of balance is what I don’t know as a man....I don’t see all the angles......# my opinion

So, did God create evil, us there evil in the light? Can evil be called all was GOOD?
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2020
Daniel058:
Bros if you go Bible School you go cause more confusion oo grin

Whenever there is a lot of confusion, I usually remember that he has created all things for his own pleasure and this world belong to him alone .. He's always right Bro.
Atheists are Time wasters, I pray Make Dem no run mad thinking about question they will ask people about God . grin

In Igbo, we call him AMAMA-AMASIAMASI

Las Las if anybody no like this world make e go create im own and stop questioning God about how he manage his World .

He has created all things for his pleasure.. grin

Not all of them are time wasters, some seek knowledge to know exactly what and why of your beliefs, you must be bold enough to explain and not drop snippet "God does as he wills". That isn't true. Do you study what you believe, are you convince and be aware to explain from the scriptures? If you can't, it's time for proper and painful and diligent study. We have longer embarrassed the scriptures. It's time to be serious ourselves and provide thorough explanations.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2020
hupernikao:

So, did God create evil, us there evil in the light? Can evil be called all was GOOD?

Did God create evil?? or did God create what u choose to interpret as evil.....
see.. I belive everything in the universe is an instrument to the maker but to us it means different things....
What we call an evil spirit or evil is a instrument of balance or the outcome of balance...however, because the manifestation of the balance or the outcome m in our flesh is what we don’t like, we call it evil and we say God is unjust or God has evil in him.. I don’t see it that way...
.I know u atheists are one one traffic and u see things only how u want to...but the subject of God isn’t in a single context....
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by uzohrome(m): 2:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
hupernikao:

Can God do evil? Working with evil is evil in itself. Can God do evil. Is there darkness in God? Is Satan an ally if God?

Jesus discussed with devil and resolve amicably? Comic? Or Drama?

Can Jesus do evil? Did he do evil? Can evil be found in him?

It seems this topic is beyond you, no one says God is evil. He created all things both good and bad. You choose where to belong also remember God still in control. The satan or devil as we call him is consistently working with good. Read about Job, read about Jesus when he was tempted by the devil after 40 days dry fasting. He would have used the opportunity to bury the devil completely from the surface of the earth. But they discussed and everyone goes separate ways. So if God can not bind or kill the devil who see you to? But through Christ name we can cast out devil because his name is supreme. He is the head of all Principalities and power. He is their boss. So if you have Christ genuinely satan will always give way that does not mean God is not aware of his activities.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2020
uzohrome:

It seems this topic is beyond you, no one says God is evil. He created all things both good and bad. You choose where to belong also remember God still in control. The satan or devil as we call him is consistently working with good. Read about Job, read about Jesus when he was tempted by the devil after 40 days dry fasting. He would have used the opportunity to bury the devil completely from the surface of the earth. But they discussed and everyone goes separate ways. So if God can not bind or kill the devil who see you to? But through Christ name we can cast out devil because his name is supreme. He is the head of all Principalities and power. He is their boss. So if you have Christ genuinely satan will always give way that does not mean God is not aware of his activities.

This is what you said in your first word earlier that i quote

Yes the evil spirit is from God.

And i asked you can God do evil, does he has evil spirit in his presence? You havent answered that. Leave all those explanation above, they didnt answer this. Bear in mind also that you said God created both evil and good (good and bad) but he is not evil. Is that not funny to you? Can you have light and have darkness the same time?

So, i will ask again and i will want you to explain your answer? Does God do evil, has evil, do bad and created bad (evil)?

Lastly. stop using such words like "It seems this topic is beyond you", it is careless when you havent explain anything but claim its beyond understanding. that is stram-man.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Did God create evil?? or did God create what u choose to interpret as evil.....
see.. I belive everything in the universe is an instrument to the maker but to us it means different things....
What we call an evil spirit or evil is a instrument of balance or the outcome of balance...however, because the manifestation of the balance or the outcome m in our flesh is what we don’t like, we call it evil and we say God is unjust or God has evil in him.. I don’t see it that way...
.I know u atheists are one one traffic and u see things only how u want to...but the subject of God isn’t in a single context...

This is extra-biblical, you are a Christian, right. Speak from the bible. Is evil relative to man or God? Does evil has another definition? You must speak from the bible how evil is subjective as you proposed. I am not asking for your own thinking or feeling or how you see it. I am asking for how the bible presented God, evil and other things. Leave your experience outside this, speak the scriptures. How will you believe everything in the world is an instrument of the maker! JESUS!!!!! Earthquakes, plane crash, accidents, children dying? God's instruments? Bro, stop this joke.

Back to the deal, I ask you again! Is evil relative to man or God? Does evil has another definition? That is where you should start from.

Lastly, not everyone who questioned your wrong believe is an atheist. I am not questioning the existence of God, I am a Christian, i am question your own knowledge of God which is contrary to how scriptures presented God to us. You must not give wrong interpretation of God and allow the world to make little/jest of THE FAITH.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by uzohrome(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2020
hupernikao:

This is what you said in your first word earlier that i quote

And i asked you can God do evil, does he has evil spirit in his presence? You havent answered that. Leave all those explanation above, they didnt answer this. Bear in mind also that you said God created both evil and good (good and bad) but he is not evil. Is that not funny to you? Can you have light and have darkness the same time?

So, i will ask again and i will want you to explain your answer? Does God do evil, has evil, do bad and created bad (evil)?

Lastly. stop using such words like "It seems this topic is beyond you", it is careless when you havent explain anything but claim its beyond understanding. that is stram-man.

I did took my time to explain to you, the word it seems is not that you are, but Dont feel bad about it. Well, God made all things also refer to the main post by OP, God send evil spirit to torment saul, it means there are good understand and reasons why God uses the evil situation as a repercussion. So you can see that God himself dey run package with the devil. But like I have said only those in Christ are safe. His name is supreme and every other names bow before Him and God makam so. No vex bro, this thing no be quarrel I just dey office like this, no inventory to enter, I just dey here dey relax. God is the ultimate, he is pleased with all He has created. So let's leave it that way.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2020
uzohrome:

I did took my time to explain to you, the word it seems is not that you are, but Dont feel bad about it. Well, God made all things also refer to the main post by OP, God send evil spirit to torment saul, it means there are good understand and reasons why God uses the evil situation as a repercussion. So you can see that God himself dey run package with the devil. But like I have said only those in Christ are safe. His name is supreme and every other names bow before Him and God makam so. No vex bro, this thing no be quarrel I just dey office like this, no inventory to enter, I just dey here dey relax. God is the ultimate, he is pleased with all He has created. So let's leave it that way.

Bro, God didnt send evil to Saul.
God doesnt use evil, He is not evil, he has no evil around him.
God is all light no darkness in him

James 1:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

James 1:17 Amplified Bible (AMP)
17 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of lights [the Creator and Sustainer of the heavens], in whom there is no variation [no rising or setting] or shadow [a]cast by His turning [for He is perfect and never changes].

God doesnt flunctuate, he doesnt change, he cant do good today and do evil tomorrow.

John 10:10 Amplified Bible (AMP)
10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows].
This is where evil comes from.

James 1:13
Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God” [for temptation does not originate from God, but from our own flaws]; for God cannot be tempted by [what is] evil, and He Himself tempts no one.

This is what called for bible study, when you see evil ascribed to God, then study since you know there is no evil in him. Dont just say he will use evil. Using evil to do good is evil in itself.

Does the scriptures teaches an evil God? No. God that uses evil? No. Nothing will change that.

God is the ultimate, he is pleased with all He has created. So let's leave it that way.

If we leave it that way, we will do more harm to the scriptures by giving wrong interpretation. We must start taking responsibility for our utterances, our words most be guarded and proper as what the scripture teaches. It is better to say i dont know than say things and then closed it.
People are reading, believers, unbelievers etc. we will create more problem if we are acting this way.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
hupernikao:

This is extra-biblical, you are a Christian, right. Speak from the bible. Is evil relative to man or God? Does evil has another definition? You must speak from the bible how evil is subjective as you proposed. I am not asking for your own thinking or feeling or how you see it. I am asking for how the bible presented God, evil and other things. Leave your experience outside this, speak the scriptures. How will you believe everything in the world is an instrument of the maker! JESUS!!!!! Earthquakes, plane crash, accidents, children dying? God's instruments? Bro, stop this joke.

Back to the deal, I ask you again! Is evil relative to man or God? Does evil has another definition? That is where you should start from.

Lastly, not everyone who questioned your wrong believe is an atheist. I am not questioning the existence of God, I am a Christian, i am question your own knowledge of God which is contrary to how scriptures presented God to us. You must not give wrong interpretation of God and allow the world to make little/jest of THE FAITH.

evil is ofcourse relative to man, is that not why we complain and lament to God: That’s what Job did all thru from chap 3 till he apologized in chap 42 ....we don’t see all the variables and all the angles....we don’t see from God’s side...that’s why we see everything as evil....why me, God why allow this, why did u cause that....

Why would God go all the way to allow an innocent kid be thrown in jail, accused of rape before becoming a prime minister......to a carnal man, jail and wrong accusation looks evil to me.... but that was the price Joseph had to pay for his pride when he was young running off to his brothers and even his father b4 that they will bow to him..

just becos I’m objectively analyzing life situation doesn’t mean it’s extra biblical.... I said God is the balance of the universe, ddnt the Bible call him the judge of the earth...Isa 33v22?? Isn’t that the function of a judge??When the the judge of the earth decides to use a particlar means to call his children to order we call it evil..
u are talking earthquakes, ddnt God use a similar natural disaster to wipe of the earth during the time of Noah....ddnt he destroy sodom and gomorah with burning sulphur....ddnt he do same in Egypt when he was to free the Israelites.....he already said he was gonna do it, In genesis 15v13....when he told Abraham his descendants will go into captivity in Egypt but that nation will be punished for the 400yrs which later became 430yrs

of course all disasters aren’t outcomes of balance playing out, I never said so......
..some are just our mistakes, mechanical errors in planes and cars, over speeding, pregnant mothers taking alcohol causing children to come out as imbeciles, drugs causing various outcomes...... but many of this things are cause and effect principles....The sins in the land being a large contributor...Ezekiel 14v14 spoke of how the holiness of a few men cannot save the destruction coming upon a land
See....I saw a place in scripture in Lev 18v18-28 warning the Israelites they should stay away from the sins the original inhabitants of the land they now possess used to commit... for it was the same sin that caused the land to vomit them out....there are mysteries in this world...v25 of that chapter said: Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin

See there’s cause and effect and there’s principle of balance in the universe, that’s why we die in the first place...the wages of sin is death!!!!!!!!
if u need me to show an unambiguous statement in scripture to prove that before u get that, then u have not been listening to ur holyspirit
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
hupernikao:

Bro, God didnt send evil to Saul.
God doesnt use evil, He is not evil, he has no evil around him.
God is all light no darkness in him...

because there’s no darkness or evil in God doesnt mean he won’t execute his function as judge of the earth....sending a tormenting spirit to saul isn’t evil....first get that... Saul stepped outside the boundaries of obedience... the spirit that took over was to punish his flesh unto repentance....
. ddnt the same God send David to his house to make him better by playing music??
stop questioning God’s decision because of what ur human mind think the action is...ddnt the Bible say the spirit is from God.....??

Similarly, ddnt a spirit tell God in 1kings 22v20-22“ I will go and entice the king unto destruction by lying through the king’s prophet...and God said “go” you will succeed...

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 7:28pm On Feb 07, 2020
hupernikao:

What kind of biblical explanation is this? Have you now explained what he asked? Leave abuse aside, explain to him, that God can do evil and use evil, right? He is God and can decided to do evil yet don't want us to do evil? Bro, use scriptures and not sentiments .

seek understanding you won't,
you only read content not context
.please just answer this question

when has God done evil ?
point to the scripture pls u are referring to..

secondly, if you are a god how will you punish ur creation that continuously disobey you ?

let's see if you can use that grey matter on ur head for once

I won't label u names.. but look at urself in the mirror and see the error that clouds ur judgement
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 9:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
Inteltower:

seek understanding you won't,
you only read content not context
.please just answer this question

when has God done evil ?
point to the scripture pls u are referring to..

secondly, if you are a god how will you punish ur creation that continuously disobey you ?

let's see if you can use that grey matter on ur head for once

I won't label u names.. but look at urself in the mirror and see the error that clouds ur judgement

Why are you so unstable in your discussion. Below is what you said earlier which I responded to

He is God and if he demands Satan in his presence Satan will obey (See the book of job)
didn't he use Israelites enemies from time to time to punish them (Egypt, Rome, etc)
you fool for both evil and good things/beings he can use; Isn't he God ? (See book of revelations about the four horse men)

I asked you to explain where you see such in the scripture how God uses evil. My use of words on my response is a game on you. You are the one who said God can use evil as he wills. So explain from the scriptures both in content and in context. Lol. You can't lay a claim and then swiftly change it again. Kindly put out here the explanation of your word that I quoted.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
1StopRudeness:

because there’s no darkness or evil in God doesnt mean he won’t execute his function as judge of the earth....sending a tormenting spirit to saul isn’t evil....first get that... Saul stepped outside the boundaries of obedience... the spirit that took over was to punish his flesh unto repentance....
. ddnt the same God send David to his house to make him better by playing music??
stop questioning God’s decision because of what ur human mind think the action is...ddnt the Bible say the spirit is from God.....??

Similarly, ddnt a spirit tell God in 1kings 22v20-22“ I will go and entice the king unto destruction by lying through the king’s prophet...and God said “go” you will succeed...

You are the one am questioning, don't throw the don't question God card on me. You are the one explaining the scriptures and said God can use evil. So you should explain. God doesn't just do things. His actions are in his words.

Did God send evil to Saul as you assert? If yes, then he is must be using evil. But I told you God is all light, he has never used evil before and will never. He didn't send evil to Saul, there is no evil in him. Don't paint a seemingly unstable God with swindling character.

If God is light, he is. Don't throw God is God as an excuse to mislead that God can chose to do as he wills (including using evil). Christ showed us the father, the very essence of God in his humanity, did you see any evil trait in him? Was Christ offended, abused, persecuted etc, YES
Did he use evil to respond? NO. That is the fathers action all through the ages. He hasn't change from the days of Adam till eternity. He is all good. A good God. Who repays no evil for evil, who gave good even to the ungodly and ungrateful. In his love lies his perfection.

You need to engage yourself in more study and find out what is the source of all evil in the OT. I mean every form of appearance of evil. From Adam's sin, Cain offences, Pharaoh's actions, killing of firstborn till Malachi.

You must always know what God's action is in all these. His actions is to deliver, save, help, long-suffering, provide, support, etc. The one that uses evil from beginning till now is the destroyer, the liar, the thief, the killer. Know how to read and separate God's character. If it's not clear, then it calls for more study not assumptions.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
1StopRudeness:

evil is ofcourse relative to man, is that not why we complain and lament to God: That’s what Job did all thru from chap 3 till he apologized in chap 42 ....we don’t see all the variables and all the angles....we don’t see from God’s side...that’s why we see everything as evil....why me, God why allow this, why did u cause that....

Why would God go all the way to allow an innocent kid be thrown in jail, accused of rape before becoming a prime minister......to a carnal man, jail and wrong accusation looks evil to me.... but that was the price Joseph had to pay for his pride when he was young running off to his brothers and even his father b4 that they will bow to him..

just becos I’m objectively analyzing life situation doesn’t mean it’s extra biblical.... I said God is the balance of the universe, ddnt the Bible call him the judge of the earth...Isa 33v22?? Isn’t that the function of a judge??When the the judge of the earth decides to use a particlar means to call his children to order we call it evil..
u are talking earthquakes, ddnt God use a similar natural disaster to wipe of the earth during the time of Noah....ddnt he destroy sodom and gomorah with burning sulphur....ddnt he do same in Egypt when he was to free the Israelites.....he already said he was gonna do it, In genesis 15v13....when he told Abraham his descendants will go into captivity in Egypt but that nation will be punished for the 400yrs which later became 430yrs

of course all disasters aren’t outcomes of balance playing out, I never said so......
..some are just our mistakes, mechanical errors in planes and cars, over speeding, pregnant mothers taking alcohol causing children to come out as imbeciles, drugs causing various outcomes...... but many of this things are cause and effect principles....The sins in the land being a large contributor...Ezekiel 14v14 spoke of how the holiness of a few men cannot save the destruction coming upon a land
See....I saw a place in scripture in Lev 18v18-28 warning the Israelites they should stay away from the sins the original inhabitants of the land they now possess used to commit... for it was the same sin that caused the land to vomit them out....there are mysteries in this world...v25 of that chapter said: Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin

See there’s cause and effect and there’s principle of balance in the universe, that’s why we die in the first place...the wages of sin is death!!!!!!!!
if u need me to show an unambiguous statement in scripture to prove that before u get that, then u have not been listening to ur holyspirit

I will give you a fundamental fact which you must always use to guide you in explanations of God's character. "In God, you can't find evil. He is all good". No matter how you paint evil, evil is evil. The moment you say God uses it. Then that implies evil. You can't have light and darkness the same time. If God cannot change, then he can't have a varied character. He can't do good today and use evil tomorrow. That is unstable. Until you hold this facts as sacred you will never see the light in all those passages you mentioned above. You won't study further, since you already concluded that it's God doing as he wills, killing, destroying and maiming. But the day you start seeing God as all lights, in whom there is no darkness at all, them you will start questioning your explanation of those verses and seek proper interpretation.

It's sad today, that most churches will not give priority to proper biblical interpretation but rather frivolities of non eternal things. This is the reason many unanswered questions draw men away from true fellowship with God. For example if I ask you now based on your words above "if God can use evil or make evil happen, why will he tell us not to do evil at all"? Your response will surely be, you cannot question God, he is God not man. At most, this is a very lazy, unserious and silly response. That he will do evil and yet punish man who does evil. But praise be to God, we have seen Christ, the true definition of the father. We saw no evil in him. He showed us the father, he brought the father to us in humanity, a loving God, a gracious father. Christ words about God should be your foundation of interpretation of God's character, not Moses, Abraham, Job, Daniel etc. We see the fullness of God explained in Christ.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Nobody: 4:31am On Feb 08, 2020
hupernikao:

Did God send evil to Saul as you assert? If yes, then he is must be using evil. But I told you God is all light, he has never used evil before and will never. He didn't send evil to Saul, there is no evil in him. Don't paint a seemingly unstable God with swindling character.

U keep saying what I ddnt say... u are asking questions and giving urself answer....just like u said above in the bolded.....
In ur previous comment that’s how u also claimed I said God did all the plane crash and accidents....

..I was already clear... God doesn’t do evil mayb we can agree on that. I’m not painting another character of God...u keep saying that...i’ll write a whole bunch of text... then u pick a part and start to turn it upside down.
I only said humans perceive or interpret God’s actions as evil.
Please answer me the questions below
Did he wipe the earth with flood or not??
Did he visit sodom and Gomorrah with burning sulphur or not??
Did he visit the Egyptians with plagues or not??
Did he take his spirit from Saul or not causing an evil spirit to take him over?

My point is who are we to be able to understand God’s actions and motives?? We are so limited...
even Paul spoke about handing over the flesh of the sinner to the devil so that his soul can be saved...1cor 5v5....is this evil?? But when this happens we interpret it as evil...
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Eviana(f): 2:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
MamaFryo:

Why do we have to set the phrase aside. It is clearly written that evil spirit from the Lord. All your explanations would have been valid if what is written was "...and evil spirit came to torment Saul". Why must it come from the Lord? We are meant to know that He is holiness in perfection, no trace of evil in Him, so how can evil spirit come from him? Going by the common Christian sense, God is positive while devil is negative. So, why can positive come from negative? Is there negativity in positivity? grin

I'm truly hoping that you are being sincere.
When I see smiling "emojis", makes me doubt you, to be honest.
I would suggest that you really re-read my 1st reply to you, (this time after having prayed sincerely), then feel free to rephrase your question..if still truly in doubt.
Sometimes re-reading something may give you a clearer understanding.

I say the above with all due respect.
Praying for your understanding....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Judah 1: World’s First Christian Airline Set To Launch / Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine / Female Pastor Gives Ladies Tips On How To Attract A Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.