Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? (20585 Views)

Only A Useless Father Will Create Satan To Torment His Children. / Paul Adefarasin; His Saul Analogy And The Response / Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by elijahkayode(m): 10:47am On Feb 10, 2020
Blakjewelry:

Yes study ancient script you find out that a God's power increase or decrease with the amount energy he gets from worship, sacrifice, fear etc.

foolish boy, u think Jehovah d creator is ur local anaduoga that can't even think, jona survived in a whale, Yeshua walk on water, d blind see, d crippled walk, it's not God power that fails, he's omnipotent, it's sin thats destroying mankind
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 11:55am On Feb 10, 2020
MT:

@hupernikao, I have been following your input into this topic and I must say they have been concise, clear, firm, brilliant and very consistent. You have been able to intelligently establish the fact that "God is all good with no evil in him" . Through your assertion, I have come to accept it and you have been able to prove wrong those trying to weave the argument that "God does as he pleases" or "God has some evils he uses". However, I will want you to draw a conclusion on the issue. The question is about evil spirit FROM God according to the scripture cited by the OP. What will be your take on this?. Will it be that it needs further research ? If yes, who do u think can shed more light on this? If you have a way to explain it, God knows I will be very much interested. I think this topic begs for a brilliant closure. Thank you.

Sir/Ma, Good morning to you.
Appreciate the fact that you call for further research on the scriptures especially those that seems contradicting or not well detailed to give a direct explanation.
The truth is, there is nothing to brag about except Christ, scriptures arent personal they are the word of God and must be allowed to interpret itself using the body of scriptures. The major difference between the one who appear to explain the scripture properly and the one doesnt is just the diligence in reading the scriptures. Most times just by reading the scriptures alone is enough for you to know exactly what the bible says or stand for on a topic. The error of verses and chapters of scriptures has made many to neglect that they are books and must be read wholly not in part to deduce a conclusion. I must say, that the writers of the scriptures are one of the most intelligent being and writers to ever lived if you fully follow and grab their flow of thought, use of words, experience and explanations. The people of their time will fully understand their writings without misquote because they were writing in a language and contain characters they are familiar with.

The problem with us today, is how to handle a book, containing 66 writings from different author who lived at different time spanning 4,000 human years. It is a big hurdle as we must be able to travel back in time back into history, culture, knowledge available and events to have a precise understanding.

But we must know that despite all these challenges that the modern reader will face, there are unchanging facts about and in the scriptures that cant be subject to time or modernization.

Some of the basic unchanging truth (facts) of the scriptures are:
A. The writing is God's inspiration

2 Timothy 3:16
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Peter 1:20-21
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Observe, though the writing is God's inspiration, God is not responsible for all that was said in the scriptures. What this means is that God inspire what must be documented, the writings. He inspired what was writing, the scriptures can be interpreted as (graphe/gramma) in Greek, which have same resemblance, what is written or a collection of what was written. So God inspired the writings. But did God inspired all that was said in the scriptures? That will be an error to believe that. For example, many beings spoke in the scriptures, we cant take God to be responsible for all they said, that will mean we take God to be remote controlling everyone and they we are all robots, and all happening then must be a comic.

1. We saw Satan spoke/acted in the Bible: Genesis 3:4 to Eve, spoke to Jesus, Mark 4 etc
2. Man (human being) spoke/acted in the scriptures (some inspired by God, some directly by devil, some by virtue of their rebellion). For example, Herod killed children in the whole of the city Just to track Jesus, was this inspired by God? No. Saul lied to Samuel (documented), was he inspired by God to lie? No, was it documented in the scriptures to be read/known? Yes. Cain, Absalom, Pharoah, Herod, Saul (before repentance) etc were all documented to have spoken against the Lord, acted against God and was documented, that is God inspired the writer to pen it down for our learning but he isn't the one who inspired such actions.

We can go on and on, but the keep point here is that we have a serious responsibility to divide the scriptures and know words and actions that God inspired and not inspired in the scriptures. Hence, the scriptures are inspired by God but we must not hold God responsible for all that was said in it. WE MUST ALWAYS ASK OURSELVES WHEN dealing with a scripture, WHO INSPIRED THIS ACTIONS? THIS UTTERANCE? THIS EVENTS?. This will be the beginning of knowing exactly what we must hold God accountable for.

I can write a book about Adolf Hitler and myself but that doesnt mean i am the one who inspired all that Adolf Hilter did. Though i may have influence on some of his actions but you must be able to look out for what he did and what i did, not assumed that because i wrote it or inspired someone to write it then i am responsible for all that happened.

B. The Singular Focus (message) of The Scripture is Christ
Many have tried to use the scriptures to explain several things from creation, moral, new world, government, even scientific research. Though this may not be wrong if it can be explained within the writings of the scriptures. But we must not lose forcus of the essence of the scriptures. The scriptures is not a creation book, though it contain creation story, it is not a moral book, though we draw all our moral from it, it is not for supporting or refuting scientific discoveries though we may may take a clue from its explanation as one of the few surviving writings in the history of mankind. BUT, the body of the scriptures showed us the total essence of the writings. I will point you to some

Luke 24

25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Observe the highlighted.
Jesus did a bible study from Moses, all the prophets IN ALL THE SCRIPTURES (Genesis - Malachi), what did he showed them? THINGS CONCERNING HIMSELF. Hence Jesus must have shown what was written about him in Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Psalms, Job, Ezekiel etc. He must have pointed them to all was written about him (his incarnation, death, burial, Resurrection and glorification).

Vs 44

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Same approach, Law of Moses, Prophets, Psalms CONCERNING ME.

So when i read Genesis, i should see God's actions in Christ, hence when i read the story of Genesis, Exodus etc, i must diligently search to see Christ revelation in its explanation. Note verse 45

opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Understand the scriptures here must be taken into context, it will implies understanding all that was written about me because that was all he was showing them.

John 1:45
45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

Moses in the law, and the prophets here will implies all of the scriptures (Genesis - Malachi). They wrote about him. Hence a true understanding of Moses writings, stories must be interpreted in the light of Christ. You must see God's actions in Christ in all the writings.

2 Timothy 3:15
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Holy scriptures here implies (Genesis - Malachi), NT wasnt writing then. But Paul said that this OT writings make wise, giving salvation, In who? Faith in Christ. Hence by virtue of knowing the OT Christ salvation must be fully revealed. In Acts Philip preached Christ from Isaiah 53. without any NT writings. It will be lazy to see God's actions in OT different from NT. We nust read.

1 Peter 1:9-11
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching [/b]what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it [b]testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

The prophets were searching diligently, one word in Greek: a very strong word in Greek text (exeraunaō) used once in the whole NT. it measn search anxiously, through the idea of inquiry, to investigate thoroughly. What were they investigating? the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow., remember Jesus' explanation in Luke 24:26,44

Revelation 19:10
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

NIV: For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”
That is the spirit of all prophecies, this will implies the writings of the prophets. It says it is to testify about Jesus. No other message. When the spirit inspired the prophets its to speak concerning Jesus.
Note that these same prophets living in their time must also relate with people and the spirit of God never indwell them. That means there will be times when they gave their opinion and judgement on issues without having to be inspired or led. But when led, inspired, their actions and utterance will be to reveal Christ. To speak of Christ in God's actions in OT.

Having said this. I must therefore seek to explain Christ, see Christ in Gods' actions and inspiration of the prophets in the OT. I will not ascribed all said to God or Christ, i must seek to know the inspiration of God in utterance. Let me give you one example.

Prophet Isaiah:
Observe when ever he speaks of judgement to israel, he seperated himslef from them, he will use words like, you all, you all must return to God etc. But when he wants to apeak ahead about Christ he will say "WE" including him.

Isaiah 53
53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?
2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Observe all his language here, We, we, we not you Israel. Do you wonder that even in all he has said and condemned the people earlier, he counted himself as part of the lost when inspiration about Christ comes. Imagine Isaiah saying All we like sheep have gone astray That includes him. That includes the whole humanity. So, seeing Christ in prophet utterance will give light to know what was inspired by God through them and what was said by them as a person.

The Prophets were humans like you and i, have feelings, sentiments, low time, high time, also can speak under God's inspiration and can speak by their own knowledge. So, we must be able to know when each prophets was actually speaking by inspiration and also by his common knowledge. The issue is, many take the words of the prophets all they say and said God inspired it, we will see this later as i proceed.

C. A scripture (verse/paragraph/book) cannot mean today, what it never meant when it was written. In another word, the spirit wont inspired a different meaning today from what was the intent of the inspiration behind the writing. Many today feel bible study is about personal revelation. This has been the foundation of many heresies we see today. A man will wake up and say this is what the spirit revealed to me about the scriptures, when you check you will discover it absolutely contradict the scriptures itself. Some will say, cant the spirit reveal another thing from what was revealed to the writer. This are examples of laziness and unfaithfulness to the integrity of God's word. Many feel when you say the spirit will reveal the scriptures to you will mean he can just tell you even what the author couldnt see. If this truly hold, then we can say the scriptures isnt final authority and we can still have change some of those things there as more revelation are given. But that is a lie. The revelation of the scriptures is closed. All that God wanted to say to man are already documented.

What then is the place of the spirit in Bible study/ The spirit is to reveal to us the intent of the writer when he was inspired to write it down. The very essence of things which the Holyghost revealed to the writers many years ago is to be revealed to us by the same spirit. That is what we call revelation. Revelation is not getting a strange interpretation or varying interpretation. Revelation is knowing the mind of God and what he wanted to communicate to the author as at the writing. Hence the spirit cant reveal two separate contradictory explanation of the scriptures. What will be reveal to me when i read Paul's letter must be what the spirit reveals to him when he wrote it not any strange interpretation. That is how to preserve the divinity, integrity and honesty of interpretation of the scriptures. Else some one oneday will come with strange addition to the bible and claim the holy ghost. It is happening today though.

For example: In Luke 6,
37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

Jesus was preaching love, judgment, mercy but how people see money or can preach money from this this age is still one of the strange Revelation we cant phantom.
Just at the sight of GIVE, we turn it to giving things, give here must be define in its context, read from verse one down. So we must interpret this in this context and not change the meaning of a verse to suit what we want thereby contradicting the whole context.

Does the scriptures preach giving, Yes, must believers give, Yes, and give very well. But should i manipulate the scripture to say what i want and what it doesnt say in a verse? No, But many today will tell you cant the holy ghost show me another insight? grin grin The Holyghost insight wont change God's written word and its context. He is the one who inspired it and wont give you a different meaning from the author.

See the above is so important that if we are not careful many will lose their reliability on God's word and seek other things. This is one of the reasons many claim to have unanswered questions and drift towards atheism. For example when the bible says, all things are yours: can i then go ahead and claim my neighbors children, wife, care etc? That will be out of context. ALL THINGS, THESE THINGS, THINGS etc are always define in the body of the writings which we must not neglect and bring our own meanings. Most times you must see it as (all these things), then check from the pre-text what are those things without claiming things outside the context.

NAIRALAND showed TEXT TOO LONG SO I DIVIDE THIS FIRST PART INTO TWO. See Below.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 11:56am On Feb 10, 2020
[quote author=hupernikao post=86530527]

Continuation, See above for the first part

D. The Old Testament Are Mysteries (encoded writings/actions) and the New Testament are discoveries (revelation) from the Old
When handling issue of OT and NT many have had to come up with different ideas, like God of old is very hard, in NT he is a gracious God. Some even say, we are no longer under OT, should we discard it? While some will treat OT as literal as possible without observing how the scriptures itself explain OT.

Firstly, note that any where you see the word SCRIPTURES in the, it refers to the OT as the NT was yet to be written as at them. Hence when obverse the following scriptures

- Luke 24: 26. 44 all the scriptures
- 2 Tim 2:15,16 Holy scriptures, All scriptures

Keep thing you should know is that the Old Testament scriptures (Genesis- Malachi) were referred to by Apostle Paul as “mystery

“Mystery”- translated from the Greek word “musterion” Musterion: simply means to be explained, i.e. it needs explanation. This was used 28 times in New Testament Greek, 3 times in the accounts of Matthew, Mark and Luke. 20 times by Apostle Paul.

Mystery was used by Jesus
Matthew 13:11
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Luke 8:10
10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

He used it to talk about his own teaching Ministry Mark 4:11-12
11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

He calls parables mysteries,
The way the King James renders vs 12, makes it look like God uses parables so that they may not see. But “they may” is actually a continuous tense. This means that in parables one will be looking at it but you can’t perceive it.

He quotes from Isaiah 6:9
And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

But from vs 13-20, Jesus explains the parable to his disciples. Reading all the 3 account lets us see the parable of the sower was about salvation: Luke 8:10-15.

Matthew 13:34-35
Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world

He quotes from psalm 78:2-4
2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:
3 Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.
4 We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.

From the foundation of the world –from time began. “foundation” translated from the Greek word “katabole” - conception. Hid/ hidden/kept secret- means concealed.

Paul put it like this in Romans 16:25- was kept secret since the world began.
Ephesians 3:9- from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God
Colossians 1:26- the mystery was hid from ages and from generation

This is the classification of the Old Testament books, Things were concealed from Genesis to malachi.

“Utter’ translated from the Greek word “ereugomai”- to pour forth words. It’s a continuous speaking. Dark sayings- riddles, a sentence that doesn’t contain its meaning, for difficult questions.

Other uses:

Numbers 12:7-8
7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

Judges 14:12-13
12-And Samson said unto them, I will now put forth a riddle unto you: if ye can certainly declare it me within the seven days of the feast, and find it out, then I will give you thirty sheets and thirty change of garments:
13-But if ye cannot declare it me, then shall ye give me thirty sheets and thirty change of garments. And they said unto him, Put forth thy riddle, that we may hear it.

1 kings 10:1
1- And when the queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon concerning the name of the LORD, she came to prove him with hard questions

Proverbs 1:6
6- To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings

The riddles were not the characters speaking rather the message they bore and the functions of there office. Dark sayings have obscurity, the audience will hear it, see it but the audience won’t understand it. Utter dark sayings of old. This implies the continuous speaking of the Old Testament, were dark sayings

“Musterion” has a background word “mueo”- to initiate or instruct. To initiate into a knowledge, So when “musterion” is used, it simply means: “it needs to be explained”. Apostle Paul used the word “mystery” for the Old Testament Scriptures

Romans 16:25-26
25-Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26-But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

1 Cor 2:7-13
7-But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8-Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9-But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10-But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11-For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12-Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13-Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Ephesians 1:9
9- Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself

Ephesians 3:9
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Col 1:26
26-Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made
manifest to his saints:

Col 2:2
2-That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of
the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

The word mystery is accompanied with “made known, made manifest”. So He is referring to the Old Testament portion of the Bible. The writings of the Apostles makes available the information hidden in the Old Testament Scriptures. Anytime Apostle Paul goes to teach or preach, he quotes from the Old Testament Scriptures. So he is not making known his writings rather his writings make known the mysteries of the Old Testament scriptures So the explanations of the Old Testament are the things he/they (other authors) wrote which we see in NT now.

Lastly on this session, I conclude with Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Amplified Version:
1 God, having spoken to the fathers long ago in [the voices and writings of] the prophets in many separate revelations [each of which set forth a portion of the truth], and in many ways, 2 has in these last days spoken [with finality] to us in [the person of One who is by His character and nature] His Son [namely Jesus],

We can conclude that the writings of the Old Testament (we call the writings of the prophets) are divers manners, one cannot have truth revealed in any because there are portions of the truth. Portion here and there, dark sayings, obscured impressions. Until it’s brought together in the light of Christ, then everything will make sense.

Hebrews 1:1, is talking about writings, it’s in the writings that He spoke the Fathers.

Vs 2- in this last days “spoken in His son.
But the Son didn’t write any book. So it refers to the epistles. The emphasis of the prophets in the Old Testament was what they said and not the miracles they did. The word “prophet” in the Hebrew is the word “nabi”- a spokes person, Someone who speaks on behalf of another. The strength of a prophet’s ministry is in what he says. So the prophets of the Old Testament where primarily preachers. They were called seers because their message was about the future events. Such future message must testify about Christ, reveal God's work for humanity in Christ.

Hence, in interpreting the question(s) raised in this post we must not loose focus of this. We must remove our sentiments, bias, doctrinal error and allow the scriptures to interpret itself in revealing the events in question.

N.B.
I haven't attend to the question as a proper foundation has to be laid ahead so that the anyone reading will understand the flow of thoughts and how we will arrive at explaining the events. But this will require patience and openness to read all then query it if needed. But that must be after reading all as i know it is and will be a long read and only those who truly want to study the Bible will remain in this discussion at last.

I will continue on this later.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 11:59am On Feb 10, 2020
Otunba2004:
you are not a good teacher, you flawed with your teaching nobody even understand angle of your argument it seems you knew what we don't know,keep it up bro.

I am not even a teacher at all Sir, it is still your assumption. I am just a Christian.
Thank you.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by showafrica(m): 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Permit me to take it from here, Just like cold same is darkness....what do I mean? Cold is really not a thing, it’s just an absence of heat....
Likewise Darkness, it’s not an entity, I mean it’s not an energy or force like light, it’s only a void that sort of manifest once light becomes automatically absent...
This automatic presence and absence is governed by the principle of balance in the universe... u don’t prepare for success, u have automatically prepared for failure...u choose not to show love..u think you are sitting in the fence noooo!!! U have automatically subscribed for the hate side...
In relation to Saul, he stepped out of the boundaries of his relationship with the spirit of light, automatically the void is filled by evil or darkness...
Is the darkness from God who the Bible reports to be holy.?? Technically yes!! The Bible said he made all things... yes the Bible also gave other attributes of God, he’s judge the engineer of balance I earlier mentioned...
as an atheist, you want to play God’s card of holiness but you don’t want to play his card of balance....is that not why both Christians and Muslims an atheist alike are subject to same things....the same Bible u quoted also say he’s no respecter of person...he ensures balance, I don’t think he can enforce such balance without his holiness side otherwise he’ll be partial....

However, the unseen factors that guides the execution of balance is what I don’t know as a man....I don’t see all the angles......# my opinion

You get sense ooo, I have been trying to relate this issue of balance but your statement is clearer. This is what Christian should understand that Gods holiness is a force but evil is dormant. Example, darkness is there already just that light came and it dissappeared. Remove the light again, darkness takes position. Every thing on earth was dead already before life came to them, remove the life, they go back to dead position. This makes me think earth is evil already before Godliness/holiness.. Back off from God, you are automatically an evil man.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2020
showafrica:

You get sense ooo, I have been trying to relate this issue of balance but your statement is clearer. This is what Christian should understand that Gods holiness is a force but evil is dormant. Example, darkness is there already just that light came and it dissappeared. Remove the light again, darkness takes position. Every thing on earth was dead already before life came to them, remove the life, they go back to dead position. This makes me think earth is evil already before Godliness/holiness.. Back off from God, you are automatically an evil man.

Na God get sense ooo....I’m glad someone gets it the way I’m seeing it..

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by tollyboy5(m): 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2020
1StopRudeness:

damn free will?? We are all acting a script?? You are more weird than an the average atheist....

No one is forced to do anything, yes there’s are influencing forces all around us in the universe, from the wind to water, to heat, to force of love hatred, to the tv, the internet, the radio, even other humans are all everyday influencers...but an influence is only a thought in the mind... u still have the right to say no or yes..
a 15year old boy that killed a 9year old in Scotland in 2019 after raping her said he was influenced by pornographic content...but he still had his free will...we only become the thoughts we entertain and succumb to....

in quantum physics many strange things about the universe is uncovered. have you heard of Schroedinger's cat? free will is an argument in modern science , so what are you saying ?
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by tollyboy5(m): 3:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
MamaFryo:

If you know you know. If only you can choose to free your mind to learn deep, one day you will realise that since we were not made to choose our family, our place and date of birth, our natural gender, our race...something somewhere controls all these. So when you were born and you now start thinking about how you got here, you start thinking you are in control. There was a writer who first chose you and assigned you to play the role you play. Whatever choice you make is as a result of what you are meant to do. This explains why there will always be criminals, terrorists, witchcraft, lunatics, gentlemen, poor, rich, kind and wicked people on this stage called earth. Someone has to play the role to keep the play on. Any society without all these characters does not exist in reality...na fiction.

What do I even know se f?
don't mind that guy. I use my left hand and left leg. I never planed to be lefty. I'm very slow naturally and when I'm been forced to act fast in my childhood I see it as frustration. because I don't understand why I have to be fast in doing things.
Mad man is not controlling eimsef and abnormal children wish to b normal b4 accepting their fate. just imagine if the world were 90% lefty ithen right handedness would be seen as bad. my nature has made me also study many things deeply and I see the universe as different from what we thought.
people think they have free will because their characters are common but when they see strange character they label it as evil spirits or abnormal

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by tollyboy5(m): 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2020
Inteltower:

there can be costly jokes

Don't provoke God's spirit; repent and seek understanding

no be me you fear na the Holy Spirit lol
I thank God say u sabi Wetin him fit do you
you don't have sense you're very stupid. if you have the power to do and undo command my death between 48 hours 1d1ot. who are you threatening here? If I'm not dead by that tym then you must be really sick and know nothing
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by tollyboy5(m): 4:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
1StopRudeness:

U keep saying what I ddnt say... u are asking questions and giving urself answer....just like u said above in the bolded.....
In ur previous comment that’s how u also claimed I said God did all the plane crash and accidents....

..I was already clear... God doesn’t do evil mayb we can agree on that. I’m not painting another character of God...u keep saying that...i’ll write a whole bunch of text... then u pick a part and start to turn it upside down.
I only said humans perceive or interpret God’s actions as evil.
Please answer me the questions below
Did he wipe the earth with flood or not??
Did he visit sodom and Gomorrah with burning sulphur or not??
Did he visit the Egyptians with plagues or not??
Did he take his spirit from Saul or not causing an evil spirit to take him over?

My point is who are we to be able to understand God’s actions and motives?? We are so limited...
even Paul spoke about handing over the flesh of the sinner to the devil so that his soul can be saved...1cor 5v5....is this evil?? But when this happens we interpret it as evil...

na only you understand Bible here good job.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 10, 2020
tollyboy5:

in quantum physics many strange things about the universe is uncovered. have you heard of Schroedinger's cat? free will is an argument in modern science , so what are you saying ?

What’s da heck are u saying....??

U sound like u are trying to show off some knowledge without really sayin anything...u said free will is an argument in mordern science...,okay....everything is actually an argument in mordern science. u ddnt even expand on what the argument is in relation to my comment on freewill so I can get ur point...so I don’t even know what u are saying.....
Then all of a sudden, u came up with Schrödinger’s cat....!!!!!!! As in?? What da fvck has schrodinger cat got to do with this very context of discussion of free will.....maybe u should enlighten me cos schrodinger was only illustrating the observer’s view of a matter in a box... saying since the observer can’t yet see what happened in the box, the cat in the box is dead and alive at the same time which isn’t possible in reality....
I don’t get how U are relating that the actions of a 16year old inspired by pornographyy to go rape a 9year old child and then kill her to cover it up in my earlier comment on the discussion of free will
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Blakjewelry(m): 7:52pm On Feb 13, 2020
elijahkayode:

foolish boy, u think Jehovah d creator is ur local anaduoga that can't even think, jona survived in a whale, Yeshua walk on water, d blind see, d crippled walk, it's not God power that fails, he's omnipotent, it's sin thats destroying mankind
Yes I it's the same Jehovah I am talking about. Before it was told that he created the world, there were older cultures like the Egyptians and the Mesopotamians who had their own creation stories by their gods. Back then your Jehovah or rather yahweh was a small time and relatively unknown god. Read your history you will discover he was worship by few tribes and cannot be class among the major or reigning the God then. When ra was reigning supreme in Egypt for thousands of years years yawheh was unknown.

All what you think you found miraculous in the can be found in other religions because they are all some how based on other people's traditions
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Blakjewelry(m): 8:04pm On Feb 13, 2020
paparazi1:
Abeg you in the name of God, don't say what you are not sure of, else you
attract the wrath of God. You don't even know what might be added or subtracted from your life Deut 4:2, Rev 22:18
what you are claiming here is not true, is either you don't understand what you read or is base on some forms of
fake occult nonsensical beliefs or teachings which should not be considered at all.
LOL I don't worry about something adding or subtracting from my life because I know living everyday is more like a game of probability. Everything action you take everyday had the ability to kill you. Whether we live or die is somehow connected to how actions or actions of others.

Also what you called occultic books you mentioned are other people religion and belief system. Even the Christianity and Islam you practice today is based on ancient Jewish of which if you see the tales of some of the numerous books of which the Bible is lifted from will shock you
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by elijahkayode(m): 8:29pm On Feb 13, 2020
Blakjewelry:

Yes I it's the same Jehovah I am talking about. Before it was told that he created the world, there were older cultures like the Egyptians and the Mesopotamians who had their own creation stories by their gods. Back then your Jehovah or rather yahweh was a small time and relatively unknown god. Read your history you will discover he was worship by few tribes and cannot be class among the major or reigning the God then. When ra was reigning supreme in Egypt for thousands of years years yawheh was unknown.
tell ur mini god to explain 2 u y God brought his people from Canaan to egypt

All what you think you found miraculous in the can be found in other religions because they are all some how based on other people's traditions

at this stage u might as well believe man evolve from apes and d big bang,

Read Exodus bro And learn what happened to your stupid ra, the egyptians along with their stubborn pharaoh

Exodus 5:2
Pharaoh asked, “Who is the Lord ? Why should I obey him and let Israel go? I don’t know the Lord , and I won’t let Israel go.”

Exodus 12:12
“On that same night I will go throughout Egypt and kill every firstborn male, both human and animal. I will severely punish all the gods of Egypt, ⌊because⌋ I am Jehovah

even if it's one person worshipping Jehovah in this upside down world, I will be that person, any other god/spirit u know will betray u cause they don't have love&peace only wrath
I love ur inquiring mind bro but make peace with Jesus/Yeshua d Messiah so u can go deeper without any principalities choking u with lies
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2020
elijahkayode:

at this stage u might as well believe man evolve from apes and d big bang,

Read Exodus bro And learn what happened to your stupid ra, the egyptians along with their stubborn pharaoh

Exodus 5:2
Pharaoh asked, “Who is the Lord ? Why should I obey him and let Israel go? I don’t know the Lord , and I won’t let Israel go.”

Exodus 12:12
“On that same night I will go throughout Egypt and kill every firstborn male, both human and animal. I will severely punish all the gods of Egypt, ⌊because⌋ I am Jehovah

even if it's one person worshipping Jehovah in this upside down world, I will be that person, any other god/spirit u know will betray u cause they don't have love&peace only wrath
I love ur inquiring mind bro but make peace with Jesus/Yeshua d Messiah so u can go deeper without any principalities choking u with lies

LOL funny you where did you get the info that man originate from ape?
It's hard for you to believe in the big bang theory which suggests such event might leave a trace if it did happen, and such trace was actually found in the name of the cosmic background radiation, but it is easier for you to believe yahweh just pop up from no where with no evidence to support your claim.

Please can kindly mention the Pharoah it happened to?
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
The Big Bang theory is great at the start and much of the systematic breakdowns, yet the theory veers of on different tangents, depending on what branch you subscribe.

Both tangents are false and unverifiable.

1a) Humans evolved from apes ❌
ℹunverifiable.

1b) Humans evolved from the aquatics ❌
ℹunverifiable.

Conclusion, the 'Big Bang' theory is a respected and appreciated intellectual construct up to the point whereby humanity begins.

This isnt a knock on the 'Big Bang' theory, rather a reality check.

Here is where African history takes over.

Approximately 50% of human history occurs in the region of the world they call Africa.

According to the "Out of Africa" theory, the true chronology of human history has it that everyone starts in Africa and later migrate to all the four corners of the globe.

Americas - Out of Africa
Asia - Out of Africa
Australasia - Out of Africa
Europe - Out of Africa
Polar regions - Out of Africa

Yes this may sounds repetitive, but it's necessary to get this point across, let's snap out of these foreign extremist ideologies.

The true and proper narrative on African history are the ones determined by the African, and as such, all other narratives are false and invalid.

For instance, Africans invented all the better things in life.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2020
Bin all the mumbojumbo of the Hellenistic concepts of the Abrahamic religions and concentrate our focus on reality, real history.

All the Abrahamic religious text are false, fake and counterintuitive.

Contrary to the false assertions of the Abrahamic texts, Art, Architecture, Commerce, Mathematics, Physical Sciencessic; these are all our parents conceptions.

Amujale:
Out of these influential characters, who means more to you in the world of today, and why? https://www.nairaland.com/5674944/marcus-garvey-malcom-x-jesus#86465549
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 7:56pm On Feb 14, 2020
Saul is a fictional character invented by first century Romans, there isnt one character or storyline in all of the Abrahamic religious text that can lay claim to being original.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by MamaFryo(f): 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
tollyboy5:

don't mind that guy. I use my left hand and left leg. I never planed to be lefty. I'm very slow naturally and when I'm been forced to act fast in my childhood I see it as frustration. because I don't understand why I have to be fast in doing things.
Mad man is not controlling eimsef and abnormal children wish to b normal b4 accepting their fate. just imagine if the world were 90% lefty ithen right handedness would be seen as bad. my nature has made me also study many things deeply and I see the universe as different from what we thought.
people think they have free will because their characters are common but when they see strange character they la4bel it as evil spirits or abnormal

Deeeeeeep! You have spoken well. The controversy of predestination and free will had been one of the hot topics in Philosophy since the days of Socrates and Aristotle...only the wise will understand. We are controlled...don't ask me how.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by MamaFryo(f): 8:10am On Feb 04
Amujale:
Saul is a fictional character invented by first century Romans, there isnt one character or storyline in all of the Abrahamic religious text that can lay claim to being original.

Are you for real? Come on!
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by MamaFryo(f): 5:44pm On Feb 04
tollyboy5:

you don't have sense you're very stupid. if you have the power to do and undo command my death between 48 hours 1d1ot. who are you threatening here? If I'm not dead by that tym then you must be really sick and know nothing

This is getting to serious. Command your death ke? Lori kini?
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by MamaFryo(f): 5:44pm On Feb 04
tollyboy5:

This is getting too serious. Command your death ke? Lori kini?
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by tollyboy5(m): 6:33pm On Feb 04
MamaFryo:

This is getting too serious. Command your death ke? Lori kini?
2020 thread grin

We Don too fight 4 dis site. How have you been?
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by DanielJones: 6:39pm On Feb 04
tollyboy5:

2020 thread grin

We Don too fight 4 dis site. How have you been?

I am good. Na from 2020 you don start your own "No gree for anybody", no be today grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Matrix137(m): 6:30am On Feb 05
Interesting
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Feb 05
MamaFryo:
Question: "Why did God send an evil spirit to torment King Saul?"
First Samuel 16:14 says, “The Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.” This is also mentioned in 1 Samuel 16:15–16, 23; 18:10; and 19:9. Why did God let an evil spirit torment Saul? In what way was the evil spirit “from” the Lord?
■ We all know that God is holy, I always wonder what relationship that light has with darkness. How could an embodiment of holiness have evil in possession.
■ Please note that this case is different from that of Job where God allowed devil to take hold of him. In this very case, the evil spirit is reported to be directly from God. This seems to be that God himself has evil and holy spirit in his possession. He uses them as he wants. Something like he can choose to be holy or evil...It is Sunday, Nairaland, Mama Fryo wants to hear your views about this question. Any logical, analytic or detail answer?
1. All Spirits, whether you consider them good or evil, exist under the control of the Almighty. Saul did that which was evil in the land that belonged to God and so was cursed by God — Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - the end. It is for that reason the Spirit of the Lord(blessings of God) is said to have abandoned Him and evil spirits(curses of God) came upon him instead. undecided

2. God's Holiness does not in any way imply that He is incapable of using even Evil to accomplish His Will. God created and rules over Evil; He uses it to accomplish His Will over the world of men. As far as the children of Israel undecided

3. When God chose Israel, He made it abundantly clear to them that He would be responsible for all hardship, all blessings, curses and punishments that come their way as they live exist as subjects under His Law. That in turn means that the only power over them is God and God alone. Not Satan or his meanings — demons or evil spirits — can proceed against anyone of His own without God's say so.
18 Then Balaam said this: “Stand up, Balak, and listen to me. Hear me, Balak son of Zippor.
19 God is not a man; he will not lie. God is not a human being; his decisions will not change. If he says he will do something, then he will do it. If he makes a promise, then he will do what he promised.
20 He told me to bless them. He blessed them, so I cannot change that.
21 God saw no wrong in Jacob’s people. He saw no sin in the Israelites. The Lord is their God, and he is with them. The Great King is with them!
22 God brought them out of Egypt. They are as strong as a wild ox.
23 There is no power that can defeat the people of Jacob. There is no magic that can stop the Israelites. People will say this about Jacob and the Israelites: ‘Look at the great things God did!’
24 The people are as strong as lions, and they fight like lions. And a lion will not rest until it eats what it has caught, until it drinks the blood of what it has killed.” - Numbers 23 vs 18 - 24
So in much the same way that God permitted Satan— who seems to serve as God's quality control administrator— to ravage Job, a righteous man, so also God permitted evil spirits to ravage unrighteous Saul, king of Isreal, as punishment for his sins against God. God is the one responsible for it all. undecided
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 7:26pm On Feb 08
MamaFryo:

Are you for real? Come on!

Come on?

This was meant to be the opportunity for your type to attempt at substanting the false narratives you continue to perpetuate?

My thing is, assuming it's nonsensical gibberish that you're aiming to respond with, then save it as I've no interest in veering off on tangents.

The Saul chatacter is a fictional one, assuming you have proof to the contrary kindly provide them here or accept the facts as stated and make the necessary amends to your viewpoint going forward.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra Massacre: The Day Integrity Finally Left Nigeria - By Osayimwen Osahon / Anambra Governorship Election: Anglican Church Releases Public Announcement / Pope John Paul II 100th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.