Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? (20565 Views)

Only A Useless Father Will Create Satan To Torment His Children. / Paul Adefarasin; His Saul Analogy And The Response / Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by jangirova: 3:04pm On Feb 09, 2020
Because Saul allowed bitterness took over him. A bitter person is a candidate for all manner of evil.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by LeeSantos(m): 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

you fool, be mindful of what you say about God.
if you don't have understanding stop displaying your pathetic ignorance.
He is God and if he demands Satan in his presence Satan will obey (See the book of job)
didn't he use Israelites enemies from time to time to punish them (Egypt, Rome, etc)
you fool for both evil and good things/beings he can use; Isn't he God ? (See book of revelations about the four horse men)
didn't he send the angel of death to kill every first born male in Egypt ?
didn't he send a lying spirit to an Israelite king who surrounded himself with many prophets
didn't he send the 10 plagues to Egypt
or destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah ?

you ignorant fool am asking you isn't he God ?
if you were a god in his shoes how will you punish mankind for their sinful ways ?

answer this and find the truth
do not attract God's wrath with shallow ignorance that fly out of your mouth

gosh some peoples understanding are really wack and darkened that they snare their souls for condemnation

Lord forgive me I can't stand fools that are not looking for truth but argument like the Pharisees.

I wished you could record what you wrote and play it to your ears, just to hear how meaningless your answer is.
There is absolutely nothing to pick from your writings. Reading it was a disturbance to one's brain.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Otunba2004(m): 3:06pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

first u aren't God to say am not one of his
secondly I acknowledge that I can flare up when I see people talking/assuming/preaching falsely against God but It shows am a son & disciple that loves his father and will speak up when it matters when gently or angrily
lastly I will say to my self I did what I have to do in that manner against the dogs that won't value the pearl. rather than beg/pacify their ego knowing that might not listen I delivered the message as a sword right to the accuser's heart.
don't think in preaching the gospel u will always use the gentle way. there must be balance.
if u call me arrogant by the manner I reproached them attacking God, what says u when my master drove out those that were selling in the temple ?

at least am doing something regarding the kingdom; what are you doing ?
believe me bro.you can never fight on behalf of God does that hell is your home,do you believe that?if you don't then you didn't believe in scripture

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
Nicedavo:

Do you have to call someone a fool several times in order to make your points? And you're sounding so sure u have the knowledge of the bible yet ignorant urself.

OP is confused and wanted a clarification and not a fool as you tagged him.

Please correct with love.

please read the intention of the op
its like when someone behaves like a homosexual I should not label him such in order to please who really ?. you or God ?.

if someone behaves like something bad you label them that. there countless references in the Bible; even Christ did so..

there is a difference btwn Cursing & Labelling
if a person steals and u call him a thief; is it cursing to you ?..

when people are in the wrong u chasten them for that behavior, u don't soothe their ego or color what's wrong with leniency.

this is the reason why in the world the redundancy & always using gentle methods lead people seeing good as evil and that which is bad as good

answer this was Christ always gentle in his words especially when chastening ?
in preaching the gospel there must be balance.
not every soul will be won by gentle messages
take that to the bank
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by k2money(m): 3:15pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

you couldn't even counter the truth I threw back at ur face. but looking for ways to avoid it..u couldn't even answer my simple question

by ur stupid write up answer me this. are you wise or foolish ?

because I simply Called a person behaving like a fool a fool. and am justified by it
This your rant portraits you of whom you are, is your kind that turn Boko Haram trying tó defend their imaginary god
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by k2money(m): 3:17pm On Feb 09, 2020
MamaFryo:

If you know you know. If only you can choose to free your mind to learn deep, one day you will realise that since we were not made to choose our family, our place and date of birth, our natural gender, our race...something somewhere controls all these. So when you were born and you now start thinking about how you got here, you start thinking you are in control. There was a writer who first chose you and assigned you to play the role you play. Whatever choice you make is as a result of what you are meant to do. This explains why there will always be criminals, terrorists, witchcraft, lunatics, gentlemen, poor, rich, kind and wicked people on this stage called earth. Someone has to play the role to keep the play on. Any society without all these characters does not exist in reality...na fiction.

What do I even know se f?
Don't mind them mama Friday, their pastor have eaten their brain � off. Or they might even be pastor trying to protect their way of income.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
Kenneth10110:

You don't need to call him a fool for you have also sinned and our God never insulted us because if he does where will his grace abide in us. We we're thought not to insult others

gosh what kind of people am I talking to here.

so when someone acts like a fool and I label him as a fool he displayed. its now called an insult.. heavenly father, master Jesus I now understand what u experienced trying to teach people.

I will only try my best
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
MasterRahl:
Why must you call her a fool? Someone reads a passage of the Bible and doesn't understand. She comes online to seek answers and you respond by calling her a fool?

please don't assume and find out the intention of Post by the op
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
BearHugss:
You're the fool here.

am glad u made no sense
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
k2money:

This your rant portraits you of whom you are, is your kind that turn Boko Haram trying tó defend their imaginary god

am glad you made no sense
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by k2money(m): 3:26pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

and who are you sir ?
do you know that I can by the spirit inflict you with a deadly disease ?

because I know the only one I fear
you don't know me and my conscience is clear if you dare me you will see.
don't forget the power of the Holy spirit you accuser of God
Shut your face scammer which holy spirit you get? Thief that's how they will be going around deceiving people of the spirit in them. That your spirit that can not do good thing but to inflict people with deadly disease. That disease kill you there.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by k2money(m): 3:27pm On Feb 09, 2020
MamaFryo:

Deadly disease ke? Ki la gbe kile ju? Han Han what happen na? Somebody cannot play with You? On the other hand, I am ma not sir grin
Don't fear him he's one of the scammer using holy spirit to scam people.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
Otunba2004:
believe me bro.you can never fight on behalf of God does that hell is your home,do you believe that?if you don't then you didn't believe in scripture

.isn't it said that those called God's elects are they that won't deny him or keep their Mouth shut when the word of God is attacked.

plus your error is that u believe that I defend God of my own. but u forgot the Holy Spirit.

answer this pls
will the Holy spirit in a Christian keep quiet when God is accused unjustly ?
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2020
LeeSantos:

I wished you could record what you wrote and play it to your ears, just to hear how meaningless your answer is.
There is absolutely nothing to pick from your writings. Reading it was a disturbance to one's brain.

it's all about understanding..

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by k2money(m): 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2020
Blakjewelry:

So what if I dare you to give me only week to live and by the next I am still kicking fine you will have to cut short this alcohol you are drinking
Don't mind them scammer that how they deceive people with holy spirit.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:32pm On Feb 09, 2020
LeeSantos:

it's all about understanding..
and know u understand..
happy Sunday

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Kenneth10110(m): 3:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

gosh what kind of people am I talking to here.

so when someone acts like a fool and I label him as a fool he displayed. its now called an insult.. heavenly father, master Jesus I now understand what u experienced trying to teach people.

I will only try my best

Jesus never insulted or forced anyone to believe him
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
k2money:

Shut your face scammer which holy spirit you get? Thief that's how they will be going around deceiving people of the spirit in them. That your spirit that can not do good thing but to inflict people with deadly disease. That disease kill you there.

its between you now and the Holy spirit.
only I pray that God shows mercy on u bro
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
Kenneth10110:

Jesus never insulted or forced anyone to believe him
and neither did I insult or was forcing Christ on anyone. stop lying
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Oluromantic: 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
WaleFoto:

Romans 9:13 As it is written:
I loved Jacob but hated Esau

14- What then shall we say? is there injustice on the part of God? of course not. 15-For he says to Moses;
"I will show Mercy to whom I will show Mercy, I will take pity to whom I will take pity.

17- For the scripture says to Pharaoh, "This is why I have raised you up, to show my power through you that my name be proclaimed throughout the earth".
Deep!
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Donald7610: 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2020
Your insult too much
Don't discuss Bible like you do

Inteltower:

He is God and if he demands Satan in his presence Satan will obey (See the book of job)
didn't he use Israelites enemies from time to time to punish them (Egypt, Rome, etc)
you fool for both evil and good things/beings he can use; Isn't he God ? (See book of revelations about the four horse men)
didn't he send a lying spirit to an Israelite king who surrounded himself with many prophets

if you were a god in his shoes how will you punish mankind for their sinful ways ?

gosh some peoples understanding are really wack and darkened that they snare their souls for condemnation

Lord forgive me I can't stand fools that are not looking for truth but argument like the Pharisees.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2020
Donald7610:
Your insult too much
Don't discuss Bible like you do

pls learn the difference between labeling, cursing & insulting before u quote me again
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by k2money(m): 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2020
gudugudumeje:
Almighty God is never in possession of evil; but the fallen angels and their warriors. Yahweh is what the original Hebrew translation of the Bible translation refers to as God and so wrongly as Yahweh is only a god(lk Ogun, here) of Israel - not Almighty God(Olodumare). Xtians have been so misled. And Saul's ways was equally inviting of evil spirit... Nb.
You got it right, there are many gods the Bible/quoran and all other holy books talks about that people thought is the Supreme God. How will a loving God be a serial killer?
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by razible5384(m): 3:49pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

ur insult an tantrums were very unnecessary you know.. U could still pass your message across without them
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by chimaobinelson(m): 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2020
uzohrome:
Yes the evil spirit is from God. God works with the devil most times as a repercussion for offenders. You know that Jesus Christ is the head of all principality and power. God knew that all power belongs to him and make Christ to take charge over them. I often tell some persons if God did not bind or kill the devil who are you to do so. All you need do is to believe in God and born again in Christ and the devil will depart from you. Devil will always have one on one discussion with God about any situation. If God say yes go ahead then the devil will do a perfect work. Check The story of Job. Devil and God in a round table maybe with some bottle of wine and well garnished fresh fish discussing how to try or deal with Job, I mean very obedient child of God. God give the devil go ahead to try Job. Maybe they end the discussion with a toast laughing and hugging each other. But over here na to kill devil. die die die ... Haba for watin na. Even Jesus still get time to discuss with the devil and they resolve amicably without fighting each other. Jesus for bind and cast the devil immediately to end all this devil issues. For me devil is never our problems, we are the architect of our own misfortune. I think I need go bible school. grin

To support you nicely put together point.

see a similar account

Again the anger of the LORD was aroused against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, “Go, number Israel and Judah.” (2 Samuel 24:1)
Now Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel. (1 Chronicles 21:1)

Notice that God was Angry with these Characters for a particular grievious sin or the other,

What did He do?¥
He withdraws the protecting grace that protects the said characters and give way to the ever ready accuser(Satan) to come with his temptationns .
in other words:
God permits , Devil brings the temptations !
Its not out of place to say: An evil spirit "from God" came upon a person, because the bible said; We can do nothing if not by the GRACE OF GOD!
SELAH

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
The Christian Bible is fake, false and counterintuituve.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by MT: 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
hupernikao:

You are the one that haven't read me well. There is no place in my writing that say or affirm what you ar3 asking me to explain. The body of scriptures showed that there is no evil in God and does no evil from the beginning till end. So telling me to explain how God use evil is telling me to explain what is not in the scriptures. He doesn't use evil or evil spirit Sir.

@hupernikao, I have been following your input into this topic and I must say they have been concise, clear, firm, brilliant and very consistent. You have been able to intelligently establish the fact that "God is all good with no evil in him" . Through your assertion, I have come to accept it and you have been able to prove wrong those trying to weave the argument that "God does as he pleases" or "God has some evils he uses". However, I will want you to draw a conclusion on the issue. The question is about evil spirit FROM God according to the scripture cited by the OP. What will be your take on this?. Will it be that it needs further research ? If yes, who do u think can shed more light on this? If you have a way to explain it, God knows I will be very much interested. I think this topic begs for a brilliant closure. Thank you.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2020
Who is the most influential person in your world today?

Follow the link to participate in a social experience and educate us on these kind of matters.

https://www.nairaland.com/5674944/marcus-garvey-malcom-x-jesus#86465549
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by k2money(m): 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

first u aren't God to say am not one of his
secondly I acknowledge that I can flare up when I see people talking/assuming/preaching falsely against God but It shows am a son & disciple that loves his father and will speak up when it matters when gently or angrily
lastly I will say to my self I did what I have to do in that manner against the dogs that won't value the pearl. rather than beg/pacify their ego knowing that might not listen I delivered the message as a sword right to the accuser's heart.
don't think in preaching the gospel u will always use the gentle way. there must be balance.
if u call me arrogant by the manner I reproached them attacking God, what says u when my master drove out those that were selling in the temple ?

at least am doing something regarding the kingdom; what are you doing ?
If you are born to a Muslim family and happen to be those living in the part of whom that beliefs that they were fighting for God, you would have being carrying sword up and down to kill people for that your God that can't defend himself.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by k2money(m): 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

am glad u made no sense
To me also you never make sense in this forum.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by KingNom(m): 4:08pm On Feb 09, 2020
Before Jesus came, the people had this general belief that any supernatural occurrence was from God be it good or bad.

Jesus came and revealed that there is indeed a devil who's responsible for the negative happenings.
Jesus FULLY MANIFESTED God, hence if you see Jesus' life and actions, you've seen God's.

St. John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
St. John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
St. John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

So the person that wrote that God sent an evil spirit to possess Saul did that from the perspective of the old testament people who never had the true revelation of the person and character of the devil.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Church Members Flog 'Demons' In Awka, Anambra State (Video) / TB Joshua Healed My Daughter Of Asthma – Ronke Ojo / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.