Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress (57650 Views)

"How Kidnappers Used My 12-year-old Son As Collateral To Buy Two Bags Of Rice – / Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan / ‘I Only Used My Fingers’; Man Arrested For Raping Girl In Delta State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Discombulator: 1:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
Report to aliexpress and block the card,once you can provide proof on ownership they'll refund the money and as a bonus tell you who used your card to order.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by 2shure: 1:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
No way. U cannot open dispute. Hence the hacker/thief will never give u his or her aliexpress login details. You cannot even do nothing.if they deliver it to post office,they will call the receiver on phone. Just count your loss and move on.
Like me now i opened a dispute with a fraudulent seller.since november till now shipping not arrived.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Skseries: 1:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
Why is anyone not asking why bank doesn't send OTP for aliexpress transaction. That's scary

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by abdullkabar(m): 1:12pm On Feb 02, 2020
Skseries:
Why is anyone not asking why bank doesn't send OTP for aliexpress transaction. That's scary
That's another thing to ask

I thought otp is always sent on all banks international transaction
Or maybe only the first
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by WalkerMichael(m): 1:16pm On Feb 02, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

Bro I dont believe this story. ATMs are programmed to give the card first before dispensing cash. If they don't do it in that sequence, most people will just do their transactions and leave the card there However, what is most common is people leaving their cash on the machine after their transaction. The machine has also been programmed to pull back the cash after few minutes and credit the card back. I am not sure about Naija's ATMs sha.

@OP, it's not the fault of the bank you're careless with your card. They wouldnt refund you. You can go to Alieexpress support to stop the order.

I'm Not sure you're in Nigeria or a Nigerian bro.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by femi4: 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:
I don't know if this is the right section.. Please lala, your help is needed.

Just this morning, I got a debit alert from AlieXpress and was wondering how possible. I thought it must be a problem with Aliexpress since I do shop there.. As i was trying to get to support, I got another debit alert, and yet another.

I had to block the atm through my bank app. I tried looking for my atm and it was nowhere to be found.

It dawns on me that I've lost my atm and someone is shopping with it. Now my question is, is it possible to recover my money through my bank, possibly trace the transaction and know who did it?
Not possible, its your fault in misplacing your atm
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by abuhusna1: 1:24pm On Feb 02, 2020
dingbang:
bank is not responsible for such. If her atm pin got missing, she should have gone to the bank for it to be hotlisted.
Baba don't say what you don't know the banking system works in Nigeria. My card was once used for online but they gave me the money back even sent me the name of the person that used my card. Moreso read her Co tent well not pin missing but card. Kudos to GTBANK
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by ibietela2(m): 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2020
How much?
Guess you misplaced it on the road
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by frankputer: 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2020
contact your bank they will stop the transaction sharp sharp.
it take about 24 hours to 3 days before settlement is concluded.
contact your bank so that they can stope the transaction.
u can call customer care ASAP.

send your complain via tweeter.
your bank will attend to it.
also call customer care line.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by ibietela2(m): 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

The shopping platform often offers a refund. There have to be a way to prove to the platform that I didn't make the orders. Losing 59k at a spot isn't a nice feeling really.

Was it done from your account?
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by mistijude: 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

I am currently on it.. If not that today is Sunday, I would have been in the bank by now. They are yet to reply my messages in all their social handles..
These are the strategies of fraudsters,most bank frauds are perpetrated on weekends so that you won't be opportune to go to your bank to complain.They actually know that response to complain through social media by bank or any organization in Nigeria is poor.May God help you to recover your hard-earned money back from these lazy folks
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by ibietela2(m): 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2020
ignis:
Report to your bank and Ali Express. They will be able to refund your money and cancel the transaction.
You could also report to security agencies like the police and EFCC so that they can track the culprit with the help of ali Express

Don't follow the last paragraph of this o... Before you spend more money
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by fasterwell(m): 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

I am currently on it.. If not that today is Sunday, I would have been in the bank by now. They are yet to reply my messages in all their social handles..

A similar case like happened to a friend.

He decided to open an account with FBN and was given a verve card. Few days later he got a call from a guy claiming to be a FBN staff requesting for his ATM details but my friend didn't cooperate with the scammer.

About a week later he got his naira MasterCard but 2 days after getting his MasterCard, he got a debit alert at 3:33am stating payment made to bet9ja.

Those guys emptied his account before he called the bank customer care and they blocked the card.

These scammers has successfully planted their colleagues in the banks whose duty is to give out ATM details.

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Udomajesty: 1:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
Contact Ali express customer care and tell the what happened. They can also tell you the address where the delivery would be made.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by omoadeleye(m): 1:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

The best thing is to chat with AliExpress customer service on time
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by ibietela2(m): 1:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

Just this morning, I got a debit alert from AlieXpress and was wondering how possible. I thought it must be a problem with Aliexpress since I do shop there.. As i was trying to get to support, I got another debit alert, and yet another.

I had to block the atm through my bank app. I tried looking for my atm and it was nowhere to be found.

It dawns on me that I've lost my atm and someone is shopping with it. Now my question is, is it possible to recover my money through my bank, possibly trace the transaction and know who did it?

Since you have blocked the card contact aliexpress then explain to them and ask for cancellation and refund.

Your bank cannot issue refunds or cancel orders
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by kevotek1000(m): 1:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
Sorry to hear this... It's really a bad experience. Thank God you have block your ATM card make sure you dash to the bank first thing in the morning to lay your complains. And also I'm certain someone very close (friends/bestie /relative) did this to you. The bank will be able to give you transactions details and follow that up with aliexpress customers care. The culprit will surely be exposed.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Jerrick(m): 1:36pm On Feb 02, 2020
MAD OO
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by TGM2015: 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

You should have go ahead with their customer service, it may be possible to put on hold the transaction so the the goods will be not delivered or the person will be caught on delivery.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Tukado1975: 1:39pm On Feb 02, 2020
They won't do anything about it, they will tell you that it's online stuff, it happen to me too 60k no where to find it
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by matthew302: 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2020
Yes u can ... but the AliExpress can only refund ur money through the same ATM ... so the best tin is to restrict all out going transaction on ur account both on cash withdraw and ATM withdrew then unblock the ATM card .. mind you don’t request for new ATM ooh .
AliExpress only do transaction on ATM not AcctNumber...
Call me for better instructions
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by sofiscatedmoron: 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2020
danvon:
So password was not required?
No need for passwords when shopping with card online,
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Hearme(m): 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
mistijude:
These are the strategies of fraudsters,most bank frauds are perpetrated on weekends so that you won't be opportune to go to your bank to complain.They actually know that response to complain through social media by bank or any organization in Nigeria is poor.May God help you to recover your hard-earned money back from these lazy folks

Exactly, mine was on a Saturday morning, Jan 11. Card not missing but items bought on eBay. Thank God I just paid children's school fees two days before then. So they met very little. I however blocked the card, called customer service, reported to the bank on Monday, contacted the person to cancel the order (but I guess he is working together with the theif, as the seller on eBay is yet to reply to my several emails), I await bank response within 45 days.

Everyone should know the codes to hotlist their card. Don't wait for a second alert just block it once you see it.

2 Likes

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by erico2k2(m): 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
2shure:
No way. U cannot open dispute. Hence the hacker/thief will never give u his or her aliexpress login details. You cannot even do nothing.if they deliver it to post office,they will call the receiver on phone. Just count your loss and move on.
Like me now i opened a dispute with a fraudulent seller.since november till now shipping not arrived.
Wrong
This is not a case if fraudulent seller rather a stolen CC
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by greggng: 1:42pm On Feb 02, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

Bro I dont believe this story. ATMs are programmed to give the card first before dispensing cash. If they don't do it in that sequence, most people will just do their transactions and leave the card there. However, what is most common is people leaving their cash on the machine after their transaction. The machine has also been programmed to pull back the cash after few minutes and credit the card back. I am not sure about Naija's ATMs sha.

@OP, it's not the fault of the bank you're careless with your card. They wouldnt refund you. You can go to Alieexpress support to stop the order.

I don't know the type of atm you are using ...mine will give you cash first and you will see some command to continue afresh or exit....if you fail to follow those command ur card will remain there untill such command are activated...,I believe that was exactly what hapoened yesterday....I am not the type that come online to give fake news...
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by erico2k2(m): 1:42pm On Feb 02, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

No need for passwords when shopping with card online,
U can set it up.its up to you.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by sofiscatedmoron: 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2020
erico2k2:

U can set it up.its up to you.
Password not needed on ae
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by erico2k2(m): 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

Bro I dont believe this story. ATMs are programmed to give the card first before dispensing cash. If they don't do it in that sequence, most people will just do their transactions and leave the card there. However, what is most common is people leaving their cash on the machine after their transaction. The machine has also been programmed to pull back the cash after few minutes and credit the card back. I am not sure about Naija's ATMs sha.

In 9ja its Cash b4 Card.Abroad ie Europe. Card then cash
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by berrystunn(m): 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

The payment will go after 2 days so go to your bank tomorrow to stop the process. Then Report to EFCC. It's will only cost you time and transportation.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
Contact Aliexpress if they can delay shipping the order yet. They can notify the merchant and shipment of the order will be delayed. Then they can carry out investigation
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by erico2k2(m): 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

Password not needed on ae
What's ae??
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Danhoys: 1:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
nineone:
Contact Aliexpress if they can delay shipping the order yet. They can notify the merchant and shipment of the order will be delayed. Then they can carry out investigation

The transaction was not done on my aliexpress account. How then do I know the merchant?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Would You Wish This Happened To A Thief That Just Robbed You? Pix / Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US / How SARS Took My Eye, Framed Me For Armed Robbery –ex-corps Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.