Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? (48523 Views)

Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me / Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Thanks alot, I believe you know how these extended families behave ..
I will let her have hers but I also desperately need one.
There is this feelings that come with my job when a client sees you dropping from a bike or Uber. A job they should offer you for 1m,they will look down on you and negotiate you for 400k.
Aside the economy side of it, Families will believe we are so much in money and the responsibilities will increase
Now I see your problem. You want to get a car to boost your status but not one for your wife to easily run errands and transport your child.
This is exactly how many Nigerian men's mindset work.
If there's anyone who needs a car more between the both of you, it is her.

6 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by sugah: 10:38am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.
Waoooh, thanks for the advice!!!

I blame women who choose to raise babies with babies.
If you are silly enough to let her buy the car with her own money, she'd then realize her mistake of marrying a selfish human who isn't considerate/able to take care of his family..... she'd then stop contributing to the 'family purse' and start investing in herself and the child only.

Igbo bizmen will buy thier stay at home wives SUVs for school runs and they'd take Okada to and from work....but you have a woman contributing to the home and you think you deserve a car and not her

9 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by kcbaba007: 10:57am On Feb 04, 2020
Standardkid240:
To me you're not being fair here, you sound more like an igbo man.

WRONG.....

An Igbo man would rather buy a car for his wife and trek or jump bikes.... Than buy for himself.....

Go and do your investigations well oga

Igbo's no dey joke with their wives, especially a correct wife like that of the poster

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by sugah: 11:02am On Feb 04, 2020
Standardkid240:
You obviously haven't been around igbomen... kindly desist from this kind of malicious slander.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by kunleweb: 11:21am On Feb 04, 2020
DaInferno:

sense go kill u today cheesy

wink
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Beatswim: 11:26am On Feb 04, 2020
Pls get her a Toyota corolla 2003 - 2006model..so u won't be called at odd times for repairs and exorbitant fuelling... I hope u know u she will give u peace of mind if u allow her get her own car.. Consider your peace of mind first before investment bro
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by dominique(f): 11:30am On Feb 04, 2020
emerged01:

You quoted my post but you didn’t understand it.
I said,”he should “GET HER CAR FIRST ”, I mean the guy should get her car first. You misquoted me oooooo and it is unfair.

Even if he gets her the car, you implied that that she will surrender it to him out of shame when people starts talking. Your post insinuates that a woman should sacrifice her comfort and convenience for her husband so she can be tagged a good wife, this is wrong

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by rhames(m): 11:50am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We are both young (I am 30 while she is 28)
We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I am a Civil Engineer and my Job requires I get a car for mobility.
I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

What should I do, should we both get cars and let other stuffs take it course?

I have had more serious issues as a father of three over forty to contend with.

A car is necessary for that nursing mother to function well otherwise hell will be let loose in that household.

get a smaller car to function too.

the time for the bigger car will surely come.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by ForbesHomesNG(m): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2020
My brother you have a good wife taking care of both home fronts. You should allow get her car. Vehicles are investments too, especially considering the purpose and usefulness.

If you have a project you're both aiming to fund that can't be deffrerd, then you should defer getting ing your own car and allow her get especially to make life easier for her over there since you're both not together.

You can continue to manage as you've been doing till soonest when you can convinently get yours too.

Mind you, the maintenance of cars should be considered too, so ensure you help get get the best that would be a liability rather than an investment. God bless your home.

Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.
Waoooh, thanks for the advice!!!

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by madgoat(m): 1:16pm On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

Nonsense.... You are a very manipulative selfish husband. What is wrong in your wife having her own over there? Even if both of you are staying together, is it bad if she has her own car?
You are just selfish and controlling. No other word foe you.

4 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Jungleboy50: 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2020
blaquey01:
Ftc. Follow this rule in life bro. Happy woman Happy home. If she's worth it, you can make the sacrifice.
Best advice!!
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by calabardick(m): 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2020
kunleweb:

Are you sure you're a man or a boy in a man's body. Since you have your answers, kindly explain why you created the thread

Continue running your marriage with your one man army mindset.

Smh.

See their ages naw, 28 and 30, learners

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by kunleweb: 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2020
calabardick:

See their ages naw, 28 and 30, learners

Lmao cheesy
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by calabardick(m): 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2020
madgoat:

Nonsense.... You are a very manipulative selfish husband. What is wrong in your wife having her own over there? Even if both of you are staying together, is it bad if she has her own car?
You are just selfish and controlling. No other word foe you.

His problem is this, the wife earns more than him so madam getting a new car will definitely affect him. The slowpoke doesn't even consider the little baby. If his work was more productive I bet you he would've asked the woman to resign.

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Geofavor(m): 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2020
makydebbie:
It's her money and she's the one going through the stress yet you don't want her to get a car? When she's not even asking you for money.

I'm shocked sef, because she's not asking you for money.

So, because it's her money, she gets to squander it anyhow on herself alone while the husband uses his to cater for the whole family? How then will he have money left to invest in their future? Isn't it the essence why she is working so that she can support the family too?

This is not boyfriend-girlfriend relationship where the girl spends her money on herself alone and the guy keeps paying the girl for everything even when she isn't broke.

A wrong decision made by the wife will affect the whole family, whether it's her money or not.

Both the money the wife makes and the one the husband makes belong to the family. That's why they're married. Stop this nonsensical mentality of "it's her money".

@ op, Call your wife and sit her down. Then you guys decide to buy one car together. Let who needs it more use it now. Nobody here can tell you. Only you and your wife know who needs it more.
Later on, you buy another. Whatever you do, make sure you do it in agreement.

You're young couples. You should be more focused now on acquiring assets, not liabilities.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by prettysassygirl(f): 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2020
No u are not,all the money u are saving ,are u taking it to heaven?

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Kfed4ril(m): 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2020
Standardkid240:

You got it all wrong,
An Igbo man takes pride in his wife.
We take care if our wives
So instead the Op is a typical Yoruba man who will rather his wife treks round Lagos with a baby at her back while he cruises town with his AC car showing off and forming Yoruba demon.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:13pm On Feb 04, 2020
being married to a good woman with a good job,,,her happiness should be your piority. school run can be as stressful as fvcking a big ass- flat bwess 29 years old virgin.

she contributes to the financial demand of an institution called marriage. i think you ought to buy the car with your own money as a family gift for her.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Opeyemiebun: 4:51pm On Feb 04, 2020
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the said issue, like I said it was to seek other married people(older married couple) counsel and not some Nairaland kids who don't even understand the definition of marriage.

Waoh, this huge response is actually overwhelming.

Some people didn't even read the whole thing finish before becoming emotional grin.

So much hate, so much bitterness, very toxic people grin grin grin.
Thank you all o.
Someone even said "he doesn't deserve to live"
People need to understand the difference between a thought in your head which you haven't even decided from an existing act.

A lot of people turned it to gender competition, emotional issue.. There is problem in Nigeria ooo and most people who came out of divorcee home or homes where the functions of male and female were not well spelt out really needs help o.
I will recommend a book titled "purpose of a real man/woman" written by Dr. Myles Munroe to you all.

I am not responsible for anyone's failure o.

The matured people I expected to comment who took time to read, understand my message have given their advice and I cherish them.
Thank you all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Opeyemiebun: 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2020
Geofavor:

So, because it's her money, she gets to squander it anyhow on herself alone while the husband uses his to cater for the whole family? How then will he have money left to invest in their future? Isn't it the essence why she is working so that she can support the family too?

This is not boyfriend-girlfriend relationship where the girl spends her money on herself alone and the guy keeps paying the girl for everything even when she isn't broke.

A wrong decision made by the wife will affect the whole family, whether it's her money or not.

Both the money the wife makes and the one the husband makes belong to the family. That's why they're married. Stop this nonsensical mentality of "it's her money".

@ op, Call your wife and sit her down. Then you guys decide to buy one car together. Let who needs it more use it now. Nobody here can tell you. Only you and your wife know who needs it more.
Later on, you buy another. Whatever you do, make sure you do it in agreement.

You're young couples. You should be more focused now on acquiring assets, not liabilities.
Thanks alot Sir, I really do appreciate you.
You wonder why we have so many divorcee?
Fight for superiority in the homes and the mentality that her money is her money.
The two couples are meant to plan their future together.
So many people don't realise the importance of investing now and probably reaping it in maybe 5yrs time.
We are buying only one for her use and save towards her business to ease relocating

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by showafrica(m): 6:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

U dey make ur life difficult, just buy her car. I understand your business sense but mobility is a necessity not a liability as we think. Its not as if you are going to be driving her around with your own ride since she runs another home. She needs a car. I used my last card by my wife car, running around with children no dey easy. Let me give u clue... Instead of buying 1.4m car... Buy 600 camry for each of you.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Harzan(m): 10:16pm On Feb 04, 2020
Hmmmm.....
@OP,
You don't have a problem Pls, don't create one by denying her this request. She's a good woman from your post. And yes, women need car... A very good one that won't stress them because they have a lot of stress from the kids already.

U are even lucky she's using her money.... Baba, abeg, free and support your madam for this.

You can buy yours as well if the money dey, family should understand, Hustle no easy and you've paid your duty. Our first cars are not luxury, but necessity for comfort biko...

I also repeat, happy woman, happy home!
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Geofavor(m): 9:26am On Feb 05, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Thanks alot Sir, I really do appreciate you.
You wonder why we have so many divorcee?
Fight for superiority in the homes and the mentality that her money is her money.
The two couples are meant to plan their future together.
So many people don't realise the importance of investing now and probably reaping it in maybe 5yrs time.
We are buying only one for her use and save towards her business to ease relocating

That's a wise decision. Wish you both the best in your Union.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Moji12(f): 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Do you think he cares? He said he's cracking his head about it. But he didn't need to crack anything when he got himself one. He said he wants to help her with her decisions about money, from right behind his wheel. Lol.
Very selfish man. Nonsense mtchew

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by MrCork: 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
Mosebolatan26:
Uncle if you dont get her the car then u must be wicked, she really and really deserves it honestly, if u were to b my brother I would support her haba, she’s hardworking and responsible too....treat her well

..kaiii.. aunty how much? cheesy
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Misscongenialit: 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
blaquey01:
Ftc. Follow this rule in life bro. Happy woman Happy home. If she's worth it, you can make the sacrifice.

Spot on, any man that puts his wife's happiness as optional or not important will never be in a happy home.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Liposure: 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
Mosebolatan26:
Uncle if you dont get her the car then u must be wicked, she really and really deserves it honestly, if u were to b my brother I would support her haba, she’s hardworking and responsible too....treat her well
jesus! Baby ur boobs looks succulent. I wanna know u beta
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Opeyemiebun: 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
I will like to thank you all for your advice.
It was really worth it.
I finally got her a Toyota Matrix, personally taught her how to drive due to covid19 lock down and she is happier driving around with the baby . grin
I escaped back to Lag to continue hustling .
3months without earning a dime sure took a toll on me
Thank you to everyone who gave their sincere advice
Between, I hope we are all keeping safe during this turbulent period?
We shall overcome!

5 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Gloriagee(f): 2:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
Good call on your part.

Opeyemiebun:
I will like to thank you all for your advice.
It was really worth it.
I finally got her a Toyota Matrix, personally thought her how to drive due to covid19 lock down and she is happier driving around with the baby . grin
I escaped back to Lag to continue hustling .
3months without earning a dime sure took a toll on me
Thank you to everyone who gave their sincere advice
Between, I hope we are all keeping safe during this turbulent period?
We shall overcome!

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Adeola97(f): 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
sugah:

I blame women who choose to raise babies with babies.
If you are silly enough to let her buy the car with her own money, she'd then realize her mistake of marrying a selfish human who isn't considerate/able to take care of his family..... she'd then stop contributing to the 'family purse' and start investing in herself and the child only.

Igbo bizmen will buy thier stay at home wives SUVs for school runs and they'd take Okada to and from work....but you have a woman contributing to the home and you think you deserve a car and not her

But do you know that you can actually advise him and make your point without insulting him..I really don't understand the reason why majority on nairaland talk like this

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Prof0fficial: 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
so lucky you. a woman offering to buy with her money u still controlling her. u can't get such woman again in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / Smart Mum Spoiled Her Daughter's Plan To Steal Meat (pictured) / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.