Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,423,657 members, 5,438,431 topics. Date: Monday, 24 February 2020 at 04:01 AM

Thrills Of A Lagos Babe - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe (2013 Views)

Boob And Konji Alert :see How Curvy Lagos Babe Expose Her Big Package On IG / See How A Lagos Babe Stepped Out For An Appointment With Her Boob On Display / Lagos Babe Who Gets Angry When Ugly Ladies Succeed More Than Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 5:43am On Feb 03
(Dear friends. this is my debut story. Your comments are highly welcome.
Enjoy)

I took the last seat in the cab from Dugbe. A fat woman occupied the center seat and had taken a great deal of space. I just had to bear with her. In the next ten minutes or so, I should be at Idi-Ishin quarters, my destination. I finally got down and sighed a relief. I gave the driver money, but he complained he didn’t have change. When it was obvious he was wasting my time, I decided to forgo the change and moved on.

Our home was a white storey building that needed repainting. It used to be a very beautiful duplex, but the peelings on the wall had done some damage to its aesthetic values. I unlocked the pedestrian side of the gate and made for the entrance door. It was locked from inside. I pressed the bell and waited patiently.

From inside, a curtain was moved aside as two eyes peered to see who the intruder was.

‘It’s me, Simi,’ I called out, in case the person had some doubts.

Quickly, the door was unlocked and thrown open.

‘Welcome, aunty,’ Titi said, coming to hug me, and to relieve me of my handbag.

Titi would not stop amazing me. Just about nine hours ago, she had seen me off to work. Now she was greeting like someone who hadn’t seen
me for months!

‘Thank you,’ I mumbled and entered the house. She knew where to take my bag to. We went straight to my bedroom which was the first by the
right on the first floor.

‘How was work?’ Titi asked.

I smiled. ‘Fine.’

She lingered a bit. I opened my bag, brought out a roll sausage and handed it to her.

She smiled. ‘Many thanks, aunty,’ she said.

I nodded. ‘You’re welcome.’

She left my room. I sighed, sat on the bed and removed my shoes. Then I changed from my office wears to a t-shirt and shorts. I lay on the bed, thinking of Daniel. The guy was becoming erratic and I was getting fed up with the relationship. I had complained to mummy about him, but she said I should be patient. How long would I continue to condone his childish – almost foolish – behavior?

There was the hooting of car at the gate. Titi went to see who it was. Soon, the wide gates were opened and a car drove into the compound.
That must be mummy. She was on afternoon duty and anytime she was, she came in about this time. I could hear the voice of Titi welcoming her. Moments later, I could hear footsteps coming up the stair case.

‘Has Simi come back?’ Mummy was asking.

‘Yes, mummy,’ Titi answered.

Mummy raised her voice. ‘Simi! Come o! There’s news.’

I sighed, wondering what could be the news. The greatest news I would have loved to hear was that my father, the late Brigadier-General Michael Akolade, had come back to life. Since daddy died about two years ago in a ghastly road accident, I believed I was the one that missed him most. Not even his wife, my mother, missed him the way I did. I believed he was the most loving father in the world, even if his wife did not think so.

But I knew his resurrection would not likely be among mummy’s news items. I got up from the bed and left my room. Mummy was removing her uniform when I entered her bedroom.

‘Welcome, mummy,’ I greeted.

‘Simi, my dear. How’re you?’

Mummy was in good mood. There must be good news she wanted to pass.

‘Fine. How’s work today?’

‘Hectic, as usual.’

She removed her stockings and white gown. I had always known mummy to be a nurse, ever since I could remember. She was once a slim and beautiful woman and I took after her. Even now that she was fat and not so young again, she still looked beautiful. Months ago, I and my only sibling, Deola had teased her about re-marrying.

‘You girls are not serious,’ mummy had said.

‘But we’re serious, mummy,’ Deola had said. ‘I’m sure you’re still getting toasters.’

‘Plus micro-wave ovens,’ Mummy added.

We had all laughed.

I sat on her bed. She was not in a hurry to tell me the good news, so I waited. Mummy changed into a long house gown.

She turned to me. ‘Yes, I suppose you’re eager to hear the good news.’

I nodded.

(to be continued)

You can read full story at https://publish.okadabooks.com/search?term=thrills

1 Like

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Janet96(f): 12:05pm On Feb 04
Interesting.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 5:32pm On Feb 05
I sat on her bed. She was not in a hurry to tell me the good news, so I waited. Mummy changed into a long house gown.

She turned to me. ‘Yes, I suppose you’re eager to hear the good news.’

I nodded.

She came to sit by my side on the bed. ‘Mrs. Shitta is commissioning her hotel in Lagos next week.’

‘Oh? Congrats to her.’

Mrs. Maria Shitta was mummy’s good friend. She was also a nurse at the teaching hospital in Ibadan years ago before she relocated to London.

She wanted mummy too to change her place of work, but mummy chose to remain in Nigeria. After ten years in London, Mrs. Shitta was coming back home with an investment. She had built a hotel, as she said she was passionate about hospitality business.

But was the opening of the hotel the good news mummy wanted to tell me? I waited.

‘Well, you know her three children are all abroad,’ mummy continued.

‘Hmn hmn.’ I nodded.

‘Her children would have supported her in running the place, but for the fact that they’re not around. She wants a very trusted and capable person to handle the business for her. She wants a reliable person to be her Business Manager. She wants you work for her.’

I opened my mouth in astonishment. ‘What! Me?’

‘Yes, you, Simi,’ my mother said. ‘You can do it and you will do it.’

‘I read Pharmacy, for God’s sake! What has that got to do with running hotel business?’

‘Studying Pharmacy does not mean you can only be limited to that line. With commitment, you can succeed as Business Manager, my dear.’

Presently, I worked at Dravos Foods, a company that was into the production of biscuits and confectionery. The pay wasn’t that good, but it was still better than being idle at home. Daddy’ ex friends who had promised better jobs were yet to fulfill their promises.

I was thoughtful for a while. At twenty-seven, I had graduated over five years ago and had completed my national youth service over fours ago, now. I had taken the job at Dravos, after I could not secure a job at the pharmaceutical industry. Mummy herself promised to get me employed by the UCH, but it wasn’t easy succeeding in that.

Now, the offer from Mrs. Maria Shitta had become the news flash.

‘But that would mean my leaving Ibadan for Lagos,’ I pointed out.

‘Yes.’

I frowned slightly. ‘Why didn’t Mrs. Shitta set up the business here in Ibadan? Why did she have to set it in Lagos?’

Mummy chuckled. ‘She has her good reasons for doing that, my dear.’

I nodded. Just then, there was another blaring of horn at the gate. ‘Goodness,’ mum said. ‘That must be Mrs. Shitta. She said she would be visiting.’

You can get full download @
https://publish.okadabooks.com/search?term=thrills

1 Like

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by FairCritic(m): 7:55pm On Feb 06
Interesting.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 7:46am On Feb 08
I nodded. Just then, there was another blaring of horn at the gate. ‘Goodness,’ mum said. ‘That must be Mrs. Shitta. She said she would be visiting.’

She stood up from the bed and moved to the door. I followed her.

‘Maria has a lot of confidence in you for inviting you for this job, Simi. You must not disappoint her.’

I sighed. Mummy was always zealous about things she was interested in. I had not even affirmed that I would accept the job offer, but she was already taking about not disappointing her friend.

She went downstairs while I went back to my room. I played some music on my small sound system and reclined on my bed.

Many minutes later, there was a knock on my door. The person that knocked didn’t wait for an answer when the knob was turned and the door was pushed in.

Titi gave a grin. ‘Mummy said you should come downstairs,’ she informed.

I knew that would be her message. ‘Okay, I’ll be coming.’

I got down from the bed and went to the staircase. Here, I could hear the excited voices of mum and her guest. I descended the case slowly. The voices grew louder as I got to the large living-room.

‘Good evening, ma,’ I greeted Mrs. Shitta.

‘Ah, Simi, my daughter, come and give me a hug.’

I gave her a hug, the strong whiff of her perfume assailing my nose.

She looked at me all over. ‘Only God knows what is wrong with the young men in Ibadan. How could they leave a beautiful damsel like you alone all this while?’ she smiled.

I wasn’t surprised at her sarcasm. This woman could talk!

‘Don’t worry,’ she went on. ‘Lagos men are smarter. Before you spend months there, you’ll see how they will rush you. They know good things.’

Mummy smiled while I grinned. But, who told Madam Maria that I didn’t have a man in my life? I had, even though he was an unserious fellow.

‘O ya, sit down and let’s discuss,’ Mrs. Shitta went on. ‘Bimbola must have told you about the Lagos job I’m offering you, right?’

I nodded and took a seat beside her. ‘Yes, ma.’

‘So, what d’you think?’

‘She’s going to do well on the job,’ mummy intervened. ‘I trust my daughter.’

I nodded in support of what my mother said.

‘Yes,’ Mrs. Shitta continued. ‘I want you to be smart and sharp. I want you to be my eyes and ears there. I want you to grow the place. And of course, the remuneration is mouth-watering. I know you’ll not disappoint.’

I resigned myself to fate. ‘No, I’ll not disappoint,’ I answered.

I stayed with the two women for several more minutes before I excused myself. The following day was Wednesday, I was on my way to work when mummy called me.

‘Maria just called me now. She advised that you should resign from your current place of work with immediate effect.’

Just like that? I sighed. ‘Okay, mummy.’

‘She also advises that you’ll get set and follow her to Lagos on Sunday.’

‘So fast?’

‘Yes. She wants you to be on ground, familiarize yourself with the place and be part of the team that will kick off the operations of the place.’

I sighed. ‘Okay, mum.’

You can get full story @ https://publish.okadabooks.com/search?term=thrills

1 Like

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Saturn101: 8:15pm On Feb 08
Interesting story.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by FairCritic(m): 7:28am On Feb 09
Kudos, @WuraSerano
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by BigBasher: 3:48pm On Feb 10
Interesting story.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Zamar(m): 11:44am On Feb 11
Cool
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 8:16am On Feb 15
I stayed with the two women for several more minutes before I excused myself. The following day was Wednesday, I was on my way to work when mummy called me.

‘Maria just called me now. She advised that you should resign from your current place of work with immediate effect.’

Just like that? I sighed. ‘Okay, mummy.’

‘She also advises that you’ll get set and follow her to Lagos on Sunday.’

‘So fast?’

‘Yes. She wants you to be on ground, familiarize yourself with the place and be part of the team that will kick off the operations of the place.’

I sighed. ‘Okay, mum.’

As I soon as I got to my office, I wrote a short letter to notify the management that I had resigned my appointment with immediate effect. I thanked them for the opportunity they had given me to work there. Moji, my colleague and good friend was shocked by my sudden decision. I explained to her why I had to do what I did.

I packed my few personal belongings, bade them farewell and left. I was back home before mid-day. Mum advised that I should get some books and read about hospitality business. I went on Google to do so.

I called my friends to inform them about my imminent relocation to Lagos. I also called Deola, my sister to intimate her. She was a Medical student at the University of Ibadan and she stayed on campus.

‘Are you going to be working at NAFDAC in Lagos, or what?’ Deola asked.

‘Mrs. Shitta is opening a hotel. I’ll be working there.’

‘What? Hotel? Do they prescribe and dispense drugs in hotel?’

I chuckled. ‘Don’t be cheeky, Deola. I’ll be working as Business Manager.’

‘Business what? What d’you know about business?’

‘Don’t under estimate my potentials, sister.’

She laughed over the line. ‘Well, best of luck, Simi.’

‘Yeah. And best of luck to you too.’

Last but not the least, I called Daniel.

‘I’ll be going to Lagos,’ I said. ‘There’s a job waiting for me there.’

‘What!’ he sounded astonished. ‘How could you do that?’

‘The job is better than what I have now and mum advises that I should take it.’

‘And you didn’t discuss it with me before you decided,’ he accused. ‘What if I say no?’

Now, that was Daniel for you. How could he say no?

You can get full story @ https://publish.okadabooks.com/search?term=thrills
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Zamar(m): 8:22pm On Feb 15
Interesting story.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by kweensheba(f): 9:44am On Feb 16
Nice one.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by FairCritic(m): 8:33pm On Feb 17
Nice work.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 8:34pm On Feb 21
Last but not the least, I called Daniel.

‘I’ll be going to Lagos,’ I said. ‘There’s a job waiting for me there.’

‘What!’ he sounded astonished. ‘How could you do that?’

‘The job is better than what I have now and mum advises that I should take it.’

‘And you didn’t discuss it with me before you decided,’ he accused. ‘What if I say no?’
Now, that was Daniel for you. How could he say no?

‘The job is from a family friend and …’ I was explaining.

‘Alright, alright. What kind of job is it, anyway?’

I sighed. ‘I’m to be a hotel Business Manager.’

‘What? You want to work in hotel?’ His tone sounded like it was the most disgusting job I could ever take.

I breathed in deeply but said nothing.

‘Listen, Simi,’ he said. ‘No baby of mine will work in hotel. You’re not to take that job.’

‘You don’t mean that, Daniel,’ I said, getting agitated.

‘I mean it. Don’t accept it. If you do, then kiss our relationship goodbye.’

‘Daniel!’

‘I mean it. Take up that job, and then forget about me.’

He went on to cut the line. Can you imagine that? Daniel cut the line. I sighed and shook my head. I was not totally surprised by his behavior, for he always had that propensity to be domineering.

I continued to prepare for my departure. Mum kept drumming it in my ears that I must be a good gal and prove myself worthy, and I kept replying her that she had no reason to be apprehensive.

‘I’m twenty-seven and I know what I should do,’ I said.

On the Sunday that I would leave Ibadan, Mrs. Shitta’s driver came to our house about three o’clock to ‘pick’ me. I had already packed the clothes and other things I would be taking to Lagos in two suitcases. I went on to hug my mum to say goodbye. I was surprised to see drops of tears fall from her eyes.

‘Oh, mum, if you’re doing this because I’m traveling to Lagos, what will you do if I’m departing for Canada, or Australia?’

She smiled wryly. ‘Don’t mind me, Simi. Make sure you’re very careful there.’

‘I will, mum.’

Titi too was shedding tears. Now, wait a minute. I was only travelling to Lagos, a place less than 190 kilometers away, for God’s sake!

But then I knew I must not get angry with my sixteen years old niece.

‘Come, Titi, I’ll always be coming back home.’ I gave her a thousand naira note.

‘Hey, get something for yourself.’

I was surprised she refused my offer.
‘I’m going to miss you,’ she said.

I was moved, so I hugged her. She calmed down.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Zamar(m): 2:24pm On Feb 23
Interesting story.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by johndwayy(m): 2:41pm On Feb 23
Interesting and captivating

(1) (Reply)

Why Does Girls Frick About Materials Things / I'm Feeling Bad That I'm Losing Feelings Daily For My Long Distance Boyfriend / Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.