Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? (1389 Views)

Obi Urges Nigerians To Denounce & Reject Ag's Office Holding Workshop In London / I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu / Cardi B Nigerian Citizenship Tweet: Abike Dabiri, Bashir Ahmad React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by WebSurfer(m): 11:17am On Feb 03, 2020
In all honesty, i have come to a point where i feel i no longer want to be a Nigerian.

Like, I don’t wish to uphold the laws of Nigeria which is meant only for the poor and it’s jungle ways of dealing with people. After-all, there are no benefits of being a Nigerian

How can a judge sentence a man to 21 years for robbing just 2k with a toy gun yet almost almost all the thieving politicians parade free and oppressive.

I am fed up being a Nigerian

6 Likes

Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by DaBullIT(m): 11:55am On Feb 03, 2020
So you'll love to quit being a Nigerian ? God to immigration office , they can help you

WebSurfer:
In all honesty, i have come to a point where i feel i no longer want to be a Nigerian.

Like, I don’t wish to uphold the laws of Nigeria which is meant only for the poor and it’s jungle ways of dealing with people. After-all, there are no benefits of being a Nigerian

This is coming exactly after seeing a judge sentence a man to 21 years for robbing just 2k with a toy gun yet almost almost all the thieving politicians parade free and oppressive.

I am fed up being a Nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by WebSurfer(m): 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
DaBullIT:
So you'll love to quit being a Nigerian ? God to immigration office , they can help you

I want to quit bro, there is no hope or jurisdiction being a Nigerian
Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by dlondonbadboy: 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
If you don't have money in Nigeria, at least have sense. The young thief and his dumb lawyers didn't appeal the 21years sentence. They were appealing nonsense.

So if this is your reason why you want to quit, no wahala. But I'd have advised that you strive and get your share of the national cake.

The country is dead, let's join hands together and bury it..

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by tsdarkside(m): 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2020
just throw the passport away and not get any no more....

why do people like you think we care wheather you wan be nigerian or not....??
Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by tsdarkside(m): 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
DaBullIT:

it is theoreticaly not possible that way....
when immigration even agree sef,then what....!!??

paperless....!!

then what....??
Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by WebSurfer(m): 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
tsdarkside:

it is theoreticaly not possible that way....
when immigration even agree sef,then what....!!??

paperless....!!

then what....??

The only usefulness of my passport and my license is for bank identification purposes and travel. Aside that, it is useless

1 Like

Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by WebSurfer(m): 5:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
dlondonbadboy:
If you don't have money in Nigeria, at least have sense. The young thief and his dumb lawyers didn't appeal the 21years sentence. They were appealing nonsense.

So if this is your reason why you want to quit, no wahala. But I'd have advised that you strive and get your share of the national cake.

The country is dead, let's join hands together and bury it..
I agree with you that the lawyers were appealing nonsense.

But one quick question. have you had issues with Nigerian police before ? Where they leave you with no option than to use a lawyer they will provide you

Not like they even have anything against you
Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by Earlystar698(m): 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
If your Igbo, that means your not a Nigerian national... We biafrans have made it clear where not Nigeria but if your not in anyway related to biafrans or you use to bash biafra Mr Man you remain NIGERIA to the rest of your [b] LIFE grin grin grin

Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by Lanretoye(m): 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
you denounce it in Jesus name.
Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by robotix: 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
WebSurfer:

I want to quit bro, there is no hope or jurisdiction being a Nigerian
go to Ghana. They are welcoming people who want to be citizens.

I have an ancestral link to Ghana and I plan visiting when I settle stuff here.
Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by blasted12: 1:46pm On Mar 06, 2020
To renounce your Nigerian citizenship the Constitution states that the president himself has to sign. What are the chances that the document will even reach his desk? My guy it has never happened and never will. You're stuck with Nigeria wether you lt or not
Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by robotix: 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
blasted12:
To renounce your Nigerian citizenship the Constitution states that the president himself has to sign. What are the chances that the document will even reach his desk? My guy it has never happened and never will. You're stuck with Nigeria wether you lt or not
he can obtain Ghana's citizenship.
Re: How Can One Denounce Nigerian Citizenship ? by cooltola(m): 5:56pm On Sep 05, 2020
LOSS OF CITIZENSHIP:

VOLUNTARY: Voluntary renunciation of Nigerian citizenship is permitted by law. Contact the Embassy for details and required paperwork. INVOLUNTARY: The following are grounds for involuntary loss of Nigerian citizenship: Registered or Naturalized citizen voluntarily acquires the citizenship of a foreign country. Naturalized citizen, before seven years of residence, sentenced to prison for three years or more. Registered or Naturalized citizen is convicted of acts of disloyalty to the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election / Beggars Forum: Wike Is Our Old, Strong Member – NGF / Graphic: See What Boko Haram Did To A Female #endsars Protester (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.