Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,264 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu (37783 Views)

History Will Be Made If Tinubu Becomes President – Tanko Yakasai / 2023: I Will Rellocate To Ghana If Tinubu Becomes President - Bode George / Bode George: I’ll Dump Nigeria For Togo If Tinubu Becomes President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Racoon(m): 12:00am On Apr 13, 2023
LAGOS – Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, former Deputy Governor of Lagos State, and first elected female Deputy Governor in Nigeria, has said that she will renounce her citizenship of Nigeria once Aswijau Bola Tinubu is sworn in as President.

She also said that she has already told her lawyers to start working on that ahead of May 29, stressing that Nigeria is in a deplorable state and doesn’t need a President with baggage to start managing its affairs at this critical time.

Ojikutu who spoke during a press conference with journalists in her Ikoyi residence on Wednesday, also told journalists that her safety is no longer guaranteed and that if anything happens to her, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the President-elect should be held responsible.

“I had to speak out when I heard that because I had gone through a lot and had to keep them to myself but when I heard Tinubu was asking if I am still alive, I had to cry out. I will also say that if anything happens to me he should be held responsible.

She said that part of the grouse Tinubu had against her was her insistence that Lagos needed to be developed and also because she aspired to be governor of Lagos State.

Ojikutu noted that those things didn’t go down well with Tinubu and he had on many occasions humiliated her publicly and even ordered that her land documents be revoked.

She said, “I said it in one of my posts and I am saying it again that if anything happens to me, Bola Tinubu and his cohorts will be held responsible.

“Lagos has been disadvantaged. I refuse to visit the Lagos Island where I come from, because everywhere is a mess. All the streets are filled with water and potholes.

She added, “I decided that before I am eliminated I will come out and say what is on my mind. I hope to get the citizenship of a nation that I can be happy in because corruption is endemic in this country. People are lobbying to occupy, Ministerial and other appointments. I am ashamed to call myself a former public officer

About the 2023 general elections, she said, “Nigeria is in a hopeless situation and when I heard Peter Obi speaking, I had no choice but to support him. Again I am one of those who believe that it is time for the South-East to get the presidency. If we say we want to remain one Nigeria, then we have to take equity into consideration.

“You cannot say that you are one Nigeria and you are suppressing a particular region. You don’t want them to get the presidency shot. If you don’t want them as number one let them go. If you don’t want them to go, then give them the chance to be number one.

“Obi came out and said things that appealed to the youths. He said he would take care of the wastages that are not letting the nation to develop. Many of us fell in love with what he said,” she said.

https://independent.ng/ill-renounce-my-nigerian-citizenship-if-tinubu-becomes-president-vows-ojikutu/

109 Likes 25 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Frank688915: 12:04am On Apr 13, 2023
Tinubu went to Obama inauguration. obi go do campaign after election for UK dem grab am like thief! cheesy

like if you think he's guilty, share if you think he's saint as claimed

205 Likes 47 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Racoon(m): 12:04am On Apr 13, 2023
She also said that she has already told her lawyers to start working on that ahead of May 29, stressing that Nigeria is in a deplorable state and doesn’t need a President with baggage to start managing its affairs at this critical time.

She said that part of the grouse Tinubu had against her was her insistence that Lagos needed to be developed
and also because she aspired to be governor of Lagos State.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Racoon(m): 12:07am On Apr 13, 2023
“Nigeria is in a hopeless situation. Again I am one of those who believe that it is time for the South-East to get the presidency. If we say we want to remain one Nigeria, then we have to take equity into consideration.

“You cannot say that you are one Nigeria and you are suppressing a particular region. You don’t want them to get the presidency shot. If you don’t want them as number one let them go. If you don’t want them to go, then give them the chance to be number one.

153 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by LeoDeKing: 12:09am On Apr 13, 2023
Is she an adult? Yes.

Is she qualified to have an opinion? Yes.

Is she entitled to her opinion? Yes

Is it her opinion? Yes

Any need insulting her? Not at all.

Then she is as free as air to act on her belief.

We Nigerians will miss you ma, but since that is your choice, we wish you the best of what you wish yourself in your new country from 29th May 2023.

That is why it is called democracy.

Democracy, a word some nattering nitwits understand upside down. grin

Imagine insulting professor Wole Soyinka for having an opinion.

190 Likes 30 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by yarimo(m): 12:21am On Apr 13, 2023
Madam you and BODE GOERGE should leave now now now. Ukraine, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, north Korea and somalia are all available for you

169 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:27am On Apr 13, 2023
It's a SHAME if a party that called Nigerian youths LAZY have only such a corrupt fraudster to give ticket. Big SHAME.

How do you preach to youths to shun fraud and drug?

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Raskimonojendor: 12:27am On Apr 13, 2023
Good. Bode George now has a travel companion.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Raskimonojendor: 12:29am On Apr 13, 2023
Racoon:
Nigeria is in a hopeless situation. Again I am one of those who believe that it is time for the South-East to get the presidency. If we say we want to remain one Nigeria, then we have to take equity into consideration.

I salute you for saying the truth and not acting like Peter Obi was a Messiah that was coming to save Nigeria.

I feel Nigeria should have a rotational power system.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:29am On Apr 13, 2023
who will give her nationality, since she believes she can just renounce her citizenship... ?!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Raskimonojendor: 12:32am On Apr 13, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
who will give her nationality, since she believes she can just renounce her citizenship... ?!
She most likely has dual nationality.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Emma513: 12:32am On Apr 13, 2023
Frank688915:
Tinubu went to Obama inauguration. obi go do campaign after election for UK dem grab am like thief! cheesy
LIES. PICTURES TO PROVE TINUBU WENT TO OBAMA INAUGURATION. OR WILL NOT BELIEVE YOU

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by muykem: 12:34am On Apr 13, 2023
She will follow Bode George to Niger or Southern Sudan.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Raskimonojendor: 12:35am On Apr 13, 2023
Same grandma.

She also ran away after the fraud to the US but was repatriated with the help of the US Embassy.

34 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Emma513: 12:40am On Apr 13, 2023
'IF' grin, TINUBU THAT IS ALREADY TIRED. OBIDENT HAS FINISHED HIM. HIS SUPPORTERS ARE BEGGING FOR MERCY TO JUST ALLOW HIM ALEAST 4YEARS. BUT THEY ARE PRETENDING AND ARE USE FAKE HAPPINESS AND SMILE TO COVER UP. OBIDATTI IS COMING

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by TheEndless: 1:38am On Apr 13, 2023

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by HilcomTech(m): 2:12am On Apr 13, 2023
They should leave the country ASAP

What are they waiting for..

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by 9jahotblog: 3:09am On Apr 13, 2023
Clueless drug baron Tinubu is in deep mess. Na everyone dey avoid him from left right and Center 😂

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by plaindealer: 3:13am On Apr 13, 2023
Na every loser dey swear to leave, but den no gree comot..

Awon olofo.. grin grin

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by wahalawahala: 4:04am On Apr 13, 2023
This criminal woman too dey talk 😂😂

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Cantonese: 4:33am On Apr 13, 2023
“ Obi came out and said things that appealed to the youths. He said he would take care of the wastages that are not letting the nation to develop. Many of us fell in love with what he said…”

That’s simply why the citizens are OBIdient!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by KogiPikin: 4:41am On Apr 13, 2023
Pot de call kettle black, hia undecided

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Raskimonojendor: 4:43am On Apr 13, 2023
Cantonese:
“ Obi came out and said things that appealed to the youths. He said he would take care of the wastages that are not letting the nation to develop. Many of us fell in love with what he said…”

That’s simply why the citizens are OBIdient!
Lamba.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by nisai: 5:02am On Apr 13, 2023
plaindealer:
Na every loser dey swear to leave, but den no gree comot..

Awon olofo.. grin grin

😂😂😂

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Ofunaofu: 5:07am On Apr 13, 2023
A Notorious narcotic drug trafficker becoming the president of Nigeria is the worst thing that can happen to Nigeria

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by vannessa7(f): 5:31am On Apr 13, 2023
Imagine the excuse she gave for hating on Tinubu, can she do the work Tinubu did in Lagos state if she had been governor, jealous iya aje.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 5:38am On Apr 13, 2023
Watch how children of hate will desend on her and called her omoale.

6 Likes

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by OmotolaBoy(m): 5:39am On Apr 13, 2023
Ashiwaju Jagaban Presido

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Benwallt(m): 6:21am On Apr 13, 2023
Bye. Carry your load and move

8 Likes

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Houseontherock1: 6:27am On Apr 13, 2023
Be scooping news from nooks and crannies

1 Like

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Abagworo(m): 6:30am On Apr 13, 2023
This is a real indigene of Lagos

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship If Tinubu Becomes President - Ojikutu by Okoroawusa: 6:37am On Apr 13, 2023
Ojikutu of 1979? Abi na another one be this?

105 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Truck Of Rice Found In Joseph Ununu's Residence In Ebonyi As Police Investigate / Amaechi Replies Obanikoro: I Will Not Congratulate Wike, It’s Daylight Robbery / China-africa Summit; Pro-biafra Supporters Protest In South Africa. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.