Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

How Gbenga Found Love - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Gbenga Found Love (46141 Views)

Lest We Forget, Gbenga Adeboye (1959-2003) Part 1 / I Found Love Again / When I Found Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 8:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
Nickibeauty:

Another one , well-done Rosie
immediately after this, that one will start in earnest grin
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Amarita(f): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
Rosemary33:
Okay, so...

After I finished "the fat girl and the soldier that loves her" I promised another story titled "my neighbors wife" grin

I have not forgotten, and will kick of that story immediately after this. Let me give you a peek;

"My neighbors wife is a sequel to my very first romance story "Kiss me one more night" which I posted here.

If you followed that story with me, you will remember Morgan Cookey...yes the billionaire Morgan, the owner of Wilson beverages that wanted to date Grace and take her away from Ken...

"My neighbors wife" is his story, it is time he find a woman of his own and trust me, the old funky rich proud Morgan would be humbled by the beauty queen he would meet. grin

So be patient, follow this one till the end and we will tell Morgan's story together

I am so excited and feeling Hot already cheesy grin grin. Morgan will give all of us wet panties kiss
Rosie Don cum again oooo...
Abeg I can't wait...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by skubido(m): 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 3:05am On Jun 13, 2020
Amarita:

Rosie Don cum again oooo...
Abeg I can't wait...
you will not be disappointed

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Sharafawizkidayo(m): 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
following fully keep updating us.. Miss Rose. ;Dfollowing fully keep updating us.. Miss Rose.

2 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2020
Episode 29

Her boy came out first of the taxi first, he absorbed his new environment with awesome delight.

“Wohoww…” he exclaimed “Daddy, are these all yours?”

“Not all of them” Gbenga handed a bag to him “here, head towards that door, a surprise is waiting for you” Gbenga ruffled the boys hair and sent him off with a nudge, then the door swung open and Amaka walked out with an apron and cooking gloves

“Mommy!!!” the boy almost tripped as he dashed into his mother’s embrace

“My little man” Amaka held him tight as waves of emotions shook all of her body. She looked over the boy’s head, towards her husband and mouthed “Thank you” Gbenga gave her a nod with a smile

“Mum, you are crushing me” her son grimaced

“Oh Ekene” she chuckled and released the boy “I am sorry” the boy unclasped himself from his mother’s hold and ran into the house. Amaka waited until the boy disappeared before she turned to her husband

“So, can I at least get a hug?” Gbenga feigned dejection and Amaka chuckled while walking into his arms

“Are you a cry baby now?” she wrapped her hands round him, still laughing

“Really? Only a left-over hug?” Gbenga looked down at her and took her lips in his, he kissed her passionately and she melted in his arms “That’s better” he said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Come on in love birds, the food is getting cold!” Someone shouted from the door

“Mrs Puff!” Gbenga exclaimed, looking from the woman to his wife

Amaka gave him an apologetic stare “She insisted on helping, has been here since morning” she grabbed one of the bags and they walked hand in hand into the house

Gbenga kissed the old woman’s head “Bless you Mrs Puff, thank you for coming”

“Nonsense” she said dismissingly “I have to get myself busy with something” she walked in with them “And who is that handsome boy that has just swept me off my feet?”

“our son” Gbenga said with pride “Come on boy, come say hi to Good Mrs Puff” he beckoned on the boy who was half way downstairs

“You two have a son already!” the old woman turned to the little boy “Call me Puff, I thing we are going to be good friends…”

Two hours later, they saw their son off to bed and Mrs Puff off to the door, “She is a good woman” Amaka said as they waved her good night.

“Yes, she is” Gbenga grabbed her waist and turned her towards him “I am so sorry my love, I shouldn’t have left you here alone” he looked her over with concern

“It’s okay babe, I am fine now”

“You didn’t even tell me, why did it has to be a neighbor who would tell me what happened to my wife?” he was visibly annoyed “Do you know how I felt? I called you this morning before I boarded. I called you two times my love, why didn’t you tell me?” he touched the bruise on her neck and she winced “They did that to you?”

Amaka lay her hands on his “I am fine now babe, I didn’t want you to panic” she forced a smile “I know you love me too much, you would have practically driven the plane yourself just to get down here in time” she laughed but it wasn’t funny to him

“what if they had…” Gbenga tightened his hold on her, the words were too heavy for him “…if that goon had raped you”

“I got saved Gbenga, and that is all that matters now, Amanda will not be bothering us for a very long time” her eyes searched his

He drew her closer and lifted her face “I will make sure no one ever does my love, I swear” she swallowed heard, parted her lips and turned her dreamy eyes on him

The ocean in her eyes drowned him “You are always beautiful” he kissed her soft lips, enjoying the sweetness “I missed you” he murmured and drew her closer.

She allowed him for a while before she disentangled, “come inside”, she took his hands. “Those kids are taking pictures” she pointed at the teenagers that waved at them and was giggling away

“Crazy kids”

Thirty minutes later, she met him downstairs sipping a cup of coffee, he looked at her and smiled, extending his hands “I have always loved red” she took his hands and sat astride him and arched her backside “I didn’t want to disturb you tonight” he adjusted to allow her a comfortable position “I don’t want to be tempted either” he held her curved back

“Don’t worry about me” her right hand crept lazily over his bare torso, brushed over his right nipple and she lay her head on his chest

“Did you check on Ekene?” he asked,

She nibbled on his neck and his excitement heightened “He is fine, sleeping soundly” she caressed his right earlobe and gave the other a seductive bite

“Shit” Gbenga gave out a throaty moan “Mr Puff said you need to rest; you had a rough time”

She turned his head and kissed him fully on the lips “I know love, but what do you say…you help me rest. Fucking you will make relaxed” she moved her waist in a form of a lap dance, grinding his groin. Gbenga reached into her robe and pulled her to him, relishing the soft warm body, his erection threatened to tear his boxers “Gush, I want you so much” she whispered in his ears. She suddenly reached under her, gave his erection a squeeze, fished it out and rubbed it against her clean-shaved flesh

Gbenga moaned loudly “Amaka you are a maniac!”

“I know” she smiled wickedly. Shifting her red thong, she inserted the hard dick into her moist and let out a slight moan. She waited for him to get the feel before she moved hips back and forth in a special kind of dance. With her eyes on his and her lips slightly parted, she rode him; slapping his chest with her breast as she did the dace that would leave him fagged out.

“If I don’t get my hands on that girl, I will make sure you die in the most brutal way”

He has decided to pay the honorable minister a visit, he is a guy that finishes what he started and wouldn’t like being played at. Amaka was his thing to play and the game is done when he said it is done.

“I don’t know what else you want Kenny” Honorable Waribo argued “I know nothing about this girl…I did my part of the bidden, I got her to Canada!” She was scared

“And she is gone!” Kenny hung his left leg on the right, and rested his body on the massive cushion

“How did you find my home!” the woman asked

Kenny gave a cynical smile “You insult me Honorable, this is Port Harcourt” he walked to where she stood and brushed his fingers on her face “I own this town”

She slapped his hand off and darted her eyes round the sitting room “My husband may walk in any moment you fool”

Kenny walked back to his seat “so where is my merchandise? Where is the girl I left in your care?”

“I made sure she got to Canada as promised, my partners took over from me…I didn’t even see any of the girls more than one night!”
Kenny was infuriated “You partners are incompetent, the let her get away and I want her back under my clutch or this whole business will go down in the next few hours”

“I lose nothing if you drag the business, after all I was never visibly part of it…”

“Is that so” Kenny fixed his guess on his well-manicured nails “You really think you are untouchable?” he said suggestively

“Look, all I know is that the girl got to Canada, she got away somehow…”

“Hmm…”

“See, why don’t you get down to the club and find out more about her way about. I don’t know anything more about her”

“You will do that for me, contact who ever and find the girl’s way about” he looked her in the eyes “I will be back”

“I can’t do that!” Honorable Waribo was alarmed

“Don’t want to get your pretty portfolio dirty? Of course, You don’t want to be seen crawling into your ugly whorehouse” he stood up same time a car pulled in to the compound

“Please you have to go now…my husband” Just then, the bald little man came in, Honorable Waribo rushed towards his side and took his briefcase

“How was your day honey” she eyes Kenny who straightened himself and walked toward the couple.

“It’s nice to finally meet you sir” he stretched his hand for and the confused man took it looking from his wife to the young man

“Oh…I am so sorry, my name is Kenny” he stole a glance towards the honorable “My auntie told me so much about you…” the man was more confused but Kenny left him to sort himself out with his wife “It is getting late and my family will be waiting, I will come sometime later” he walked towards the door

“You don’t want to stay for Dinner Kenny?” the Honorable shouted uneasily

“It would have been an honor Aunty” “He coughed the word ‘Aunty’ “But I really have to run, I will come back soon though” with that he stepped out of the house and into the busy street.

Amaka was surprised to meet her husband in the house as she stepped in. he wasn’t dressed up so he must have been at home probably all day “Hi babe” she called out and seat her exhausted self on the couch to lose her shoes “You are early today” It has been two weeks since the day he returned with their son, and she had done well in covering her tracks.

“How was school today?” he asked coldly

“Great!” she avoided his eyes and made to climb the stairs, he followed “Where is Ekene?” she asked

“I took him to the Puffs” he closed the door behind him as he walked in to the room, but he didn’t make any move to walk towards her. “When are you going to tell me about it?” he shocked her

Amaka gradually brought her hands down from her ear ring “Tell you about what?” she faced him

Gbenga fetched a folded paper from his back pocket and threw it at her, she picked it, looked at him and opened it, her eyes widened and her shoulder stiffened

“How could you do this? Why do you have to make a fool of me all the time?” he lashed out. She had never seen him that angry, his eyes flared and his fist tightened “I have done nothing in this relationship than to love you, I scarified for you…everything!” he made a step towards her and she
moved back “I gave up everything Amaka…what did you do? You played with me!”

She shook her head with tears clouded in her eyes “I am sorry Babe, let me explain…”

“I don’t want your explanation!” he screamed “what were you thinking when I drove you up to Vernon? You sat there with me and agreed to register as a student” he stood few inches away from her “I spent that money paying for your classes! I wanted something better for you Amaka, for us!” he was out of control

“I didn’t mean to hurt you…I couldn’t tell you what I wanted…”

“The life never left you, you have always loved to seduce men, to have them gush at your sexiness, to shake your fat behind and hypnotize men” his hot breath fanned her face “I brought you out of there but you couldn’t let go…you love the attention, you craved for it so much that you decided to walk away from a better opportunity!”

His word drove knife into her heart and she sobbed “Gbenga I am sorry, it is not what you think…”

“What is it actually?” he gripped her shoulders “I saw you there, dancing around that man like a cheap prostitute! That white man had his hands all over you” he turned around in frustration “My wife was giving another man a seductive dance!” he turned to her again “I saw the look in his eyes, he was ready to tear your cloths off and have sex with you on that stage”

Amaka lifted her tearful face to him “You…you followed me?”

“How else would I know what my wife has been doing with her time since she hasn’t been seen in school for a long time! I got a mail about your regular absence damn it!”

“Gbenga I swear…what ever you see there is nothing…”

“Don’t you dare tell me what I saw woman, how long has it been” he looked at her in disgust “has he slept with you yet?”

“Gbenga!” she couldn’t take it any more

“How good is he Amaka?” he was hurting

“I swear it was only a dance nothing more! I couldn’t tell you because you wouldn’t understand”

“And now? Did you even consider the son of who I am? Did you consider my reputation and that of my parents? I guess it has always been about you all this while.” He picked a shirt from the wardrobe and made for the door “You are so selfish” he stepped out

Amaka heard the entrance door shut few seconds later

Amaka waited for him to returned until it was midnight, she put on her robe and knocked for her neighbor “I…er…I came for my son”

The old woman brought her torch to Amaka’s face, she turned away “You ‘ve been crying?” she said with concern “What did he do to you?”

Amaka let out the cry that was welling within her, she couldn’t say anything rather she shook her head and kept twisting her fingers nervously

“Come in child” Mrs Puff led her into the moderate furnished sitting room “The boy is sleeping now, his day was filled with lots of activities” the woman handed Amaka a cup “Drink, it will make you feel better” It tasted good and minty as she sipped from the steaming cup “It is my special brew, it relaxes the nerves.” Mrs Puff added

Amaka took a long drink and placed the cup on the table “I deceived him, now he is gone” she said in a subdued tone “His is very angry at me” she felt miserable and I don’t even know where he is, his phone is switched off”

“Oh common, he will be back, he will get himself and come back to you”

Amaka shook her head “I don’t know Mrs Puff, he hates me…he called me a prostitute and…” she sobbed “and accused me of sleeping with another guy, he said some terrible things” she blurted out

Puff took her head and rested it on her old chest, she allowed the young wife cry while telling her mistakes and regrets “We say stupid things when we are angry, things we regret later. I don’t think he meant those words…” Mrs Puff pointed “And he knows nothing about dance, you said he saw you with a man dancing?” Amaka nodded “His definition of dance may be different, that explains why he couldn’t take what he saw”

“I should have told him about it, but I was scared. I have never seen him that way before…”

“That is the point, he has been nice to you” The old woman caressed Amaka’s head “both of you has hurt each other. Would you want me to talk to him when he comes back?

5 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Ann2012(f): 5:54pm On Jun 13, 2020
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by crossfm: 6:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
I don't even know where to start from.she is really dumb to think she will continue to toil the way of deceit.Amaka should have known that she is married now and try to iron out things with her husband.He love her so much, and I can say she is in control of this marriage.All she need to do is use her feminine charm on him and the rest will be history. Hope she won't drive him away from this sweet reunion.

2 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Sharafawizkidayo(m): 9:59am On Jun 14, 2020
this story is gettin really instensed... a good relationship should be based on.
honesty, self respect, muctual understanding. bt if all dis traits is lacking in a relationship. then the relationship wont work... which is obviously happening in the cases of Gbenga and Amaka.
kudos to the writer..
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Episode 30

The rays of the sun thrown from the window as Mrs Puff parted the curtains, permeated into her eye balls, Amaka shielded her face with her hands and turned towards the illumination.

“Arise and shine sleeping beauty” Greeted the old woman cheerfully

Amaka threw the blanket off her body, supported her weight with her elbow “I s he back?” she asked

“Hope you finally got some rest, you slept with your phone on your chest, in the sitting room” Mrs Puff sat beside her and stroked the little boy whose heart rose and fall as he slept soundly “I managed to get you up here, this used to be my son’s room” she said to Amaka

“Thank you, Mrs Puff,” Amaka swallowed hard “Thank you for your sacrifice, I don’t know how to pay you back”

“You owe me nothing child” the old woman held Amaka’s hands “Sacrifices are part of good relationships” Her eyes spoke more meaning than the words, Amaka lowered her gaze “If you love this man so much child, it is time you allow him to become part of your life, give him the chance to feel like the Man he is, let him in”

“I love him Mrs Puff” Amaka sniffled “I love him so much but I don’t know what to do…I am scared I am not the woman he wants; I may never fit into his life…”

“But he found you” Puff reminded her “He knew everything about you and he chose you, you said it wasn’t because of the child” Amaka nodded
“Then his love for you is pure and selfless, you should appreciate that”

“I do Mrs Puff…”

“Yet you are holding back some part of yourself, you are scared of loving him the way he loves you; you have seen him gave up things that mean so much to him and you don’t want to give up something too…”

“What if he realizes I am not good for him? what if he decided to walk away? Or his parents convince him to abandon me again? Dance is my life, it is the only thing I ‘ve got!”

“Is that really the only thing you have or are you trying to hold on to your fear?”

“I don’t understand” Amaka said

“See child, Love is like a gamble, you have to throw a lot of faith in it. it is like that precious Garden in the Bible, which the finder sold every other possession to purchase. I am not saying you should give up your dreams, but when you find that special someone, you should be able to let them become part of your dreams, the vigor in which you pursue and achieve that dream is dependent on it. except you don’t love him at all, you can as well walk away and make name for yourself in your chosen part” Puff smiled up at her

“Gbenga will not understand, he is from a religious background you see? The only son of a Bishop, he would never allow me dance in public not to talk of that kind of dance” Amaka defended

“And what is wrong with your kind of dance?” Mrs Puff walked over the boy whom has awoken and was rubbing his eyes “Come Child, Papa is waiting to read morning papers with you in his study” she led the child out and came back with a steaming cup of tea and a plate of scrambled age “So what is wrong with your kind of dance?” she placed the tray on a small table beside the bed

“They think its dirty, seductive and, and…sinful” Amaka confessed

“they? Or you?” Puff carefully asked and Amaka looked away “Child, what do you think about what you do?” Amaka said nothing “No one will see your dream more than how you see it, if this thing is so beautiful, then convince them until they see it the way you see it…an art!”

“Its going to be difficult, Gbenga…”

“You have to know that no man wants to have another man caressing his woman in the name of a dance” Puff chuckled “So you have to find a balance between your man and your career” Amaka nodded, puff picked the tray and lay it on her laps “You have to make your man see the beauty in what you do, if he must stake more for you…he has to know that it is worth it” Amaka sipped the now lurk warmed tea, Puff Continued “One more thing, this relationship is not only about you so don’t make decisions that will hurt your man and gratify you, also consider him, he is a human too”

Amaka couldn’t tell the woman that she didn’t want to eat anything, the tea tasted like a bitter syrup in her throat and the eggs suddenly didn’t appeal to her “I have to go check if he got back last night” she muttered “I need to talk to him”

“He didn’t come back, I checked this morning” Puff said apologetically “And yes you have to talk things out with him” Amaka wiped the single tear that escaped her eyes and looked away, Puff held her shoulder “Sweetheart, he will come back! I know him”

Amaka took the tray down and left the bed “I have to go wait for him, I want him to see me there when he returns”

“Yes, that is a good Idea” Puff stood with her “Leave the boy here with us, come for him when the both of you are settled”

Last evening, he had driven out to nowhere. He was so broken that he felt he was only imagining that it all happened. His friends would laugh at him so going there would be killing himself, he doesn’t take alcohol but at that moment, he wouldn’t mind soaking his sorrows in it if he could gather the nerve to do so, so he had found himself at the gate of his church; the Christ Love Ministry and had sat on the front pew, alone, gazing at the space and saying nothing.

Gbenga has never cried the way he did last night, not even the time he left his parents for the first time and came to Canada nor when his Auntie died of breast cancer in 2010. Amaka was like the air he breath and it hurt him that one girl could hold so much power over him and still cared less about him.

He felt like a fool, a means to an end, a lamb to be sacrificed for the greater good of her selfish quest. He had tried to blot the image of her with the masculine guy whom she was dancing with, he had seen every look the guy gave her and she seemed to have enjoyed it; she was free, reckless and wild on that stage.

Gbenga admitted he was Jealous, at that moment, he had wanted to strangle the heavily curly haired dance partner and drag her with him back home, but as usual, he had walked away cos he couldn’t stand making her sad, she had that power over him and it made him feel stupid.

“Come onto me all ye that are heavily burdened and I will give you rest” Reverend Jonah had walked up to him. he had patiently listened to his story and had laughed “You don’t change people Gbenga, you allow Jesus to change them”

“Why does love hurt so much?” Gbenga had asked

“It doesn’t, Women are like doves, fragile and delicate, if you hold them down so much…you kill them, let them lose and they fly away”

“So, what do I do, I feel cheated. She used me…”

“No, she didn’t, she has not learnt to trust you yet”

“After all we have been true? I have given so much for her”

“that is the problem, when you see only what you give and holds it against her, you don’t blackmail people to love you with what you did for them…She should be able to have a life even as your wife”

“Sir, what do I do? I don’t want to lose her and…I want more from her”

“Why don’t you quit trying to change her and concentrate in making her trust you enough to share every part of herself with you, forget what people will think, I know how much you want to keep your father’s reputation but…if God led you to this woman, then” Pastor Jonah stood up “God has a reason for it, don’t let your desire get on the way” He waited for Gbenga to stand up but he didn’t “Its late son, are you not going home?”

“No sir, I don’t want to go home now”

“You will not sleep here either” the pastor scanned the church “Come on, you can stay in my house until you are ready to leave, but call her tonight, she may be worried about you”

But he didn’t, he couldn’t get himself to talk to her, not yet, he needed to get his mind together first. As the day broke, he regretted the words he said to her in anger, he had never been that angry for a long time but that wasn’t an excuse, his wife deserved an apology and had also concluded it was time to ask Amaka what she wanted.

Amaka unlocked the door a little disappointed, she was expecting to meet the door unlocked and her husband waiting for her on the couch, but the air of emptiness washed all over her as she stepped into the house. a sob escaped her throat and she squatted in frustration.

“What if he didn’t come back? what if he had moved away and has decided to move on without me?” she muttered. She brought out her phone again and tried his number, it went through but entered on voice mail

“Gbenga…my babe…please come back” she sobbed “I am sorry for not loving you the way I should, I am ready to be your wife…anything you want me to be love I will be that” her voice was broken with emotion “Come back babe please…I don’t know what to do without you” she sniffled “I am lonely Gbenga…I need you…I don’t want to lose you please…”

She threw the phone on the floor and cried. She heard a knock on the door some minutes later and jerked up from where she sat, wiping her eyes hurriedly she walked to the door, opened it and froze

“Hello sweetheart” said the familiar voice that had hunted her.

“Miss me?” He had that wicked smirk on his face.

5 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by skubido(m): 8:26am On Jun 15, 2020
Hope is not that stupid criminal ooo

Thanks for the update
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Samamerc(f): 9:19am On Jun 15, 2020
I hope it not Kenny at the door oh...

Thanks for the update rosy

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Ann2012(f): 11:17am On Jun 15, 2020
Please tell me it's not Kenny oooo

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by cassbeat(m): 11:29am On Jun 15, 2020
Well I think this is where Kenny dies... Abi Rosemary33 how u see am

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by PrudySara(f): 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
.....and Kenny found her. This is not good at all.
Thanks for the update Rosemary33

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by tomic1(m): 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ghost mode deactivated. I don refresh my page tire, Biko come and update o, can't bear d suspense. Nice story I must say. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
PrudySara:
.....and Kenny found her. This is not good at all.

Thanks for the update Rosemary33
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 10:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
I couldn't write yesterday cos my kids are using my all my gadgets for their online classes and midterm tests. They did today also

But I wanted to write tonight and found out my MS office app has expired and need to be updated cry I don't know how to do that myself, so I will have to take it out for someone to help me do it.

However, this story is almost coming to a wrap grin grin, we have few more episodes and we will exhale and drop the pen. I have enjoyed my self writing this and I want to thank you all so much for being here.

"My neighbors wife" is going to be a bomb, very beautiful and engaging story. I still don't know how to tag people, so I will mention the names I remember and you people will help me call others to the party cool cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by divinelypruned(f): 7:32am On Jun 17, 2020
Sip some kunu aya..., ehem, Rosie, am waiting
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Excel1405(f): 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
this storyline is superb and e dey sweet me for my Belle
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 2:29am On Jun 19, 2020
Episode 31

It took him about two weeks to fine her, two miserable weeks of sleepless nights and hopping from one city to another, he had visited pubs and local bars until he stumbled on someone who had finally agreed to know her and was willing take him to the place

“One thousand bucks’ mate and you have ya self a human map to the wench”

He was frustrated, angry and desperate so he had slammed the money on the man’s arm and the man had rewarded him with a toothless smile “I know her, an angry black LovePeddler she is. I got my head almost broken the last time I wanna play with her”

Kenny had half dragged the drunken man to his car last night, and true to his word, he had led him to the girl he had been looking for.

“You don’t want to usher me in my fire girl” Amaka had tried shutting the door on his face but he had wedged it with his strong arms and had pushed back, sending Amaka and the door to the wall. He walked with his chest high, inhaling deeply with satisfaction, he turned towards her and smiled “Aren’t you a lucky little one? You always have the good things of life given to you on a platter” he looked her over “You must have offered him something extra ordinary for him to keep running after you like an idiot” his words lingered “Or he is just a fool who has been ensnared by the sinful pleasure of your pussy” he spat in disgust “Pity…how blind he is”

The trouble he went through to find her paid off; he had come to Canada with only her name and the name of the place she was supposed to be ‘Montreal’

“there is nothing I could have done; a young man came here…threatened me with the law and…” The woman charlotte has shrugged “I had to let her go!”

“No information about this guy, no address?” Kenny had been surprised on the level of calmness that enveloped him at that moment

“Why do I care? He paid her dues and a little extra. But I heard him say he is a lawyer in Armstrong, I guess that is where he resides”

Kenny had been to Canada only three times in his life but had never been to Armstrong, in fact; that was the first time he was hearing of the city. He had wanted to shake that woman so rigorously till she breaks her neck but he had told himself that violence does solve everything,

“Who else knows about her way about? she must have spoken to a friend here” His patient was thinning out.

The woman had shook her head, protruding her red greasy lips like the beak of a bird, then she had lightened her face suddenly “I remember now…another young man came asking some of my girls about same girl after the lawyer left…he later left with one of my girls though”

That was the responds he needed for his quest to be made easier, he had met with the said girl and had gotten the name and the address of the man. However, he realized he didn’t need the other guy after he got to Armstrong as the drunk, he met in the pub gave him all the help he needed

“Why are you here Kennedy? How did you find me?”

His brows arched in surprise at the strength in her voice “You are not scared little girl? You have grown” he moved towards her and she didn’t step back. he stopped few feet away from her “What did he do to you to make you this bold…” he squinted at her

“I am not that naïve girl that you made to run away from family and everything that I hold dear, I am a grown woman now and I will not run from you Kennedy, I am tired”

He was taken aback, like a hard object has been thrown at his face; his astonishment turned to anger, and he gave out a disarming laughter Irrespective of himself. Kenny walked towards the piano and stroke some keys “Daughter of Jezebel” he muttered “How comfortable are you to know that another fool is about to meet his death because of your seductive treachery?” he didn’t move his attention from the piano “But of course you care less, you have always killed the men who were foolish enough to follow your scents…” then he turned and his eyes fell on her, piercing, judging and mocking “Poison Ivy…everything that comes your way withers and dies…” he waited for her to say something but she kept mute, he covered the gap between them and roughly took her face “You killed that boy in school twenty years ago…he didn’t nothing wrong but to fall in love with you…You killed Senator Ovunda with your filthy pathetic sexual antic” he kept shaking her head and breathing on her face while he spoke “the poor dress maker across your street who got caught in your sexual trap, he died five months later…you remember him? you cheap prostitute, you killed him…”

Amaka forcefully disengaged herself from his grip and stepped back “You killed him Kennedy, you killed them all! Omenka was the only boy who could talk to your sick self in school, yet you stabbed him!” she watched his eye darted in fear “I have always know it was you! You killed Emma the dress maker, you pathetic coward!” she pointed a shaky hand at him “ I know you also killed that man at the hotel…you framed me for it because you are sick! you are the monster…you couldn’t stand any man talk to me while you cower whenever you see me” she yelled to his face “you are a pervert, a psycho who needs help!”

His face clouded with anger and something else…something sinister “you call me a cowered” his voice was cold and he tightened his fist but she didn’t care

“I am not scared of you Bastard! You have lurked around me like a dark shadow for a long time, you took everything from me! My life, my happiness, my rest! But not anymore…I will no longer run from you!”

“Are you sure of that? Not even when the life of your son and the fool you call a husband is in the line?” he disarmed her with those words “Tell me fire girl, would you really allow another blood on your hands? Will you allow them to die like the others? Or are they a little price to pay…”

“You can not do anything to them, not any more they are out of your reach now” Amaka secretly prayed that her son or her husband doesn’t enter at the moment. She was yet to find out what Kenny wanted from her, but she would not allow this one happiness to be destroyed by him.

“Whatever I did, I did for you my queen” His voice was suddenly mellowed and his voice as pleading as a vulnerable child “I hear you voice in my head, I knew those men doesn’t deserve you…you made me kill them” he gentle took her hand and gazed upon her like a goddess “You belong to the wind my queen and I want to set you free”

“whatever you did, was for yourself! You killed them because you are evil!” she was tired “what do you want from me Kenny, how do I make you leave me alone”

“You are blind but I will make you see clearly; no man should have you…let me set your free…come with me…” he stretched his hands and withdrew from him

“You are sick, you need help can’t you see? Let me call someone to help you please” she made towards the phone on the table and he came after her, knocking the phone from her hand; he roughly turned her towards him and gave her a deafening slap with the back of his hands, she fell on the floor.

Amaka couldn’t wait to see what he would do next, she crawled on her fours and almost made it towards the stairs when he grabbed one of her legs and pulled her towards him “Don’t you dare walk away from me” his voice was shaky and his eyes bloody, “You will not understand but I am doing this for you, for us, to set you free…” her clamped his hand round her neck and squeezed “You don’t have to see them again, they are distraction to you my queen…it is my duty to set you free”

Amaka kicked and punched till she felt her strength given way to numbness, and her vision became blur.

Gbenga suddenly felt a strange cold shiver and his hairs stood. Hs mother would have gone into prayers once she had similar feelings but he had called it mere women intuition. However, the more he tried to concentrate on what to tell his wife, the more he felt that something was not right.

He stopped at the traffic light and rested his head on the head rest, “Holy spirit” he muttered, when he opened his eyes, the traffic light was yet to turn green, it was as if the light had chosen to take its time that day.

When the line finally moved, he increased his speed and managed to get to his house seven minutes later. The garage was unusually left open, at first, he felt Amaka must be there looking for something, but when he came out of his car and saw no one there, he shook his head, closed the garage and walked towards the front door.

He heard the grunting of a man and the faint moaning of his wife, the sound gave him an unpleasant image in his head and filled him with rage, he made to walk away, but on a second thought, he pushed the door open and barged in.

The man had his hands on his wife’s neck and was muttering some words while he squeezed

“Get away from my wife!” he yelled and rushed towards the bigger man, throwing the man off the limb body, he placed his ears on her chest, called her name severally

“You can have her now” the man laughed victoriously

Gbenga recognized him immediately, but there was no time to wonder how he got there, he roared and dived towards the bigger man, throwing his weight on him, the well skilled Kenny caught Gbenga half way and threw the first punch.

“I should have killed you earlier” he punched Gbenga over and over again, mashing his face with his own blood “You idiot, you will go like the others…” he slammed Gbenga to the wall and allowed him crumbled on the floor, before he walks back to the woman who just stirred

“Don’t you touch her again” Gbenga said weakly
Kenny turned with a glint on his eyes “What will you do? Fight me? You are already dead! And I will gladly end it for you here and now”

Gbenga struggled to his feet again, his face swollen and his body wombled “You are going to let us be and will never bother her again” he managed to say

“I have now seen where Amaka got her folly from, such boldness with no matching strength” he shook his head “What a waste” he dipped his hand in his trouser pocked and produced a pocket knife “Let me help you out of your misery “ he walked towards him, curled one of his hands round

Gbenga’s neck like one would do a friend “Farewell brother” he whispered and with one thrust, he buried the knife in Gbenga’s stomach at the same time Amaka smashed a flower vast on his head.

Kenny staggered with one of his hand on his bleeding head, “You are not supposed to…” was all he could say when Amaka buried a large piece of the broken vast in his temple

“Get out of my life” was the last thing he heard from her.

Gbenga’s breath was shallow and rapid when she got to him “I am so sorry babe…please stay with me…” she cried

“Go get help…” she barely heard him, yet she took his phone from his pocket dialed 911. By the time she dropped the phone, his pause was faint and he could barely see her.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by crossfm: 5:23am On Jun 19, 2020
The devil is finally down.He should take all his baggage and exit the world.
As for gboyega I wish him quick recovery.
Thanks op for the update.
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Ann2012(f): 8:23am On Jun 19, 2020
Good riddance Kenny, go to hell
Pls my Gbenga must be OK
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Adeola25(f): 11:42am On Jun 19, 2020
Kenny is a stupid bastard and a criminal. He must not die now, because he has to pay for all the crimes he committed. Get well soon Gbenga. Thanks for the update ma'am.
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by oloyedprince1(m): 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
great
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by PrudySara(f): 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kenny can die for all I care. But please, nothing should happen to Gbenga. He just can't die.
Thanks for the update ma'am.
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by divinelypruned(f): 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2020
Thanks Rosie for the update.

But this Kenny guy should not die oo, death punishment is not enough to pay for all his evil crimes, the guy should be alive and face all the things he made others pass through.
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by skubido(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2020
Hmmmm

Kenny cup don full patapata

Thanks for the update
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 2:54am On Jun 23, 2020
Episode 32

Amaka wasn’t expecting to see her husband’s parents at the hospital when she arrived there in the afternoon of the next day. She had called them last night after Mark had made her see reasons. “His situation is critical and we don’t know if he would come of this, you have to let them know” Mark had said and so she did.

His mother had picked the call, and both had said nothing for some seconds. How would the news of their son’s critical situation be the first conversation she would have with the older woman after many months of distance between them?

“Who is this?” Pastor mrs Mark had asked indifferently. Amaka wouldn’t blame her for acting as if she didn’t know her voice; maybe she didn’t, maybe she had even lost her number, Amaka was never a daughter but a stranger, a mistake their son had made, a reminder of the past

“It’s me…” Amaka swallowed the lump in her throat “Amaka…err…Gbenga’s wife” there was another few seconds’ awkward silence, “Gbenga has an accident…” the sob that welled withing her busted from her throat “He is at the hospital” he voice broken

“What are you saying? What happened to my son Olodumare! Ah Oko mi!” Amaka heard the woman called out to her husband and in few minutes, the Bishop came on online

“When did this happen?”

It has been four days, four days of fear and uncertainty. The doctor had told them that Gbenga chances of coming out of coma was very slim, his organ was affected and he had lost a lot of blood by the time he was brought to the hospital.

Those four days had made her realize how intertwined their lives have been, the few moments she was at the house, she had felt him so close; behind her, but when she turned, only emptiness greeted her. and just last night, she had knelt on the same spot he always knelt, holding her son she had prayed to his God, “Bring him back please, I promise I will do anything for you…”

She managed a weak smile and greet her parents in-law, only the Bishop reciprocated, but she didn’t notice for the movement on the bed caught her attention “Gbenga” she called out slowly with shock “Gbenga!!” she hurried to his side but stopped by the bed side as she didn’t know what to do with his mother seated with him. Gbenga turned towards her and gave her a weak smile, his eyes held so much love and gratitude

“You said you will pray for a miracle mrs Oluwale” the Doctor said as she closed the door behind her “You have that miracle” The doctor smiled broadly at Amaka.

“Thank you” Amaka threw herself on the young doctor in an embrace “Thank you so much”

“No, thank you for making a believer out of me” the doctor said and gently disengaged herself from the embrace “So how are you feeling Gbenga?”
She walked to the man on the bed “This must be your parents” Her gaze shifted from her patient to the man seated on one of the chairs in the room and the woman seated on the bed “Nice to finally meet you Bishop and Mrs Oluwale…”

“Pastor Mrs Oluwale” Gbenga’s Mother corrected.

The doctor smiled “Pastor Mrs Oluwale” she concurred “Well I will take your vital signs now Gbenga…” she flipped a page of her notepad and uncovered the ball point of her pen with her teeth “After that, we will leave you to rest for a while…” she check his pulse and made a note, checked his wound also “…I guess your beautiful wife can rest as well, she has been worried sick about you…” She concluded her examination and walked towards the door.

“Doctor can I see you for some minutes?” Bishop Mark stood up and walked towards the doctor, His wife also followed them out of the room. Amaka waited for the door to close before she met her husband’s smiling face,

“You look terrible” Gbenga said to her and she chuckled like a little girl “Come here” he offered his hands and she hurried to his side. Careful not to hurt him, she lay on him and sobbed “Oh come on girl…don’t cry…” he laughed

“I thought I have lost you church boy…I didn’t know what to do, I prayed to your God…”

“You prayed?” he eased her away from him, pushed himself up to a sitting position, Amaka placed the pillow at his back and helped him rest his weight on it “So what did you tell him?” a mixture of laughter and grimace masked his face.

“Who?”

“God” He took her hands and she moved closer

“I made him a lot of promises I can’t even remember all now” she held his face and looked into his eyes “I was ready to give him my life if he had asked for it”

He brushed his finger on her cheek and she sobbed “I am going nowhere my love, God knows I love you so much, he will not take me away from you…not yet” he added

“Gbenga” Amaka whispered with the emotions that welled withing her

Gbenga brushed off the beads of tears that rolled down her cheek “I came back that morning to tell you how sorry I am for what I said to you” she wanted to speak but he placed his fingers on her lips “I was such a jerk, an angry jealous husband and I realized how selfish I sounded after I left the house”

She nodded, swallowed hard and sniffled “Where did you go to that night? I waited for you to come home”

And he told him everything “I am so sorry my love, I have never been so jealous about anything in my life like I am about you…”

She hugged him passionately “I am so sorry too babe, I am the one who is selfish and inconsiderate, I shouldn’t have deceived you…and that man…I should have told you about him, but I thought…that I have gotten away from him, I have been scared of him all my life and I didn’t want him close to you or our son…”

“Sweetheart” Gbenga stopped her “I know about him”

“You do? How?”

He held her waist and pushed her closer to him until she was a breath away “I have always known, since that day you left our son at my gate and walked away, I knew something was wrong and I went in search of answers…you friend Rose came through”

“Oh my babe, I am so sorry for all the trouble I caused you”

He was silence for a while, caressing her waist, then he held her head and pushed her face down to hiss, he kissed her passionately “I missed you my wife”

“I missed you so much superman”

“I have to call someone I am entitled to make phone called!” Kenny bellowed as they led him inside the police station “I know my right!” he was grateful to be alive but not a prisoner in a foreign land. He had woken up on a hospital bed with two uniformed men in the room , before he could recall all that happened; his room was filled with uniformed white men, all talking and writing at the same time, three days later, he was led out of the hospital on handcuff, “I demand to speak with my family” he had no family, his heart searched for names, whom he would likely call…who owed him a favor or two and would be capable of getting him out.

“Mr Kennedy” one of the police called him “You are entitled to call your Lawyer” they handed a phone to him

“I don’t know any fucking lawyer! I have to call my family!” he insisted

The police man handed the phone to him “You can demand for a legal aid” he said

Kenny eyes the policeman, took the phone and dialed the one number that came to his mind. The phone rang severally, he was about to give up when it was picked from the other end “His excellency sir…I am in Canada and I am having some problems with the police…I know but you can make a few calls…no no…do something goddamn it! you owe me! You owe me a lot” he looked at the policeman who now looked back at him with scorn, Kenny spoke with a rasp whisper “Look here Mr Governor, I will destroy you if you don’t find a way to…” the line went dead.

His rage clung to him like a heavy cloak, he was never the one to be out of options nor beg for favors, he quickly dialed the second number, but the owner didn’t pick at all

“Do you want to demand for the legal aid now Mr Kennedy?” asked the police man

“Get the Bleep off” he retorted

“Daddy!”

Their son jumped on the bed into his father’s arms. It was Gbenga’s seventh day in the hospital and he felt a lot better “Hei little man, you look great” he punched his son playfully “I missed you buddy”

“Mommy told me you caught the bad guy that came to our house”

Gbenga looked over the boy’s head and smiled at his wife “Yes buddy, he will not be disturbing us again” he blew his woman a kiss “I have missed you so much” his eyes still on his wife,

“Me too daddy, Grandma is in the house” The boy announced and slipped down the bed and busied himself with his father’s phone. Amaka assumed the position near her husband

“How is my mom?” His father had left back to Nigeria two days later, but his mother had stayed back

“She is fine, said she needed to work around the house and get the house ready for your return” Amaka replied

“Typical of my mom” Gbenga fixed his eyes on her plain face “Hope both of you are getting along my love?”

she nodded “Though we have not said much to each other, but I think with time she would come to accept me”

Gbenga pulled her to himself “I know she will like you, once she understands how beautiful you are both inside and out” Amaka nodded again, she really wished to believe him. “You are so beautiful today” he made her blush, then he fetched something from the book that lay on top of the pillow “This is for you”

Amaka took the paper from him and opened it, “Where did you get this?”

“I picked the mail from the box and had read it that same day as I left the house, I had wanted to destroy it, but thank God I changed my mind”
she shook her head and folded the paper “I can’t go there any more babe” she tried to hide her sadness

“Why? Its all you have wanted”

“Not all you wanted Gbenga, I am done with dance. That is what landed us into this in the first place”

Gbenga took the paper from her “you love dancing, you have put so much into it, now its your time to prove all those practices…including the months you deferred academic works…”

“That is the point Babe, I shouldn’t have done that. In fact I have decided to go back to school. I now agree you want the best for me”

Gbenga kissed her forehead “We have to do what is good for both of us from now on. I am so glad that you have decided to attend academic classes, you don’t know how happy that makes me” she smiled “But I also want you to be happy” he allowed her to absorb his words “So I want you to attend that concert”

“But…”

“You are a major force in your team, one of the lead dancers, babe…so I will not stop you from going after what you want this time”

“Are you sure babe?”

“I want nothing more than to watch you wow them that day”

She was short of words “Gbebga!” she hugged him so tight “You understand I will have to resume going for rehearsals…”

“I know that and I think I can manage to contend my jealousy”

She laughed heartedly “Okay babe, what if you come along with me…or…you come over when you close from work…I wouldn’t mind having you watch me”

He feigned seriousness “Hmm, naa…” he shook his head “Though I would have to breeze in ones in a while though, Hei!” he continued “If I catch that white guy undressing you with his eyes again…I will kill him”

6 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Treasurewamiri(f): 7:06am On Jun 23, 2020
Wow! Beautiful, glad to read that Gbenga is getting better and Amaka would be getting back to dance.... Let's see how Kenny would get out of this in a foreign land. Thanks OP
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Ann2012(f): 7:27am On Jun 23, 2020
Kenny can die in prison, he won't be missed
Thank God my Gbenga is alive and well

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Ayanfe29(f): 8:36am On Jun 23, 2020
Op, please, let Kennedy rot in jail. He has caused Amaka a lot of trouble.

Thanks for the update Ma'am

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jewels Of Africa / Letter To My Friend Overseas / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.