Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

How Gbenga Found Love - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Gbenga Found Love (46157 Views)

Lest We Forget, Gbenga Adeboye (1959-2003) Part 1 / I Found Love Again / When I Found Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 11:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
Treasurewamiri:
Deion is a complete Dick. Thanks OP for the update
this made me laugh so hard grin grin grin grin
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 11:07pm On Jun 03, 2020
Next episode comes up tomorrow, I have not finished it yet, kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by skubido(m): 6:47am On Jun 04, 2020
Rosemary33:
Next episode comes up tomorrow, I have not finished it yet, kiss kiss kiss

Thanks a lot OP

U too much
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Nwiboko26(f): 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2020
Welldone sis.am looking forward to more
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Episode 26

Gbenga got to Nigeria two hours later than scheduled. Not that he was bordered anyway, somehow, he was reluctant to go home, he didn’t know how to face his parents, especially his father who had refused to speak to him from the day he told them he was getting married.

You want to get married to a strange woman in a strange land? is that what civilization taught you?” his father was heartbroken “Do not speak to me again if you do this, do not bother coming home

But his mother had always called, she couldn’t stay without asking how he was doing and going on and on about her grandson’s achievements, but she had tactically avoided talking about his marriage, and had never picked nor returned Amaka’s calls.

“Oga where are you going to? I can drop you” said an expecting taxi driver

“Town” Gbenga responded

“Okay, but I will take GRA to get to waterlines first, there was a riot today at Mile one and the government has placed a dusk to dawn curfew on that area”

“Oh” Gbenga muttered. He was already seated in the taxi

“The Governor shut down the popular Ikoku spare-parts market, and it is not going down well with the people”

Gbenga lost interest in the topic, his mind roamed around different issues; Amaka had wanted to come back with him but he had vehemently objected “They will hear me out better if I go alone, you know how the relationship between you and my parents is…”

The truth remained that there was no relationship at all, Amaka had not spoken to the Bishop and his wife for almost eleven years and to make matter worst, she readily “ran off to Canada to get married to their only son” as accused by his mother. His phone beeped and he smiled while reading the message;

‘I guess its too early to tell you how much I am already missing you my church boy, this whole house is filled with your aura yet I crave for your physical presence…

His hands tightened on the phone, how is it possible that he could love a woman unabashedly, every new day had drawn them closer and exposed another beautiful layer of his wife, even his wild sexual desires towards his woman surprised him and somehow made his ashamed. Gbenga had only imagined crazy sex and had also quickly dismissed them from his mind, he wasn’t a saint, he had been drawn to sex explicit movies though it wasn’t a habit, “They defile the spirit” he had always told himself. But with his woman, he had discovered the wild side of him he didn’t know was there, and she was ready to offer her body to be explored by him. “You have succeeded in spoiling me” he had said to her one of the days they made wild love. He still couldn’t get himself to use the word “F*ck” though his wife did use it, “F*ck me senseless my church boy” his wife would say, the word no longer sound dirty, the way her lips curl and her eyes deem when she says “F*ck me” made the word even sexy.

You are already spoilt my love; you were only waiting for a woman to help you discover how spoilt you are” His wife had responded to his accusation. ‘His wife’ what would she be doing at the moment? Probably lying on the bed, on that flimsy red gown and waiting for his reply.

“…let me know when you get home and how the meeting with your parent went. I am praying they understand why we did what we did, please don’t lie to them, we should not build our marriage based on lies, you taught me that…” Gbenga read on. Contrary to what anybody would think, what bounded him and Amaka was beyond self-interest, she had proven to him that the child they had together wouldn’t have been enough to keep her tied to him and he knew it was true. For a thing, he knew she had fought the feeling she had for him; it was difficult for her to admit how much of love she had for him.

“…give our son a very big hug for me, tell him I can’t wait to have him here with us. I love you like there is no tomorrow, my babe
He smiled, he also love her so much that his feared his heart would explode. They were getting closer to his house; he gathered his bags and quickly typed few words to her. “I will never get tired of hearing how much you love me, it sooths me greatly. I love you too my darling

“Oga which one is your house?” the taxi driver asked

“That red big gate after the catholic church over there” he pointed

“Are you related to Bishop?” the driver turned towards him

“I am his son” he gave the driver a smile, but the driver didn’t return the smile.

“His only son? the one that married a prostitute? Omo!” Exclaimed the driver

Gbenga was shocked “Where did you hear that from?”

“Its on facebook and Instagram! So, its true then? How were you able to pull it through? Nawa o”

Gbenga was speechless till they got to their gate. He quietly got down, paid the driver and walked inside the house.

Gbenga met no one in the siting room when he entered, he felt like a strayed sheep who found his way home, he could smell his stench of guilt and wasn’t so sure if he could be able to face the accusing staring eyes of his father when they finally meet,

“Who is there? Gbenga!” He turned towards his mother who stood by the stairs “Gbenga!! Oko mi!!!” the woman hurried down and wrapped him in her arms. He only left few months ago but it felt like he had been away for years and his mother had aged greatly, for the once tall and huge woman seemed short and frail.

“My mother” he hugged the woman passionately; he didn’t know when he wet his face with tears “I have missed you so much mother” he sobbed

“Omo mi….”

“Iya mi….”

Mother and son sobbed some more before Mrs Mark pulled herself away from her son “you didn’t tell us you were coming” she sniffed and wiped her face “I would have made Ewedu for you” she smiled awkwardly

“Mami” Gbenga smiled back “I didn’t want to disturb you, I wasn’t sure”

“Nonsense” his mother cut in “When have you started disturbing me your mother?”

“What of Papa?” he asked while his mother led him to his room

“He is upstairs, he had refused to go anywhere since the news of your wedding” His mother was careful, it was obvious she didn’t want to discuss his wedding. She pushed the door open and they stepped into his room, his son was sleeping on his bed peacefully. “He had refused to sleep anywhere else since you left” referring to the little boy, Gbenga’s heart melted on seeing his son after a long time.

“He has grown so big” he muttered with pride

“You have not seen him for a while now, that’s why you think he has grown”

Gbenga observed the sleeping boy for a while, he then turned to his mother “I want to see Baba mi”

“Take your time son, both of you has a lot to talk about, don’t rush it. take your bath and come for your dinner first” his mother left.

But he couldn’t feel at home without seeing his father, as he dried his body, he knew his mother must have told his father about his arrival, for he heard his father cleared his throat repeatedly from the room adjacent to his. Gbenga threw a shirt on his boxer short and went to his father’s door.

He knocked softly, waited for an answer but none came. He knocked again, this time louder, when he didn’t get any responds, he pushed the door open and walked in.

“My son has learned how to knock before entering my room, a lesson he didn’t learn all the years he was with me” his father stood by the window, without looking at his son.

Gbenga walked towards the old man and prostrated before him “Baba mi” he had his whole frame on the ground and didn’t make any attempt to get up

“I was afraid you would also forget the ways of our land, so you do remember how we greet elders” he father said with out reaching out to his son “A son that forgets that we have our ways of marrying, who ran off with a strange woman to a strange land, a son that has already declared himself fatherless” he cleared his throat “What is he doing here again?”

“Baba, I came home, to you my father” he was still on the floor

“I have restrained myself severally from calling you a bastard” commented the Bishop

“Ah baba! Olorun maje! I have a father, though I have wronged him greatly, I am ready to accept any punishment giving to me by him” His father didn’t talk for a while.

Dide, get up, son of my strength”

Gbenga humbly stood “Eshe ba mi

Joko” his father ushered him to sit beside him on the bed “Where is the woman? Did you send her away?”
By the time he left his father’s room, he was light hearted and happy. “A father can not be angry towards his son for a long time, I forgave you long time ago. Bring your wife home, let us marry her according to our tradition and I will bless you two properly” his father had said to him.

Truly, God answers prayers, one of his fears has been taken away and he couldn’t wait to share it with Amaka. He met his mother in his room when he entered, they didn’t need to say much, the smile on his face revealed the answer his mother sort for.

“I have been praying for this to happen, the lord has restored our joy again”

“Yes mama”

“We were wrong too Gbenga, we led that girl away from the fold, we left her to be taken by the enemy. I think the lord predestined this day for us to realize our mistakes and make amends”

Gbenga embraced his mother “Thank you mama, I am so glad all this is over”

“You have to convince you father to assume his responsibility in the church once again, he stripped himself of every administrative obligation and had refused to preach, he felt he is not worthy to lead the church since he couldn’t control his own son”

His mother left after few hours and he got into bed after speaking with Amaka, he felt her joy and it made him want to hold her so close while they speak to heaven together. He knew he would then love his wife with no iota of guilt or fear of rejection, their union which seemed forbidden has been accepted by his parents.

“Daddy?” his son called out with surprise

“Hey buddy” he smiled down at the boy who widened his eyes and jumped on him “Its me baby, it’s daddy”

Gbenga started the next morning with jogging round the neighborhood, it had rained earlier that morning and he couldn’t resist the urge to step out and feel the drizzle on his face. He was greeted with cheerful faces and silent snares from neighbors and he understood why. “The prodigal son is back” they must be saying in their hearts but he cared little, they probably didn’t understand.

He didn’t blame then either, a preacher’s son was not supposed to be equally yoked with an unbeliever, “What was he looking for in a club? Going to look for a lost soul is just an excuse for the young man to satisfy his sexual fantasy” Gbenga had read it all, the blog that was notorious for sniffing out private lives and peddling mixture of truth and lies. His story was a sensation which has not died down, no wonder his father couldn’t whether it, it was too much for his ministry.

Gbenga reduced his movement to a walk as he approached his street, he saw the house keeper with his son Ekene, in front of the house, a hawker had set down her wares in front of them and Bridget their house keeper was engrossed with haggling price with the hawker. A car halted in front of them and he saw a hand waved at his son and his son ran to who ever was in the car.

Gbenga picked his step but before he could get to his son, the clean red Hunda Accord had driven away.

“Daddy!” the boy ran to him with a smile

“Hi buddy, who was that guy in the car?” Gbenga still had his eyes on the road, with the car no longer in sight

“He is my uncle” the boy was excited

Gbenga looked from his son to the road “Your Uncle? Do I know him?”

“He said he is mommy’s brother; I think you may know him”

“Does Grandma know him?”

“I don’t know, he has never come inside the house” the child lowered his gaze “He is always in a hurry” he brightened his face again “But he asked if you are back, he said he will come to see you someday”

“How many times have you seen this uncle?”

“Plenty of times dad”

Gbenga was alarmed, he squatted and held his son “See son, I don’t know any of your mother’s brother so you should be careful. If this man has refused to come see you grannies then he is still a stranger, and you have to be careful around strangers”

The boy looked at his father remorsefully “I am sorry Daddy”

“Its okay buddy, but promise me you will no longer see that man or anybody again without first telling me or your grannies”

The house keeper walked towards them with the Akamu she bought, “Sir, Good morning sir”

“Do not ever let this boy out of your sight again if you must take him with you anywhere” he took his boy’s hand and they walked in.

7 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by oyinella(f): 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
Thanks for the update Rosie

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Saintidee: 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
Rosemary33:
Episode 26

Gbenga got to Nigeria two hours later than scheduled. Not that he was bordered anyway, somehow, he was reluctant to go home, he didn’t know how to face his parents, especially his father who had refused to speak to him from the day he told them he was getting married.

You want to get married to a strange woman in a strange land? is that what civilization taught you?” his father was heartbroken “Do not speak to me again if you do this, do not bother coming home

But his mother had always called, she couldn’t stay without asking how he was doing and going on and on about her grandson’s achievements, but she had tactically avoided talking about his marriage, and had never picked nor returned Amaka’s calls.

“Oga where are you going to? I can drop you” said an expecting taxi driver

“Town” Gbenga responded

“Okay, but I will take GRA to get to waterlines first, there was a riot today at Mile one and the government has placed a dusk to dawn curfew on that area”

“Oh” Gbenga muttered. He was already seated in the taxi

“The Governor shut down the popular Ikoku spare-parts market, and it is not going down well with the people”

Gbenga lost interest in the topic, his mind roamed around different issues; Amaka had wanted to come back with him but he had vehemently objected “They will hear me out better if I go alone, you know how the relationship between you and my parents is…”

The truth remained that there was no relationship at all, Amaka had not spoken to the Bishop and his wife for almost eleven years and to make matter worst, she readily “ran off to Canada to get married to their only son” as accused by his mother. His phone beeped and he smiled while reading the message;

‘I guess its too early to tell you how much I am already missing you my church boy, this whole house is filled with your aura yet I crave for your physical presence…

His hands tightened on the phone, how is it possible that he could love a woman unabashedly, every new day had drawn them closer and exposed another beautiful layer of his wife, even his wild sexual desires towards his woman surprised him and somehow made his ashamed. Gbenga had only imagined crazy sex and had also quickly dismissed them from his mind, he wasn’t a saint, he had been drawn to sex explicit movies though it wasn’t a habit, “They defile the spirit” he had always told himself. But with his woman, he had discovered the wild side of him he didn’t know was there, and she was ready to offer her body to be explored by him. “You have succeeded in spoiling me” he had said to her one of the days they made wild love. He still couldn’t get himself to use the word “F*ck” though his wife did use it, “F*ck me senseless my church boy” his wife would say, the word no longer sound dirty, the way her lips curl and her eyes deem when she says “F*ck me” made the word even sexy.

You are already spoilt my love; you were only waiting for a woman to help you discover how spoilt you are” His wife had responded to his accusation. ‘His wife’ what would she be doing at the moment? Probably lying on the bed, on that flimsy red gown and waiting for his reply.

“…let me know when you get home and how the meeting with your parent went. I am praying they understand why we did what we did, please don’t lie to them, we should not build our marriage based on lies, you taught me that…” Gbenga read on. Contrary to what anybody would think, what bounded him and Amaka was beyond self-interest, she had proven to him that the child they had together wouldn’t have been enough to keep her tied to him and he knew it was true. For a thing, he knew she had fought the feeling she had for him; it was difficult for her to admit how much of love she had for him.

“…give our son a very big hug for me, tell him I can’t wait to have him here with us. I love you like there is no tomorrow, my babe
He smiled, he also love her so much that his feared his heart would explode. They were getting closer to his house; he gathered his bags and quickly typed few words to her. “I will never get tired of hearing how much you love me, it sooths me greatly. I love you too my darling

“Oga which one is your house?” the taxi driver asked

“That red big gate after the catholic church over there” he pointed

“Are you related to Bishop?” the driver turned towards him

“I am his son” he gave the driver a smile, but the driver didn’t return the smile.

“His only son? the one that married a prostitute? Omo!” Exclaimed the driver

Gbenga was shocked “Where did you hear that from?”

“Its on facebook and Instagram! So, its true then? How were you able to pull it through? Nawa o”

Gbenga was speechless till they got to their gate. He quietly got down, paid the driver and walked inside the house.

Gbenga met no one in the siting room when he entered, he felt like a strayed sheep who found his way home, he could smell his stench of guilt and wasn’t so sure if he could be able to face the accusing staring eyes of his father when they finally meet,

“Who is there? Gbenga!” He turned towards his mother who stood by the stairs “Gbenga!! Oko mi!!!” the woman hurried down and wrapped him in her arms. He only left few months ago but it felt like he had been away for years and his mother had aged greatly, for the once tall and huge woman seemed short and frail.

“My mother” he hugged the woman passionately; he didn’t know when he wet his face with tears “I have missed you so much mother” he sobbed

“Omo mi….”

“Iya mi….”

Mother and son sobbed some more before Mrs Mark pulled herself away from her son “you didn’t tell us you were coming” she sniffed and wiped her face “I would have made Ewedu for you” she smiled awkwardly

“Mami” Gbenga smiled back “I didn’t want to disturb you, I wasn’t sure”

“Nonsense” his mother cut in “When have you started disturbing me your mother?”

“What of Papa?” he asked while his mother led him to his room

“He is upstairs, he had refused to go anywhere since the news of your wedding” His mother was careful, it was obvious she didn’t want to discuss his wedding. She pushed the door open and they stepped into his room, his son was sleeping on his bed peacefully. “He had refused to sleep anywhere else since you left” referring to the little boy, Gbenga’s heart melted on seeing his son after a long time.

“He has grown so big” he muttered with pride

“You have not seen him for a while now, that’s why you think he has grown”

Gbenga observed the sleeping boy for a while, he then turned to his mother “I want to see Baba mi”

“Take your time son, both of you has a lot to talk about, don’t rush it. take your bath and come for your dinner first” his mother left.

But he couldn’t feel at home without seeing his father, as he dried his body, he knew his mother must have told his father about his arrival, for he heard his father cleared his throat repeatedly from the room adjacent to his. Gbenga threw a shirt on his boxer short and went to his father’s door.

He knocked softly, waited for an answer but none came. He knocked again, this time louder, when he didn’t get any responds, he pushed the door open and walked in.

“My son has learned how to knock before entering my room, a lesson he didn’t learn all the years he was with me” his father stood by the window, without looking at his son.

Gbenga walked towards the old man and prostrated before him “Baba mi” he had his whole frame on the ground and didn’t make any attempt to get up

“I was afraid you would also forget the ways of our land, so you do remember how we greet elders” he father said with out reaching out to his son “A son that forgets that we have our ways of marrying, who ran off with a strange woman to a strange land, a son that has already declared himself fatherless” he cleared his throat “What is he doing here again?”

“Baba, I came home, to you my father” he was still on the floor

“I have restrained myself severally from calling you a bastard” commented the Bishop

“Ah baba! Olorun maje! I have a father, though I have wronged him greatly, I am ready to accept any punishment giving to me by him” His father didn’t talk for a while.

Dide, get up, son of my strength”

Gbenga humbly stood “Eshe ba mi

Joko” his father ushered him to sit beside him on the bed “Where is the woman? Did you send her away?”
By the time he left his father’s room, he was light hearted and happy. “A father can not be angry towards his son for a long time, I forgave you long time ago. Bring your wife home, let us marry her according to our tradition and I will bless you two properly” his father had said to him.

Truly, God answers prayers, one of his fears has been taken away and he couldn’t wait to share it with Amaka. He met his mother in his room when he entered, they didn’t need to say much, the smile on his face revealed the answer his mother sort for.

“I have been praying for this to happen, the lord has restored our joy again”

“Yes mama”

“We were wrong too Gbenga, we led that girl away from the fold, we left her to be taken by the enemy. I think the lord predestined this day for us to realize our mistakes and make amends”

Gbenga embraced his mother “Thank you mama, I am so glad all this is over”

“You have to convince you father to assume his responsibility in the church once again, he stripped himself of every administrative obligation and had refused to preach, he felt he is not worthy to lead the church since he couldn’t control his own son”

His mother left after few hours and he got into bed after speaking with Amaka, he felt her joy and it made him want to hold her so close while they speak to heaven together. He knew he would then love his wife with no iota of guilt or fear of rejection, their union which seemed forbidden has been accepted by his parents.

“Daddy?” his son called out with surprise

“Hey buddy” he smiled down at the boy who widened his eyes and jumped on him “Its me baby, it’s daddy”

Gbenga started the next morning with jogging round the neighborhood, it had rained earlier that morning and he couldn’t resist the urge to step out and feel the drizzle on his face. He was greeted with cheerful faces and silent snares from neighbors and he understood why. “The prodigal son is back” they must be saying in their hearts but he cared little, they probably didn’t understand.

He didn’t blame then either, a preacher’s son was not supposed to be equally yoked with an unbeliever, “What was he looking for in a club? Going to look for a lost soul is just an excuse for the young man to satisfy his sexual fantasy” Gbenga had read it all, the blog that was notorious for sniffing out private lives and peddling mixture of truth and lies. His story was a sensation which has not died down, no wonder his father couldn’t whether it, it was too much for his ministry.

Gbenga reduced his movement to a walk as he approached his street, he saw the house keeper with his son Ekene, in front of the house, a hawker had set down her wares in front of them and Bridget their house keeper was engrossed with haggling price with the hawker. A car halted in front of them and he saw a hand waved at his son and his son ran to who ever was in the car.

Gbenga picked his step but before he could get to his son, the clean red Hunda Accord had driven away.

“Daddy!” the boy ran to him with a smile

“Hi buddy, who was that guy in the car?” Gbenga still had his eyes on the road, with the car no longer in sight

“He is my uncle” the boy was excited

Gbenga looked from his son to the road “Your Uncle? Do I know him?”

“He said he is mommy’s brother; I think you may know him”

“Does Grandma know him?”

“I don’t know, he has never come inside the house” the child lowered his gaze “He is always in a hurry” he brightened his face again “But he asked if you are back, he said he will come to see you someday”

“How many times have you seen this uncle?”

“Plenty of times dad”

Gbenga was alarmed, he squatted and held his son “See son, I don’t know any of your mother’s brother so you should be careful. If this man has refused to come see you grannies then he is still a stranger, and you have to be careful around strangers”

The boy looked at his father remorsefully “I am sorry Daddy”

“Its okay buddy, but promise me you will no longer see that man or anybody again without first telling me or your grannies”

The house keeper walked towards them with the Akamu she bought, “Sir, Good morning sir”

“Do not ever let this boy out of your sight again if you must take him with you anywhere” he took his boy’s hand and they walked in.

Thanks for the lengthy update...
I love the way you write, I have been following the story with rapt attention and you have never stopped to wow me with every single episode.
Thanks dear

3 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Samamerc(f): 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2020
Saintidee:

Thanks for the lengthy update...
I love the way you write, I have been following the story with rapt attention and you have never stopped to wow me with every single episode.
Thanks dear

I am honored. Thank you for reading, I appreciate you so much

2 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by PrudySara(f): 11:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
Wow! The update is long, and I like it grin
Thanks for the update, Rosemary33

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Nwiboko26(f): 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
Well-done dear.am really enjoying the story.

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Ann2012(f): 12:54am On Jun 06, 2020
Thanks for the lengthy episode

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Sharafawizkidayo(m): 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
thanks for the update! kudos to you.

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2020
Episode 27

He sat on the large sized bed in what he could identify as the Governor’s room in the upper floor of the palacelike building. The whimpering of the middle-aged woman tied to the bed made him madder. Kenny didn’t expect to deal with a woman in this mission, he had come for the kill and it was the Governor’s head that he came for. The woman thudded again, trying to free herself from the rope which has dug into her yellow supple skin, turning the area where the rope curled red “Bleep!” Kenny fumed, he searched his hang bag and came out with a hard small ball and a mastic tape, striding towards the sobbing woman, he forced the ball inside her mouth and stuck her mouth shut with the tape “That will keep you fucking quiet” he said harshly.

When Allies turn foes, it was good to end the relationship in his own way, and Keny would not allow this one powerful; ally turned foe to slip away. He looked at the woman again; he was meeting her for the third time since her husband assumed office, the first time was on a political rally and the second was on the burial of senator Ovunda, she was a woman who enjoyed her quiet life and she had hidden so well that one would think the Governor was a widower.

“Your husband is a punk, a fucking idiot” he said to the woman who looked at him with a mixture of surprise and plea. Her beauty was obvious, “He thinks a thousand fucking Nigerian army can stop me from getting to him” He laughed hysterically. The timing was right, the Governor was in Abuja for a dual purpose, he had a governors’ forum meeting and that night was their wedding anniversary. Although he had though he would meet the Governor instead of his wife, he had come with a huge dose of the same vial they had wanted to kill him with.

Kenny dialed the number again with no answer, a cacophony of emotions assailed him, raw and unbridled anger, he rushed to the woman and spoke to her face, pressing her temple so hard “I have an unfinished business with your husband, and if he continues ignoring my calls, I will kill you and make sure he get a chunk of your flesh deliver to him where ever he is hiding” his warm breath fanned her face and she turned her face side to side to free her head from his hold.

Kenny left her and punched the numbers again angrily, he was sure the Governor would get the message, few minutes later, his phone rang and he gave out a cynical smile before he placed the phone on his ears.

“Glad I could get your attention now” he said calmly

It was the first Governors forum he was attending after he had emerged winner from the past gubernatorial election, yet his couldn’t concentrate. The frequent distraction from his aid who would come with his phone and whisper in his ear, had began to draw the attention of others to him, “answer the damn phone and tell the caller I am not available” his tone had bellied his displeasure to the intrusion, the first time his aid came to him with the phone, “…or switch the damn thing off!” he had said in a rasp hoarse whisper, but his aid kept coming back and whispering to him on how important the call was “the caller sent a message sir, it is about her excellency” Dickson had grabbed the phone from his aid and scanned through the message, he gasped audibly and apologized to the members of the forum for the embarrassment, he pushed his large frame away from the round table and walked briskly out of the mini-hall, knocking his chair down in the process.

His wife and kids were not supposed to be in the house at that time, they agreed she and the kids would be going to the airport, he would meet them up before their flight leaves for Dubai, what was she still doing in that house? and one nagging question that churned his stomach was how the bastard bypassed all the security in his newly acquired Abuja mansion to get into his bed room;

“Your wife is with me on your bed, in your well-furnished bedroom, she will be a dead meat in the next few minute, you know I don’t joke with my mission” the message had read.

Dickson wondered what mission Kenny was referring to, as far as he was concerned, he did cut off every tie he had with Kenny, destroyed evidences
“And where the hell is Amadi? Is this mad man not supposed to be dead?” he muttered, caring less if anyone overheard him. he dialed Amadi’s number and it rang severally without being picked, he punched on the wall and walked towards the only window at the corridor of the Hotel which served as the venue for their meeting, he gathered his Agbada, folded it in between his thighs and dialed Kenny’s number

“Listen…do not touch my family, are you hearing me?” the governor looked behind him to see two attendants going inside the meeting venue, he held the phone so close to his mouth and whispered loudly “I will make sure you are dead a thousand times if anything happens to my family…”
A contemptuous laugh erupted from the other end of the line “empty threat…toothless buffoon…”

Governor Dickson took off his cap and fanned himself with it, no; the atmosphere wasn’t hot, the split unit air condition on the corridor was capable of freezing any normal human being to death, but Governor Dickson wasn’t normal at the moment, beads of sweat had formed on his face, neck and palm. “See…what do you want!”

“Nothing” the voice mocked him

“What do you mean nothing, you have my wife with you…so tell me what is it you want from me, is it money? I can give you any amount so you can settle in any country of your choice”

“Your excellency sir, my mission is simple. Just to deliver the same package you sent to me few weeks ago”

“What are you talking about, you mad man, I didn’t send any package to you!”

“Whoa! Your excellency, let me rattle your brain a little; my camera got missing few days after one Amadi met a lady who comes to my house, same little lady came to my house with a bottle of batrachotoxin”

“I swear in the name of God, I don’t know about any of this…wait…what of my children?” the governor ran his hand on his head, he was almost closed to tears “Please don’t do this to me…I will give you anything…”

“I am taking what I want your excellency, it’s a pity she had to take your place, but then…you will always get yourself another woman. And so you know, your hitman is dead”

That same day, the death of the first lady make the headline news, “She poisoned herself and left a suicide note while her husband was in a meeting” the news would read and the camera would show a devastating husband and children. While the perpetrator would be in the belly of peace airline, headed for Port Harcourt to take care of one more issue.

“Daddy! Daddy!!” Ekene tugged on his father while pointing at a man who had already mixed with the crowd and was about to disappear “Daddy!!! Its Uncle, mommy’s brother”

Gbenga turned sharply “Where?” he tilted his head to the direction of his sons’ finger and was able to catch a glimpse of the man walking away briskly “Are you sure?”

The crowd was mammoth and people behind then on the line was beginning to complain loudly, Gbenga snatched two tickets from the attendants, ignored the attendant who called after him for his change and dragged his son along in a hurry.

It was one of those weekends when one wouldn’t want to visit Port Harcourt pleasure park because of the crowd, and to top the misery, the sun was on revenge comeback “Did he see you? What did he say to you son?” Gbenga still had his eyes scanning the crowd

“He waved at me, I told him to come over but he walked away”

“Is he wearing a black jean and a Tshirt?”

“Yap, an Ash Tshirt”

“Wait here, do not move from here for any reason, and if this man comes to you don’t follow him anywhere, scream”

“Where are you going dad”

“To look for this guy, I have to warn him not to mess around my son”

Gbenga gave his son another look and disappeared in the crowd, he didn’t know the face to look out for, and it was stupid of him to think there would be only one person wearing a black jean and a Tshrit. He rebuked himself for acting so foolishly, stood for a while and walked back to where he left his son.

He was amused looking at Gbenga ran off like a dunce, “What kind of father leaves his son in search of someone he has never met before?” he thought.

Allowing Gbenga see his trail was part of the plan, and like all of them; the poor father fall for it, he ceased the moment and made his move. If everything would walk out as planned, the boy would be at his custody any minute, he would give the devastated father time to search for his son before he would make the call and state his terms. In less than a week, he would be able to take care of his problems in Nigeria and would head to Canada to end the whole drama.

“Hello little one” he smiled to the boy

“Daddy said I shouldn’t talk to you”

Kenny was taken aback “Is that so? Why did he say that?” he feigned concern

“You are a total stranger; my daddy has never heard of you before”

“Oh, that hurts” Kenny chuckled “Well, that is because daddy has been away for a long time…”

“And you? Where have you been? You never visited mommy”

“No…I have also been away” the kid was beginning to wear him out “You know, I actually came here to take you to daddy…”

“Daddy said I shouldn’t move an inch” the kid cut in

“But he is the one that sent me…he is over there buying ice cream and I met her there…we talked…he said I should come and get you”

“You don’t even know my father!” the boy was insistent.

Gbenga saw him again, his heart summersaulted as the man gripped his son and tried forcing the child to move with him “Hei!” he shouted and picked his steps “Hei!!! get your hands off my son!!!” he bellowed

Kenny got a full glace of the man who had decided to entangle himself in the whole drama, before he hurried away. With the crowd there, and the attention they had already drawn, it would have been a bad idea to take the child, he quickly entered inside his care drove off with speed.

“Such a small fry” he muttered as he drove pass father and son

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Samamerc(f): 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wow... Nice one rosy
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Adeola25(f): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2020
What ever a man sow, he shall reap. I just pity the children of the governor. And you too, Mr.Kenny, the murderer and the kidnapper you would soon meet your end. Well done Rosemary.

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Ann2012(f): 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kenny should just die Jare

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by skubido(m): 6:11am On Jun 08, 2020
Make Kenny no pass im lane ooo

Thanks for the update
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by PrudySara(f): 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2020
What exactly does Kenny want??
Thanks for the update
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Ann2012(f): 6:30pm On Jun 10, 2020
PrudySara:
What exactly does Kenny want??

Thanks for the update

He's just a sick psycho
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by PrudySara(f): 2:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
Mbok, He should die already
Ann2012:

He's just a sick psycho

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Ann2012(f): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2020
PrudySara:
Mbok, He should die already

That one is certain, pretty soon

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Chibuking1402(m): 5:37pm On Jun 11, 2020
Thanks for yet another scentilating update... keep it coming, more power to your elbow
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
Episode 28.

Dancing has never been so confusing yet so exciting, in Nigeria, learning and perfecting her moves where not that difficult, she did not have to stay up all night learning some few body movements only to get to school to feel like a polar bear in a tropical land. Amaka stepped down from the bus, with her backpack and a headset that crossed over her head;, she hummed ‘a million dreams’ from the movie “The greatest showman” which she had danced to earlier in class, as she walked casually along the road that led to her street.

The decision to start music and dance class was a difficult one; first she didn’t know how to convince Gbenga that she had no interest in going to college and getting a certificate, she lost that interest many years ago when she had to take care of her pregnancy and her mother, she had found another desire which has grown stronger as the years go by.

Dance had found her from the street and the street had taught her the much she knew, luckily; she was a fast learner. when she took her first job as a cook in a local bar, the only job she could afford in her pregnant state, she would steal some time to watch musicals on the only television that hung on the wall which has been stripped of its paints. Like a video recorder; her brain would take in as much dance steps as possible and she would wait till she get home to try them out.

Amaka waved at her white neighbor, carefully climbed the three steps that led to their front door, she clung her teeth and grimaced as thousand painful jabs assailed her toes and travelled up her waist, sending shock signals to her brain,

“Are you Okay?” her neighbor asked from her lawn

“Yea, sure…” she managed a smile and the neighbor looked away in disbelief

Her body was sore, and it felt as if she had thorns under her feet, it looked like the closer she got to her house, the severe the pains, she couldn’t wait to remove her flat sandals and soak her feet in a cold water. Amaka balanced her bag on her raised knee, got her keys out and opened the door.

Nija hip-up moves and contemporary dance was the first to captivate her, even when her mother was still alive, she would sneak out with friends to go to shows where they would be paid five-thousand naira, to be shared by about twelve of them. In such times; they were most grateful as they were only giving puff-puff and drinks most cases. Those where the days when she was able to hide her pregnancy. It was not until she gave birth and was able to get the job at the bar that erotic dance moves caught her attention, and the television on the wall of the bar became her teacher.

Amaka carefully pulled her shoes off and gave a sigh of relief, she gently ran her fingers on her sore toes, this gave her a painful-sweet sensation and she moaned.

“To make it big in this career, you don’t have to limit yourself” her dance instructor had said to her “know a little about every move, only them can you be able to incorporate all the genres to produce your own unique style” it made so much sense to her

So instead of pole dancing alone; she had registered for contemporary jazz also “You have mastered some basics in pole dancing…you are good though there are still some rough edges that needs to smoothen, that I can help you with time…” her instructor was a curvy black woman, “pole dancing is an act, you don’t approach it with stiffness, allow the rhythm of your body take over…approach the pole with grace…find your balance…” she would say, unlike her jazz instructor who was always looking as if he had a fight before coming to class.

The clock announced the time, jerking her up from her near slumber. She yawned, picked her shoes and walked inside the room. as she brought out her ballet shoes, sniffed them before she dropped them she wondered what Gbenga would think of her if he finally got to know that she had only turned up for her studies only twice, and had been spending all her study days at the Vernon steps dance academy. She had sighted the dance school same day her husband took her to the collage and had waited for him to drive off before she turned toward the opposite side of the prestigious Okanagan Collage where she was supposed to start a program on gender studies.

She shook her head as she sat in the cold bath and closed her eyes, she was scared of what he would think of her, he had already stated his stand the day she subtly brought up the issue;

“why did you go into strip dancing?” he had called it the name that was popular in Nigeria, and she had told him her story

“What will you do if I decide to go into dancing again?” she had summoned courage to ask

“I don’t have any problem if you dance your soul out here with me” he had responded.

That was all she needed to know how he felt about her dancing publicly again. so she had hidden her plans from him, she would keep silent about it for now, but deep down, she knew it won’t be long, he would found out her lies.

She had her yellow towel round her and was combing her heir when her phone vibrated, she abandoned the comb, lay on the bed and placed the phone on her ear

“my girl” his tone was low with a touch of breathiness; she imagined the look in his eyes it was as if he was very close to her

“My church boy” she swung her leg side to side

“How was your day girl?”

She would want to tell him the truth about her day, how her body aches, sharing her experience with him would have mean so much “Very well, I am missing you terribly” she said rather

“Hmm…what are you missing about me?”

“I am lonely” she sucked

he gave out a rich luxury laughter “I may go crazy if I stay here one more night without you”

“Oh Gbenga, you have you way of making me want you” she gave her lower lips a mild bite “I was about to sleep after a long bath”

“hmm…that means you are warm down there, I wish I could get my hand on you right now, I will make you gush warm cream on my dick” he chuckled “I like looking at you face when you climax, the expression you make is always heavenly”

“Oh babe, stop please” she sucked in air through her teeth “I want nothing more than for you to have a taste of the slurpy cream” she transferred the phone to the right ear and lay on her back, clamping her laps together as if trying to stop the tingling in her honeypot “When are you coming back?”

“Tomorrow babe, next tomorrow”

“I can’t wait” She hit her toes against the wall and moaned painfully

“Are you okay?” came his concern from the other end of the phone

“Hmm, yes…I have a cut on my toes, er…on my way back from school” she stuttered

Her deceit choked her, and guilt dug into her heart like a claw. “Babe…I have something to tell you” she cleared her through. Amaka heard the bed cracked as he shifted from one position to another.

“What is it?” he asked “Are you okay?”

Amaka decided instantly against telling him, it would be better for them both. She would find a better time to break the news and wait for the worst

“I am fine…you are coming back tomorrow right?”

“Yes”

“It can wait then; I will tell you when we are together”

He absorbed her responds before he spoke “Are you pregnant?”

This made her laugh and he joined her “You will be the first to know if I am” she unconsciously rubbed her palm on her stomach and really wished she was, maybe it would propitiate his anger when he finally found out the secret she bore. “I miss you” not just his presence but his consent “And I am scared”

“Why? The battle is over my love, my parents are good with our union, what else can we ask for?”

Amaka wished she could be the wife he wanted, a woman that would fit into his life. She has never been that woman to settle for pious religious boundaries, she was a lie and she was tired of trying to hide.

“Nothing” she sniffed “I’ve got everything in you” she whispered

Their conversation didn’t end the perfect way he wanted. For the four nights he had been away, Gbenga had looked forward for the phone moments with his wife, her voice and her laughter. The crazy things she says about sex between them, she would turn him on and would leave him crutching his groin and biting his lips. As he pulled the duvet up to cover his son, he wondered what happened to his woman, she suddenly had gone cold on him.

He wanted to dismiss his fear as he removed his robe and lay on the bed, with his hands supporting his head and his exposed torso enjoying the night breeze that came from the slightly opened window, but he got a hint from her voice when she said she was scared, and it made his stomach knot.

He didn’t tell her about his encounter with the strange man earlier, he didn’t want to scar her. Gbenga turned towards his son, adjusted his pillow and brushed his cheek before he turned to his side and heaved. His decision to leave for Canada tomorrow was partly because of the encounter, but his mother wouldn’t heard that.

“There is nothing wrong in allowing my grandson stay with me here, I have to take care of him myself. White mans’ country does no child any good” his mother had protested

“But you allowed me go to the same white mans’ land”

“See what you have turned into…”

Gbenga understood what his mother was referring to, it would take some time for his parents to stop taunting him with his rejecting the offer to take over the ministry and to stop blaming his wife for that decision.

“Mama, I have to get him away from here as fast as possible, I told you what happened today at the park, and with what he told me; this man has been monitoring him”

“Nobody can take my son from me, your father has informed the commissioner of police, trust me Yemi will be fine” the Old woman had decided to give the boy a Yoruba name and Gbenga knew that to protest was useless.

Gbenga knew that even with security in place, his boy would still be at risk if this stranger made plans to get his hands on the boy, the security would not always be there, the man would only wait patiently until his old parents would conclude that everything was okay, then he would strike.

She didn’t know how long she had slept when the the noise woke her up, at first, it was as if the loud knock on the door and the voices where part of her disturbing dream, but the knocks got louder as well as the incoherent speeches and laughter. She switched the light on and went downstairs.
By the time she got to the door, the knock had reduced to annoying rasps and the voices, into murmurs

“Who is there?” her heart was in her mouth

“Open up b*tch” came a female slurring response

She dropped the bat stick she has grabbed earlier and hurried to the door “Amanda?” she called out

“Open up or I will break the door down!” Amanda chuckled “Okay, I want to tell you something…I am not here to make trouble, I promise” she was calmer and the second voice seemed to have disappeared

“Its very late, what are you doing here?” Amaka was not sure what to do “Are you with someone?”

“Common girl, don’t leave a helpless girl out in the cold” Amanda said impatiently

Amaka hesitated, weighed the situation before she unlocked the door “Really Amanda…” she didn’t finish the statement when Amanda threw the door ajar and a rough hand pushed Amaka inside and she landed on her buttock.

“I like her already” came the harsh voice of a bearded drunk looking man “it’s gonna be a good night after all” the man approached her with a wicked glint of satisfaction in his eyes and a smirk on his lips

Amaka pulled herself off the ground in a flash, her body still hurts but the fear that had enveloped her took over her senses. She was too late in getting to the stairs, the man closed up on her in two long strides, he gripped her head from behind and throw her against his chest

“Get her down here John…I want to see her face when you mount her” Amanda gave out a loud belly laugh

“She sure gonna like tha” the man pinned her to the ground and tightened his grip on her neck “Won’t ya gal?” he raved of strong alcohol and cigarette,

“Get off me!” Amaka threw her fist on the bulky drunk man, his breath made her nauseatic, “Please…don’t do this…”

“She is fighting” The man turned towards Amanda and guffawed “I like tha…” he snorted, opening his uneven teeth, he turned towards Amaka “you’re a who*e…I want tcha hav some fun with ya…”

“That’s right John…show the who*e what she ’ve been missing…”

The two were enjoying the moment and didn’t know when the door swung open and someone walked in, the old woman sent Amanda landing on her face with one swing of a long stick

“Let the young woman go you prick” came the shaky-firm voice. The man froze, then turned towards the voice, his eyes caught Amanda flat on the ground

“What the f*ck! Who ‘re ya!” he eased himself off Amaka and made towards the woman who pointed the weapon like a gun at him “How did ya get here?”

“And how did you get here?” challenged the woman, balancing her stand “I will whoop you so heard on that ugly face of yours if you don’t get your drunk ass out of this house” she spat

The man laughed “Come on granny, give it a shot…whoop me” he made a dive toward the woman and missed, just then, Amaka snatched the bat stick and swung it towards his ribs, he groaned and fall with his side on the guitar, crashing the delicate thing.

The old woman lifted the stick and landed it on him while he tried to protect his face with his arms “Get out of here dick head!” ‘hit’ “Out you son of a dog” ‘hit

The man gathered himself up and hurried towards the door, forgetting the old truck they came with, he limped into the darkness.

Both women held on each other and watched the man disappeared, a soft painful grunt brought them back to the room, Amanda massaged her swollen head, gazing from one woman to another

“Where is John” she asked, and got no response

“What are we going to do with her Mrs Puff” Amaka asked her neighbor

“We will keep our eyes on her until the police arrives, I already called them before I came here

“Thank you so much Mrs Puff, I am very grateful…”

The woman gave her a long gaze “You look terrible young lady; I will go make some tea for you…”

Amaka held her “No ma’am, you have done enough…I think I will take it over from here” she saw the look in the woman’s eyes “I can handle this one…she is really not going to be a problem to me now”

“Don’t worry” the woman brought out her phone “I am Calling my Husband to come over…we’ll all stay here”

Mr Puff arrived some minutes later, he was a man of few words however; he kept nodding while his wife chatter merrily about the first day Gbenga arrived at the neighborhood and how nice he has been to them

“…my husband had his first seizure eight months after your husband moved in here, my children has all moved out and I was so helpless, this black boy…” Narrated Mrs Puff “Your husband…” she pointed at Amaka “drove him all the way to Vernon for health care”

“He has been a son to us” added her husband.

The police arrived later and took Amanda who screamed and kicked violently. With her hear in disarray, she reminded Amaka of the Character ‘Azula’ in the animated movie ‘Avatar the last air bender’

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Treasurewamiri(f): 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
Awww! Thank you Mrs Puff for helping Amaka... This is one of the reasons why we need to be good with our neighbours, you never can tell when you'd need their help

2 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by crossfm: 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
When I was reading the last update, I said to myself not again. This lady has been through a lot already.she has gotten enough share of sorrows and pains of life.As if God was listening to me,boom comes the miracle called Mrs puff.
Just as some one said above,its always good to be nice to people around you because we don't know what the pregnant woman called tomorrow will deliver. Thanks op for the wonderful work you are doing.

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by PrudySara(f): 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
It's good to be good, it'll surely come back to you. Thank God for Mrs. Puff

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Ann2012(f): 7:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
Thank you Mrs.Puff
Thanks for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
You people make this story come alive, thank you all for being here with me. It means a lot
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
Okay, so...

After I finished "the fat girl and the soldier that loves her" I promised another story titled "my neighbors wife" grin

I have not forgotten, and will kick of that story immediately after this. Let me give you a peek;

"My neighbors wife is a sequel to my very first romance story "Kiss me one more night" which I posted here.

If you followed that story with me, you will remember Morgan Cookey...yes the billionaire Morgan, the owner of Wilson beverages that wanted to date Grace and take her away from Ken...

"My neighbors wife" is his story, it is time he find a woman of his own and trust me, the old funky rich proud Morgan would be humbled by the beauty queen he would meet. grin

So be patient, follow this one till the end and we will tell Morgan's story together

I am so excited and feeling Hot already cheesy grin grin. Morgan will give all of us wet panties kiss

5 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 8:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Meanwhile, the next episode of Gbenga and Amaka will be posted soon

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Nickibeauty(f): 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
Rosemary33:
Okay, so...

After I finished "the fat girl and the soldier that loves her" I promised another story titled "my neighbors wife" grin

I have not forgotten, and will kick of that story immediately after this. Let me give you a peek;

"My neighbors wife is a sequel to my very first romance story "Kiss me one more night" which I posted here.

If you followed that story with me, you will remember Morgan Cookey...yes the billionaire Morgan, the owner of Wilson beverages that wanted to date Grace and take her away from Ken...

"My neighbors wife" is his story, it is time he find a woman of his own and trust me, the old funky rich proud Morgan would be humbled by the beauty queen he would meet. grin

So be patient, follow this one till the end and we will tell Morgan's story together

I am so excited and feeling Hot already cheesy grin grin. Morgan will give all of us wet panties kiss
Another one , well-done Rosie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jewels Of Africa / Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail / Letter To My Friend Overseas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.