Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

How Gbenga Found Love - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Gbenga Found Love (46118 Views)

Lest We Forget, Gbenga Adeboye (1959-2003) Part 1 / I Found Love Again / When I Found Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
My neighbor's wife starts next week grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Godsaves18(m): 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
Rosemary33:

Madam finish this one nah...

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Excel1405(f): 8:31pm On Jun 23, 2020
Rosemary33:
can't wait but, we've not finished this one we are eating

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by drewsman: 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
Excel1405:
can't wait but, we've not finished this one we are eating

Its obvious that this meal is about finishing na. Except there's a drastic turn of events, this story is heading to its concluding part(s)

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by tomic1(m): 6:44am On Jun 24, 2020
Rosemary33:
My neighbor's wife starts next jweek grin grin grin

Please mention me when you commence. Nice story...enjoyed every bit of it. More knowledge

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by PrudySara(f): 11:23am On Jun 24, 2020
I'm so happy for Amaka and Gbenga. Kenny is lucky to be alive, he should just rot in jail.

Thanks for the update ma'am!

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Missyajoke(f): 12:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
Finish this story at rosemary33

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by mcbliss: 3:50pm On Jun 24, 2020
nollywood could make this a short series, clearly they are out of ideas. nice one girl

2 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 1:07am On Jun 26, 2020
Episode 33

“And here comes the girl of the day”

Gbenga eased himself from the car where he leaned waiting for her to come out, her hips swung side to side as she approached him on her combat short that kissed her thighs and hung loose on her slim waist, a pink turtle necked polo top and a gray face cap. “How did you walk pass my mom wearing that?” he chuckled as he kissed her lips,

“It is my lucky day I guess, your mom was in the room with Ekene”

Gbenga looked her up and down, nodding with satisfaction “You look amazing my love”

“You like?” Amaka turned and posed like a model

“I love” he gathered her in his arms “You have to be careful out there, promise me”

Marriage…marriage was a word Amaka had never associated herself with until Gbenga showed up. She was never one to seek approval or consider others aside her son when doing anything, now she was learning to wait for validation from the one man whom she understood loved her perfectly, in every sense of love…

“Why are you smiling” He asked her

“Oh, Am I?” Her lips had parted in a smile to the thought in her head, and she was scared he may misunderstand why she smiled “yes I am…I am amazed at how much love a man could have for a woman”

That wasn’t the reason why she smiled; there she stood filled with love for the man whom she once hated and would have wanted nothing more than to see him hurt for what she felt he did to her, and to cap it all, she was carrying their child inside her; their second baby and this time, they would be together to welcome this one.

Amaka rubbed her hand on her stomach and wished she could break the news to him there, but she knew her husband, he would counsel the concert for fear of her hurting the baby, she would wait until the day was over.

“I am only concerned about you my love, you are sexy and…”

“You worry I will draw attentions?”

“I worry that some men there may want something more from you…I have seen you dance and believe me when I say you are a goddess on the dance floor”

She gripped his arms and kissed him hard on the lips “I will not forget the wife of who I am babe, each time I make any dance move…it will be for you, I am doing this because you trust me and have encouraged me to go”

“I trust you girl, wish I could be there…”

“you can still come with me my husband, come and watch me on my big day”

“Mom…she would ask where I am going to and I don’t want to lie to her”

Amaka knew that wasn’t an excuse enough, her husband would have come for the concert if he wanted to but…she would not push it “Its okay” she smiled at him “I understand perfectly”

“Thank you” he said “So I will drop you at the bus station and wait till you board, please come home as fast as you can”

“Yes sir!” she joked and they both laughed as he opened the car door for her

Gbenga watched his wife board the bus to Vernon and waited until the bus disappeared. He made towards his metallic gray ford SUV, as he sat inside; he wondered what he would be doing at home while his wife stays out.

He wouldn’t lie to himself; he knew why he didn’t want to go to the concert, His jealousy, he didn’t know how to deal with it yet. It was one thing to watch his wife move her amazing body while practicing in their house, but watching her do same in from of thousands of viewers was something else.

Gbenga was about to turn the ignition when he felt a tap on his windscreen “Hei, African monk!”

He tilted his head sideways to view the intruder, but the intruder had already opened the door and sat down

“you Abandoned me to my fate Gbenga”

“Amanda! What are you doing here?”

“Living I guess” Amanda glanced at him and looked away “You are looking great, marriage to her is not bad for you after all”

“Yes, it is one of the best decisions I have ever made”

Amanda humphed “Well, both of you deserve each other” she looked out of the window before she turned back to him “I saw her boarding a bus, where are you sending her off to?”

Gbenga battled between telling the truth and fabricating a story, in the end; telling the truth seemed to him a better thing to do “Actually she is dancing today at the Vernon dance academy…a concert”

Amanda widened her eyes and chuckled “She danced? You married a dancer and…its unbelievable! I thought…what king of a bishop’s son are you?” she laughed out loud “Anyway…I don’t care anymore alright? Thought it’s an irony” she laughed more

“Well Amanda, people can be whatever they choose to be as long as they are not hurting the next person…my wife is a terrific dancer and I will not deprive her of what she loves simply because she is married to me”

Amanda was taken aback “Really? Well, you are different from some clergies and religious people I have met” she looked around “So what are you doing here? I thought you should be on your way to Vernon to cheer your wife up”

“Well…err…I will go but not now, I have to run some errands first…I will meet up with the concert later” he lied

“Oh, that’s good” Her phone rang and she spoke on the phone for few minutes, “My friend will be here anytime now…we are going for a vacation” she sighed “Gbenga…” she turned to him

“Hmm?”

“I have wanted to see you after that day but has not been able to do so…I want to apologize for what I did…”

“Really?” Gbenga had not seen her since the day she was taken to the police station and was made to sign an undertaken, he only heard she was out of jail from Deion but he really didn’t care.

Amanda nodded “I was stupid and blind, I didn’t realize one shouldn’t force love on another person, and…those things I said to you…and your wife…I am so sorry, I wanted to hurt both of you badly. I thought getting another man to Bleep her would put a strain on your relationship…I didn’t realize how foolish I was, I pray you forgive me”

Gbenga took her hands “Amanda, I have nothing against you, all I wanted was to be left alone to build a home for my wife” he squeezed her hands “I am sorry too for what happened, I guess my wife has forgiven you too, she has a heart of gold”

Amanda chuckled awkwardly “Your wife…” She brushed away the tears that ran down her cheek “The way you call her…I hope someone would look at me and call me the way you call your woman”

“Oh, come on Amanda, of course there is someone out there who would love you so much more that any one has ever done, just don’t give up…”

“Yes that…I think Deion and I…we may want to take time to see if we can get serious with each other”

“Really? That’s good you know; I am glad you are finally going to make that strong headed fellow settle down”

“Nothing serious yet, we just agreed to work on real relationship this time around, we have bleeped around for a long time”

“Hmm…I wish both of you luck seriously”

Her phone rang again, she checked the caller ID and gathered her bag “My friend is here” she opened the door and stepped down “Take care Gbenga and wish your wife well for me” she left before Gbenga could respond.

Gbenga finally turned his ignition on, he struggled between the decision to head back home or drive to Vernon, since he had actually told Amanda that he would be going there later, going back home would make him a liar, he sighed, pulled out his phone and called his mother “I will not be coming home immediately” he informed her, the wheeled the SUV to the road and headed towards Vernon.

The auditorium was already full by the time Gbenga got there, the music got louder as he moved deeper inside, pushing his way amidst bodies grinding against each other in different styles of dance.

“Hei!” he tapped a young man “Is the concert over?”

“What?” the young man shouted

“Is the concert over?” Gbenga demonstrated with his hands as well as raising his voice

“Oh no, they ‘ve not started. They are getting ready I guess” he was about to ask the young man another question when a beautiful brunette came along and took the young man’s hand, both walked away like two pigeons in love; smiling and laughing at each other’s little talks.

Extinguishing the music got the mixed crowd murmuring their protest and several taps on the mic calmed them down and announced the presence of the coordinator

“…Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome to out seventh annual dance concert…” ‘cheers and claps’ “This academy has kept this annual tradition for years and each year we have continually wowed you with unique spectacular dances…contemporary…traditional…hip hop and so much more”

‘More cheers’

“…And each year, this academy has produced the finest dancers and choreographers in Canada and beyond…”

Seats were unfolded for the audience, Gbenga couldn’t wait to hear the whole prologue, he moved further “How do I see the dancers?” he asked,
the lady he asked looked at him suspiciously before answering “I don’t know, backstage I guess”

“Sorry to bother you but…I don’t know where the backstage is” the lady gave her the look again “Actually, I want to see my wife before she goes up there” he explained awkwardly

“Your wife is one of the dancers?”

He nodded “Hmm”

“Wow…that’s nice” she pointed towards the left by the stage “There…that is the backstage, but you have to go through the back door”

“Thank you so much Lady” Gbenga turned back and excused himself out of the auditorium to locate the backdoor.

“Audience are not allowed here sir” a bulky bald black man barricaded him

“I am so sorry man I am here to see my wife…”

“Your wife? Is she here? What is her name?”

“Amaka, she is my wife”

“Oh really? She is over there” he pointed “But you have to make it quick, she will be going up on stage in the next fifteen minutes”

“That is enough for me, thank you” Gbenga walked further inside the mini hall, straining his neck in search of her, he saw her seated alone and massaging her feet, he made a little run to her side

“Hei girl” he smiled sheepishly

Amaka looked up in shock “Babe!” she muttered “You came! You are here!” she chuckled her pleasure of seeing him and flew into him arms like a little girl “what made you change your mind?”

Gbenga tightened his grip round her waist, his eyes shone “I realize I should be with my wife on her big day, this is your day my love and I would not allow my pride stop me from coming to support you”

“You are going to watch me dance?”

“my eyes will only be on you darling; I will want nothing more than to watch you do what you know how to do”
She hugged him again “Thank you so much my church boy, thank you…”

Gbenga felt the pure joy and gratitude, his wife was happy and he knew he did the right thing “Hope I can kiss you here” he asked but didn’t wait for an answer; his lips lingered on hers while his hands were on her back and her head

“Wooowww that is a hell of a kiss” someone remarked close to them, breaking the moment.

Amaka smiled, licked her lips and leaned on her husband’s chest “Bruce, this is my husband Gbenga”

Bruce arched his brows in surprise and extended his hands “I finally meet the special husband she has been talking about, and I must confess, I am not disappointed” his eyes darted from wife to husband “You sir, is a man any woman would die for”

Gbenga laughed and grabbed Bruce’s hand “its also nice to meet you too Bruce, you are my wife’s dance partner I guess” he stressed the word ‘Wife’

“Yea…and I officially am asking for your permission sir to dance with her today”

Gbenga pouted his lips and nodded his agreement, he pulled his wife aside as soon as Bruce left and said “He is the young white man I saw you dancing with the other day…I stand by what I said earlier, I will kill him if he touches you unnecessarily on that dance floor”

The dancers where called few minutes later and Amaka gradually pulled her hand off his “Every movement I am going to make up there is for you babe” she ran off, leaving him nodding.

He was surprisingly proud of her, truth to what they called her, she was the queen of the dance. Graceful and sexy; his wife was the center of attraction, the icing of the cake the life of the concert. Her smiles had lightened the whole auditorium, her energy was exceptional and when she looked towards him and winked, every other person disappeared except the both of them, he had smiles coyly, bitten his lips, and shook his head

Amaka made do of her words, she had dance for him. turning and twisting, looking towards him and pointing, she had made it obvious that he was there. Another thing that melted his heart was seeing how happy his woman was over there, she loved the act and stopping her would eventually kill the spark in her.

As he leaned on the SUV, his legs crossed, giggling the keys round her finger while waiting for her, he concluded he had to live with the reality. She finally came out with some other members who were all chatting happily, he couldn’t wait to be alone with her.

Amaka waved and bade her colleagues goodnight before she walked to the waiting car. Gbenga opened the door for her with no words and in few seconds later they were on the road, heading back home to Armstrong.

“You are unusually quiet” Amaka gave him a side glance

“Hmm” his eyes didn’t leave the road

“Is it something I did?”

He looked at her this time “What did you do?” He was calm

“I don’t know, but you have not said anything to me since I came out and we are heading home…”

“What do you want me to say?”

“I don’t know…something…anything…about the concert, the deal…how you feel”

“Do you really want to knows how I feel about today?” he gave her a quick glace from the corner of his eyes

“Yes please” she had her hands on her laps, her eyes on him, eagerly waiting to hear him. her heart thudded fast. It was a memorable day for her, she had landed herself a signing deal with one of the biggest choreographic group. For the first time in her life, she was going to earn huge from dancing; she would no longer depend on anyone to fend for her, but she wanted to hear from her man.

“You were amazing and I am so proud of you, I have never been so proud like I am right now, you deserve this deal babe girl, you worked for it” he smiled with her and continued “and secondly, you were as sexy as f*ck” he saw the look on her face and laughed out loud “What?” he asked innocently

“I can’t believe you use the word ‘f*ck’” she feigned disgust

“Oh shut up girl, I learnt everything I know from you…don’t go sanctimonious on me now”

“I don’t know what you are talking about…”

They chatted and laughed, cracking each other up as if it was their first love date. When their laughter gradually died down, Gbenga gave his wife a side glance, she still had sparkles in her eyes and smiles on her face. He knew that was where he belonged; with this woman…no matter the difference between them, he would always feel at home with this woman whom had brough so much fun and activities to his stereotyped lifestyle.

She was already sleeping by the time he finally pulled up at the garage, He hung her backpack on his shoulder and gently tapped her “We are home my love”

She stretched like a babe and yawned “How long have I been sleeping?” she stepped out of the car, and Gbenga led her towards the door

“Enough for me to watch your breast rise and fall while wishing I had my head on them” He pressed the door bell

“You are crazy” Amaka said sleepily

“I know”

The door opened and the couple stepped inside the house to meet the worried old woman waiting for explanation. “Sorry I didn’t tell you earlier mom, we had an invitation to attend a…” Gbenga looked at his wife

“A concert ma…” She added

“Oko mi…I was worried sick about the both of you!” Mrs Mark Turned to Amaka “You should be able to teach him how to come home early, keeping late nights is not good for the home”

“I am so sorry ma, I will make sure it doesn’t happen again”

“I brought food for us” he said when he heard the bathroom door opened. He turned to see his wife naked before him, beads of water trickled down her body and made her dark kinky hair shone. He licked his lips seductively and squinted at her
She smiled coyly “I…I thought you were down stairs”

“You are so beautiful” his eyes caressed her body and it made her shiver

“Go away please” she joked and turned her back on him, grabbing the towel on the bed. He covered the distance between them, grabbed her by the neck and turned her towards him, she gasped.

“After all these while with you, you still turn me on like crazy” his hands stroke her backside and gave her arse a hard squeeze “why wasn’t I warned that you would have this effect on me?” he pushed her head to his face and kissed her hard, he was hungry for her and the urgency of his kissed told her so

Amaka slid his robe off his shoulder, pushed her tongue deep in his mouth and he took it, she dug her nails on his back, gave him a little scratch that sent pleasurable sensation to his brain, she rested her hand on his turgid warm penis and he moaned.

“See what you do to me woman” he muttered under his breath

“I love what I do to you” she laughed seductively

“I thought you are tired and sleepy”

“Not any more babe, Please make love to me” her eyes held his

Gbenga balanced his hands below her arse and lifted her up “I want to do something to you my love, I hope you don’t mind” he gently lay her on the bed and came down at her “I have been dying to do this with you…” he pushed her legs apart, ran her fingers on her vagina lips and she jerked, he parted the lips with his fingers, and brought his head down to her wet juicy pussy.

6 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 1:08am On Jun 26, 2020
Godsaves18:

Madam finish this one nah...
i will grin grin
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Ann2012(f): 4:40am On Jun 26, 2020
Chai.....see attraction, this episode dey do me geez geez

Thanks for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by crossfm: 5:44am On Jun 26, 2020
Gboyee is no longer a church boy.he is now a street boy grin grin.

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Adeola25(f): 11:15am On Jun 26, 2020
I hope Gbenga and his wife will not deflower someone. Thanks for the update
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Samamerc(f): 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
Thanks for the wonderful update

2 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
Adeola25:
I hope Gbenga and his wife will not deflower someone. Thanks for the update
you that have spoiled since grin grin grin
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Amarita(f): 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
Finally, the story has come to an end...but I must confess Rosie you're the best...much love...
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5953604/neighbors-wife#91112380 follow the link to read the prologue of the story "His neighbor's wife" we are in for a long ride with that story. how ever, i think i have to cap this particular one.
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by oyinella(f): 11:04am On Jun 27, 2020
thank you Rosie for a beautiful story
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by drewsman: 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2020
What is the final destination/fate of Kenny na?
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
drewsman:
What is the final destination/fate of Kenny na?
calm down na your blood dey hot, the conclusion is coming
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by drewsman: 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2020
Rosemary33:
calm down na your blood dey hot, the conclusion is coming

Aha!!!

No be my fault na, as everybody just dey thank/commend you for a beautiful story. The thing come sound like say Tory don finish na.

No vex for me u hear?

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by oloyedprince1(m): 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
d story is really interesting
Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Rosemary33: 10:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
Episode 33 cont...

“Oko mi, when do you say you are bringing your family home to Nigeria for your wedding?”

October saw many holiday makers pulling bags towards the airport. As summer was coming to an end, so did the vacations though one would not call that of Pastor Mrs Mark Oluwale one. She had however stayed more than most holiday makers and wouldn’t have bothered going home had the good bishop not called to throw mild tantrum few times.

“Maami, what other wedding do you want? We have our certificate and a blessing from our priest here”

“Shut up! Gbenga, is like Canada had sapped your brain, how can I stand before my fellow women and tell them my son got married and they will believe me if I didn’t gather them for a feast” Mrs Mark cut in.

“You can actually throw a party for your friends without us being their maami”

“Gbenga you are not married to this girl if you have not paid her bride price! And we have to do that as fast as possible…”

“Maami you and baami can do that for me, people do this thing…they represent their family members who are far away…”

“Your father and I will not embark on such shameful journey, not when both of you are alive and well” she ignored Gbenga’s silence protest, took her grandson from Amaka and continued walking towards the departure wing of the airport “I have made arrangements for the caterers who would cook that day, you know that woman who cooked during your daddy’s 60th birthday?”

“I wasn’t there maami…have you forgotten?”

“Oh that’s true, well…she is good and would prepare food for us, I don’t want our people to starve when we get to Ibo land” she continues
Gbenga rolled his eyes and shook his head, Amaka covered her mouth to prevent laughter from erupting.

“…ehen…” Mrs Mark tapped Amaka “Iyawo mi…you will send your measurement to me, I have already chosen materials and color for the day”

Gbenga was about to protest but Amaka signaled him “That will be fine maami, I will do just that”

When her flight was announced, she was reluctant to leave that Amaka feared the journey would be counselled again. they had postponed her journey three times now and had made one rescheduling “I am not ready to leave yet” was what the old woman kept saying.

Amaka didn’t blame her, she knew the love between mother and son, and recently; grandson, she wouldn’t want to come between that love. “We will miss you so much maami” She meant it, although they had started on the wrong foot, both women had come to understand and had learnt to respect each other, they seem to even had grown fond of each other in the last few weeks.

“I am already missing you all” Mrs Mark gave her grandson a beer hug “Take care of mommy and daddy for me” the boy nodded. “And you…” She turned to her son “You know that the door of the ministry is always opened for you, the lord’s vine yard still needs harvesters and your father will be glad to have you join him…” Gbenga nodded “…But like your father said, we will not force you”

“Thank you maami, I will do my best to uphold my calling in my little pulpit here, Daddy had always told me that even my law firm is enough altar to spread the gospel of Christ…”

“Yet it breaks his heart that you didn’t accept his offer”

“God will send him a Philip to take over the ministry” Gbenga felt his mother frowned “I am so sorry maami, but I think I have more work here that over there”

“I understand Gbenga” She looked to Amaka again “My son loves you so much” Amaka nodded “Don’t you ever take it for granted”

“I will not maami”

They waited for her to board before they drove back home. Gbenga kept looking at her and smiling to her amazement

“And what is it this time?” she finally asked after waiting for him to say something

“Nothing, just admiring my wife” Gbenga threw her a glance and busted out laughing. He loved the look on her face, especially when he plays the mind game with her, like he was doing now. Leaving her to guess why he kept looking at her from the corner of his eyes and laughing coyly.

When they got home, he pulled her to himself and threw the dice “You are pregnant” his eyes dances with excitement

“Who told you? How did you know that?” She was astonished

“You just confirmed it now” he laughed hard, sat on the sofa and made her sit on his laps “got my suspicion las week, you were all cranky…complaining about everything. My mom pointed it out so I decided to wait for you to tell me”

Amaka lowered her gaze and bit her lips

“So, when did you find out? How old is she?”

“She?”

“Yes…I want a girl, someone as beautiful as you” he touched her cheek and she smiled

“She is going to two months”

Gbenga signed “It still pains that you can comfortably keep things from me my love, news like this should be share between us as soon as you knew, that is how we share our lives together” Gbenga frowned

“I am so sorry babe, I got to know two days before the concert and…if I had told you, you may not have wanted me to participate at all…”

“There you go again Amaka…you again, why is it always about you…what you want?” He cut in

“I am sorry babe please…I am…I have no excuse”

“So, what happened after the concert, you couldn’t tell me too?” she didn’t say anything “It was also about you continuing your classes, you didn’t want me to stop you I guess” She nodded “Amaka!” Gbenga squeezed his eyes shut in frustration “When will you learn that love does not cage one, but it is liberating? How do you feel, hiding important aspects of your life from the person you love?”

“I am sorry…I have been alone for so long, I am still learning…I am so sorry” she held his gaze, pleading

“When you look at me like that, you disarm me” he lay his head on her bosom and tightened his grip round her “You know I love you”

“I love you too, I promise to be a better woman to you Gbenga, I promise…”

“This is supposed to be the best news ever” he lifted his head to kiss her lips “I adore you so much and it scares me Amaka, I have given you every part of me and I have nothing left”

“Teach me to love you the way I ought to, my king, teach me”

“Daddy…why is mommy crying?” their son walked up to them and sat close to his father

“Mommy is carrying another child; you are about to be a big brother”

It would be a long journey for the couple, two worlds apart, bounded by fate and love. They would learn to trust each other as they made the journey of love and lasting happiness.

Epilogue

After seven years of incarceration, he was going home. he didn’t know who made it possible, all that mattered was that he was going home. Kenny pulled his hood over his head, somehow, he felt he would meet someone who would identify him, he didn’t want to be seen in his present pitiable situation, unlike what people were meant to believe in Nigeria; going to prison in Canada did him no good. It was a survival of the fittest and he was at the bottom of the food chain over there.

He watched the clouds whoosed pass as the plane tore the heavens, like the passing away of his life those five years. It was the loneliest time of his life; he had lost his enviable frame, and almost lost his mind.

“Sir…sir…” An attendant called him “Please fasten your seatbelt, we are about to land”

He didn’t realize it was time, didn’t even hear the accent on the speaker that dished out the instructions, just as he didn’t realize the different between days of the week while in prison. He had spent almost his days planning out his revenge on everyone that had brought him misery, including the lawyer that wasn’t able to get him into psychiatric confinement on the stand of mental disorder instead of a prison sentence.

As he stepped out of the plane and walked towards the arrival wing of the Port Harcourt International Airport, he knew exactly the first thing he would do- he would settle old scores and pay old debts.

Kenny inhaled the hot August air and absorbed his environment before waving down a cab, surely, nobody took notice of him, he was dead to the world…not that he was physically popular before anyway.

“Old GRA” he instructed the cab man and sank him backside on the car seat. He quickly grabbed the National newspaper that hung at the back of the driver’s seat and flipped through the pages, nothing interesting, only political beefs and agitations, he replaced the paper and rested his head.

“Oga, we are at Old GRA now, which side are you going”

“Drop me here”

The driver pulled over and stopped, he handed him a twenty-dollar bill and walked off with his bag before the awe-struck driver could say anything.

Kenny didn’t know what to expect when he got to his house, he had never thought of it until now. He wasn’t surprised to see that his gate was locked from the outside, his major concern was knowing who locked it and getting the lock opened

“Oga who you dey find here?” someone asked from behind

“Michael…” He called his formal staff

“Oga…” the man peered at his face, trying to recognize him with the hood that covered his forehead “Sir…sir Kenny!”

Kenny drew back from the man whom had not changed a bit after seven years “Who locked the house…where is everybody?”

The man fetched a bunch of keys from his pocked and hurriedly opened the gate “I have been coming here to check the house since you left…others lefts for other jobs when they couldn’t wait for you to return any longer, there was nobody to pay them…” the man quickly switched to English.

“Have you opened the main house since then?” Kenny asked

“No sir, I felt there was no need for that since you are not around, and I know you don’t allow anybody inside except that lady”

“Thank you Michael, give me the key now and hang around, I will tell you what you will get for me when I am ready, for now I need a good bath and a long rest”

He had not slept for a long time when a rasp on his room door woke him up “Who is there!” He asked

‘Nothing’

He searched under his pillow and found nothing, he would have found a gun under the pillow many years ago, but his seemed not to know where his toys where and he didn’t even bother to guard himself, he wasn’t expecting anyone as nobody knew about his return.

He was about to lay his head back on the pillow when the door cracked open, and before he could make a move to save himself, two bullets bore a hole on his forehead. Spattering a mixture of brains and blood on the wall and on the pillow.

6 Likes

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Oluwatimi2000(m): 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
wow suspense

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Ann2012(f): 5:19am On Jun 29, 2020
RIP Kenny!!!

Thanks for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by skubido(m): 6:43am On Jun 29, 2020
Hmmmmm

Good for him..

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Samamerc(f): 7:23am On Jun 29, 2020
Finally Kenny is no more.

Thanks for the update rosy.

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Sharafawizkidayo(m): 9:48am On Jun 29, 2020
finally the monster is died!

kudos to the writer!

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by CwazyBlaqGal(f): 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
Lovely story dear
Absolutely love the ending

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by Missyajoke(f): 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2020
The story is wonderful
Kudos to you

1 Like

Re: How Gbenga Found Love by imeldamelly(f): 11:36am On Jul 03, 2020
Lovely story❤️[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jewels Of Africa / Letter To My Friend Overseas / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.