Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (609146 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (429) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2020
lol but you cannot compare the two companies.
sonnie10:
My experience with POWI. They did a 2:1 this week. I entered at #117 before the split. Now, after the split price is at $56. Bottom line, even with the additional double shares, I am still down.
Moral of the story, Apple might not be as sweet as it sounds.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2020
Skymoore1004:
lol but you cannot compare the two companies.
I will see how it goes. Still holding on. 40% up on my Afolabi shares since the split announcement
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DeLaRue: 10:18pm On Aug 21, 2020
Can one be fund a Trading 212 account with a Nigeria bank card (eg GTB Master Card)?

What other options are there for funding Trading 212 account.

Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by mamcoker: 11:03pm On Aug 21, 2020
mamcoker:
hi Gurus in the house, is it posible to trade options on these our Nigerian aps

.pls help with this
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lafuria1(m): 11:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
mamcoker:

.pls help with this

No you can't.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by proprp: 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
I believe answer is No. Most platforms that you can trade options on are american platforms and unfortunately some don't support "risky countries" like Nigeria. I am a UK resident and I couldn't find a UK brokerage that has full options trading. it seems a lot of them only support CFD trading.

mamcoker:

.pls help with this
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Okewa(m): 2:22am On Aug 22, 2020
OakPearl:

Very happy for you bro.
Means we bought about the same time I first raised the "alarm".
Imagine buying 1,000 shares at $14,000 (N6,580,000) then; and selling at the $89 you sold $89,000 (N41,830,000) never mind that it's now hovering around $124/share now which could have been worth $124,000 (N58,280,000)!

This tread is a divine mandate, and it will make many rich. Seriously!!!
can I send you a mail?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by mygee2(m): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2020
OakPearl:
Market Update For Today

Deere (DE) – The heavy equipment maker reported quarterly earnings of $2.57 per share, well above the consensus estimate of $1.26 a share. Revenue also came in above Wall Street forecasts and Deere raised its full-year outlook, although it said many uncertainties remain regarding the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on its business.

The Buckle (BKE) – The accessories and footwear retailer earned 71 cents per share for the second quarter, well above the 6 cents a share consensus estimate. Revenue also beat forecasts. Results were hurt by store closures, but the company’s online sales nearly doubled during the quarter.

Pfizer (PFE), BioNTech (BNTX) – Pfizer and partner BioNTech said regulatory review for their Covid-19 vaccine candidate could come as early as October. The drugmakers say their ongoing studies are showing promising safety and immune response data.

Tesla (TSLA) – Tesla remains on watch after exceeding $2,000 per share for the first time on Thursday. The automaker’s shares are up 40% in August, and has nearly quintupled in value this year. Today is the “record” date for Tesla’s 5-for-1 stock split, with split-adjusted trading set to begin Aug. 31.

Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE) – The drugmaker bought gene-encoded therapeutics company SmartPharm for $19.4 million in stock. Sorrento said the acquisition will help it build a pipeline of gene-encoded therapeutic antibodies, starting with treatments for cancer and Covid-19.
The baba DOn Talk
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by BLAQBOYFLY(m): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
OK listen. Apple were growing tremendously during the various (4) stock splits they did. most of them in the early 2000 when these products we are using today were birthed & so on. Investing in apple is never a bad idea as they have one of the best balance sheets of any company & also $190B in cash that could easily buy a lot of big companies but the question at the current price is room for growth.
Growth in terms of new products & innovation. They've been making the same recycled phone since Iphone X & they also have a great Eco system but aren't even close to being worth $2T. for those of you buying these really overvalued company stocks right now it is not a bad idea but once there's a cure or people start getting comfortable with the coronavirus these companies would experience some serious selloff. Apple is like Gold right now in the sense that investors see it as a safe place to store or invest cash.

Tesla is another case study here but they are no Apple both in technology & quality of their products & am not even talking about market Cap here. Tesla currently has a P/E (price To Earnings) Ratio of 1041. the aggregate P/E ratio of the aggregate auto manufacturing industry in america is around 22. For better context,Apple's P/E Ratio is 17 & you can read up on how a company's price to earnings is used to calculate it's valuation & performance. Tesla is a great company nonetheless but other big automakers are also pushing into the electric car market & would keep taking market share off of Tesla in the long run & at current stock price,they're valued more than Walmart & if you want to know the difference between both companies both in revenues & profit you can look at their balance sheet. i can give you so much more reasons why Tesla isn't a BUY especially in the long term & you can look at the Qualcomm Stock split bubble of 1999. It can be really tempting to buy into these stocks long term based on how much their prices rise daily & if you are a short term buyer/day trader you'd make a killing out of it but i believe both apple & Tesla can't justify their current valuations long term. As always,do your own research & make your decisions.
OakPearl:

Your feeling as expressed here may not be wrong.
But beyond market capitalisation which may be a subject of overvaluatuon due to herd mentality, I can tell you that Apple is on a strong fundamental; even stronger than Tesla I dare say.

Just listen to a few of Warren Buffet's thoughts on Apple:

"I don't think of Apple as a stock. I think of it as our third business,"

Warren Buffett told CNBC that Berkshire Hathaway's "third-largest business," after its insurance and railroad interests, is its stake in Apple.

"It's probably the best business I know in the world. And that is a bigger commitment that we have in any business except insurance and the railroad".

As of late last year, Berkshire owned more than 245 million shares of Apple, worth nearly $72 billion!

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by jblesn(f): 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
Hi guys, thumbs up to everyone keeping this thread active. I'm a newbie here. I was glad when I found this thread because I have been looking for a way to start trading foreign stocks. I need clarification in a few areas

1. What app is the best to use that affords the most convenient way of fund withdrawal?
2. Also, what is the minimum amount I can use to start trading?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by SeriosPerson: 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
Please does anyone know how to withdraw from trading212 into a Nigerian bank account?

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
BLAQBOYFLY:
OK listen. Apple were growing tremendously during the various (4) stock splits they did. most of them in the early 2000 when these products we are using today were birthed & so on. Investing in apple is never a bad idea as they have one of the best balance sheets of any company & also $190B in cash that could easily buy a lot of big companies but the question at the current price is room for growth.
Growth in terms of new products & innovation. They've been making the same recycled phone since Iphone X & they also have a great Eco system but aren't even close to being worth $2T. for those of you buying these really overvalued company stocks right now it is not a bad idea but once there's a cure or people start getting comfortable with the coronavirus these companies would experience some serious selloff. Apple is like Gold right now in the sense that investors see it as a safe place to store or invest cash.

Tesla is another case study here but they are no Apple both in technology & quality of their products & am not even talking about market Cap here. Tesla currently has a P/E (price To Earnings) Ratio of 1041. the aggregate P/E ratio of the aggregate auto manufacturing industry in america is around 22. For better context,Apple's P/E Ratio is 17 & you can read up on how a company's price to earnings is used to calculate it's valuation & performance. Tesla is a great company nonetheless but other big automakers are also pushing into the electric car market & would keep taking market share off of Tesla in the long run & at current stock price,they're valued more than Walmart & if you want to know the difference between both companies both in revenues & profit you can look at their balance sheet. i can give you so much more reasons why Tesla isn't a BUY especially in the long term & you can look at the Qualcomm Stock split bubble of 1999. It can be really tempting to buy into these stocks long term based on how much their prices rise daily & if you are a short term buyer/day trader you'd make a killing out of it but i believe both apple & Tesla can't justify their current valuations long term. As always,do your own research & make your decisions.

I like the fact there are divergent views on subject matters here.
Maximum respect to every contributor.
I actually made a strong case for Apple ahead of Tesla because obviously, they are are on different pedestal.
I might be wrong, you might be wrong, we both might be right.

If there is a general bearish collapse of the market, no stock is spared. We saw the latest one in March.
But if you ask me that based on its current fundamentals, Apple will suddenly capitulate, I will disagree.
Remember that what people invest in is the future value of most of these companies that they are today.
And that's the basis of my position on Apple.

See one of the reasons below.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
Okewa:
can I send you a mail?

Why not bro.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
tot:

But also imagine buying 1,000 shares at $14,000 (N6,580,000) then; and selling at $9,000 which is a possibility $9,000 (N4,230,000)

Not trying to be a downer... but stocks CAN go down as well as up.

I understand your point.
But in this business, I don't throw money around like that. When am doing a speculative play, I commit between $100-$500 max.

I commit upwards of $1,000 to $10,000 when every due diligence has been done and I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt.
In the process of getting convinced, I may have dipped a foot and then understood the company and the growth potentials and that was the case with this one.

I bought at $14, sold at $28, got more than convinced there was sufficient room for growth, watched it behave in a similar pattern until I freed up cash and bought again at $54 and $80.

It remains a long term hold now for the foreseeable future until I see a contrary reason.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tot(f): 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
OakPearl:

I understand your point.
But in this business, I don't throw money around like that. When am doing a speculative play, I commit between $100-$500 max.

I commit upwards of $1,000 to $10,000 when every due diligence has been done and I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt.
In the process of getting convinced, I may have dipped a foot and then understood the company and the growth potentials and that was the case with this one.

I bought at $14, sold at $28, got more than convinced there was sufficient room for growth, watched it behave in a similar pattern until I freed up cash and bought again at $54 and $80.

It remains a long term hold now for the foreseeable future until I see a contrary reason.

Yes, I know but the truth is even with proper due diligence there are no guarantees, so people need to have proper money management rules in place otherwise they could have their accounts wiped off. All it takes is one piece of news release.

Also, for every tesla, apple and co that have exceeded expectations, there are several others that have gone south. Sound money mgt is a must --> Expect the best, prepare for the worst. I believe as a pro you already have that in place, so my comment is really more for those coming on board.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
OakPearl:

Please find my response in bold beside each stock.
One major safety criteria for trading and investing in US stocks is to be sure the stock you are buying is not illiquid.
The range should be a minimum daily trading quantity of 200,000 to 400,000 shares.
Anything below the above threshold may put you in danger of being trapped in a stock should there be a massive bailout by investors.

Having said that, ANGC and Kimco, both with reasonably high dividend yields as indicated, are my recommendations on your list.

Thanks for your insight. And the liquidity tip when considering stocks. Well appreciated.

Oxford is OXLC
Stella Cap is SCM
Gladstone is GLAD
Horizon is HRZN
Prospect is PSEC

I'd start with AGNC and KIMCO.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
lafuria1:
Maybe it's just me, I don't feel comfortable when a company stocks keep rising and rising with no pul back, it's a good though but it doesn't just feel right, I feel something wrong will soon happen and from history, we all know anything can happen.

I'm referring to apple and Tesla. I own apple stock tho.

Stock split wonders

In such case, just take your profit and don't look back.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2020
ebuka1997:

Oh yeah, those stocks are bad companies, they’re just for trading and taking profits
For next week I’ll be watching fastly for long term, they fell largely due to the Tik too issue and I believe they’ll be a correction... bosses @oakpearl @yeryer please your thought on this?

Fastly is a great stock for the new normal.
I had it for keeps but sold off to buy back after the TikTok shake out purely because I saw the sell off as an opportunity to sell high to buy cheaper.

I have started buying back with the first repurchase at $78.

When I buy a stock for long term, I have very strong fundamental reasons.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2020
tot:

Yes, I know but the truth is even with proper due diligence there are no guarantees, so people need to have proper money management rules in place otherwise they could have their accounts wiped off. All it takes is one piece of news release.

Also, for every tesla, apple and co that have exceeded expectations, there are several others that have gone south. Sound money mgt is a must --> Expect the best, prepare for the worst. I believe as a pro you already have that in place, so my comment is really more for those coming on board.

I do not claim to be a pro.
I am still learning.
Let me advise that proper money management is not enough to succeed.
Proper market knowledge and understanding is ultimately required to put the money that money management has fetched you to work.

It's also very commendable that you are looking out for those in on board. I want them to succeed and always advise newbies to go for knowledge more as they are starting out.
But when I make my posts that appear successful, I can't have them dotted with advise for newbies over and again thereby sounding like a broken record.
My picks are a result of very long hours of work, study and research so the risk of losing money is minimal for me.
My eyes are always on them even after I buy so the way gains are wiped off does not happen under my very nose.

We are here to compliment each other's efforts at getting our people master the art of money making in US stocks. So once again you are well appreciated.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
OakPearl:

Fastly is a great stock for the new normal.
I had it for keeps but sold off to buy back after the TikTok shake out purely because I saw the sell off as an opportunity to sell high to buy cheaper.

I have started buying back with the first repurchase at $78.

When I buy a stock for long term, I have very strong fundamental reasons.

Thanks, I would start buying with you on monday grin

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tot(f): 11:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
OakPearl:

I do not claim to be a pro.
I am still learning.
Let me advise that proper money management is not enough to succeed.
Proper market knowledge and understanding is ultimately required to put the money that money management has fetched you to work.

It's also very commendable that you are looking out for those in on board. I want them to succeed and always advise newbies to go for knowledge more as they are starting out.
But when I make my posts that appear successful, I can't have them dotted with advise for newbies over and again thereby sounding like a broken record.
My picks are a result of very long hours of work, study and research so the risk of losing money is minimal for me.
My eyes are always on them even after I buy so the way gains are wiped off does not happen under my very nose.

We are here to compliment each other's efforts at getting our people master the art of money making in US stocks. So once again you are well appreciated.

Very tactical response, lol.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Okewa(m): 12:35am On Aug 23, 2020
OakPearl:

Why not bro.
thanks brother
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 5:27am On Aug 23, 2020
Earnings for the week

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
If expensive wait:
If cheap buy and wait:
SRARE. I have some position I swung since May
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by proprp: 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
For those that feel Apple might be overvalued, I say with Apple you can't just look at fundamentals alone. iPhone changed the mobile device industry when it was released and has been able to maintain its lead till date. Those that have used iPhone/iOS can attest to its usability compared to others/android OS. So the product itself is a buy for most. Then if you add the services they offer to compliment the their hardware you should be able to comprehend how valuable the company is. In my option Apple would be worth more today if Jobs was alive because a lot of people believed in his vision. In summary whilst looking at the fundamentals is important, it is also important to research the brains behind the company.

As for our Tesla, I do agree the stock is currently overvalued but Elon Musk is a different breed and I understand why some people might buy in his vision. Even if other auto makers start making electric cars, I don't think they can compete with Tesla, yet, in terms of specification. In addition, Tesla's battery & software seems to be top at the moment and when 5G is fully rolled over and countries start approving self driving cars I think Tesla's stock would shoot up again.

Let's see what happens when Space X goes public!!

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Okewa(m): 10:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
OakPearl:

Why not bro.
thanks BRO, I have sent a mail to yoi
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
proprp:
For those that feel Apple might be overvalued, I say with Apple you can't just look at fundamentals alone. iPhone changed the mobile device industry when it was released and has been able to maintain its lead till date. Those that have used iPhone/iOS can attest to its usability compared to others/android OS. So the product itself is a buy for most. Then if you add the services they offer to compliment the their hardware you should be able to comprehend how valuable the company is. In my option Apple would be worth more today if Jobs was alive because a lot of people believed in his vision. In summary whilst looking at the fundamentals is important, it is also important to research the brains behind the company.

As for our Tesla, I do agree the stock is currently overvalued but Elon Musk is a different breed and I understand why some people might buy in his vision. Even if other auto makers start making electric cars, I don't think they can compete with Tesla, yet, in terms of specification. In addition, Tesla's battery & software seems to be top at the moment and when 5G is fully rolled over and countries start approving self driving cars I think Tesla's stock would shoot up again.

Well said.
Tesla has always been suggested to be overvalued by commentators. Up till March when it sold for around $500, they said it's overvalued and we all agreed. But 5 months down the line, it's over $2,000! It is still overvalued; even Elon said so. But see what Mr. Market is permitting.

If In 2001, you bought $399 worth of Apple shares instead of buying the original IPod then (that was the cost when it launched), that could have fetched you 277 shares.

Following the stock splits in around 2005 and 2014, those shares would have increased to 3,878 shares. In today's market, that's worth $1,929,227!

Another split is here, it will keep looking overvalued in the eyes of some analysts.
They may be right, but Mr. Market will always have the final say.

We have to be observant and dynamic enough to fully benefit from what the market offers.
Too much analysis they say leads to analysis paralysis which scares people away from benefitting from glaring opportunities.

11 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Predstan: 4:00am On Aug 24, 2020
proprp:

Tesla is taking a different route from the Lidar system for self-driving car... They haven't made a breakthrough t
Yet
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by KillamanJoe: 8:23am On Aug 24, 2020
Good morning guys, I just discovered this thread. I trade with Trove and etoro for now. Trading 212 have still not verified me. Anyway, I am affacted by the 200dollar maximum dollar spending limit by zenith so no hope to fund for now. Thank God trove.

I hope tesla continues to go up sha. I plan to pull out by 2100.

Who else has jumped on the apple train?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by KillamanJoe: 10:03am On Aug 24, 2020
Damn, Tesla has crossed 2120 in pre-market. damn. now pushing for 2200
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by hancock(m): 10:13am On Aug 24, 2020
Also apple at $508 already premarket. some people on reddit were predicting apple will reach $600 before the spilt. im guessing they wont be far away from it
Tesla is in another realm right now shocked
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abraolas1: 10:47am On Aug 24, 2020
KillamanJoe:
Good morning guys, I just discovered this thread. I trade with Trove and etoro for now. Trading 212 have still not verified me. Anyway, I am affacted by the 200dollar maximum dollar spending limit by zenith so no hope to fund for now. Thank God trove.

I hope tesla continues to go up sha. I plan to pull out by 2100.

Who else has jumped on the apple train?

Tell me More about etoro...... how does it work with trading of stocks ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (429) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.