Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (614551 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
Coursera goes public. I love their business model of democratizing education.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:
Coursera goes public. I love their business model of democratizing education.
What's the ticker?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 10:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
COUR

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 10:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
Leezah:
What's the ticker?

COUR

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Drenimarcus(m): 4:41am On Apr 01, 2021
afroxyz:

Inflation rate would continue rise that's for sure. That would trigger more sell-off. But eventually the Fed would have to step in (at 2% according to Powell) and stocks would rally again.

Did you notice the huge sell off today in Dow, s&p and nasdaq in the final minute of today’s trading?

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 6:42am On Apr 01, 2021
Drenimarcus:

Did you notice the huge sell off today in Dow, s&p and nasdaq in the final minute of today’s trading?
So, what you point? We should sell off all our holdings

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 8:10am On Apr 01, 2021
Drenimarcus:

Oga stop been an alarmist.

Nasdaq has finished the 4 out of the last 5 months in positive. S&P is very close to a new all time high. Dow had its best month since November. Yesterday was the end of a quarter, PMs are adjusting portfolios. Besides a major policy announcement was about to take place.

If indexes are touching all-time highs it is normal to see a retreat. When PMs are adjusting portfolios, you can exoect some selling. The same thing too with when a major policy is to be announced by govt.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 01, 2021
phantino:
Just got a mail from choicetrade that i can finally trade options.

I sent u a pm.

If u see this a call or whatsapp message from contact on my signature will be greatly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ib4real95(m): 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2021
Who has experienced this before? Bamboo is showing a wrong portfolio value to me! My current portfolio value is lesser than what i should have as i have dine the calculations.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2021
ib4real95:
Who has experienced this before? Bamboo is showing a wrong portfolio value to me! My current portfolio value is lesser than what i should have as i have dine the calculations.
Probably network issue. Normal with naija trading apps

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by goody234: 6:32pm On Apr 01, 2021
Question.guys.... Nigerian stock buyers do you own your shares through these online apps or you have custodial accts...where a third party owns the shares

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2021
ib4real95:
it happens sometimes, no cause for alarm it will return back to the normal value

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 6:43pm On Apr 01, 2021
ACY:*files for bankruptcy*

NASSAQ:okay time to delist the stock

*stocks squeezes to about %300 gain

lol , NASDAQ go tire.

i think stock market is changing short squeezing is now becoming normal there are traders now dedicating their time to stocks that could short squeeze, i may be wrong but hedge funds may start seeing lesser gains or probably become a thing of the past

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Elsueno: 7:04pm On Apr 01, 2021
Little bit of green today.....Us market no fun, NSE no fun......This 2021 is just somehow sha

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2021
goody234:
Question.guys.... Nigerian stock buyers do you own your shares through these online apps or you have custodial accts...where a third party owns the shares
Yes, I use trove for both Nigerian and US Stocks. Check my signature sign up with them and we both get FREE shares of either Dangote Sugar or GTbank

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
Honestly. No joy again grin
Elsueno:
Little bit of green today.....Us market no fun, NSE no fun......This 2021 is just somehow sha

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 9:31pm On Apr 01, 2021
Drenimarcus:

How market? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ib4real95(m): 9:37pm On Apr 01, 2021
posty56:
it happens sometimes, no cause for alarm it will return back to the normal value
Thanks its been fixed

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 11:13pm On Apr 01, 2021
ib4real95:
Thanks its been fixed
glad i good help sir

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 11:13pm On Apr 01, 2021
ib4real95:
Thanks its been fixed
glad i good help sir

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2021
one man made $50k from that $ACY squeeze to him he was smart but to me he was just gambling, it might favour him for sometimes but when e go hit e go hit.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2021
potential bio catalyst i did my research on

$agen: presenting their drug anti-pd1 on April 10th.

CURRENT PRICE:$2.88
PRICE TARGET:$4-5

$glsi: potential short squeeze presenting data on gp2 around 10th-15th April

CURRENT PRICE:34.72
PRICE TARGET: around $60

NOTE: this is not a financial advice, i could be wrong cause biotech stocks are still recovering, l did not copy and paste i did my dd myself, i am just trying to contribute and also find a good entry to manage your risk,thank you.

Credits to: mr killer stocks and traderpool

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 8:20am On Apr 02, 2021
posty56:
one can made $50k from that $ACY squeeze to him he was smart but to me he was just gambling, it might favour him for sometimes but when e go hit e go hit.

That stock had a crazy run. But another perfect short opportunity grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Ifesinachi22(m): 9:45am On Apr 02, 2021
Ifesinachi22:
Just hanging out waiting for the party to arrive, let’s go!

Notselling Amc

cry

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 9:50am On Apr 02, 2021
afroxyz:

That stock had a crazy run. But another perfect short activity grin
lol i swear

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by vibesdot001(m): 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by zsamorano(m): 12:10am On Apr 03, 2021
hello, what short selling and can trove app allow short selling of stocks?. thanks

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 8:59am On Apr 03, 2021
zsamorano:
hello, what short selling and can trove app allow short selling of stocks?. thanks
from my own understanding shortselling is the act of borrowing a stock from an investor then selling it at the market to buyers willing to pay current price, the borrower (short seller) is betting that the borrowed stock will decline further before the day he is expected to return the share so that he can buy it cheaper .

The risk of short selling is high unless you have a hedge fund company (who has the ability to supress price of a stock and manipulate it).Trove or bamboo is not advance for that.

RISK OF SHORTSELLING: short squeeze occurs when a stock becomes highly demanded from retail traders forcing the stock price to go higher (volatility) now the short seller who bets on the fact that the price will go down on is now the person who pays the current price/market price to minimize risk cause he has to return that share to the lender at the current price before his time expires.

P.. S:- I hope this helps for further details google about short selling and also i tried to explain it as simple as possible have a nice day.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by EMDIEY: 9:04am On Apr 03, 2021
IyaTola:
This so true those that have ears let them hear
You this man or woman what do you gain by using different monikas to quote and reply people and yourself. Some of us are very observant of your shenanigans, dont think for a moment you're covered. You go by different names: yazg, quinmod, leeza, hamach, lauraklassic, and many more. You move from every section of nairaland from nsempa, to nyse, to romance, sexuality, job, cryptos, family section and all. What is actually your aim? Are u also pascopel.?
For the common unsuspecting persons(s) out here this individual exhibits all traits of a scammer, so be careful.
I hardly do this but d way it's going some people might fall for d trick, if not fallen already. Be guided. Everyone can check out those few names i mentioned, though modified, you'll find a similar pattern.
NB: for the culprit, don't bother replying me cos u won't get any frm me. Back to obs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 9:18am On Apr 03, 2021
In a simple term short sellers are hoping that the stock that they borrowed becomes cheaper so they can buy it and then sell it at a bigger price, even hedge funds are at risk of loosing money.

e. g GameStop short squeeze: they lost about 2 billion dollars

e. g Volkswagen also known as the mother of all squeeze they lost about $30 billion dollars

e. g tesla squeeze too i have forgotten how much they lost

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2021
EMDIEY:

You this man or woman what do you gain by using different monikas . You go by different names: yazg, quinmod, leeza, hamach, lauraklassic, and many more. You move from every section of nairaland from nsempa, to nyse, to romance, sexuality, job, cryptos, familyAre u also pascopel.?
For the common unsuspecting persons(s) out here this individual exhibits all traits of a scammer, so be careful.
NB: for the culprit, don't bother replying me cos u won't get any frm me. Back to obs.

The fact that he uses another handle to quote himself is sickening .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by IYGEAL(m): 11:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
So, April is here. Has T212 resumed accepting Nigerians?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.