Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,461 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (618582 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 12:58pm On Jan 09
THE NIGERIA MARKET IS BOOMING
I am sure by now "shoemakers will be thinking of putting money in the Nigeria market". Market has risen to the level where professionals will be buying with care. So, if you are buying Nigeria stock, have a short time horizon in focus.

For me, for the fairly long term, global stocks are still the best. I will be buying Nigeria stocks from time to time, but not at this highly extreme prices. I will buy more on retracement

Goodluck to everybody.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 10:29am On Jan 10
[b]GLOBAL MARKET STILL HOLD THE ACE NIGERIA RISING STOCK PRICES LACK LONG TERM FUNDAMENTALS[/b]

Our twitter page shows some funny solutions by the Government to solve problem of inflation and lack of foreign investors. The proposed solutions are funny and is showing us that we have people who have questionable academic qualifications (did they truly study to get their degrees?) .

Okay, let us take problem of inflation as an example. We all knows the secondary school definition of inflation, too much money chasing fewer goods. Our Government solution ( is funny but that is what our Government has done) :reduce the access to cash for basic spending by the general public, by the time the general public do not have money in their pocket inflation will go (make cash unavailable, if people want to withdraw 100k,banks to give 10k,banks should not load money in ATM so that the public will have virtually no access to Cash). Result: inflation stays.

A better solution like what the US and Co has done, reduce Government spending, Open market operations etc. But the Government has failed to curtail the public sector spending (so maybe our policy makers only remember the definition of inflation that they learnt in secondary school " too much money chasing fewer goods"wink, as the real solution which maybe is learnt at higher level is not remembered, so we should ask ourselves, can we trust that these people realy study basic economics for their various degrees?

We will look at the solution for attraction of foreign investors soon. You know they knew MSCI left Nigeria and they think MSCI is looking for Countries with booming stock market without considering risk? We in this forum and NSEMPA knows that MSCI people are pure professionals in their game and cannot be attracted by gimmicks, government give their cronies money to buy stocks from the market (do not be suprise if some of these Beta Edu/ palative money & Co were diverted through private pockets to pump us the stock market!!!).

Conclusion, we will only buy stocks with good fundamentals in the Nigeria market and we are thinking short term. Main action remains here, especially if we are interested in profiting from the Energy sector

Today, in global stock we are relaxing we know risk is fairly elevated, will take profit if necessary, real season for more aggressive investing will start tommorrow after the CPI report. We are looking to play on the bullish side as we know rate cut is real for the US.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willie2015: 7:42pm On Jan 10
Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) now on Trading 212

Now, you can trade over 500 top Canadian stocks from your Trading 212 app.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 5:58am On Jan 11
WAITING FOR THE TIME MARKET WILL BE BACK TO THE UPTREND HAS BEEN THOUGH
The day we have been waiting for is here. Let us see what the CPI will offer. The Asian season has been bullish earlier today and with bitcoin ETFs approved in US we may see bitcoin stocks maintaining their bullish trend.

So from commodities to stock, everything is looking bullish.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Zagee: 12:29pm On Jan 11
Zagee:
50% profit in Mara. One month run. grin

What a run. With downsides but more Upsides!! 3months outlook
*edited

Took some profit and invested in 3 coins.

Binance felt like a maze after a long time off. grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by IHelp: 8:04pm On Jan 11
If you have funded your Tradezero account recently, kindly tell me the method used.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 8:58am On Jan 12
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 9:07am On Jan 12
MORAL LESSON OF AVOIDING NEWS TRADING - HAPPENS ON 11 JAN 2024

CPI dissapoints, bullish expectation will likely be muted for some few days.

Trading the news can make you lose your gain of one month in just one day. Thus, we can see what we will gain by just avoiding a big one day loss. For me personally the need to get out of the market before the big news is sinking into my consciousness little by little.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by emmaodet: 4:56pm On Jan 12
yok:

Trading the news can make you lose your gain of one month in just one day. Thus, we can see what we will gain by just avoiding a big one day loss. For me personally the need to get out of the market before the big news is sinking into my consciousness little by little.
Instead of being a day trader, why not long term investor

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by PuristForest: 6:03pm On Jan 12
Obnoxious2001:

I have covered my face.
Please how do I learn/get involved
join my discord https://discord.g g/zZmwgRCG (remove spaces btw the g's)
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by coputa(m): 7:14pm On Jan 12
emmaodet:

Instead of being a day trader, why not long term investor
That's correct, you can only make big money in the stock market on long term.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 1:32am On Jan 14
I sold off my AMD on Friday to book some profit and leave something in case the AI boom hits the sector sooner. My plan was medium term starting last year, but on realigning, I thought of joining the magnificent 7 (including GOOGLE, MICROSOFT, APPLE,...) through ETFs (ETF because of both return of money and return on money, and also because of the tiny size of my capital). XOM is another one I have a plan on increasing my position in. It has been on my watch list for months, and their books are great from both the perspective of current performance and of short term growth.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 8:29pm On Jan 14
US MARKET STAYS CLOSED THIS MONDAY 15 JANUARY MLK DAY

So we have time to plan our trades for the week?

Full Stock Market Holidays 2024

The following are the stock market holidays in 2024 when the NYSE, Nasdaq and bond markets are all fully closed:

Monday, Jan. 15 — Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Monday, Feb. 19 — Presidents' Day
Friday, March 29 — Good Friday
Monday, May 27 — Memorial Day
Wednesday, June 19 — Juneteenth
Thursday, July 4 — Independence Day
Monday, Sept. 2 — Labor Day
Thursday, Nov. 28 — Thanksgiving Day
Wednesday, Dec. 25 — Christmas Day
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sharone21(f): 5:27am On Jan 16
Hi. Anyone using dabafinance for stocks and reviews

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by PuristForest: 11:42am On Jan 16
sharone21:
is this like an app, what does it do?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 2:56pm On Jan 17
THERE IS NO NEED TO PANIC- LET US WAIT TILL CONSUMER REPORT IS RELEASED TODAY
Learning is part of the requirement required for good traders or investors. So let us wait, for things to allign with the long term trend.

For us, if the bull is delaying, we will take profit on our positions that looks threatened.

Happy waiting time to all.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 4:31am On Jan 18
After I reduced my AMD investment, the stock gained 9% within 2 days. I mentioned in a conversation that it might sell for $200 or more in a near term.
Speaking of bad investments, Plug power has been a very bad one. I usually don't take position in stocks without serious consideration of their fundamentals through financial report history, but my exemption of Nio and Plug from this rule has cost me a lot.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by IyaTola: 6:27am On Jan 18
sharone21:
No, use trove

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 7:01pm On Jan 18
THIS IS A TIME WHEN WE NEED AN OBJECTIVE MINDSET
We are seeing that market is not easy. There are times it looks easy and sometimes it is difficult.

This is one of those difficult times. So, for now, we just need to watch our stops and take profits if necessary
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 7:31pm On Jan 18
CHAKA HAS BEEN DOWN TODAY?

I observed the above and have sent a mail. I hope they will come up soon!!!

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 4:58am On Jan 20
Davigle:
Hello sir @aremso, pls I would like to know your take on
WFRD

Just seeing this, I think bot placed me on suspension. I will check it out.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 5:38am On Jan 20
MARKET TEACHING US VITAL LESSON!!!
Received one of those mails that tells you how much you would have gained if you had bought Microsoft 10 years ago!!! Actually, I don't regard such type of mails these days and I don't even watch those YouTube videos that tells me the hot stock to buy (by the time you see that video, the momentum may have just ended, just like if you bought a uranium stock yesterday, you are buying when the early buyers are getting out). so you are not likely to be profitable by buying stocks recommended on YouTube (have any doubt, okay buy them and see 3 months from now what will happen to your account).

So back to the main issue I want to point out. We need to buy some strong stocks for medium timeframe, they don't go down very fast in bearish markets like what we have just seen. This idea is vital if we have little time to be watching trades, let us embrace the "COFFEE CAN TRADING STRATEGY* (if you are hearing this for tge 1st time Google it and watch YouTube videos) or better still just join a good paid subscription service that will give you opportunity to ask the provider of tge service question that may be bothering you on trading).

So yesterday, we saw opportunity in : INTC, HPQ. Will stop here today.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 5:52pm On Jan 20
@Davigle $WFRD has done 52wks low at $51 the stocks is great with nice revenue but I think you should be patient to see if it can pull back before you enter.

Your DD applies!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Davigle(m): 11:12pm On Jan 20
aremso:
@Davigle $WFRD has done 52wks low at $51 the stocks is great with nice revenue but I think you should be patient to see if it can pull back before you enter.

Your DD applies!

Thank you sir for your kind response, will definitely do my due diligence
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 3:59am On Jan 22
LONGEVITY AND CONCENTRATION PAYS
With over 90% concentration on trading Global stocks, only few people (looking at stock pickers anywhere) can beat our stock picks.

Let us keep our eyes on NCLH. The stock may resume the uptrend move again.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Konquest: 8:05pm On Jan 22
yok:
THE NIGERIA MARKET IS BOOMING
I am sure by now "shoemakers will be thinking of putting money in the Nigeria market". Market has risen to the level where professionals will be buying with care. So, if you are buying Nigeria stock, have a short time horizon in focus.

For me, for the fairly long term, global stocks are still the best. I will be buying Nigeria stocks from time to time, but not at this highly extreme prices. I will buy more on retracement

Goodluck to everybody.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Konquest: 8:06pm On Jan 22
yok:
GLOBAL MARKET STILL HOLD THE ACE NIGERIA RISING STOCK PRICES LACK LONG TERM FUNDAMENTALS

Our twitter page shows some funny solutions by the Government to solve problem of inflation and lack of foreign investors. The proposed solutions are funny and is showing us that we have people who have questionable academic qualifications (did they truly study to get their degrees?) .
Insights.

Okay, let us take problem of inflation as an example. We all knows the secondary school definition of inflation, too much money chasing fewer goods. Our Government solution ( is funny but that is what our Government has done) :reduce the access to cash for basic spending by the general public, by the time the general public do not have money in their pocket inflation will go (make cash unavailable, if people want to withdraw 100k,banks to give 10k,banks should not load money in ATM so that the public will have virtually no access to Cash). Result: inflation stays.

A better solution like what the US and Co has done, reduce Government spending, Open market operations etc. But the Government has failed to curtail the public sector spending (so maybe our policy makers only remember the definition of inflation that they learnt in secondary school " too much money chasing fewer goods"wink, as the real solution which maybe is learnt at higher level is not remembered, so we should ask ourselves, can we trust that these people realy study basic economics for their various degrees?

We will look at the solution for attraction of foreign investors soon. You know they knew MSCI left Nigeria and they think MSCI is looking for Countries with booming stock market without considering risk? We in this forum and NSEMPA knows that MSCI people are pure professionals in their game and cannot be attracted by gimmicks, government give their cronies money to buy stocks from the market (do not be suprise if some of these Beta Edu/ palative money & Co were diverted through private pockets to pump us the stock market!!!).

Conclusion, we will only buy stocks with good fundamentals in the Nigeria market and we are thinking short term. Main action remains here, especially if we are interested in profiting from the Energy sector

Today, in global stock we are relaxing we know risk is fairly elevated, will take profit if necessary, real season for more aggressive investing will start tommorrow after the CPI report. We are looking to play on the bullish side as we know rate cut is real for the US.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Konquest: 8:08pm On Jan 22
yok:

Indeed, news trades can be brutal... Leading the unitiated into losing their shirts. grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 8:56pm On Jan 22
I AM ENJOYING THIS MARKET HOW I WISH I HAVE THIS TRADING SYSTEM AND UNDERSTOOD THE MARKET THIS MUCH EARLIER
As much as the Global stocks are profitable, it is equally a good burial ground for the people with half knowlege, when I look at some previous stocks that were trading at around $20, bur now trading below $0.5c or less, I felt something like holy anger, especially if we do not have the resources (to day trade you need to be able to spare at least $150/month for a trading plaform/signal service ) and we want to day trade!!! No wonder this forum is always quite, many peoples are losing very big. Don't be among the losers, ask for assistance, but you will probably not get it free!!!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 11:16am On Jan 23
Mark
Li-Cycle
Nstg
ICU not on bamboo

Your DD applies
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 10:42am On Jan 24
THE US MARKET NO GREE TODAY THE BULLS ARE LIKELY TO BE ON PARADE
Today likely to be a happy day in this forum today.

AAOI is one of the stocks in our watchlist.

The Nigeria market is still strong (but as a Nigerian my worry is that, this bull apart from the Dangote and other refineries comming on stream, what can engender strong company growth is lacking in the environment). Also, if China come on stream, Oil will become expensive, dollar on its own is strong so there is high probability that inflation may be difficult to contain). So if I want to invest in Nigeria stocks, definitely it cannot be for the long term. For now let us continue to enjoy the bull in Nigeria stocks, but keep our stocks tight and watch the support level, our member have this, for example DANGCEM support is 603.90). So if see DANCEM below 603.90 in a few days time then we should start thinking bearish. We will adjust tge support depending on market price action.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 8:28pm On Jan 24
Chaka seems to be having too many down days!!!
The platform has been dead for today!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (432) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.