Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (620197 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:11pm On Jan 24
Are we able to trust Chaka at this rate? Anyone with sincere thoughts on their fairly frequent downtimes?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 4:06pm On Jan 25
sgtponzihater1:
Are we able to trust Chaka at this rate?

For now, out of all Nigeria APPs for global stock trading Chaka is the best in terms of track record (founders family have been in stock brokerage for long).

So, if anything happen to Chaka, the best option is just to go and top up our funds and go for a foreign broker to avoid wasting our time, other APP are just minor entities. This is why we need to up our game
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:46pm On Jan 25
yok:

For now, out of all Nigeria APPs for global stock trading Chaka is the best in terms of track record (founders family have been in stock brokerage for long).

So, if anything happen to Chaka, the best option is just to go and top up our funds and go for a foreign broker to avoid wasting our time, other APP are just minor entities. This is why we need to up our game

Thanks for the spot on response
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 6:30pm On Jan 25
yok:
THE US MARKET NO GREE TODAY THE BULLS ARE LIKELY TO BE ON PARADE
Today likely to be a happy day in this forum today.

AAOI is one of the stocks in our watchlist.

The Nigeria market is still strong (but as a Nigerian my worry is that, this bull apart from the Dangote and other refineries comming on stream, what can engender strong company growth is lacking in the environment). Also, if China come on stream, Oil will become expensive, dollar on its own is strong so there is high probability that inflation may be difficult to contain). So if I want to invest in Nigeria stocks, definitely it cannot be for the long term. For now let us continue to enjoy the bull in Nigeria stocks, but keep our stocks tight and watch the support level, our member have this, for example DANGCEM support is 603.90). So if see DANCEM below 603.90 in a few days time then we should start thinking bearish. We will adjust tge support depending on market price action.

If one enters naija stocks is like sitting on a keg of gun powder
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:02pm On Jan 25
aremso:

If one enters naija stocks is like sitting on a keg of gun powder

I am currently up 100% in my Nigerian stock portfolio in less than 12months. Probably luck though.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 9:28pm On Jan 25
THIS GLOBAL MARKET IS BOMB
Despite the volatility in the market we are still surviving. How I wish I knew all I know now about 3 years ago!!!

No problem. I am happy that our trades are becoming more profitable. Now, I am getting to the point where no stock will be special to me that cannot be sold whether I am in profit or not. For example, I have sold my TSLA at a time, even my NVDA or BITO.

Again, I will say thank you to the initiator of this forum and those of us that keeps the flag flying. By God's grace this forum shall outlive all of us and we will handover to those that will take it to grater heights in a matter of time. But before then we will have a good story to tell . My purpose here is not to sell anything to anybody our Systems are for our internal use. I believed some people can confirm that we have send free messages and alyse charts just voluntary (but not all the time, we do this for matured and serious people onlygrin cool wink
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 9free(m): 6:30pm On Jan 28
aremso:
Mark
Li-Cycle
Nstg
ICU not on bamboo

Your DD applies
I see you bro
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by codeME: 4:32pm On Jan 29
for those of you in Trading212 how do you fund your account now?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by PuristForest: 4:41pm On Jan 29
sgtponzihater1:

I am currently up 100% in my Nigerian stock portfolio in less than 12months. Probably luck though.
join us, we massively trade naija and us stocks https://discord.g g/6vxW4BNc (rmove the space btw the 2 g's)
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:27pm On Jan 29
Chaka can do better.

I can see money in my wallet balance, but not on my available balance. Its more than 5 hours I funded this account.

I still have high confidence in Chaka though.

PonziHater
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 1:50am On Jan 30
sgtponzihater1:

A lot of things not working well on nse economy in shambles,inflation going to 30%, unemployment is on the increase and stocks are rising because of too much of liquidity in the system and even dead stocks are rising too am not even bothered about the moves. Am ok with US all the stocks I ventured in since I started the least was 30% in one day, have witnessed 10-500% in less 3 months. The last one was TCRT that did 126% gain in about 4months. With the rate at which naira is going for now nse out of my interest for now. When u see dead stocks rising on nse, hmmmm 2008 experience loading.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 7:36pm On Jan 30
9free:

I see you bro

Mark gaining 100% mad oooo
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 4:16am On Jan 31
American Express has been doing fine since December. There's usually this general belief that revenue of AXP correlates positively with holiday spending (Christmas, Summer, etc.), but contraty to expectations based on global economic worries ( rates of unemployment, inflation, loan defaulting, etc.), the stock proved the long-standing notion right, after trading within a narrow range for months. The two latest US Feds decisions/announcements in 2023 must have inspired increased consumer spending, which reflected in both local and global revenues, increased gross margin, increased dividends and all. This is not one to be kept for dividend income, but not a bad company for mid term when the entry is well calculated.

Another one to consider for entry during prolonged sideways/bear market is Visa, although trading at 52-week high already.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 7:13am On Jan 31
MARK 264% gain in one day, massive!
To get this on nse may be in 2yrs but certainly not in one week not to talk of one day.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 6:29pm On Jan 31
PART OF OUR SECRET IS THE FACT THAT WE HAVE STOCK THAT PAYS DIVIDENDS
Dividends provide us free cash-flow, an opportunity to add to our portfolio from time to time.

This is the reason why we can be posting when other are deserting the market!!! These are stocks we call our line of defence and fortunately we have some that we bought at reasonable prices, like some oil/telecoms stocks.which are low beta stocks that can survive a bearish market. Sometimes, we assume big value stocks don't gain much (but I see about 43% gain in my AND stock!!!)
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 8:59pm On Jan 31
FED MEETING- RATE RETAINED OLD RATE
With the above the market sentiment is still positive. All we need to look for is cooling inflation and Fed confirming when rate cut will start. These will strengthen the bulls more.

So, we say game is on.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:27pm On Jan 31
The stock market is for the strong hearted.
Ran a loss today, but back tomorrow bigger and better.

Losses are like black friday sales for the long term investors. We buy good stock cheap at this point.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Afe11: 6:05am On Feb 01
I am new to the world of investments and honestly, the many terminologies out there makes self education quite complicated. I have about $400- $1k to go into this with, depending on how the learning curve goes. Can anyone PLEASE point me in the right direction? Maybe a YouTube video for beginners or a verified account on any of the social media I can follow for guidance? This is Nigeria and we all know $1k isn't even enough to survive for two months again. I am desperate for other consistent sources of income,with potentials for more growth .
May I add that ,I will not consider joining your private WhatsApp or telegram group or your spectacular business ideas that can give me 500000% increase in one day,so scammers just move ahead abeg.. I won't be replying PMs either unless I write you first. I just want to learn stocks, investments and the likes and how to get into them .

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Afe11: 6:10am On Feb 01
yok:
PART OF OUR SECRET IS THE FACT THAT WE HAVE STOCK THAT PAYS DIVIDENDS
Dividends provide us free cash-flow, an opportunity to add to our portfolio from time to time.

This is the reason why we can be posting when other are deserting the market!!! These are stocks we call our line of defence and fortunately we have some that we bought at reasonable prices, like some oil/telecoms stocks.which are low beta stocks that can survive a bearish market. Sometimes, we assume big value stocks don't gain much (but I see about 43% gain in my AND stock!!!)

Please how do I make all this English make sense? I am desperate to learn genuinely if you can point me in the right direction, like a YouTube video or page to go learn more.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 11:26am On Feb 01
YOUTUBE VIDEOS TO LEARN ABOUT FOREIGN STOCKS
You can search for:
- able trend trading videos
-metastock trading tutorials
-zacks trading videos
- benzinga trading Academy

Watch the above first. If you watch and you feel you can trade then start trading.

However, looking at the fact that I have gone through all YouTube trading video watching (pls avoid those videos that tell you to go and buy particulate stocks, as immediately you buy those recommended stocks, I can bet you, you will not only lose money, but you will lose heavily . Best is to find a paid subscription after you must have watch YouTube videos on technical analysis. Especially if you can talk to the providers of the service to give you extra attention, example is TARGET Technical Analysis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 7:41pm On Feb 01
LOOKING AT THE PULLBACKS IN THE BIG STOCKS THIS MARKET IS LIKELY TO GO HIGHER

AI seems to be holding this market. For the magnificent 7 stocks (Google this if you are no familiar with it), there seems to be some wind behind their sail that will take them to higher prices, so let us pay attention to them.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 6:02am On Feb 02
yok:
LOOKING AT THE PULLBACKS IN THE BIG STOCKS THIS MARKET IS LIKELY TO GO HIGHER

AI seems to be holding this market. For the magnificent 7 stocks (Google this if you are no familiar with it), there seems to be some wind behind their sail that will take them to higher prices, so let us pay attention to them.

With Meta paying its first-ever dividend, the market's reaction to the magnificent 7 is expected to be positive. This is happening within the same week as Google and Microsoft released their Q4 reports (in which they beat expectations quite remarkably). Gross and operating margins of Google are really impressive!
There were valid concerns in the third and fourth quarters of 2023 about the layoffs by these big caps, and news such as these usually stir selloffs shortly before release of financials - that's a pattern to watch out for. Noone should be left out when the AI bubble starts. For ease, it is not a bad idea to buy index funds having these stocks.

I call it a bubble because the innovations and growth to be driven by AI have already been factored into their prices.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 7:30am On Feb 02
FROM WHAT I CAN SEE THIS MORNING (EXPECT SOME STRONG BULLISH MOVES), READING TOO NEWS EXPECT YOUR NORMAL PLAIN NEWS OR WATCHING SOME YOUTUBE CAN BE DETRIMENTAL TO BE COMING PROFITABLE
If we have followed some news items, we would have found ourselves at the wrong side of the market sentiment (sentiment is determined by technical analysis and can be defined simply as the main/medium term direction of the market, may vary from one sector to another).

Just like I posted that most YouTube stock recommendations can leas to your pulling up losses ( some popular YouTube stock recommendations makers: stock moo, tattoo trader, Yolo trade etc), here I can single out "tattoo trader" as being the one that you should still listen to as recommendations are based on pure technicals and it tells you about the sponsorship others are more like stories or have allowed the sponsorships (the won't tell you that they are running advertising for those penny stocks so that you can invest in them, as big money are likely not to be buying those stocks but they need early investors and so use these popular YouTubers as indirect advert channels).

My main message is that after I have stopped watching you've stock recommendations (AI use scanners rhat tells me stock to look at for each day, have the one with list of stocks to look from and equally have those that are just plain and give me stocks rhat are totally objective, but for this objective list you exclude some type of stocks like those trading below 200,000 units per day and those below $1 plus some others.

Conclusion: I let the charts, intermarket analysis, sentiments tell me what to to do (be bullish or bearish) : today if I want to buy a stock, TECH, BLOCKCHAIN industries will lead the pack. I try to ignore some news sites (I only want objective news from trusted sites (finviz news section is example of a very good one).
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Enyinne(f): 11:29am On Feb 02
Pls check ur mail
yok:
FROM WHAT I CAN SEE THIS MORNING (EXPECT SOME STRONG BULLISH MOVES), READING TOO NEWS EXPECT YOUR NORMAL PLAIN NEWS OR WATCHING SOME YOUTUBE CAN BE DETRIMENTAL TO BE COMING PROFITABLE
If we have followed some news items, we would have found ourselves at the wrong side of the market sentiment (sentiment is determined by technical analysis and can be defined simply as the main/medium term direction of the market, may vary from one sector to another).

Just like I posted that most YouTube stock recommendations can leas to your pulling up losses ( some popular YouTube stock recommendations makers: stock moo, tattoo trader, Yolo trade etc), here I can single out "tattoo trader" as being the one that you should still listen to as recommendations are based on pure technicals and it tells you about the sponsorship others are more like stories or have allowed the sponsorships (the won't tell you that they are running advertising for those penny stocks so that you can invest in them, as big money are likely not to be buying those stocks but they need early investors and so use these popular YouTubers as indirect advert channels).

My main message is that after I have stopped watching you've stock recommendations (AI use scanners rhat tells me stock to look at for each day, have the one with list of stocks to look from and equally have those that are just plain and give me stocks rhat are totally objective, but for this objective list you exclude some type of stocks like those trading below 200,000 units per day and those below $1 plus some others.

Conclusion: I let the charts, intermarket analysis, sentiments tell me what to to do (be bullish or bearish) : today if I want to buy a stock, TECH, BLOCKCHAIN industries will lead the pack. I try to ignore some news sites (I only want objective news from trusted sites (finviz news section is example of a very good one).

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 12:10pm On Feb 02
Exxon Mobil FY23 results expected today.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:19am On Feb 03
Great day for long term Investors. Massive win today, and praise be to the most high

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 5:08am On Feb 06
LEARNING TO READ CHARTS IS BETTER THAN READING THE NEWS OR WATCHING YOUTUBE VIDEOS (BUT IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING WATCH VIDEOS ON OSCILLATOR AND MOVING AVERAGES)
For the 1st time, one of my stocks showed 100% gain (held for like 6 months) and not the Yolo stocks that my gain will evaporate fast (I will have adequate time to exit if I see the stock doing smesme).

This feat was possible as I let the charts tell me what to do, not what anybody is saying. Now back to the main issue, the AI stocks are delivering good gains and again, I will say looking at cycle of new technologies and industries that will gain on each stage of AI, we are still at the beginning (stock that operates at tge beginning of AI are the semi conductor stocks, hardwares etc), as we move to the next stage, which is where the bulk of the gain will be, the likes of AMZN, GOOG, MSFT, AAPL, ADOBE etc, plus one stock that will gain at least over 10% today (will give the name again to our members who already have the full story of this AI cycle).

So, we should learn to read charts and have good indicators, stochastics, macd, moving average etc are okay to start with. Today I am likely to buy that stock that will gain over 10%, if I did not buy it today, I will buy it tommorow and if it moves too fast ( I already have small quantity, then I will buy SOXL, we should know this is AI related too).

Today and for the medium term, we still expect the bull, only if the CPI for next week comes out negative, than we will have it on our mind that the rate cut idea is under attack, for now we still stay on the rate cut idea.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seanwilliam(m): 3:27pm On Feb 06
Make I spread my net for here,2024, I want to go all out for investment .. I’m new..
The page plenty o , chai chai, where do I start from?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Pete002: 9:38am On Feb 07
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 9free(m): 12:30pm On Feb 07
I expect another 30% from $PLTR to day.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 2:54pm On Feb 07
NIGERIA STOCKS ARE REACHING TEMPORARY TOPS (LIKELY TO RETRACE), GLOBAL STOCKS ENJOYING SOME EARNINGS BOOM

Market is a little bit confusing, but we just need to focus on the medium timeframe and have in our mind that rates will not rise, so news about delay in rate cuts will only slow things down.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 8:24pm On Feb 07
I DON'T KNOW WHAT NEWS HIT THE MARKET AROUND 7/8PM NIGERIA TIME- THE TECH STOCKS WERE JUST COMING UP

For our caucus members, that stock that have earnings coming up latter today (which I said we should wait, till result is out), I bought it but with an amount I can easily risk. It is that stock in our current watchlist that ends with SK.

Why did I take this risk: earning has been good generally, a leading stock in the industry just made some abnormal profit and thinking of what to do with the extra profit, stock is at a point close to support, my check on previous result around last year February showed only a fall of around 6% after earnings (I can live with this) etc.

Generally, I will not buy close to earnings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (433) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.