Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists (9036 Views)

Without The Omniscient,Science Would Be Silent: Science Is Proof That God Exists / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Codeengine007(m): 6:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
Agh!
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Codeengine007(m): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
Tor
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Eagleboney(m): 7:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
jaephoenix:

But you probably announce your religion, and still don't expect an atheist to express himself. Bros
Tell me where I announced my faith,but watch how he proudly announces it ,in each of his comment you must find ,
I AM ATHEIST, even @ nuisancepolice that created the thread didn't do so,
its pride bro
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Eagleboney(m): 7:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
jaephoenix:

We are more honest than the average Christian. That is the irony of the whole thing. In fact atheistic and irreligious countries like Netherlands, Finland etc have less crime rates than African countries that claim to be holy. grin
Did I talk of holiness,I said the guy is being proud by announcing his belief indecorously, atheists conceal their thoughts and belief unless if the need arises,
for your information that guy is not an atheist sef ,just forcing himself on it
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 8:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
Codeengine007:

Im not even an atheist
But I support this
Cool but check this out https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/about-atheism/
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
Codeengine007:
In my mother tongue
God is “Olorun”

I BELIEVE IN GOD
But I don’t believe in religion
Quote me!
My name is Olugbenga and I’m not a terrorist
If you ask some of my friends they will tell you I’m a Christian some will say moslem
I don’t have time to make friends because of religions

Your religion doesn’t depict your behavior
Some people go to church to get new girls number
Some go to mosque to get money from their Alhaji daddy

I repeat again It will not be better for any fanatic

I wish to write more
This okay

My name is Olugbenga a Yoruba boy to be precise

Oluwa is God, Gbenga is put higher and I believe my God will gbemiga

Ok great check this out though https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/about-atheism/ I will also like to know the properties of this hypothetical "God" you claim to believe in. Please educate us.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
Eagleboney:
Did I talk of holiness,I said the guy is being proud by announcing his belief indecorously, atheists conceal their thoughts and belief unless if the need arises,
for your information that guy is not an atheist sef ,just forcing himself on it
Lool i can relate with you. I used to view most atheist as proud and arrogant when ever they start making statements online till i found out the widespread misconception around the word "atheist". https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/about-atheism/ Admittedly though, there are still lots of atheists that are arrogant out there. That is something about any group of people populated by human beings. you'll also find people that are off.
https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/about-atheism/
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Eagleboney(m): 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
Mitocyan:

Lool i can relate with you. I used to view most atheist as proud and arrogant when ever they start making statements online till i found out the widespread misconception around the word "atheist". https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/about-atheism/ Admittedly though, there are still lots of atheists that are arrogant out there. That is something about any group of people populated by human beings. you'll also find people that are off.
https:///activism/resources/about a atheism/
Atheism is a belief and not a game bro,
probably i have never seen proud atheists except the so called atheists of NL ,the few real atheists I have seen are always decorous and decipherable when defending their faith,
no offence though
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Codeengine007(m): 9:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
Mitocyan:

Ok great check this out though https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/about-atheism/ I will also like to know the properties of this hypothetical "God" you claim to believe in. Please educate us.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by hupernikao: 10:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
jaephoenix:

Did you ever read his biography?

You haven't answered me. This isn't an answer. Answer me with proves to defend your assertion. If you can't then let it pass. You gave an assumption.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by hupernikao: 11:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
Mitocyan:

https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/about-atheism/

Hello,
I am still expecting your response on my last post. I guess you missed it, right? Do respond.

Also, as I told you earlier, you aren't an atheist o, it's a misuse of words. Having a wrong notion about a religion or God doesn't make you an atheist. The fundamental problem is your exposure to wrong handling of the scriptures and it's interpretation, this is either based on your fault or your environment. That is why you lost trust and hope in God. But you know down deep inside of you, there are still searches, questions, events yet uncleared even after neglecting your belief.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Codeengine007(m): 12:36am On Feb 08, 2020
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Hermes019: 7:17am On Feb 08, 2020
All they do is talk and talk and talk

Where is the evidence that ur god exists ?

Leah Sharibu is still in Boko Haram custody and if we are to believe the latest reports she has given birth

I don't even have strength for dumb arguments this year

Continue carrying religion on ur head,that's the plan of ur slavemasters

Shebi Europe has moved on but we African's insist we must continue being stupid

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
hupernikao:

Okay, good, you are now talking.

Can we have a sincere and open minded talk here as you mentioned you always do? I believe you are informed about Christianity and must have question so many things without having answers. Sometimes it is due to somewhat deception in religion by some sect as you said, sometimes due to lack of convincing explanation or lazy attitude of those you extol or look up to as believers (leaders) and sometimes it is due to us not paying attention or being open enough to know.

In all, we can have some basic discussion here on what seems unanswered or clear. We can both look at it in proper study and intellectual engagement without recourse to trying to derail or heart hardened. Man is a product of knowledge and he learns everyday. So what are those deceptions or argument clouded in religious deception. maybe we can start from there.
oh, this. Lol, I used to have some deep questions when I was still a Christian, I asked my Christian friends and even pastors and sometimes their responses were that I should stop asking these questions that they diminish my faith. Sometimes they just say in due time God will open my eyes to the answers.
Questions like if hell was real, it means some 2billion Muslims on earth are going to hell. That how is it possible for a kind-hearted and loving God to be comfortable with.
Questions like why is it well-known pastors that carry out outlandish miracles like raising the dead and healing real sick people and why is it that God is so comfortable in seeing young people die when he can just save them. Because to me if someone cuts off my hand with a promise that I will enjoy some time in the future, I don't see the sense there especially when it is possible for you to ensure my hands don't get cut at all.

Then when I started to research further later in life. I learned deeply about some of the world's major religions that are quite different from the popular ones around like the Mormon church, Jehovah's Witnesses and even went as far as trying to understand the foundation of Islam.

When I started to research the opinions of atheists, my eyes became open to the fact that I had been asking the wrong questions all along. The question I should have been asking is that why should I believe this Christian Prosteltyzer more than I believe fairy tales. At first, this was hard for me to swallow. After further thought it became easy. I knew that any extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof.

My acquaintance with a religion like Mormon also helped me in seeing how intellectuals can hold onto extremely outrageous ideas. You need to familiarize yourself with this religion to understand my point here if you don't. They claim to be Christian but they hold unto some ideas the everyday Christian would consider ridiculous.

Oh and if your opinion is that I am someone that had no deep knowledge of Christianity when I was still one, then think again.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mbcastrol(m): 6:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
I'm not trying to derail this thread, I'm just curious do atheist believe in black magic or voodoo
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
Religion(Christianity) has let me down
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by hupernikao: 9:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
Hermes019:
All they do is talk and talk and talk

Where is the evidence that ur god exists ?

Leah Sharibu is still in Boko Haram custody and if we are to believe the latest reports she has given birth

I don't even have strength for dumb arguments this year

Continue carrying religion on ur head,that's the plan of ur slavemasters

Shebi Europe has moved on but we African's insist we must continue being stupid

Hermes
Where is your evidence that God doesn't exist.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by hupernikao: 9:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
Mbcastrol:
I'm not trying to derail this thread, I'm just curious do atheist believe in black magic or voodoo

Atheist doesn't believe in jazz o. But tell him to follow up to Ijebu Igbo and be used as sample so as to experience a first hand testable and observable proof. He won't show up. wink grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 10:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
hupernikao:

Hermes
Where is your evidence that God doesn't exist.
The burden of proof lies with the claimant. If I tell you my brother can turn into a lion. Your first response will be to challenge me to prove it. If I ask you to prove that my brother cannot turn into a lion, you'll know that something is wrong with me. It is that simple. It is the person that makes the extraordinary claim(something not seen before) that should prove it, not the other way round.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 10:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
hupernikao:

Atheist doesn't believe in jazz o. But tell him to follow up to Ijebu Igbo and be used as sample so as to experience a first hand testable and observable proof. He won't show up. wink grin grin
Nothing like jazz bruh. All stories on it have been made up coupled with how Nollywood displays it every now and then that makes people think it is real. If there was jazz, wicked politicians will be killed by masses every now and then and the white men wouldn't have stood a chance when they came to fight us.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
Mbcastrol:
You are not derailing the thread. No atheist don't belive in black magic or voodoo because all stories on it have been made up through tricky to gain advantage of unsuspecting people.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by urchcoded(m): 11:01pm On Feb 10, 2020
Christian: you don't believe in God?
Me: which one?
Christian: the one and only true God.
Me: Allah?
Christian: no
Me: you don't believe in Allah?
Christian: yes of course dia is only one true God and it's not Allah
Me: ok you mean Zeus?
Christian: hell no wtf is a Zeus?
Me: the name of a God
Christian not dat one
Me: ok you mean Krishna
Christian: how's dat even possible
Me : it's a God people worship
Christian: he's fake
Me: so u don't believe in Allah, Zeus, Krishna?
Christian: no I don't
Me: I don't too, I don't believe in Jesus too
Christian: you are an atheist
Me: you are one too
Christian: how
Me: you don't believe in a lot of Gods I happen to not just believe in one more God
Christian: oh u are a crazy bastard 666 is written on ur forehead u anti Christ. grin[img][/img]

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mbcastrol(m): 11:29pm On Feb 10, 2020
Mitocyan:

You are not derailing the thread. No atheist don't belive in black magic or voodoo because all stories on it have been made up through tricky to gain advantage of unsuspecting people.
Then a first hand experience can do the needful
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mbcastrol(m): 11:34pm On Feb 10, 2020
There's black magic, whether u want to accept it or not. Ask around you, u don't need a trip to your village..
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by ojaysam25(m): 11:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
pes2019:

You are carrying out test of existence, without knowing it source or origin.
Death is a reality, have you tested it.

Note: Try to find out the source, that's the difference
well said
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 5:13am On Feb 11, 2020
Mbcastrol:

Then a first hand experience can do the needful
hupernikao read this too.
Nothing like jazz bruh. We've all been told lies since we were kids. Please check this out to have a glimpse of what I'm saying: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1226492424102596609.html
If there was jazz, bet9ja and nairabet would have all folded up today.

I used to think there was jazz too until I did some deep research into the matter. There was a professor of yoruba that exposed the lies of jazz claims from yoruba culture on facebook some years back. He said all those juju are all lies. He had also investigated deep into the matter.

There has been threads upon threads on nairaland to verify these things. It all came out to be a lie. Some people that claim to have jazz for protection against jazz have almost lost their lives in such challenges.

There was a story of one guy that challenge people that he had protection against bullets. So he applied the charm to a goat with full confidence. After the gunshot, the goat bled to death. He was so scared. Fortunately his challenger had human feelings and was smart enough not to test the bullet directly on the guy. If not someone would have gone 6 feet below that day.

I understand you. I was once like you. I strongly thought jazz was real until I began my investigation. Until I saw that most claims of manifestations of jazz were either hearsay or based on trickery.

Even Anini the famous benin armed robber known for his gruesome escapades, when he was caught he said he didn't use anything like jazz for getting his informations on attacking policemen. It was all police insiders given him information. People were so shocked at the story. Because they felt for him to have evaded arrests for so long, he must have been using jazz. So many similar stories like this abound. You can check page on Facebook. They have exposed similar stories like this in the past.

I understand you, it is hard to belive that you have been lied to for so long but please do more research and you will come to the same conclusion.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 5:20am On Feb 11, 2020
urchcoded:
Christian: you don't believe in God?
Me: which one?
Christian: the one and only true God.
Me: Allah?
Christian: no
Me: you don't believe in Allah?
Christian: yes of course dia is only one true God and it's not Allah
Me: ok you mean Zeus?
Christian: hell no wtf is a Zeus?
Me: the name of a God
Christian not dat one
Me: ok you mean Krishna
Christian: how's dat even possible
Me : it's a God people worship
Christian: he's fake
Me: so u don't believe in Allah, Zeus, Krishna?
Christian: no I don't
Me: I don't too, I don't believe in Jesus too
Christian: you are an atheist
Me: you are one too
Christian: how
Me: you don't believe in a lot of Gods I happen to not just believe in one more God
Christian: oh u are a crazy bastard 666 is written on ur forehead u anti Christ. grin[img][/img]
Haha. Apt.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mbcastrol(m): 7:50am On Feb 11, 2020
[quote author=Mitocyan post=86548758]
hupernikao read this too.
Nothing like jazz bruh. We've all been told lies since we were kids. Please check this out to have a glimpse of what I'm saying: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1226492424102596609.html
If there was jazz, bet9ja and nairabet would have all folded up today.

I used to think there was jazz too until I did some deep research into the matter. There was a professor of yoruba that exposed the lies of jazz claims from yoruba culture on facebook some years back. He said all those juju are all lies. He had also investigated deep into the matter.

There has been threads upon threads on nairaland to verify these things. It all came out to be a lie. Some people that claim to have jazz for protection against jazz have almost lost their lives in such challenges.

There was a story of one guy that challenge people that he had protection against bullets. So he applied the charm to a goat with full confidence. After the gunshot, the goat bled to death. He was so scared. Fortunately his challenger had human feelings and was smart enough not to test the bullet directly on the guy. If not someone would have gone 6 feet below that day.

I understand you. I was once like you. I strongly thought jazz was real until I began my investigation. Until I saw that most claims of manifestations of jazz were either hearsay or based on trickery.

Even Anini the famous benin armed robber known for his gruesome escapades, when he was caught he said he didn't use anything like jazz for getting his informations on attacking policemen. It was all police insiders given him information. People were so shocked at the story. Because they felt for him to have evaded arrests for so long, he must have been using jazz. So many similar stories like this abound. You can check page on Facebook. They have exposed similar stories like this in the past.

I understand you, it is hard to belive that you have been lied to for so long but please do more research and you will come to the same conclusion.[/quote

Mostimes it's difficult to accept what you don't believe in, I don't need to do any more research, I have had first hand experiences myself.
I served in kogi and we conducted election during my service year, I saw someone slapped with a ring and he became epileptic. We all ran for our lives, people were shot at and nothing happened.

I was at the market some years ago. I saw some guys from the north cutting through themselves with sharp knives and nothing happened but the moment they cut the knife with a rubber slipper it went out.
Can you explain this to me, the trick that was used and everything because I witnessed everything first hand.

Another experience was also during my service, my principal died while making out with a senior student, they were glue to each other. I heard the voodoo was on the girl and its called magun or so, I don't know if j got the spelling right but people from the west knows what i'm trying to spell .

I could on and on, atheist or not there's black magic and if you were in Benin I would have taken you to the palace or anywhere to have a first hand experience maybe that would change your views.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 7:54am On Feb 11, 2020
[quote author=Mbcastrol post=86550897][/quote]
Lool. All these are famous tricks that have been debunked already.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by ojaysam25(m): 9:49am On Feb 11, 2020
Mitocyan:

Nothing like jazz bruh. All stories on it have been made up coupled with how Nollywood displays it every now and then that makes people think it is real. If there was jazz, wicked politicians will be killed by masses every now and then and the white men wouldn't have stood a chance when they came to fight us.
And the white men do not have jazz also?
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mbcastrol(m): 9:58am On Feb 11, 2020
Mitocyan:

Lool. All these are famous tricks that have been debunked already.
Debunked by who and where? Reading of mere articles will not do justice to this topic, you need to get into the streets yourself..

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by hupernikao: 10:16am On Feb 11, 2020
Mitocyan:

Bro, i am not arguing this with you o.
Just go to Shagamu or Ijebu igbo, at least i gave you a specific and identifiable place, not un-provable place. Enter any street and use a mic to say there is no jazz, they are all lies. You will have your answers right there.

Leave all this show of knowledge and words here. We are talking about power that is testable and provable, right?. You dont read such in books or hear story, or sharing of links. Go and have a first hand sampling, PLEASE. Then come back and share the experience.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? / Who Forced These Chinese People To Accept Islam? / A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.