Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,137 members, 7,953,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:39 PM

Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists (9733 Views)

Without The Omniscient,Science Would Be Silent: Science Is Proof That God Exists / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Dolchi1: 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2020
odinson1:

The concept of hell
But,i do not claim God exists, neither do i claim he does not

If your problem is the concept of hell... Then it must come from the stand point of the existence of God but too good to send people to hell or no existence of God hence nothing like hell.

Which is yours so I know how to respond
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2020
odinson1:

The only ' PROOF ' That God exists is in the bible

So it means Odin,Zeus,Ares,Krishna and every other God exists
Then explain to me why your religion is the true one
Assuming there is one true religion, the best way to find out is to begin with archeological proof of events written in various holy books.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Dolchi1: 2:34pm On Feb 05, 2020
odinson1:

I'm not taking sides on the creation story or Big bang theory Because they are all speculations,theories and stories

But one of my arguments are which religion is actually true

If your argument is which religion is true... It therefore means that you believe in God, only that you aren't sure which. Are we in same page now?
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by worlexy(m): 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
justlove91:

Let's assume paranormal activities, spirit etc exist, how do they proof God's existence?
Before you jump into the middle of something, commonsense should tell you to read from the beginning and understand from where we were coming from. Go and do that and come back to ask your question
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by mrZENographer: 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2020
bobowaja:

Lol. Finally agreed that you have no proof but you want us to believe you anyways.

@larride lol, don't mind him. I asked one of them to prove that he took his bath yesterday and he cut off the conversation with silly excuses why he couldn't prove it, lol.

He can't prove a physical thing. Yet he's demanding videos before he believe other people's testimonies of experiencing the supernatural. I told him, if you count 100% of these testimonies as untrustworthy, then you yourself is 100% untrustworthy.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by OKOATA(m): 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
Dolchi1:

If your problem is the concept of hell... Then it must come from the stand point of the existence of God but too good to send people to hell or no existence of God hence nothing like hell.

Which is yours so I know how to respond
Bros there’s nothing like hell, there’s nothing like an everlasting torment. It’s an hoax, a merciful and loving God won’t be that evil. The Bible says a 1000 years is like a day before God, so let’s say I spend 100 years that’s some hours before God so will I go to hell forever because of fornication? Bro once we die that’s the end, it’s an everlasting unconsciousness, it’s like when you shut down the CPU. God is love not evil so hell story is fake...
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by sapientia(m): 5:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
NuissancePolice:

I don't understand. Why are videos that could prove the supernatural always deleted?

Stop that.

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by sapientia(m): 5:31pm On Feb 05, 2020

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2020
OKOATA:
Bros there’s nothing like hell, there’s nothing like an everlasting torment. It’s an hoax, a merciful and loving God won’t be that evil. The Bible says a 1000 years is like a day before God, so let’s say I spend 100 years that’s some hours before God so will I go to hell forever because of fornication? Bro once we die that’s the end, it’s an everlasting unconsciousness, it’s like when you shut down the CPU. God is love not evil so hell story is fake...
Lol let me guess you are a Jehovah's witness or probably subscribe to some of their teachings?
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by OKOATA(m): 5:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
Mitocyan:

Lol let me guess you are a Jehovah's witness or probably subscribe to some of their teachings?
Nope I don’t, I am not religious. I do believe in God but am a spiritual person. I think most of the stories in the Bible aren’t true, so the story of hell is just to create fear and panic into the minds of the masses.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 5:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
mrZENographer:

@larride lol, don't mind him. I asked one of them to prove that he took his bath yesterday and he cut off the conversation with silly excuses why he couldn't prove it, lol.

He can't prove a physical thing. Yet he's demanding videos before he believe other people's testimonies of experiencing the supernatural. I told him, if you count 100% of these testimonies as untrustworthy, then you yourself is 100% untrustworthy.
Lol taking ones bath is not a supernatural or outlandish claim that can be easily replicated unlike miracles that involve raising the dead and the likes. So it shouldn't be part of this argument in the first place.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 5:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
OKOATA:
Nope I don’t, I am not religious. I do believe in God but am a spiritual person. I think most of the stories in the Bible aren’t true, so the story of hell is just to create fear and panic into the minds of the masses.
Oh great. You are one step away from atheism then.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by OKOATA(m): 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
Mitocyan:

Oh great. You are one step away from atheism then.
Nope am not going to be an atheist because I believe so much in God.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
OKOATA:
Nope am not going to be an atheist because I believe so much in God.
Lol why do you believe in God. Religion still has a hold(maybe subtle) on you that you are not honest enough to admit. I see. You might want to check out this link https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/about-atheism/
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by mrZENographer: 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
Mitocyan:

Lol taking ones bath is not a supernatural or outlandish claim that can be easily replicated unlike miracles that involve raising the dead and the likes. So it shouldn't be part of this argument in the first place.

Be it supernatural/natural, for you what makes it a fact is that it must be recorded for others to see before they/you would believe. This approach is flawed and folly.
A supernatural phenomenon is much harder, unique, sometimes unexpected to come by or explain.
If you find it hard to present evidence of physical phenomenon, how much harder would it be for those you are demanding to provide evidence of their paranormal plight which may have come unexpected or too scared to even remember to take a pic, or an invisible encounter or subconcious encounter.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
mrZENographer:

Be it supernatural/natural, for you what makes it a fact is that it must be recorded for others to see before they/you would believe. This approach is flawed and folly.
A supernatural phenomenon is much harder, unique, sometimes unexpected to come by or explain.
If you find it hard to present evidence of physical phenomenon, how much harder would it be for those you are demanding to provide evidence of their paranormal plight which may have come unexpected or too scared to even remember to take a pic, or an invisible encounter or subconcious encounter.

same thing a snake oil sales man would say because his claims are made up, but continue.

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by OKOATA(m): 7:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
Mitocyan:

Lol why do you believe in God. Religion still has a hold(maybe subtle) on you that you are not honest enough to admit. I see. You might want to check out this link https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/about-atheism/
See bro am not going to click any link, religion has no hold on me. Believe is a choice, I am my own god actually, I am the master of my fate and the captain of my soul. I am who I say I am, I am my own creation and I am my own God. I am a very spiritual person, I believe so much beyond the physical into the supernatural. There are things beyond human thinking, demons and angels exist, if those spiritual beings exist so why shouldn’t God exist. To me actually Mother Nature is God and God is Mother nature. I dream so many times and when I wake up the things I dreamt happens that same day or sometimes I see visions and it happens almost immediately. Only if one can tap into the supernatural and stop looking beyond the physical before you can understand what nature and God is all about.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
OKOATA:
See bro am not going to click any link, religion has no hold on me. Believe is a choice, I am my own god actually, I am the master of my fate and the captain of my soul. I am who I say I am, I am my own creation and I am my own God. I am a very spiritual person, I believe so much beyond the physical into the supernatural. There are things beyond human thinking, demons and angels exist, if those spiritual beings exist so why shouldn’t God exist. To me actually Mother Nature is God and God is Mother nature. I dream so many times and when I wake up the things I dreamt happens that same day or sometimes I see visions and it happens almost immediately. Only if one can tap into the supernatural and stop looking beyond the physical before you can understand what nature and God is all about.
Lol if we are to go by this line of thought, anyone can claim anything and it won't do well to move us forward. So please re-examine these statements.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 8:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
Check this out, proponents of christianity.

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by kevwemanuel: 9:18pm On Feb 05, 2020
Eagleboney:
No I don't mean deist ,Darwin was a pure atheist until he saw the prove of God's existence and retraced his step
What is the proof he saw?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Ekemeze: 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2020
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2020
Mitocyan:
Check this out, proponents of christianity.
lol, this fake report. Only God can save you a swear. peace
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Khaleell001(m): 10:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
NuissancePolice:

@bolded then how did God come to be?

We can ask how God came to be and how the other God came be and like that till eternity.
The only logical reason is, there has to be a beginner with no beginning.

With the complexity of our universe and the galaxy they had to be a Creator one who controls and knows everything that goes on in and out of the universe.

Science itself is still defective in many sense.
Using science to determine certain things as the universe isn't definitive.

I can question you on certain aspects you cling to and you won't be able to proffer a good response to. defend your claim.

Saying there is no God because you can't see Him is way too shallow for any mind to accept.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Ekemeze: 10:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 4:13am On Feb 06, 2020
Ekemeze:

WE have read extensively about BIG BANG theory and evolution, we've been taught in school as well, but how do you expect someone(like me) who has witnessed many miracles, i get to see some things before they happen in my life, i pray and i see positive change, and u expect me not to believe that some supernatural being exist?

Because miracles are made up. Non of your pastors or whoever can demonstrate miracles in public. When asked they'll tell you God works in mysterious ways. That's the trick and modus operandi of snake oil salesmen
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Evangkatsoulis: 8:24am On Feb 06, 2020
pes2019:
If one doesn't believe in God, what belief does such have.
One must believe in sth, I want to know what it is?
Why must one believe in something?
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by hupernikao: 8:35am On Feb 06, 2020
NuissancePolice:

The question of the existence of Jesus and Mohammed is a different subject for debate. The question is, if it is true that God exists and what the bible says will happen to christians who believe in him is true, then

1. Why don't christians do greater works than Jesus christ in our era as promised? In a gathering of say a thousand christians, only one will come up with an unverifiable claim of experiencing miracles.

2. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Why is it that on an average, in a gathering of say 1000 christians,
- less than 1% claim that they have successfully casted out devils while the others don't attempt to do so?
- less than 1% claim to have picked up "serpents" or drink poison successfully. We've had verified cases of a "christian" entering lion's dens etc to prove their faith but sadly end up being killed by the hungry animals but we have never seen a documented case of a successful one.
- less than 1% of christians claim to have reportedly carried out succesful healing by laying of hands etc

BUT: a considerable number of christians speak in tongues. That is the only sign most christians claim to exhibit, while the others seem to be dormant. Could it be that the "speaking in tongues" is more in vogue because there is no way of verifying its authenticity?

Good morning to you Sir/Ma
Please who took this statistics? Can i have a source of this?
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 8:35am On Feb 06, 2020
Mitocyan:

Lol it doesn't matter. Even Isaac Newton Belived there was God. But it is on records today that over 90% of members of academy of science are atheists. And we are both sure that they are more knowledgeable than Charles Darwin and Isaac Newton because knowledge evolves. Admittedly they haven't had as much impact as these two.
Newton didn't believe in god

Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 8:38am On Feb 06, 2020
Eagleboney:
U don't believe that there is God,one of the Greatest scientist Charles Darwin believed God exist
Darwin wouldn't ve considered a theist
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Mitocyan: 8:39am On Feb 06, 2020
jaephoenix:

Newton didn't believe in god

How does this say he doesnt belive in God? Him not holding orthodox Christian views does not in any way mean he didn't belive in God.

For the records though I am atheist.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by hupernikao: 8:49am On Feb 06, 2020
Mitocyan:

How does this say he doesnt belive in God? Him not holding orthodox Christian views does not in any way mean he didn't belive in God.

For the records though I am atheist.

Atheist is the most misused word on Nairaland.

Fortunately for you, from you discussions here, it is obvious you arent an atheist, you are just a believer looking for answers to some unanswered questions.
Keep an open mind as you keep seeking for answers.
Re: Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 06, 2020
hupernikao:

Good morning to you Sir/Ma
Please who took this statistics? Can i have a source of this?

I took the statistics and I am being generous. In reality, 0% actually have substantial proof. You can go to any church and verify

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

"Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" / Pastor chris: Use The Name Of Jesus With Understanding / A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.