Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father (62806 Views)

How Can I Advise A Serial Cheat And Failure Of A Father? / The Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Twerking (photos) / What A Father Told His Daughter A-day Before Her Wedding - Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by lilyheaven: 11:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
fredopareto:
dis ur story get k leg..Neva d less.God sees d hart..

Not a small k-leg , we did the test in two different places, one in Enugu, second one in port- harcourt, both came out negative.
I asked him if he was aware, he said yes.
So how come pregnancy
My dear, medicine is trial and error,
Now, he is a proud father of two, they both look like him.
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by jamesversion: 11:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
Romangalactic:
I'll try to keep my predicament short. I registered a new account for this purpose but I'm sure many of you will understand that sterility is not something to be announced which is exactly how I got myself in this situation. I am 35 and engaged to a beautiful woman who completes me in every way. As much as it hurts me to say this, I have not been totally honest with her about everything.
Just yesterday while we were home together, she told me that she is pregnant . I asked her how sure she is, she said she had done the pee test and that she knows how she is feeling. The issue here is that I am sterile but I have not told her this before so it is impossible that I am responsible.

Please before anyone tells me I deserve this for not opening up to her, I have been undergoing treatment secretly and they say I will be able to father children when it's done so of course, I am hopeful and have not bothered to inform her about any of this. I can't stand losing her for any reason. My issue right now is that I asked my endocrinologist this morning if it's possible that the treatment is already working and he said we have not gone far enough to see any results yet. This means I am definitely not the father of the child she is carrying.

Only one other person in this world knows about my health challenge and that is my cousin. I told him and he told me to break up with my fiancée, someone I have already done introduction with and families are involved. I told him I cannot and that he must take the secret to the grave, he thinks I am making the biggest mistake of my life.
Well I told him my plan is to accept the pregnancy and continue to make her think I don't know she cheated on me. I am doing this with the hope that after we get married, my treatment will be completed and everything will be back to normal. But at the same time, I still can't shake the feeling that I am about to marry someone who cheated and is passing off another man's child as mine, I feel cheated and it hurts.

Can anyone else please tell me what to do about this situation I have found myself? Please I just need to hear from other people besides my cousin. Another thing, he has never really liked my fiancée so I feel that also may be his motivation.
I need neutral opinions please

I have a feeling your cousin impregnated your fiancé

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Rejoice5000(f): 11:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
Osasnidas:
Before you Blame infidelity on the girl, try and check yourself again in another lab or hospital, let them analyse your semen again... Unless if you know your stuff isn't fully operational..
Nice one seconded.
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Sanchez01: 11:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
BarrElChapo:

she's right. dunno why you're laughing. It's a ground for annulment of the marriage. she needn't seek a divorce, why ? he deliberately tricked her into the marriage. Knowing he cannot consummate the marriage.
No, she is not. There are many grounds for divorce and annulment in the world today but saying a union founded on lies is 'automatically null and void' is hilarious.

Who voids or annuls it here? Last I checked, there are hundreds of thousands of unions founded on lies and deceit and some are still standing today. I know one personally and it's because they both had the strength to forgive.

I am not defending the OP but saying but withholding certain information such as body counts, abortion counts, etc all count and people deliberately withhold some of these information for fear of having whatever they had called off.

There is no such thing as automatic annulment. Last I checked, no such law was put in place.

Perhaps I wouldn't find it funny if she said it was her limit.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Rejoice5000(f): 11:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
Romangalactic:
I'll try to keep my predicament short. I registered a new account for this purpose but I'm sure many of you will understand that sterility is not something to be announced which is exactly how I got myself in this situation. I am 35 and engaged to a beautiful woman who completes me in every way. As much as it hurts me to say this, I have not been totally honest with her about everything.
Just yesterday while we were home together, she told me that she is pregnant . I asked her how sure she is, she said she had done the pee test and that she knows how she is feeling. The issue here is that I am sterile but I have not told her this before so it is impossible that I am responsible.

Please before anyone tells me I deserve this for not opening up to her, I have been undergoing treatment secretly and they say I will be able to father children when it's done so of course, I am hopeful and have not bothered to inform her about any of this. I can't stand losing her for any reason. My issue right now is that I asked my endocrinologist this morning if it's possible that the treatment is already working and he said we have not gone far enough to see any results yet. This means I am definitely not the father of the child she is carrying.

Only one other person in this world knows about my health challenge and that is my cousin. I told him and he told me to break up with my fiancée, someone I have already done introduction with and families are involved. I told him I cannot and that he must take the secret to the grave, he thinks I am making the biggest mistake of my life.
Well I told him my plan is to accept the pregnancy and continue to make her think I don't know she cheated on me. I am doing this with the hope that after we get married, my treatment will be completed and everything will be back to normal. But at the same time, I still can't shake the feeling that I am about to marry someone who cheated and is passing off another man's child as mine, I feel cheated and it hurts.

Can anyone else please tell me what to do about this situation I have found myself? Please I just need to hear from other people besides my cousin. Another thing, he has never really liked my fiancée so I feel that also may be his motivation.
You are the father of that child.forget doctor's report.Dont u believe in miracles?
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by husu(m): 12:01am On Feb 06, 2020
Romangalactic:

You're not sterile young man, the doctor us deceiving you to make more money from you. I was there before. Once you're producing sperm, you can impregnate but the chance may be low. The child is yours
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by FirstbornWds: 12:04am On Feb 06, 2020
This has got to be the best apt reply here today.. So on point.
Sanchez01:
Whatever your reasons are for not telling her holds no water. You established the relationship on a lie and deceit and it is somewhat hilarious that you are not sure whether or not you are getting the same treatment right now.

While I don't want to authoritatively assert that she cheated, I feel your best chance right now is to wait after nine months and run a DNA test on the child, albeit secretly (for your sake and hers).

On a lighter note, you probably should get sewing threads of different colours, say five, tie them simultaneously around a long broom or a long nail. Rub it against the dirt or sand to make it look dirty a bit and cook up a story about some practice in your parent's lineage. Ask her to confirm you own the pregnancy over the jargon you made, but not without warning her of the grave consequences. Your truth will come out. grin

Last, last, you both are truly meant for each other.
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Omofranca(f): 12:07am On Feb 06, 2020
Romangalactic:

No, you cannot say 100% that you are not the father because nature is funny. Before you go suspecting a lady who may be innocent, let me tell you authoritatively that it is possible for instance for a woman who has had her tubes tied or both tubes blocked to become pregnant, a man who has had a vasectomy to impregnate a woman, a woman without a womb to become pregnant and carry to term (the 'determined' baby simply grows a placenta/ amniotic sac elsewhere in the body) and a man with a very low count to impregnate a woman if she's very fertile - we're not even talking religion here, there are scientifically proven cases for the above examples.

If all fathers with faithful partners were to take fertility tests, you may be shocked to discover that some of them would be diagnosed as 'sterile' and yet they successfully fathered children!

The only thing that can settle your matter is trust, and where this is absent, a DNA test.
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Homguy(m): 12:09am On Feb 06, 2020
Romangalactic:

so she gave you a child that's not yours this time, be ready for when she shovels some good load of HIV and what not to you.
Enjoy your living your lie.
Cheers!
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by saasala(m): 12:16am On Feb 06, 2020
Romangalactic:

I am fully operational but sterile. I will have to find a way to make the trip and see my endocrinologist so he can take samples, my next consultation was not due for another four months but I'm really praying the child is mine.

Oga, that child could be yours.

Sterile could mean you have very low sperm count. Low sperm count means that the number of sperm in the semen you ejaculate in her vagina might be very minute, not that they dont exist at all. And I tell you that, if there is just 1 or 2 sperms in your plenty semen instead of millions, that 1 or 2 might just luckily swim to the egg and get her pregnant. Such case could be 1 in 100 billion but its possible.

Go ahead with the wedding, do a DNA after wedding. If the child is yours, shout Halleluyah, if its not, tell your wife about your findings, make her know you know the truth, forgive her, beg her not to cheat again, adopt the child and train him/her. It could be the only child you'll ever have.

Bye.
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Sergioaguero: 12:19am On Feb 06, 2020
What is the origin of your being sterile? Let's start there?
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 06, 2020
I don't buy into the notion she evened up your withholding a truth by cheating to the point of getting pregnant. In fact it served her right that by withholding that truth she got exposed (if actually she cheated).
This is something you should thank God for.
There is no comparison between withholding a story and cheating.
If after checking up yourself in another hospital it was confirmed you still can't father a child then expose the bitch and dump her right away.
Please don't confront her till it's too late for her to safely abort the baby so she do become a baby mama as punishment.
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by maya007: 12:20am On Feb 06, 2020
it's a in and out situation for u ooo...
what if the treatment ur undergoing doesnt work and the child is the only means for u to even have one?
what if the child is actually urs and u confront her and it tarnishes how she sees u cause it will mean u dont trust her?
ild advice u come out plain and tell her calmly ur situation and tell her ur still ok with it if d child is not urs and dont leave her cause ur wrong you shuld have told her right from the start.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Dearlord(m): 12:26am On Feb 06, 2020
Please, can somebody tell me how much paternity test cost?
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by midnighter(f): 12:35am On Feb 06, 2020
Romangalactic:

I had an STinfection I never knew about until I began noticing white fluid forming around the tip of my privates, it looked like semen so at first I thought maybe while i was asleep I was aroused but when I began experiencing burning sensations while peeing, i just had to get myself checked out. They found out it was a urinary tract infection left untreated for too long that reached my prostate

I could give more details but I'm afraid i don't want to go too much into all of it if you don't mind.

Sorry about that, we hope your fertility can be restored. Please try to tell the truth in future even though it may be embarrassing, your deception is quite bad since the majority of people blame women (and women blame themselves) for childbearing issues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by OkoroPeugeot(m): 12:40am On Feb 06, 2020
I don't have a neutral opinion.

Just don't come here next year with another handle and be looking for sympathy.
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:40am On Feb 06, 2020
Your girl fvcked a man cos you are not
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by BarrElChapo(m): 12:44am On Feb 06, 2020
Sanchez01:

No, she is not. There are many grounds for divorce and annulment in the world today but saying a union founded on lies is 'automatically null and void' is hilarious.

Who voids or annuls it here? Last I checked, there are hundreds of thousands of unions founded on lies and deceit and some are still standing today. I know one personally and it's because they both had the strength to forgive.

I am not defending the OP but saying but withholding certain information such as body counts, abortion counts, etc all count and people deliberately withhold some of these information for fear of having whatever they had called off.

There is no such thing as automatic annulment. Last I checked, no such law was put in place.

Perhaps I wouldn't find it funny if she said it was her limit.

I & she weren't speaking from emotions are you are right now. Legally in the eyes of the law if he marries her, that marriage never happened.
Saying there's no law in place is so naive a statement from you but I'd ask you to do your research & I'd help you Google "matrimonial causes act" that's our codified law read up and enlighten yourself so you'd not make silly assumptions/assertions after now. If you got lawyer friends engage them for more information. Cheers !
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by petitejolie(f): 12:49am On Feb 06, 2020
Romangalactic:

u shouldn't marry her yet. Until she delivers and u do a DNA test. But I think u should just open up. It will save u a lot and who knows maybe a miracle just happened

1 Like

Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by prostvision2: 12:56am On Feb 06, 2020
Brother you better let her know about it how can you father a child that you know that is not yours ? if you want her why not abort the child till you get heal and then have yours both of you are at fault if she goes that means she is not meant to stay in the first place a good woman will stick with you to find the solution if is not what can be cure then both of and the family will agrees for separation, do you kn what it means that your training someone and within you you know is not yours even if you keep it secret you will be surprise that one day the secret will be leak maybe after you have gone is better that you end it here now dont think of now think of future thanks separate relationship is better than separate marriage or marriage
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by alfasexy: 12:57am On Feb 06, 2020
SO MUMU PEOPLE STILL DEY
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by KosiGee(m): 1:06am On Feb 06, 2020
Romangalactic:

That you're male and this is coming from you is a little overwhelming. Are you a doctor and did you notice that the person treating me is an endocrinologist? What do you think these people do?
I really don't need this please

It’s either you are lying to everyone here or your endocrinologist is also spinning some yarns over your head. He might be your own karma and nemesis.
Spare us the long and high sounding name. Any good doctor can treat your type of infection successfully...you claim you are 35 with an infection which is probably gonorrhoea...which seemed to have affected your prostate!

Wheh did you contract this infection? You should be able to tell whom you got it from...except maybe you have multi sexual partners and therefore couldn’t pinpoint the ‘nice unselfish’ woman who shared that.

If your story is true, std like gonorrhoea wouldn’t take long to present itself in which case, you would’ve started treatment early...the story about your ‘endocrinologist’ treating and possibly scaring you about sterility is nonsense...He is gonna ‘hammer’ on your case..and I think this person is going to squeeze you till you drop your last kobo.

You are the cheat and the liar here. That lady hasn’t cheated on you and I’m sad I’m going to say this....that baby is yours 100%. It would’ve been nice to play with your head like your endocrinologist and make you believe that your ‘good seeds’ have gone AWOL and only this miracle worker of an endocrinologist would locate and bring them back.

Stop accusing that lady.
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Caseless: 1:09am On Feb 06, 2020
@Romangalactic , your babe is not pregnant. She's found out about your medical condition and she's trying to confirm if true. She knows you're sterile.

And if she truly is, then, it's possible since there's nothing God cannot do. Your system might be different that you become productive while undergoing treatment. God is still wonderful!
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by therajah: 1:11am On Feb 06, 2020
I bliv you are the father of the child.
But you are wicked and unfairhful. Its unfair if you av dat kind of issues and you dont tell her...haba!!
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Amanda4life: 1:15am On Feb 06, 2020
Please can I know your count?
Is it below one million?

Because there are ones treatment does not cure.

But once you have been pronounced sterile.
Its such a very difficult thing
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Amanda4life: 1:21am On Feb 06, 2020
See please don't let her know.

Just allo her to have as many children as she can for future sake.

Do you want to be childless all your life time?
How happy can you be if you don't have someone calling you daddy.

Just convince your cousin that the treatment you are taking is working.

Can you be able to handle the agony of childless ness?.

Comon , think

Non of us giving you all kinds of advice on naira land will give our own child to you to take care of you when you are old.
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Powersurge: 1:21am On Feb 06, 2020
Romangalactic:

Firstly, against those bashing you for not telling her,I am glad you didn't tell her.

Now to the issue, forever is a long time. From 35 to the grave (all other things been equal) is still far. I can tell you authoritatively that your cousin would be right in a long run. Anybody that is capable of giving another person's child to you to father is capable of murder.

You are 35, but I am sorry to say that you are behaving like a child. A broken marriage (which is not even the case here) is better than a broken home. Questions: how are you sure the real father will not come for the child one day? Oh! You feel he doesn't know? Wait until he is in the position to drag you. Perhaps you would have been in a more influential position by then. Such case could shatter your career.

How are you sure more bastards will not follow afterwards? Oh! You thought she brought bastard because you are sterile? She brought bastard because she had been fucking other niggas.

I can almost authoritatively tell you that more bastards will come. One single blackmail from the nigga that is responsible for this one will see her spreading her legs at angle of 180 degrees (I am sorry to use those terms for your girl). But you need to understand this.

If you have have financial woes, this type of woman will pack the kids and go; probably to real father's house. She will just show you DNA result dump your ass. These things have led men to commit suicide. Because they happen at the time when one is getting close to the grave. I can't say anymore, go and make your decision. But if she brings bastard without considering the marriage, you should have no care dumping her ass.
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Codeengine007(m): 1:22am On Feb 06, 2020
sad
Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Fortune109: 1:24am On Feb 06, 2020
Realtalk20:
They have come again with their fake stories written by mods

Abio

Re: I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father by Libatine: 1:28am On Feb 06, 2020
Let's assume you were treated as you hope, but this one no be your own. You later have your own. Will you still trust & love her like before knowing that she cheated.

Hmmm... I suspect your best friend (secret keeper) to be the father.
E fit be say somebody want take advantage of your predicament. Some secrets are open secret after all.
Save yourself the stress, say the truth. Heaven will not fall. [b]Let's assume you were treated as you hope, but this one no be your own. You later have your own. Will you still trust & love her like before knowing that she cheated.

E fit be say somebody want take advantage of your predicament. Some secrets are open secret after all.
Save yourself the stress, say the truth. Heaven will not fall. [/b]Let's assume you were treated as you hope, but this one no be your own. You later have your own. Will you still trust & love her like before knowing that she cheated.

Save yourself the stress, say the truth. Heaven will not fall.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Youths Catch Man Having Sex With Married Woman In The Bush In Owerri / Husband Catches His Wife & Lover Having Sex In Zimbabwe / It's A Man That Will Pay For It. Stop Exposing It - Mum Scolds Daughter (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.