Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) (55644 Views)

See The Snail Soup A Nigerian Lady Cooked For Her Man / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. / The Pot Of Soup A Man Cooked With N1000 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Switruth: 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
NobleAngell:
I would love to taste this.
. It simply means cold peppersoup
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by ruffDiamond: 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
Disgusting
wetin u mean by that? u dey cra.ze?.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by ogahope(m): 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:
There is a soup called Irhibotor by the Urhobo people in Delta State.

The soup is cooked without fire and it's been a life saver to Urhobo or delta students in the University or polytechnic when they are so broke.

The most cheapest soup in NIGERIA.

As a lady from Delta State, especially an urhobo lady, if you can't cook the Irhibotor soup then you are not a real Urhobo woman.

The soup is part of the culture, lol.

When you have a fever, you can take it with yam or Eba and your fever will definitely disappear. Lol

Introducing the Urhobo Irhibotor soup.
5 gbosa for irhibota. Quick action soup.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
ruffDiamond:
wetin u mean by that? u dey cra.ze?.

Please wait while your thunder is processing
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Gordonz07(m): 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Well there is what we call Erhei in Urhobo language, honestly i don't know the English name.

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Then you can use fish, preferably bonga fish.
Salt.
Maggi.

First of all put the crayfish on a frying pan without Groundnut oil and fry it like that, let it become dry a little then Grind the dry pepper, the Erhei and the crayfish together.

Then roast your bonga fish separately.

Then add the grinded pepper and the Erhei and the cray fish that together in a plate, add little water, add little salt and Maggie and the roasted bonga fish.
Mix them together and there you have your Irhibotor soup.

Honestly, we call this in my language pocho..... grin
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Auntyesther(f): 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
GODPUNISHALABI:
undecided disgusting piece of shît...who tha F uck eats this shît...looks like something brewed in da sewer...f ûck mehn bîtch you just killed my appetite...ama fûcking break somfin cos of this disgusting piece of shît.... reason why a nigga ain’t marrying no bitch that ain’t from the east side...bitch fuçk you
Enyia zuzu jee noru ala! Apali... someone like you doesn't have ingredients nor utensils but your here making noise

3 Likes

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Enwhen(m): 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
safarigirl:
lol, which white man?

Why should he care about selling soup to the white man?

See, my foreign inlaw, them like that soup die, but no be the way he take describe and picture the soup.... The soup fit win world soup award self...we can sell that soup to the world... The Maggie is boiled along with the water , he didn't inform u, even sea fish and croacker fish can also be use for it...the soup even belong to the ISOKO PEOPLE OF DELTA and not the URHOBO, tho, they almost thesame people.

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Stevewonder004(m): 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
We have same kind of soup from my own side of igbo.
Enugu to be precise.., its called "akwu nose"
Or "ikwo akpoko"
You just grind enough peper mixed with crayfish, and dry ugba or okpei, put salt and add litle palm oil to reduce the peperish of the peper.
Get ur ogodo onunu, or aribo esere ese, or okpologo.
Food is ready my people.
Do u mind joing pls?
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Nickymezor(f): 9:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
Weird soup
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by GODPUNISHALABI: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Auntyesther:
Enyia zuzu jee noru ala! Apali... someone like you doesn't have ingredients nor utensils but your here making noise
yo bitch you rolling from the east side..I gat mad love for bitches from the east side...but bitch why you gon put a brother down like that??....you know we suppose to gat each other’s back outchea?
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by HowDareU: 9:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
Urhobo wado. Chai my mama teach me this soup oh. Mummy miguo. My friend Ovie prepared it back then in OOU. It was truly a life saver.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by bigstan11787(m): 9:12pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

The soup is cooked without fire and it's been a life saver to Urhobo or delta students in the University or polytechnic when they are so broke.

As a lady from Delta State, especially an urhobo lady, if you can't cook the Irhibotor soup then you are not a real Urhobo woman.

When you have a fever, you can take it with yam or Eba and your fever will definitely disappear. Lol

Am proudly Urhobo man.. I can boldly say that: this soup is a goat
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Well there is what we call Erhei in Urhobo language, honestly i don't know the English name.

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Salt.
Maggi.

First of all put the crayfish on a frying pan without Groundnut oil and fry it like that, let it become dry a little then Grind the dry pepper, the Erhei and the crayfish together.

Then add the grinded pepper and the Erhei and the cray fish that together in a plate, add little water, add little salt and Maggie and the roasted bonga fish.

Isokos call it it iziwotor soup

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Efewestern: 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

I grew up in Delta, so I should know, but prior to now I’d never heard about it.

You grew up in Delta and you aren't aware of a soup such as this? this food is common amongst the Urhobo and Isoko people, a very popular cuisine in Delta central and south.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by AmadorSays: 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

abeg na which kind plate be that one
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by delpee(f): 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
Taking raw Maggi isn’t right in my humble opinion. It should be cooked with food!
Use of onions, iru, ogiri, dawadawa, crayfish and other spices will serve the same purpose with less sodium.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Czartega(m): 9:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
GODPUNISHALABI:
undecided disgusting piece of shît...who tha F uck eats this shît...looks like something brewed in da sewer...f ûck mehn bîtch you just killed my appetite...ama fûcking break somfin cos of this disgusting piece of shît.... reason why a nigga ain’t marrying no bitch that ain’t from the east side...bitch fuçk you

Hilarious.... If you want to break something, break your father's head. If I can even call that (head) something grin
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Efewestern: 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
Enwhen:

Why are u showing us the poverty version of Irhibotor ??,

Look at how that place is even dirty.... How do u want to sell this to other tribe let alone a white man ?

We do not need the validation of others, the picture the OP uploaded is a typical example of Irhibotor.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by xcelentattitude(m): 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Salt.
Maggi.

How is this a life saver if you have to go through all this trouble in preparing it.

Person Neva die before all of dis go finish
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Czartega(m): 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
feldido:
We Ijaws call it Kirigina

Tombra! grin
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by saasala(m): 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2020
GODPUNISHALABI:

I dont give a flying sh1t about your morafucking sh1tty comment.....But I just want to know something: Why da fvck did you choose that fvcking username(moniker)? Who the hell is Aalabi and why must God punish him
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Czartega(m): 9:25pm On Feb 07, 2020
AshiraWealthy:
And you say its not cooked with fire and the roasting of erile or what is it called is done with what?
You people shouldn't have even put anything in the fire including the fish. Let know its completely raw soup.

Anyways, me I'll pass.
Thank you.

Lol... Be easy on us! cheesy
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by seborrhic: 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
arukwe123:
No matter how soup sweet, if it's not hygienic I ain't eating.
Nothing that enters the mouth should be uncooked.
That's invitation to diarrhea and agony.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Novaccines: 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
Wow
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Czartega(m): 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
favour32:

Nai be wayo wayo way to cook wayo soup.
It takes a genius to come up with such recipes and a delicious soup is prepared without fire.

Lol.... I keep correcting people. It's Urhobó wadó. There is nothing cunning about us. We don't do wayo. We just have a great sense of humor... AREA!
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by seborrhic: 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
arukwe123:
No matter how soup sweet, if it's not hygienic I ain't eating.
Nothing that enters the tommy should be uncooked.
That's invitation to diarrhea and agony.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Lastmankc(m): 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
Be care of what you eat. Coronavirus is everywhere
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by royalfly(m): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ose ani.. In Akwukwu Igbo delta state.. Lovely
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

I can relate.. I miss warri.. grin grin chai
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Czartega(m): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
Novaccines:
Wow

Your money dey loss? In fact how much is the whole amount that you have put in offering. If you too complain now Dem go count all the money wey you don put, give you back grin
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Ishilove: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2020
Olujoe1:
Ebo ree (oblation)
ROTFLMAO!! cheesy

Nairalanders wee not kee me cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by rapid101(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Use Erhei.
Crayfish. (optional)
Dry pepper.
Salt.
Maggi.
red oil.(optional)
akanwu

First of all put the crayfish on a frying pan without red oil and fry it like that, nd also dry the erhei on a heated fire to let it become dry a little then Grind the dry pepper, the Erhei and the crayfish together.

Then add the grinded pepper and the Erhei and the cray fish that together in a plate, add little water, add little salt and Maggie and the roasted bonga fish nd red oil (optional)

corrected

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

13 Pictures Of Party Food That Make Us Happy To Be Nigerian / Garri (cassava Flakes) With Blocked Water (picture Attached) / 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.