Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,796 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). (63829 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2010
debosky:

Dude I wasn't talking about you. Some so called fans have said they'd prefer to go the next 5 years without winning, as long as it's another manager not AW - does that sound reasonable?.

Its perfectly reasonable. How can you continue to endure a hopeless situation. Wenger has shown that his best is not good enough in todays climate why not try someone else with a 50% chance of success vs Wenger with a 1% chance?

Dominated? I think not - the issue is that we didn't create enough chances, but even the most optimistic Utd fan wouldn't say they dominated, especially in the second half.

Can you give us the game stats. How many shot at goal did you have vs man Utd. Every stat pointed to the fact that Man Utd totally dominated the game.

All the above are true, but even when we were at our 'best' in previous years United have beaten us, so what is the real issue here? Note I'm not saying that we should just accept the defeat, but losing to your great rival is not an odd occurrence.

Losing to top teams for 10 games in a row should be worrisome to any club with a shade of ambition, I guess not GAYYners.

Slow your roll - even the most ardent Utd fan will say their team was mediocre as well last night. It wasn't a good game overall, but they just shaded it.

Give us the game stats to show that they JUST shaded it.

This is a near meaningless statistic to me, only good for 'bragging' - while I don't like losing to Utd, the near 'obsession' with the game is unrealistic. It is three points just like the rest.

Words of a loser. Soon it would be why worry about the League or CL its just a trophy like Emirates and carling

You're listening to too much hype and punditry. The issue THIS season is not with beating 'big' teams, but with beating the smaller ones - we've dropped just as many against just promoted teams, at home no less.

You lose to all big teams, you lose to small teams. What better definition can you give to USELESS

This 'streak' obsession is an unfortunate output of not winning the league in a while - many of y'all now look at beating the 'top teams' as your season high points instead of looking at winning the league/trophies.
It's a wrong perspective in my opinion

When you dont win a trophy, all these come to the fore.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by debosky(m): 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2010
dayokanu:

Its perfectly reasonable. How can you continue to endure a hopeless situation. Wenger has shown that his best is not good enough in todays climate why not try someone else with a 50% chance of success vs Wenger with a 1% chance?

Only a M0R0N person could say the above, thanks for the confirmation DK. grin

Can you give us the game stats. How many shot at goal did you have vs man Utd. Every stat pointed to the fact that Man Utd totally dominated the game.

Again, more moronic behaviour. 51% to 49% possession is 'domination'? 15 shots versus 11 is domination? 

Do you even know the meaning of the word?

Give us the game stats to show that they JUST shaded it.

Final score 1-0, possession 51% to 49%, corners 5 to 4.

Why am I bothering. . . .being a M0R0N, DK cannot comprehend the above. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2010
debosky:

Only a M0R0N person could say the above, thanks for the confirmation DK. grin
Again, more moronic behaviour. 51% to 49% possession is 'domination'? 15 shots versus 11 is domination?

How many saves did either keeper make? How many attempt at goal did both teams have, I know all GAYYners are senseless but at the minimum, Someone should reason for 10minutes a day. Maybe A 40 might be the most sensible GAYYner afterall. Not surprising cos he used to support Bayern before the greap deoression came on him.

Final score 1-0, possession 51% to 49%, corners 5 to 4.

Why am I bothering. . . .being a M0R0N, DK cannot comprehend the above. grin

No wonder your team is on the 5th trophyless season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by presido1: 10:37pm On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

and 24 hrs later, hnic is yet to be found. the police are still looking for him. grin
Hahahahaha Prince DR Alhaji PDP ACN, NRC Chief Imam Rev Nasiru disappointed him last nite. Dude come out from hiding mode ur mates are here.
Debo, A40, dipo are all here
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by A40(m): 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2010
debosky:

Dude I wasn't talking about you. Some so called fans have said they'd prefer to go the next 5 years without winning, as long as it's another manager not AW - does that sound reasonable?
I thought you where when you mentioned the rating thing

debosky:

Dominated? I think not - the issue is that we didn't create enough chances, but even the most optimistic Utd fan wouldn't say they dominated, especially in the second half.
Not creating enough is putting it mildly we didnt create any! Just one clear chance all game

debosky:

All the above are true, but even when we were at our 'best' in previous years United have beaten us, so what is the real issue here? Note I'm not saying that we should just accept the defeat, but losing to your great rival is not an odd occurrence.
When we where at our best we where not losing 5 games in a row to Utd. And they had to play really well to beat us. I guess the narrow scoreline is why everyone here is still acting all chilled and ish

debosky:

Slow your roll - even the most ardent Utd fan will say their team was mediocre as well last night. It wasn't a good game overall, but they just shaded it.
We offered so little they didnt have to hit full throttle to win that game! They went forward when necessary and looked more likely to score than we at all points in time but i have seen it so many times that i know the procedure and you should too. It was like David Haye vs Audley Harrison all over again

debosky:

This is a near meaningless statistic to me, only good for 'bragging' - while I don't like losing to Utd, the near 'obsession' with the game is unrealistic. It is three points just like the rest.
Of course its meaningless but when it becomes customary that Patrice Evra and Didier Drogba mouth off to the press weeks before the game on how they are going to whoop us and it comes to fruition a culture of inferiority complex grows. It may be meaningless to you the fan but to the players the mental block is live and in living color too

debosky:

You're listening to too much hype and punditry. The issue THIS season is not with beating 'big' teams, but with beating the smaller ones - we've dropped just as many against just promoted teams, at home no less.
Hype? Are the numbers lying? Are we winning? How many big teams have we beaten? We have lost to Tottenham,Chelsea and now Man Utd with Man City being the only team we beat. We are losing to both the big and the small teams gee

debosky:

This 'streak' obsession is an unfortunate output of not winning the league in a while - many of y'all now look at beating the 'top teams' as your season high points instead of looking at winning the league/trophies.

It's a wrong perspective in my opinion.
This woulda been a valid point if we actually lost to the big teams and still went on to win ish! We were paired with our so called rivals in 08-09 at crucial stages of the competition and we lost to both. Still boils down to inferiority complex that comes from not beating your rivals
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by debosky(m): 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2010
A-40:

I thought you where when you mentioned the rating thing

I don't agree with your ratings, but I don't think debating that has any value.

Not creating enough is putting it mildly we didnt create any! Just one clear chance all game

Dunno what 'clear' chance means. . . .if Park didn't score, no one would've called that a 'clear' chance. Again this is largely irrelevant. If we created one and scored it, this would be of no meaning now.

When we where at our best we where not losing 5 games in a row to Utd. And they had to play really well to beat us. I guess the narrow scoreline is why everyone here is still acting all chilled and ish

They had to play 5 in midfield and struggled to create as well - that shows you that it wasn't as 'easy' as you think.

We offered so little they didnt have to hit full throttle to win that game! They went forward when necessary and looked more likely to score than we at all points in time but i have seen it so many times that i know the procedure and you should too. It was like David Haye vs Audley Harrison all over again

I disagree - they couldn't do any better than they did. Utd don't do 1-0 wins against Arsenal, unless they struggled themselves.

Of course its meaningless but when it becomes customary that Patrice Evra and Didier Drogba mouth off to the press weeks before the game on how they are going to whoop us and it comes to fruition a culture of inferiority complex grows. It may be meaningless to you the fan but to the players the mental block is live and in living color too

Dunno about that - these boys didn't play as badly as they did against Partizan, but the only difference was the quality of opposition. Or was it a culture of inferiority that caused a bad performance against Partizan too?

Don't confuse mistakes and lack of form on the night as 'inferiority'. Utd were better than us, even if slightly - end of story.

Hype? Are the numbers lying? Are we winning? How many big teams have we beaten? We have lost to Tottenham,Chelsea and now Man Utd with Man City being the only team we beat. We are losing to both the big and the small teams gee

Again, what is the 'value' of beating big teams like we did in 2008 and in 2007? Did it win anything? The focus is a creation of TV hype and nothing more. Now because Tottenham beat us you call them a 'big' side - if we beat them, the claim would still remain that we haven't beat any 'big' sides. Ditto was said about Citeh, who are no longer being called 'big' because we beat them. cheesy

See how you've lost perspective?

This woulda been a valid point if we actually lost to the big teams and still went on to win ish! We were paired with our so called rivals in 08-09 at crucial stages of the competition and we lost to both. Still boils down to inferiority complex that comes from not beating your rivals

Dunno about you, but the season isn't over because we lost to Utd yesterday - feel free to conclude that y'day's game means we won't win ish, but I'd rather wait till the end of the season.

Fixating on beating Utd and Chelski is of little value - I saw no value in the 2008/09 season where we gave a lot of energy to beat Utd and were nowhere in contention, and I see little value in it now.

Do the business against other teams and you won't need to worry about the so called 'rivals'.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by presido1: 11:29pm On Dec 14, 2010
debosky:

Do the business against other teams and you won't need to worry about the so called 'rivals'.
Do sincerely believe you gonna do the business against other teams? So far you have not done that and going by history your team never do well after xmas and new yr. In as much as the PL is not won in dec. i don't see arsenal winning it not because am a Man United, its just the gospel truth.
Like somebody wrote somewhere Arsenal still own Man U, Chavs, Spurs, 3 pts each add that to other "this and that" points lost somewhere you will definitely come short by may.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2010
debosky:

Fixating on beating Utd and Chelski is of little value - I saw no value in the 2008/09 season where we gave a lot of energy to beat Utd and were nowhere in contention, and I see little value in it now.

this is not correct. there are two ways to go about it. when you don't beat your "rivals", you must at least pummel the smaller teams beyond recognition and get maximum points from those. in the 08/09 season you are talking about, united had an abysmal record in the grand slam games but they took 70 points from the 72 available against the bottom 12 teams. arsenal are not using that blueprint this season as you have lost to west brom and newcastle at home already. it means you cannot beat your big rivals and you are not even beating the smaller teams. it's a big concern.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by A40(m): 11:53pm On Dec 14, 2010
debosky:

I don't agree with your ratings, but I don't think debating that has any value.
You dont have to and i dont need you to. Its my own rating of the game i belive we played that poorly

debosky:

Dunno what 'clear' chance means. . . .if Park didn't score, no one would've called that a 'clear' chance. Again this is largely irrelevant. If we created one and scored it, this would be of no meaning now.
Simple! Shots on goal. How many saves did Van Der Sar make? If you dont find it disgraceful that a top team could create just one chance all game in a match of this magnitude then. . .

debosky:

They had to play 5 in midfield and struggled to create as well - that shows you that it wasn't as 'easy' as you think.
They always do that more often than not with Nani and Park on the flanks to dominate our midfield and pin our fullbacks back you of all people should know this. They struggled to create but had a clear penalty waved off and Szcesny was making his 3rd save not even midway into the first half

debosky:

I disagree - they couldn't do any better than they did. Utd don't do 1-0 wins against Arsenal, unless they struggled themselves.
Of course it is very easy for you to disagree, of a truth they couldnt do better cos Szcesny was brilliant,The ref overlooked a legit penalty and Rooney tried to score a field goal NFL style from the penalty spot

debosky:

Dunno about that - these boys didn't play as badly as they did against Partizan, but the only difference was the quality of opposition. Or was it a culture of inferiority that caused a bad performance against Partizan too?
But did not play better either! If Partizan had something to play for i doubt we woulda won that match. The team has been playing poorly for sometime but where is the rule that says they could not raise their game against Utd or is that an impossibility?

debosky:

Don't confuse mistakes and lack of form on the night as 'inferiority'. Utd were better than us, even if slightly - end of story.
What should i confuse it for? Is it the first time we are witnessing these mistakes. Why isnt the other team ever doing the mistakes

debosky:

Again, what is the 'value' of beating big teams like we did in 2008 and in 2007? Did it win anything? The focus is a creation of TV hype and nothing more. Now because Tottenham beat us you call them a 'big' side - if we beat them, the claim would still remain that we haven't beat any 'big' sides. Ditto was said about Citeh, who are no longer being called 'big' because we beat them. cheesy See how you've lost perspective?
There is a value when we beat them when it matters gee! In 08 we went head to head with Liverpool in the CL and lost! We needed a result any result to hold on to the title at Chelsea we couldnt manage that. Where did we lose out in the title race? At OT! Was it not Hargreaves free kick that dealt the killer blow to our title chase that year?  Levels don change at Tottenham the sooner some of y'all realize that the better! heck you would the events of November 20 would teach peeps a lesson. We are level on points with Man City! I would not join yall to pipedream its not till we end up like Liverpool before we try in our own little way to point out what is wrong and if that is losing perspective to you may i never find it

debosky:

Dunno about you, but the season isn't over because we lost to Utd yesterday - feel free to conclude that y'day's game means we won't win ish, but I'd rather wait till the end of the season.

No one is saying the title race is over far from it. And neither did i say we would not win ish based on yesterday's game but there would be times where we would need to beat these rivals either in a league deciding game or a cup final or semi. Would you be able to put your money where your mouth is and bet a stack on Arsenal??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Ibime(m): 2:06am On Dec 15, 2010
Arshavin should be shipped out like yesterday.

The guy simply does not protect possession of the ball. He gives it away so sloppily by trying some stupid flicks. His lackadaisical attitude to preserving possession is an insult to his team-mates who work hard to win the ball for him only for him to fritter it away.

ARSHAVINS TIME AT ARSENAL IS AN UNMITIGATED FAILURE!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by tkb417(m): 7:11am On Dec 15, 2010
Good clear debate by Debo and 40

But I won't read meanings into that loss. A loss for UTD would have been a loss too many for us cos the confidence level for ur team would have soared to a very high level while ours would suffer a setback

Looking @ the game, I think Arsenals overall play was poor, the team created lil chances, passes in d final third were woeful and maybe the pitch added to d mvts of people and d ball-dunno

Nonetheless, the title is still up for grabs for everyone including citey but a loss for Arsenal and a win for UTD against Chelsea would paint a very different picture.

So ur prayer point is clear

You shouldn't lose to Chelsea if UTD beat them
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by aieromon(m): 7:56am On Dec 15, 2010
This same argument will play out should Chelsea crush Asnal at the Emirates.
Same old song.I'll bring this page back on that day.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by codedguy1(m): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2010
Arsenal should just make sure they win their next match cos all this talk about beating United who is supposed to be a 'direct rival' would mean nada.

They are still in the race for the title and should pull themselves together for the next game.

What's the use arguing bout what happened at OT if they lose to stoke.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by aieromon(m): 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
Winning Stoke will count for nothing if they lose yet again to Chelsea.Chelsea has always had issues with December/January fixtures so this is a great opportunity to redeem their image and save face from dayokanu.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2010
aieromon:

Winning Stoke will count for nothing if they lose yet again to Chelsea.Chelsea has always had issues with December/January fixtures so this is a great opportunity to redeem their image and save face from dayokanu.

How can a trophyless club have any image?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by debosky(m): 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2010
A-40:

But did not play better either! If Partizan had something to play for i doubt we woulda won that match. The team has been playing poorly for sometime but where is the rule that says they could not raise their game against Utd or is that an impossibility?

I don’t know - the issue is, this isn’t some ‘beating big teams’ issue as lazily presented - it appears to be something more fundamental with the team at the moment.

What should i confuse it for? Is it the first time we are witnessing these mistakes. Why isnt the other team ever doing the mistakes

So we make mistakes because of ‘mentality’ alone? Seriously dude - stop feeding on lazy analysis. Looking through key parts of the team, especially in defence, we are obviously weaker than Utd.

Instead of inventing things like inferiority complex, why not look at the quality of the side instead?

I would not join yall to pipedream its not till we end up like Liverpool before we try in our own little way to point out what is wrong and if that is losing perspective to you may i never find it

Arguably our two best players weren’t match fit/ready, and our best defender’s been out all season. Yet we’re two points off the top. Now that is what perspective is, not claiming we can end up like Liverpool because we lost to Utd.

I have concerns like anyone else, but a lot of fans take the slightest opportunity to go off the deep end, and I don’t accept that.

No one is saying the title race is over far from it. And neither did i say we would not win ish based on yesterday's game but there would be times where we would need to beat these rivals either in a league deciding game or a cup final or semi. Would you be able to put your money where your mouth is and bet a stack on Arsenal??

Dunno - but last I checked, Utd’s league title in the year they lost almost all the ‘top 4’ games isn’t any less than the others they’ve won.

If we have such an issue beating the top teams, then focus on beating the others.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2010
If we didnt do a 'liverpool' in the last 5 years,then I dont think we will ever (or at least while AW is in charge).

Debo just pointed out what I have said over and over again. Arsenal have missed at least 3 of their first team players for the most of the season so far. And in very sensitive positions too. We all know what chelsea went thru when terry was out,and we also know what happened to manure when they had to use fletcher as CB. Now,Verm hasnt kicked a ball all season and we are still second on the table. It clearly means we have better days ahead when Verm comes back (soon,i hope),Fab is fit and Rvp is hitting goals. Better day in this context translates to us being genuine contenders. Cos so far we have DONE WELL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2010
well i just have one weeny tiny question.

after this season, can we try another coach? cuz really am fed up with all this somebody knows tripe. 6 years is too long for any decent side laying claim to elite status to go without winning anything. and i really dunno what new magic monsieur hook nose wants to perform.

there is not just one way to do things. its time to move on. shift the guy into director of football or sumtin and give someone else the team to handle and lets see. this is becoming embarrassing. we can continue looking for positives all we like but its abundantly clear that shyte aint getting desired effect.

all this, player this is indispensable, manager that is irreplaceable rubbish is really beginning to grate my nerves. trophy producing long ball is better than no result producing short passes jare
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2010
^^
if its as bad as that, 60,000 fans wont be showing up at the Grove every weekend. It annoyin that its bn 5yrs,but our case isnt hopeless a la Liverpool. Arsenal's selling point has bn the beauty of our game and if every business is for profit, I say we 'sell more'. I want arsenal to win trophies as bad as you want too,but whats the sense in sacking a coach who has always ranked among the top 10 coaches in world football even without winning a spoon,when none of the other top coaches is readily available.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by debosky(m): 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2010
4llerbuntu:

after this season, can we try another coach? cuz really am fed up with all this somebody knows tripe. 6 years is too long for any decent side laying claim to elite status to go without winning anything. and i really dunno what new magic monsieur hook nose wants to perform.

This assumes that the coach is the problem doesn't it? I am not convinced that is the issue - the truth is, AW takes the flak anytime things go wrong, whether as a result of his failing or something else.

Besides, 6 years haven't elapsed yet.

there is not just one way to do things. its time to move on. shift the guy into director of football or sumtin and give someone else the team to handle and lets see. this is becoming embarrassing. we can continue looking for positives all we like but its abundantly clear that shyte aint getting desired effect.

Since everyone is in love with the Liverpool example, I'd ask you to look at what has happened at that club since they decided to change managers and imagine the clamour from the same 'we want Wenger out' folk when results get worse under the new coach,

all this, player this is indispensable, manager that is irreplaceable rubbish is really beginning to grate my nerves. trophy producing long ball is better than no result producing short passes jare

Again, is the issue with the manager or the board? That is the $50,000,000 question for Arsenal FC.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2010
dipo2much:

^^
if its as bad as that, 60,000 fans wont be showing up at the Grove every weekend.

With the number of m0r0nic beings alive its not surprising? How do we get people who go on Jerry Springer show?

debosky:

This assumes that the coach is the problem doesn't it? I am not convinced that is the issue - the truth is, AW takes the flak anytime things go wrong, whether as a result of his failing or something else.

What could possibly be the issue if not the coach, he has tried different set of players in the last 5yrs. Tried different stadium, Tried different ball still same result TROPHYLESSNESS.

4llerbuntu:

You are gradually seeing the truth and the truth would set you free
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2010
* After yet another trophyless season, Arsene Wenger tells Arsenal fans that he has spotted the problems in the side and will regulate them in the transfer market.

* One month after making these comments, and with no one still signed, the apologists begin by claiming that 'Arsene needs to wait for the World Cup to finish' before signing anyone.

* Apologists then come to the realisation that the 15 year olds Wenger intends on signing aren't at the World Cup, since Burundi, Burkina Faso and Zamunda aren't taking part.

* Chamakh comes in on a free. He adds firepower to 'new signings' Eduardo, RVP and Vela (all back from injury of course).

* The World Cup finishes and still no sign of a top defender, top midfielder or top striker. Wenger apologists then claim that Arsene is 'waiting for Godot'.

* A week later, Wenger bemoans the inflated nature of the transfer market.

* Almunia gets a job waitering at the Ivy and Fabianski is hailed as the new Lev Yashin.

* With 2 weeks to go until the start of the season, and still no sign of further additions, Wenger picks up a turd from Hampstead heath and puts it in the squad.

* One day after watching the turd in training, Wenger insists that 'he cannot find anything better than what he currently has'.

* Arsene's cult agree. Some random 'diehard' claims that anyone criticising Wenger's decision to sign the turd should 'go and support Chelski or Citeh'. If Wenger has seen the turd in training then he Knows best.

* The season begins. Arsenal destroy Ebbsfleet 15-1 on the opening day, with the turd even getting in on the act.

* Cue riotous celebrations. 'Arsene Knows' and 'the turd has proved his critics wrong'.

* Turd is given a massive contract extension and bumper pay rise the following day.

* With one week to go until transfer window close, Arsenal are top of the league by alphabetical order mind, so why would he need anyone else?

* Transfer window slams shut. Only then does Wenger reveal he was 'very close' to signing Lio Messi, David Villa, Whitney Houston and Robert Mugabe.

* Arsenal surge to a great run and are top on new year's day!

* Wenger goes on to throw the FA Cup. Range of deluded apologists defend this disgraceful decision.

* In the following weeks, Arsenal play Man United. Despite 100% possession, Arsenal have no shots on goal and lose 5-0 at home to Man United's 3 shots ongoal (plus a Denilson + Fabianski og).

* Random Arsenal player gives a loudmouth interview claiming 'we will learn from this'.

* Two days later, Arsenal go to Stamford Bridge and only manage 80% possession. Didier scores a hat-trick inside 15 minutes.

* The Chelsea back-line and keeper decide to sunbathe for the rest of the match, safe in the knowledge that Arsenal will play one thousand pretty passes in front of the D, without anyone actually shooting.

* Wenger gives post-match interview, furious about Chelsea's 'anti-football' and disgusted that Ancelotti has invented a new on-field collective known as a 'defence'.

* Wenger is even more disgusted at the 6 foot plus fella on the nets preventing the ball going in. Arsene had always thought that bloke's job was to pick the ball out of the net once it had gone in?

* Robin Van Persie injures himself doing the moonwalk. Out for the season.

* Rosicky injures himself eating a Krispy Kreme, Out for '4-6 weeks'. Ends up being out for a decade.

* Arsenal fans claim that 'with a fit Rosicky and RVP' that the UK would definitely have won the Eurovision song contest.

* Now out of the league cup, FA Cup and title race, Arsene Wenger claims that these 3 competitions don't matter, and that only the CL does.

* After his kids have their undies pulled down my Man United in the CL yet again, AW claims he has discovered a new mathematical theory whereby third place is actually superior to first.

* Arsenal fans happily digest this and serenade Wenger, who is offered a contract for life.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by debosky(m): 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2010
dayokanu:

What could possibly be the issue if not the coach, he has tried different set of players in the last 5yrs. Tried different stadium, Tried different ball still same result TROPHYLESSNESS.

As a certified M0R0N, you wouldn't be able to understand even if I explained it to you cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2010
Dayo is just dull and stewpid.
"Tried different ball",lol. This guy is insane
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
debosky:

As a certified M0R0N, you wouldn't be able to understand even if I explained it to you cheesy

Why not try to explain it to the rack of retards in that asylum called Emirates?

dipo2much:

Dayo is just dull and stewpid.
"Tried different ball",lol. This guy is insane

Have you taken your antirabies shot?

He has tried different balls from Adidas to Nike to Umbro still same result Trophylessness,

tried different stadium Highbury, Emirate etc in the last 5 yrs still trophyless.

Tried different players Flamini, Sagna, Arseshaving, Diaby, Van Rap1st still same result
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
^^
Dayo,I'm sure you have sought for help in different places. Church,Mosque,Shrink,Shrine but you are still a M0R0N
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2010
Since your case cant be helped I suggest you just put an end to your miserable existence

You can follow in the footsteps of a fellow GAYYner Seuleiman Alphonso Omondi,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2010
dayokanu:

* After yet another trophyless season, Arsene Wenger tells Arsenal fans that he has spotted the problems in the side and will regulate them in the transfer market.

* One month after making these comments, and with no one still signed, the apologists begin by claiming that 'Arsene needs to wait for the World Cup to finish' before signing anyone.

* Apologists then come to the realisation that the 15 year olds Wenger intends on signing aren't at the World Cup, since Burundi, Burkina Faso and Zamunda aren't taking part.

* Chamakh comes in on a free. He adds firepower to 'new signings' Eduardo, RVP and Vela (all back from injury of course).

* The World Cup finishes and still no sign of a top defender, top midfielder or top striker. Wenger apologists then claim that Arsene is 'waiting for Godot'.

* A week later, Wenger bemoans the inflated nature of the transfer market.

* Almunia gets a job waitering at the Ivy and Fabianski is hailed as the new Lev Yashin.

* With 2 weeks to go until the start of the season, and still no sign of further additions, Wenger picks up a turd from Hampstead heath and puts it in the squad.

* One day after watching the turd in training, Wenger insists that 'he cannot find anything better than what he currently has'.

* Arsene's cult agree. Some random 'diehard' claims that anyone criticising Wenger's decision to sign the turd should 'go and support Chelski or Citeh'. If Wenger has seen the turd in training then he Knows best.

* The season begins. Arsenal destroy Ebbsfleet 15-1 on the opening day, with the turd even getting in on the act.

* Cue riotous celebrations. 'Arsene Knows' and 'the turd has proved his critics wrong'.

* Turd is given a massive contract extension and bumper pay rise the following day.

* With one week to go until transfer window close, Arsenal are top of the league by alphabetical order mind, so why would he need anyone else?

* Transfer window slams shut. Only then does Wenger reveal he was 'very close' to signing Lio Messi, David Villa, Whitney Houston and Robert Mugabe.

* Arsenal surge to a great run and are top on new year's day!

* Wenger goes on to throw the FA Cup. Range of deluded apologists defend this disgraceful decision.

* In the following weeks, Arsenal play Man United. Despite 100% possession, Arsenal have no shots on goal and lose 5-0 at home to Man United's 3 shots ongoal (plus a Denilson + Fabianski og).

* Random Arsenal player gives a loudmouth interview claiming 'we will learn from this'.

* Two days later, Arsenal go to Stamford Bridge and only manage 80% possession. Didier scores a hat-trick inside 15 minutes.

* The Chelsea back-line and keeper decide to sunbathe for the rest of the match, safe in the knowledge that Arsenal will play one thousand pretty passes in front of the D, without anyone actually shooting.

* Wenger gives post-match interview, furious about Chelsea's 'anti-football' and disgusted that Ancelotti has invented a new on-field collective known as a 'defence'.

* Wenger is even more disgusted at the 6 foot plus fella on the nets preventing the ball going in. Arsene had always thought that bloke's job was to pick the ball out of the net once it had gone in?

* Robin Van Persie injures himself doing the moonwalk. Out for the season.

* Rosicky injures himself eating a Krispy Kreme, Out for '4-6 weeks'. Ends up being out for a decade.

* Arsenal fans claim that 'with a fit Rosicky and RVP' that the UK would definitely have won the Eurovision song contest.

* Now out of the league cup, FA Cup and title race, Arsene Wenger claims that these 3 competitions don't matter, and that only the CL does.

* After his kids have their undies pulled down my Man United in the CL yet again, AW claims he has discovered a new mathematical theory whereby third place is actually superior to first.

* Arsenal fans happily digest this and serenade Wenger, who is offered a contract for life.

this is too harsh. i feel sorry for the goons.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2010
debosky:

Since everyone is in love with the Liverpool example, I'd ask you to look at what has happened at that club since they decided to change managers and imagine the clamour from the same 'we want Wenger out' folk when results get worse under the new coach,

How do you know the results will get worse under a new coach?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 6:46pm On Dec 15, 2010
proudly9ja:

Help me ask am o. If Inter Milan had stuck with Mancini fearing a new coach, Would they ever win the treble?

Or If Chelsea had stuck with ranieiri? Obviously WenGAY is clueless and has resorted to giving lame and insane excuse to satisfy loonie fans like Dope2much
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2010
proudly9ja:

of course, it will get worse. the foundation of that arsenal side has been built on french-speaking players. if a new manager gets hired, his first task will be to dismantle the french love. besides that, players who are forever indebted to wenger like fabregas, diaby, eboue, etc will no longer see the essence of staying and will want to move on. there will be unrest in the camp and trust me, the outcome will be disastrous. the only way a new manager can help arsenal's problem is for the owners/shareholders to give him $500 million to shop.

dayokanu:

Help me ask am o. If Inter Milan had stuck with Mancini fearing a new coach, Would they ever win the treble?

Or If Chelsea had stuck with ranieiri? Obviously WenGAY is clueless and has resorted to giving lame and insane excuse to satisfy loonie fans like Dope2much

it's not the same with arsenal. ranieri, mancini and others did not spend a whooping 14 years in their respective clubs when they moved on. wenger is an institution. you just don't remove a manager like such. he signed all the players in arsenal fc. 90% of them from third world countries - thus their undying loyalty to him. if wenger gets sacked tonight, arsenal will not finish in the top ten.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2010
^^^ You would say its better to continue their 2-4th place see-saw till eternity instead of sacking the useless man.

isnt it obvious that wenger has done all he could? The only hope of getting a major trophy now is to hope Fergie has a heart attack or Abramovic stop a bullet in Moscow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020 / Strictly Chelsea Talk:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.