Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered (99349 Views)

World’s Oldest Brewery In Ancient Egyptian City Discovered By Archaeologists / A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why / 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by LevisEluwa: 12:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Sorry I have to quote you twice. I'm not stalking you, I promise.

The story of Adam and Eve is allegorical. It isn't literally true.

As a matter of fact, the name Adam means mankind as confirmed in the Bible. Same with the name Eve.

You can't calculate the age of the earth starting from Adam because no one knows when the planet earth was created.

It could have been there billions of years before the first man walked on it.

There could have been life on this planet for billions of years before the great water deluge which seems to be present in most aboriginal people's stories.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 09, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

You can do better than throwing unnecessary insult because I thought I was dealing with someone that's capable of having an intellectual discourse that is devoid of the usual childish tantrum commonly seen here. If however you're one of those kids that throw diatribe around here unnecessarily, I am sorry to have overstepped my boundary BOSS !
Pardon my intrusion, I dont see any insult in his post, you are the one taking it to another angle.
He made a good point, science has made so much contributions and we just have to acknowledge that...there have been life on earth before most events recorded in most holy books.
The prophets never got to all the parts of the earth, atleast there wasn't any known means of doing that, people had beliefs in other parts which wholly or partly could be borne out of the need to regulate human conduct.
Let's keep learning and reading, it will help.
Do u know that in old times, someone with high fever was assumed to be possessed and killed before the discovery of medicine, what about the lives of most women saved through CS.
You don't want to accept science, note, I am not saying one shouldn't have beliefs, but give room for broader reasoning, don't say don't ask questions or don't talk, that's y science is different, keep asking questions and seeking answers or why do you think it's mandatory we have research questions in projects in universities.
To give a funny illustration, the holy books never told you the body is made up of cells, tissues, organs and systems, science did and we all believe
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Offpoint: 12:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
Originalsly:

Not really. ... just curious and trying to form a general idea. Not expecting you to even say which country.... let alone State... but the fish... what other thing can you venture to say about it?.... is it a known/common fish but just happens to be super old? Just curious.
In my mind I'm thinking.....Hmmmm.... I wonder if this fish is like the man from India/Pakistan who is like 70 years old today but stopped eating period since he was like 12/17 years old?... eats nothing drinks nothing.

There's position it stays, it has never gone out of the place. The place is more like a 2 fit deep hole with a width of 5ft... That place is the only source of drinkable water in the stream.
The fish glows at night...

1 Like

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Originalsly: 1:02pm On Feb 09, 2020
Offpoint:

There's position it stays, it has never gone out of the place. The place is more like a 2 fit deep hole with a width of 5ft... That place is the only source of drinkable water in the stream.
The fish glows at night...

Hmmmm........ maybe related to the electric eel?.... or somehow the candlefly?...just thinking aloud as I scratch my head!
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Ijawwomaninoyo: 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2020
ScotMisile:

Abeg, is it water they are looking for or is there something else?

The thing tire me too o!
A social worker posted it online and asked people to help him tag the location.
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Offpoint: 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
Originalsly:

Hmmmm........ maybe related to the electric eel?.... or somehow the candlefly?...just thinking aloud as I scratch my head!
Nope, I'm a fan of NatGeo Wild and wicked tuna... it's not close to any of them.

1 Like

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Ijawwomaninoyo: 1:08pm On Feb 09, 2020
Haryodeji77:

Where on hell on earth is this place shocked ?

A social worker posted it online and asked people to help him tag the location.

1 Like

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Originalsly: 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
Offpoint:

Nope, I'm a fan of NatGeo Wild and wicked tuna... it's not close to any of them.

More like prehistoric?...sort of?
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by 1Sharon(f): 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2020
FrLukas:

Sorry I have to quote you twice. I'm not stalking you, I promise.

The story of Adam and Eve is allegorical. It isn't literally true.

As a matter of fact, the name Adam means mankind as confirmed in the Bible. Same with the name Eve.

You can't calculate the age of the earth starting from Adam because no one knows when the planet earth was created.

It could have been there billions of years before the first man walked on it.

There could have been life on this planet for billions of years before the great water deluge which seems to be present in most aboriginal people's stories.

Haha..so Christians are now saying Adam and eve are allegories cos you know it doesn't make sense.

So you believe humans lived up to 900yrs old, but think adam and eve is fictional?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by engrchykae(m): 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2020
AlhajiImam:
One of the beautiful creations of Allah
Allah is a God of war not of Creation.
Allahakbar and bombs start going off
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by 1Sharon(f): 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2020
babzo:

Yes age of Adam and the human race.
Gen 1: 2 and Isaiah 24: 1 point to a gap before man that could be billions of years and an existence that we dont fully understand yet, BUT may explain dinosaurs and the 2 billion years required for crude oil to form.
Also Gen 1: 28..God tells man to REPLENISH the Eartha.
Replenish means to re fill. Meaning something was there before, no longer there and needs to be re stocked

So you believe dinosaurs existed and you believe god decided to magically conjure humans( adam and eve) just as they are? grin

And that is how the human population came about?

You're wrong!

Did god create the dinosaurs too??
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by CAPSLOCKED: 1:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
1Sharon:

Haha..so Christians are now saying Adam and eve are allegories cos you know it doesn't make sense.

So you believe humans lived up to 900yrs old, but think adam and eve is fictional?

IF ADAM AND EVE ARE ALLEGORIES, THAT MEANS THERE'S A CHANCE THAT ABRAHAM, MOSES, DOWN TO JESUS ARE ALSO ALLEGORIES. cheesy
CHERRY-PICKERS SHOOTING THEMSELVES LEFT AND RIGHT. HOW CAN THE "ABSOLUTELY TRUE" WORD OF GOD CONTAIN FICTIONAL STORIES AND STILL BE CONSIDERED AS TRUTH?
YOU CAN NOW SEE THAT RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING FROM SOMETHING DEADLY THAT DOESN'T HAVE A CURE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by xcabczyxabczzzz: 1:29pm On Feb 09, 2020
Nwodosis:
History not in our curriculum to avoid the genocide of the past being told.
I honestly believe History wasn't made compulsory in our Curriculum for some sinister reason.
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by 1Sharon(f): 1:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

IF ADAM AND EVE ARE ALLEGORIES, THAT MEANS THERE'S A CHANCE THAT ABRAHAM, MOSES, DOWN TO JESUS ARE ALSO ALLEGORIES. cheesy
CHERRY-PICKERS SHOOTING THEMSELVES LEFT AND RIGHT. HOW CAN THE "ABSOLUTELY TRUE" WORD OF GOD CONTAIN FICTIONAL STORIES AND STILL BE CONSIDERED AS TRUTH?
YOU CAN NOW SEE THAT RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING FROM SOMETHING DEADLY THAT DOESN'T HAVE A CURE.

It sure feels liberating to be free from religion cheesy

It must suck to perform mental gymnastics and rationalise the irrational on a daily

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by 1Sharon(f): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I'm sure the Italians were surprised to death when God started creating the Earth right in front of them .

Lmaoo! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by 1Sharon(f): 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2020
k2money:

I don't have anything against Allah because it's just a language from Arab, which means Olódùmarè in my language.

Allah is no equivalence to olodumare. Olodumare is a completely seperate deity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Adeebiwa09(m): 2:34pm On Feb 09, 2020
DarkJeddi:
I would take you more serious if you are able to explain the existence of God?

How did he come about?

Who created him and how did he come about the ability to create Worlds and other life forms..

You see..

Saying God created everything has not answered the question of how things came to be,you just shifted the Goalpost..

I don't have to prove their is no God..

You have to prove there is God and so far you have not proved ANYTHING..

The Sun is not a Planet so it doesn't move like every other PLANETS..

The Sun doesn't move because there's no force or heavenly body large enough around its vicinity to exert a force on it..

That's Elementary Physics,for a body to move a large enough force must be exerted on it..

On the other hand,it exerts said force on all the nearby Planetary bodies..

The exact same way the Earth exerts a force on its Satellite,the Moon that allows the Moon to move around the Earth..

Try read up a little.. grin

You ask about other SUNS?

Really?

Some questions diminishes your worth in an argument.. shocked

What the furck do you think the STARS are?

They are SUNS..

All manners of shapes and sizes of SUNS..

BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of SUNS..

Lolx hahahahahahah it's very funny. There's a thing about argument that you might not know or utilize. The moment you assume or belittle your "opposing" partner argue on the points made and not on if he has knowledge or not. Basically, the proof for the existence of God is too clear to be unseen. You and I and everything around us is proof. Geography, alignment of the constellations, I mentioned galaxies, parallel universal etc if I know those things is it the reality of suns that I won't know. BTW I don't do argument so much. I have made my own point you disagree. That's cool. I maintain my stance: IT IS ONLY LOGICAL TO THINK AND BELIEVE THAT GOD EXISTS. love you
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Adeebiwa09(m): 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2020
Ausrichie:

So you do not have a Bible? Read it na then do the calculations yourself.

Lolx hahahahahahah you know you can teach me to study it. I don't mind since you and God are mates
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by 1Sharon(f): 3:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
Adeebiwa09:

Lolx hahahahahahah you know you can teach me to study it. I don't mind since you and God are mates

Why should he teach you? Don't you have the holy spirit again?

1 Like

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by LemonBoy1: 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
Freehuman:

Thank you Sir.

Please Sir, who created God?

Why do you believe that something you haven't ever seen (God) created itself but fail to believe that something so large and houses everything (Earth) you can see also created itself ?

The questions are in accordance with your assertion that for there to be existence there must be creation.

However , you believe that there is an exception to that assertion . Your exception is that a God ,you have never seen, created himself out of nothing and proceeded to create everything while the exception of the person you argued with is that the Earth that he sees everything germinate from created itself and therefore created everything.

From an objective perspective your logic and and the logic of the person you quoted follow the same sequence except that yours cannot be proven. At least we have seen plants grow from the Earth but we have never seen life fall from the sky.

Wrong. We have seen extraterrestrial life fall from the sky

1 Like

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Adeebiwa09(m): 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
1Sharon:

Why should he teach you? Don't you have the holy spirit again?

Hahahahahahahahahaha lolx hahahahahahah so you have heard of him. Congratulations you will soon leave creche. Love you
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2020
LemonBoy1:

Wrong. We have seen extraterrestrial life fall from the sky
Lol. Where?
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by LemonBoy1: 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2020
Freehuman:

Lol. Where?

Everywhere. In flying saucers...

1 Like

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by UnknownQueen(f): 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lies.
Is there peace in the world?
Religion alone has done more harm than good.
There's always been wickedness, and there'll always be wickedness and evil.
Nigeria is a religious nation, yet see all the trouble we're going through.

Youre actually right bro, But i tell you the truth, So much more wickedness will abound if we all. live with the consciousness that there's no God, there'll be much more suicide,More people will prefer to die and go into oblivion than go thru phases of pain here, Too much evil will abound, Oh yes I can cause my neighbour so much pain, and feel there's no punishment awaiting me anywhere.....There'll indeed be less people on earth..... Everything bout life will be meaningless.
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2020
1Sharon:

You need to understand that the Bible is a compilation of the history of mankind and also a record of religious practices and beliefs held by man.

For example the story of Job is a didactic take told to pass across a moral.

We tell such tales in our own cultures in Africa too.

So not all the stories are literally true.

But the fact that humans lived upwards of 300 years at a go is factually true.
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by 1Sharon(f): 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
FrLukas:

You need to understand that the Bible is a compilation of the history of mankind and also a record of religious practices and beliefs held by man.

For example the story of Job is a didactic take told to pass across a moral.

We tell such tales in our own cultures in Africa too.

So not all the stories are literally true.

But the fact that humans lived upwards of 300 years at a go is factually true.

Is Jesus allegorical?
It's not a history book.

You said humans lived up to 900, now you're saying they lived up to 300? Which is it?
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by 1Sharon(f): 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2020
UnknownQueen:

Youre actually right bro, But i tell you the truth, So much more wickedness will abound if we all. live with the consciousness that there's no God, there'll be much more suicide,More people will prefer to die and go into oblivion than go thru phases of pain here, Too much evil will abound, Oh yes I can cause my neighbour so much pain, and feel there's no punishment awaiting me anywhere.....There'll indeed be less people on earth..... Everything bout life will be meaningless.

Isn't nigeria a very religious society? And look at how wicked the ppl are.

Japan don't follow any Jesus and look at how healthy their society is.

Religion has failed blk ppl.

1 Like

Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by babzo(m): 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
1Sharon:

So you believe dinosaurs existed and you believe god decided to magically conjure humans( adam and eve) just as they are? grin

And that is how the human population came about?

You're wrong!

Did god create the dinosaurs too??

1) Yes Dinosaurs existed. The evidence is on every continent.
2) The God of the Bible doesn't do magic.
3) Is that a question or assumption?
4) All things were created by God.
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
[quote author=1Sharon post=86510343]

Is Jesus allegorical?
It's not a history book.

Jesus was real and walked the surface of the earth at a period in time as recorded in the Bible.

You said humans lived up to 900, now you're saying they lived up to 300? Which is it?

I didn't say up to 300 years. I said upwards of 300 years which means, 300 years upwards.

There are monks, Yogi monks and Buddhist monks who have their temples high up in the Himalayan mountains and also in the Gobi desert some of whom are well over 200 years old.

There are Africans in their remote villages who live up to 200 years.

There is a particular Alaafin of Oyo, recorded to have lived close to 500 years old.

It sounds like fairy tale because we have lost the knowledge they had.

Go on YouTube and watch the video, Chariots of the gods".

Your eyes will be opened after that.
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Ghostrye: 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
DEROX:
grin yes sir Allah the god of bokoharam and numerous terrorist groups
It is funny how people forget that Allah is basically God, just in another language. You are not paying emphasis on the important stuffs
Re: 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered by Ghostrye: 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2020
Freehuman:

If you didn't say that God created himself it logical implies that he was created. If God was created therefore there is something more powerful than God and that's the Creator who created God. If you reject this assertion it means that God you agree that God created himself.
Have you ever created a self functional program on your computer, now think along those lines �

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Orangutan Reaches Out Hand To Rescue Man Stuck In A River In Asia (Photos) / Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} / Crocodile In Indonesia Has Tyre Around Its Neck, Cash Reward For Who Removes It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.