Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism (108262 Views)

Bamidele Impeached As NANS President Over $200K Embezzlement Scandal / Adegboye Olatunji: I Was Charmed By Cultists – Ilaro Poly SUG President / Adegboye Emmanuel Olatunji, Polytechnic Ilaro SUG President Caught In Cult Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Dizzyrascal(m): 8:59am On Feb 11, 2020
StrikeBack:
Adding value, Agent of change or transformation really
you know one thing about people who say they regret being born in Nigeria, they are the same people planning to leave the country with the slightest opportunity. Nigeria cannot move anywhere with those set of people hanging around. I have a lot of them as friends and it sickens me....they are constantly looking for Canada visa, Germany visa e.t.c. as if those people did not build their countries.

There are so many problems in Nigeria today, the mentality should be, "how can I solve one"...I salute the individual who gave the police the information to arrest those cultists...that person is the real hero. That person is a solution provider. Instead of regretting, he decided to do his part by providing the police with information leading to the arrests if those cultists.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Afodot0022(m): 9:00am On Feb 11, 2020
Tumbulum:
Is joining an occult the law if this country? For the fact that they were not caught murdering people, I see no reason Why the police should parade them as criminals.
Have they done worst than what bokoharam and herdsmen are doing and yet the federal government is pampering them.
Lets be reasonable for once and stop allowing emotions to detect our thinking. There is freedom of association in this country.

I am sure you are part of them and your day of reckoning is close. You will be hit.

6 Likes

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Topmaike007(m): 9:01am On Feb 11, 2020
Kalashnikov102:
See as that wan dey form crocodile cry.. Trowey dem inside prison sad
and what should dey do to the heros of this country that started cultism in our institutions
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Topmaike007(m): 9:02am On Feb 11, 2020
Afodot0022:

I am sure you are part of them and your day of reckoning is close. You will be hit.
oga shut up he is saying the fact and you're spilling trash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by madridguy(m): 9:03am On Feb 11, 2020
Sorry bro, since the chief priest is a student too, will he/she go outside to gather spiritual power for this or what? Also now that he has failed in his duty, any punishment for him? Will he stepped down for someone with more juju to take over his duty post. Thanks.
Also why will dey hold this type of meeting in a day time? Why not in the night? Also can't dey use hall and get security outside.

Officialgarri:

Chief priest will be a student because this is a school temple. And, yes, he ought to have received a sign that the coast isn't clear but he must have ignored it.
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Gordson: 9:05am On Feb 11, 2020
ZZ22:
humble wetin.. release him and he will be more brutal than before even the community that ratted them out will collect.

Why can't him face those police that came for them.

Hard Guy hard guy

They can only oppress people wey no get weapons, and that's normal law of life, if everyone has weapon, who will run.

Let them face their mates outside man to man (no weapon) and fist to fist. They will collect.

13 Likes

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by femtex007(m): 9:06am On Feb 11, 2020
veeshock:

Very true, most politicians are cultists and they use cultists to rig elections
that's just it
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by misterjosh(m): 9:06am On Feb 11, 2020
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by hush15: 9:07am On Feb 11, 2020
ExAngel007:
The men of the Ogun State Police Command, on Sunday, arrested the President of the Students’ Union Government of the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Adegboye Olatunji, and one Olarewaju Taiwo during cult initiation.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi, who made this known in a statement on Monday, said the suspects were caught in the bush in full regalia of the dreaded cult group.

He said, “The duo was arrested following information received by the police at the Ilaro Division from members of the public that some group of people suspected to be cultists were sighted in a bush at Gbogidi area of Ilaro where they were trying to initiate new members into their dreaded group.

“On receiving the information, the DPO Ilaro Division, CSP Olayemi Jacob, mobilised his patrol team and swiftly moved to the scene where the two suspects were arrested with the assistance of members of the public while others escaped through the bush.

“The two arrested cultists who are in full regalia of the dreaded cult group have been taken to custody at the Ilaro Divisional Headquarters, where they are being currently interrogated.”

The PPRO said the Commissioner of Police, Kenneth Ebrimson, has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspects to the anti-cultists section of the state Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for a discreet investigation.

Meanwhile, the Polytechnic has suspended Adegboye for alleged involvement in cultism.

The institution said this in a statement signed by the Deputy Registrar, Public Relations, Sola Abiala.

Abiala said the suspension of Adegboye “is consequent upon the foiling of the meeting of some cult groups from the neighbouring community, by the security architecture and network of the Polytechnic, the Local Vigilante Group in conjunction with Nigerian Police Force and the Directorate of State Security.

“The suspension of Adegboye is in line with the Act establishing the Polytechnic and the provision of the Students Handbook coupled with the Polytechnic’s zero tolerance to cultism, pending his appearance before the Students Disciplinary Committee to establish his culpability or otherwise.

“The Management, therefore, uses this medium to re-emphasise its zero tolerance for cultism and other misdemeanours.”

https://punchng.com/police-arrest-ilaro-poly-sug-president-during-cult-initiation/

So who is the boss in the two of them cos being in different colours implies different rankings or should I assume that being an SUG president, that confers on him the leader of the cult group as it is with our political parties?

Then pls, to all our youths out there. Violence doesn't pay. Cultism only enslaves you. There is nothing to gain in killing as bragging right, simply put, the more the merrier.
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by misterjosh(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2020
... hmmm
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Godwin2am(m): 9:13am On Feb 11, 2020
there's a colleague at my work place that do talk about cultism ....he said he's a king ....that's what I don't know, maybe I will report him to the police.
some people will buy JAMB form for children to go and join cultist in school
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Aunoluwa(m): 9:14am On Feb 11, 2020
Dam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by faebenezer5star: 9:14am On Feb 11, 2020
The parents of the new member that they wanted to initiate where praying for their child by that time ,so the angel of God intervened and nothing could take place.�������� # the devil wanted to high jack their destiny.

1 Like

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by loko50(m): 9:14am On Feb 11, 2020
Tumbulum:
Is joining an occult against the law of this country? For the fact that they were not caught murder I see reason. Why the police should parade them as criminals.
Have they done worst than what bokoharam and herdsmen are doing and yet the federal government is pampering them.
Lets be reasonable for once and stop allowing emotions to detect our thinking. There is freedom of association in this country.

Tell this to the IGP

1 Like

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Gordson: 9:16am On Feb 11, 2020
Godwin2am:
there's a colleague at my work place that do talk about cultism ....he said he's a king ....that's what I don't know, maybe I will report him to the police.
some people will buy JAMB form for children to go and join cultist in school

Better mind your business, police too dem dey belong.

All in the same caucus

6 Likes

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by StrikeBack(m): 9:19am On Feb 11, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
you know one thing about people who say they regret being born in Nigeria, they are the same people planning to leave the country with the slightest opportunity. Nigeria cannot move anywhere with those set of people hanging around. I have a lot of them as friends and it sickens me....they are constantly looking for Canada visa, Germany visa e.t.c. as if those people did not build their countries.

There are so many problems in Nigeria today, the mentality should be, "how can I solve one"...I salute the individual who gave the police the information to arrest those cultists...that person is the real hero. That person is a solution provider. Instead of regretting, he decided to do his part by providing the police with information leading to the arrests if those cultists.....
Nigeria is a Failed state bro..

Enough with this back and forth
Last response to you
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by hopefulLandlord: 9:20am On Feb 11, 2020
Kalashnikov102:
See as that wan dey form crocodile cry.. Trowey dem inside prison sad

It's not crocodile cry bro. I watched the video and the guy in red looked like he was wounded in his right foot during apprehension probably from a gunshot or some piercing object like knife or maybe he fell into a bear trap cuz as he can barely walk. I'm certain they hadn't given him painkillers or attended to the wound when this pic was taken so he was in serious pain at the time

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by PLATO1U(m): 9:21am On Feb 11, 2020
Thelannister:
Years of study wasted....

Any way
Very clean HP celeron laptop for sale urgently

Check my profile for info and contact

Please help with the photo and ur price tag

1 Like

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Abagworo(m): 9:24am On Feb 11, 2020
Last kast the guy go see Janet and de-axed
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by anochuko01(m): 9:26am On Feb 11, 2020
Kingrefreshed:

He will be reinstated again.

You dey ask why? Hmmmm even the VC fit be their member!
then you dont know FPI...
the suspension is just to allow tension cool down.
theyll send him parking in no time. not just him, but anyone whose name is mentioned too.
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 11, 2020
Dodorima to the men wey sabi.

Abeg na joke oooo, na jew i be ooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Kingrefreshed: 9:28am On Feb 11, 2020
anochuko01:

then you dont know FPI...
the suspension is just to allow tension cool down.
theyll send him parking in no time. not just him, but anyone whose name is mentioned too.

The VC is a member. Do you want us to vote or just argue now?
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by ernieboy(m): 9:30am On Feb 11, 2020
greatbrian:

I swear or they no adhere to him warning
no be the chief preist them arrest so( guy in red attire).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Longman180(m): 9:30am On Feb 11, 2020
agarawu23:
Look at their cheap material cloth with poor drawing. Cultists wey no get 50k for account. I don't even know what they are archiving in cultism. You just cause trouble, fight over woman, kill yourself, do party and scatter it, snatch people's gf, threaten freshers and so on. No salary ooooo
rob people belonging,99percent of them are armed robber

1 Like

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by DaddyBella(m): 9:32am On Feb 11, 2020
bankyblue:
Abeg waitng be NBM?

NATIONAL BUHARI MINISTRY

cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Longman180(m): 9:32am On Feb 11, 2020
Tumbulum:
Is joining an occult against the law of this country? For the fact that they were not caught murder I see reason. Why the police should parade them as criminals.

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Officialgarri: 9:33am On Feb 11, 2020
madridguy:
Sorry bro, since the chief priest is a student too, will he/she go outside to gather spiritual power for this or what? Also now that he has failed in his duty, any punishment for him? Will he stepped down for someone with more juju to take over his duty post. Thanks.
Also why will dey hold this type of meeting in a day time? Why not in the night? Also can't dey use hall and get security outside.

Of course, he must be fortified by juju. His spiritual power must have told him something wrong was going to happen.
And let's assume his juju failed him, the zonal chief priest must have informed them to postpone the initiation.
But maybe because of money they will get from the initiation, they went ahead.

Anyways, the Chief priest apparently escaped. He probably got the warning and fled before the ground was busted.

The initiation must have happened during the night.

Use a hall and security? grin grin. It's a secret society na grin

7 Likes

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 11, 2020
madridguy:

You wan become chief priest ni? Or u wan join aye ni?...you better b careful

2 Likes

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by Tumbulum: 9:34am On Feb 11, 2020
Beedude:

Do u have a working brain?
when you are ready to do away with useless emotions and sentiments then we can discuss.
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by lugo99(m): 9:36am On Feb 11, 2020
When NBM started wearing red apron for FM, na black n yellow apron dem 4 use, first of all they've failed d baming code of conduct.. i remember my first F.M,.. y dem loose guard wey popo come burst them, they no OG rara

5 Likes

Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by cardoctor(m): 9:37am On Feb 11, 2020
That's where it all begins
Re: Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism by GMbuharii: 9:38am On Feb 11, 2020
Behold the true definition of a conehead!!!!
Real coneheaded structures..

grin grin

Afnja dem!

Lzaa immhotep

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

UNN 2012/'13 Admission List Has Been Released! At Last! / The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) / Which University Has The Highest Rate Of Cultism In Nigeria?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.