Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Am I Being Scammed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Being Scammed (1816 Views)

I'm I Being Childish Trying To Sex Chat My Girlfriend / Am I Being Friendzoned? / Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Being Scammed by Alovelylady(f): 8:09pm On Feb 11, 2020
So I’m a American women in the u.s and I met a guy from Nigeria (he’s Igbo)in August last year and in September he asked me to marry him, said he knew what he wanted .. there is this list that we are supposed to be doing for traditional (in which he wants me to help with ) rights but the only thing I’m seeing on the internet is a list that’s for the bride price I’ve met his family like mom and dad his brothers and sister .. if I am American is this list for me or am I helping him pay for another’s woman’s price list ... I’m supposed to be going to visit him and stay for 3 weeks and some days for our wedding but I just don’t know ! I’ve made it very clear from the beginning I have no money to offer to him or nothing to give but my loyalty and love ... have I fallen for someone with other intentions?

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Scammed by Davash222(m): 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
Those wordings up there looks 'Ajegunleish' .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Scammed by Ekemeze: 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2020

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Scammed by Obinnau(m): 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
Absofuckinglutly you're being scammed

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Scammed by adigun98(m): 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2020
You don't trust him ?!

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Scammed by Alovelylady(f): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
davash what does that mean .... ekemeze well cooked? is it a hoax’s ... when marrying American women is there still a list we have to do to have traditional right in Nigeria ? And Adigun98 ... I don’t know even though I’ve asked him to do a lot of things to prove he is not scamming me and he’s complied with everything I still just don’t know .. he’s even had two ceremonies on my behalf one of the elders in the village and another one of preparing goat for the village but it was around the new year so I don’t know if it was for me or the new year
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Conner44: 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2020
America woman wey no sabi write English...

Na you be the scam jor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Scammed by adigun98(m): 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2020
Alovelylady:
davash what does that mean .... ekemeze well cooked? is it a hoax’s ... when marrying American women is there still a list we have to do to have traditional right in Nigeria ? And Adigun98 ... I don’t know even though I’ve asked him to do a lot of things to prove he is not scamming me and he’s complied with everything I still just don’t know .. he’s even had two ceremonies on my behalf one of the elders in the village and another one of preparing goat for the village but it was around the new year so I don’t know if it was for me or the new year
Have you met with him ?..
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Alovelylady(f): 8:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
No we just talk on face chat everyday... well when there is light
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Alovelylady(f): 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2020
No scam about me love Conner 44 ... I’m simply who my user name says I am a lovely lady �
Re: Am I Being Scammed by jom28gy(m): 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2020
is man writing this or woman,

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Scammed by Alovelylady(f): 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2020
I’m a lady
Re: Am I Being Scammed by MrOfficer(m): 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
Don't send him a dime until you've met with him at least. Again I see no reason for all those traditional marriage stuffs since you are the one sponsoring it. A court wedding at a federal high Court will suffice and that costs less than 300 US dollars

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Scammed by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2020
Can't believe my brothers want the poor woman to pay 'groom price' grin grin

But wait ooooo, isn't it heartless to make a woman pay for another woman's bride price? Of all things to dupe a woman for? grin
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Chuks9000: 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2020
Are you an igbo bride?
Did they get the list from your father or your father's kins men?
If no, tell him the number he dialled is not available now and later.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Scammed by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
Alovelylady:
So I’m a American women in the u.s and I met a guy from Nigeria (he’s Igbo)in August last year and in September he asked me to marry him, said he knew what he wanted .. there is this list that we are supposed to be doing for traditional (in which he wants me to help with ) rights but the only thing I’m seeing on the internet is a list that’s for the bride price I’ve met his family like mom and dad his brothers and sister .. if I am American is this list for me or am I helping him pay for another’s woman’s price list ... I’m supposed to be going to visit him and stay for 3 weeks and some days for our wedding but I just don’t know ! I’ve made it very clear from the beginning I have no money to offer to him or nothing to give but my loyalty and love ... have I fallen for someone with other intentions?

Re: Am I Being Scammed by emeijeh(m): 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
Alovelylady:
No we just talk on face chat everyday... well when there is light

This handwriting na Benin guy own o!

9 Likes

Re: Am I Being Scammed by Alovelylady(f): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
No I’m an American woman
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Davash222(m): 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2020
Alovelylady:
No I’m an American woman
Your head is paining you! Omo ale

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Scammed by CallMeDrino: 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
Conner44:
America woman wey no sabi write English...

Na you be the scam jor

Lol.. There are plenty of Americans who can't write.

Just because their language is English doesn't mean they'll automatically know how to write it
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Pierced(f): 10:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
Lol.....U are being scammed.

Since u are not Igbo......there is no reason for any list whatsoever.....unless he wants to get married another bride.
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Nobody: 3:16am On Feb 12, 2020
alovelylady is probably a benin boy.dont be fooled

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Scammed by Alovelylady(f): 3:56am On Feb 12, 2020
Thanks for the advice ...everyone else who only offered their 2 cent about my written English can buy a piece of bubblegum! It’s crazy we live In a world where I have ask my fellow man or woman is another one of their kind being truthful with me but even more crazier that a person would say something is fake because it’s written wrong ... ha you humans embarassed
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Nobody: 4:00am On Feb 12, 2020
Alovelylady:
I dunno.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Scammed by Lexusgs430: 5:20am On Feb 12, 2020
Alovelylady:

Have you asked him, what the list is for?....
Re: Am I Being Scammed by wirinet(m): 5:37am On Feb 12, 2020
Lists are for gifts to be presented by the intending groom to the family of the bride, for taking their daugher away. The gifts are shared among the bride's family. This is accompanied by the bride price to be paid at the wedding ceremony.
So the guy in question must call your dad to ask for the list and negotiate a bride price.
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Foodqueen(f): 5:51am On Feb 12, 2020
U want the truth
Well, this is it, you are been scammed.
Re: Am I Being Scammed by frank317: 6:43am On Feb 12, 2020
The list is supposed to come from ur parents. He is either scamming u or just trying out measures to get little cash from u.

Do not give him any cash if u have not met him face to face.

At this stage all u guys can do it court wedding. Stop sending money to him.
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Alovelylady(f): 11:35am On Feb 12, 2020
He said the list is for our traditional rights marriage?
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Offpoint: 11:44am On Feb 12, 2020
Wuha love to contribute, but i-yam understanding...
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Alovelylady(f): 4:11am On Feb 13, 2020
Is there any list for marriage rights for his community? What about the slaughtering of two cows on behalf of his ancestors... that if he doesn’t do it his children may not be able to do it ... the list is supposed to be for our rights in his community
Re: Am I Being Scammed by Pierced(f): 5:54am On Feb 13, 2020
Alovelylady:
Is there any list for marriage rights for his community? What about the slaughtering of two cows on behalf of his ancestors... that if he doesn’t do it his children may not be able to do it ... the list is supposed to be for our rights in his community

There is nothing like that.

Ancestors that there bones are already rotten in the ground or which one?

All these apply if the wife/lady is Igbo.......not the other way around.....unless u want to pay groom price.....and there's nothing like groom price in Igbo culture.

Lol..... the way naija guys look for this us green card....u go fear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Viral Video Of A Benin Girl / Native Doctor Was Caught On Video Doing This With His Curvy Girlfriend In Benin /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.