Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation (37404 Views)

Fuel Hike: It Will Be An Indefinite Nationwide Strike Without Notice - Ajaero / Borno Leaders Forgive 3,000 Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists / Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation, Buhari Tells Borno Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by ChoCho54(f): 2:24am On Feb 13, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

What he means by "our culture" is an exposé of the hypocrisy that is embedded in the north.
He's referring to the fact that he thought the local leaders will find it easy to appeal to the BH elements using the fact that one of them (a northern Muslim) now holds the lever of power and they should therefore pipe down.
It explains also why he's not had any qualms paying them huge ransoms as he thought they'll be more amenable to working with him.
It's a tragedy really.
Now reality has set in, not the cheap talks in Chatham house.
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by CheedyJ(m): 2:50am On Feb 13, 2020
Just imagine if George bush jnr had told Americans that d sept 11 attacks wouldn't av happened without d assistance of some insiders...shame on our president, shame...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by Reference(m): 3:07am On Feb 13, 2020
One part of his statement, 'I believe there is an improvement...' is very deep and thought provoking and opens up to the public the inner workings of the President and his goverment.

Basically that there are two realms, one of belief and one of reality. It is difficult for a man to operate both in tandem because you are either a man of faith or a man of figures.

So it is possible that there are two or mors school of thoughts going on in goverment and the way they see situations and handle challenges vary and this may not be restricted to security challenges but those of the poor economy, weak institutions, etc.

Much as I donot join the one goverment, two leader proclaimers but I think this gives fuel to those who say he is perhaps not entirely in charge as a 'Nigerian' President is expected to be.

But to be Commander In(deed) Chief and be 'believing' not facing and acting out reality is quite disturbing.
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by ozusteve: 3:09am On Feb 13, 2020
Buhari is really confused.. can someone help him out..
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by Reference(m): 3:24am On Feb 13, 2020
CheedyJ:
Just imagine if George bush jnr had told Americans that d sept 11 attacks wouldn't av happened without d assistance of some insiders...shame on our president, shame...

But that is the reality. Every insurgency feeds off the reaources that abound in their sphere of influence. These insurgents are basically citizens of Bornu, sons, daughters, fathers, mothers.Tjey are not from Mars or Pluto. They are recruited from amongst the citizenry. That is why they appear to have an unending strength, a vast resource pool and open supply chain.

I see nothing wrong with that part of the statement. I think the shock of it is simply because of the narrative for many years and administrations previously where the blame was placed squarely on the goverment. It is that festered propaganda that is biting back.

I have said it countkess times that fundametalist insurgencies have no military only solutions, no goverment only solutions and certainly no Presidency only solutions. For Nigerians such as you and me to have bought that thought process and propaganda for so long says so much about the quality of citizenship as much as leadership.

We just sit down in Nigeria and tell each other lies everyday. When reality hits disappointment and anger is bound to occur. Can't you see part of his statement, typically 'supermanish' about his electoral promises made in the past to end Bokoharam.... Did any right thinking person think it was going to happen at the snap of a finger...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by AFONJACOW(m): 3:27am On Feb 13, 2020
I thought u said , Jonathan is too soft and weak and you can defeat boko haram in 2 months... What a useless fellow
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by F117nighthawk: 3:29am On Feb 13, 2020
Originalsly:

Your answer is that of a dullard. Intelligence info comes from the local community. Your neighbor be having strange men rolling in at nights with AKs ... RPGs...laying low during the day... two days later there is a BH attack... the men are gone.... and this keep repeating itself. You remain silent... but you are expecting the military to somehow know abo

ut this. Who really is the dullard?

You are as daft,brainless and buffon as your military and it's planners, simple common sense which is not as common amongst foolish Nigerians like u,your military guard a place and leave around 5pm when the curfew start locked up the road and leave the place unguarded till the following morning, the stupidest person will know that place will definitely come under attack some day,boko haram do have their own intelligence and they know how vulnerable your military can be,they keep changing their strategy will your military and it's planners keeps relying on old civil war defensive strategy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by awa(m): 3:36am On Feb 13, 2020
Was this actually said by the head of State? Naija case has become something worst than one thought of
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by MetaPhysical: 4:06am On Feb 13, 2020
ManirBK:
It's a real fact I concur with Mr President. BokoHaram can't
strike without the cooperation of
the borno peaple. There is always an insider that Spoiled the party!

Are the bandits in Katsina, Kaduna, Sokoto and Zamfara successful due to cooperation of the respective leadership as well?
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by Bondinus(m): 4:43am On Feb 13, 2020
But he said they have been defeated ���
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by anonimi: 4:46am On Feb 13, 2020
ManirBK:
It's a real fact I concur with Mr President. BokoHaram can't strike without the cooperation of the borno peaple. There is always an insider that Spoiled the party!

Did you equally commend Jonathan for saying something similar or did you howl and wail like LIE Mohammed of your Alliance of Past/Present Crooks, APC?

Sign agreement on no more killings, I will withdraw JTF, Jonathan to Borno elders
March 09, 2013

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan yesterday in Maiduguri, accused Borno State Elders of playing to the gallary over the activities of Boko Haram Islamic sect insurgency in the state, describing the situation as unfortunate.

Jonathan spoke during an interactive session with Borno State stakeholders at the Multi-Purpose Hall, Government House Maiduguri, in continuation of his two- day working visit to Borno and Yobe States, the epicentres of Boko Haram.

He was responding to requests by the Elders for the Federal Government to grant amnesty to the sect members as well as withdraw the military Joint Task Force, JTF from Maiduguri and other areas in the state during the second day of his working visit to Borno State..

President Jonathan lamented that none of the elders in the state had publicly condemned the killings and bombings being carried out by the sect members and advised them to put their ‘’house in order,’’ by talking to their children who had been causing havoc in the country to drop their arms against the country.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/sign-agreement-on-no-more-killings-i-will-withdraw-jtf-jonathan-to-borno-elders/#sthash.0kJT6aMl.dpuf

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3356469_screenshot20160131120000_jpeg639beaec46d4ced684f639998a489af2

Jonathan’s Borno visit: “It was a total failure” – ACN
March 12, 2013

Leading opposition party, the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, yesterday lambasted President Goodluck Jonathan over his “tactless show” during his recent visit to Borno and Yobe States.

According to the party, his action had compounded the Boko Haram mutiny, which subsequently killed and maimed many innocent Nigerians in the crisis-ridden region.

The party in a communiqué issued in Lagos on Monday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, and made available to DailyPost, said while the decision to grant amnesty to any person or group was the right of the government, the argument advanced by the President for denying amnesty to Boko Haram members was “as illogical as it was puerile”.

ACN said, “For a President who unwittingly stayed away from the beleaguered part of the country for too long, last week’s visit only succeeded in inflicting additional pain and insults on the victims of the insurgency, who had waited for a little dose of succour and empathy from their leader.

“There is no doubt that there has been an upsurge in attacks and killings since the President’s visit, with the clashes between the JTF and the insurgents leaving many dead; the drive-by shooting in Kano claiming the lives of innocent people; and the unfortunate killing of foreign hostages, who were abducted last month in Bauchi.

“If this upsurge can be used as a barometer to measure the success or otherwise of the President’s visit, then one can only reach one conclusion: the visit was a total failure!”

The statement further condemned the way the President “openly displayed anger, when what was needed was temperance”.

It added, “He talked down on the people, who have suffered so much in the hands of Boko Haram, at his town hall meetings.

“The misplaced anger of the nation’s number one citizen, who virtually tongue-lashed the prominent citizens, who spoke on behalf of their people at the town hall meeting, could only attract sympathy for the insurgents among the beleaguered population, thereby worsening the crisis.”

https://dailypost.ng/2013/03/12/jonathans-borno-visit-it-was-a-total-failure-acn/

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 5:25am On Feb 13, 2020
Another blame game angry
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by chewwie(m): 5:27am On Feb 13, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
I Lost Massive Respect for my Mum
When She Finally Voted Buhari in 2015

I realized I was more smarter than her
I never took her advice seriously ever since then.. And I'm grateful that she is now seeing and regretting her decisions.
Back in 2015 I warned her seriously but she said I was too young to know anything about politics.
Now She comes to me for Advice..
SMH.. African Parents..
Who did you vote for in 2015 & 2019, you probably didn't even bother to vote. So please don't complain.
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by chewwie(m): 5:28am On Feb 13, 2020
ManirBK:
Let's pretend that Boko Haram is state sponsored, and sponsored by Islamic regimes in the Middle East.
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by Goldencheese(m): 5:31am On Feb 13, 2020
F117nighthawk:
Of course the kind of answer you expect from a dullard grin grin grin,it shows boko haram have better intelligence gathering than u and your trusted expired service chiefs

Couldn't agree more.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by orisa37: 5:41am On Feb 13, 2020
Let us hear him preach. Perhaps he doesn't know that The Military has released 1400 Bokoharams into our midst and set them free. We just heard that he himself has ordered a Release of another set of 1400 Bokoharams into our Society. The Military is killing fellow Soldiers who identify Bokoharams or kill Bokoharams. And The COAS is a Borno man. Who then is colluding and cooperating with Bokoharam without the acquiescence of the Military?
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by RillJ(m): 6:57am On Feb 13, 2020
Very typical! Blame the victim to deny your responsibility.
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by topcin: 7:21am On Feb 13, 2020
Dreal1247:
Our President is now a comedian. With the level of sympathy shown towards the insurgents by the President, it is a fraudulent faith to believe that he will ever fight for the masses. Call it Boko Haram or Fulani Herdsmen, Mr President is part of them. Why is he not treating the IPOB the same way. Gradually, they will divide this country. The journey has already started.

You are somehow right but the reason why he can't treat Boko Haram and Herdsmen the way he treats IPOB is bcs those two groups are invisible in a sense that we don't see them, they have an insider that gives them information about the Nigerian Army Operations always not like IPOB that they can see with signs like logos and other times related to IPOB.
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by Thoh(m): 7:25am On Feb 13, 2020
northerners are the problem of this country. please northerners seperate from us. let just divide this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by DAVE5(m): 7:32am On Feb 13, 2020
ChoCho54:
He was speaking to zombies, did he call your name? grin

Ohh, well, thank God I no be zombie

Him stupidity still dey worry everybody nah him make me dey para

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by DAVE5(m): 7:42am On Feb 13, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

You're very correct. But the north have always been known to support their own. From IBB to Abacha, they were massively supported by the northern populace by aligning with Islamism.
He had allowed the Fulani expansionist agenda to go unhindered so he expected a reciprocity from them. Unfortunately, they don't see the seat of the President as a service for the whole country but for their narrow interests. This BH has really shaken the north to its foundations.

Small small, everybody eye dey clear to see say that way no pay again

If someone from my state becomes president or even my local govt area, how is that a plus to me, the president should be a plus to all the states, LGs, people, if he performs well, good for the country, if he does badly, bad for the full country as well, it changes nothing

Last last, we go hear word by force
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by Babacele: 7:45am On Feb 13, 2020
BERNIMOORE:
NOT UNTIL A FEALESS MAN IN THE SENATE EMBARASS HIM WITH RESIGNATION AFTER THEY THOUGHT DINO WAS GONE, ABARIBE MINCE NO WORD.....BUT ONE BURUKUTU PALMWINE DRINKER AND ONE OLORIIRE IRE TO RINNA KAN BURUKU FEMI ADE TO SHiNA MIS ROAD WAS UNLEASH ON THE MEDIA....BUT THEN THE TRUTH IS ALREADY TOLD...
which fearless man? the Abaribe that was part of the evil called PDP that brought all these on us? abegi.....fearless indeed.
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by Babacele: 7:53am On Feb 13, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Are the bandits in Katsina, Kaduna, Sokoto and Zamfara successful due to cooperation of the respective leadership as well?
The president is absolutely right. Without the connivance of some locals no attack can be successfully carried out. And the President is tactically warning any community that harbors criminals that they would henceforth be held responsible. Until BH became uncontrollable, some Bornu elders then ,under guise of adini musulunchi-promoting Islam, tolerated the evil . ironically BH first victims were a busy load pupils and teachers from an Islamic school!
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by johneddy: 7:55am On Feb 13, 2020
Shoptomydoor Imports, Exports From USA, UK and Nigeria – Ocean Shipping, Air Shipping for Both Business and Individual to Make Profit

Shop, ship and relax with Shoptomydoor. We give cheapest import/export solution for your business/personal needs

Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 13, 2020
Dis Man Just Said D Truth 4 D First Time.
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by Anwons(m): 8:27am On Feb 13, 2020
The blame game continuous

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by bahaushe1: 8:42am On Feb 13, 2020
ManirBK:

So you expects local man to confront BH fighters coming with gun trucks?

And how can a stranded traveler who was locked out of the main city be held responsible for his death?

The man should own up to his failed leadership style.
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by paix(m): 10:19am On Feb 13, 2020
DAVE5:

He blames past govt for his inadequacies

He blames youth for their inability to get jobs as if there are jobs, let's forget entrepreneurship because it also requires funding to be one gan

Now he's blaming victims of BH for the attacks on them(the victims)

This man should not be allowed to rule till this 2023 ohh, if not Nigeria go finish ohh and to think he has supporters is mind bugging
Don't blame his blind supporters. Even if he feasts on their flesh, they will still support him. They would rather die than do otherwise.
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by Germi9: 10:24am On Feb 13, 2020
F117nighthawk:
Of course the kind of answer you expect from a dullard grin grin grin,it shows boko haram have better intelligence gathering than u and your trusted expired service chiefs
This is the answer from the man....
With my understanding of our culture, I wonder how Boko Haram survives up to this end.
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by DAVE5(m): 10:48am On Feb 13, 2020
paix:
Don't blame his blind supporters. Even if he feasts on their flesh, they will still support him. They would rather die than do otherwise.

Then die they would ohh, I wish them happy dying
Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by paix(m): 10:53am On Feb 13, 2020
DAVE5:

Then die they would ohh, I wish them happy dying
They would embrace it WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Borno Leaders: Boko Haram Cannot Strike Without Your Cooperation by bams2999(m): 10:55am On Feb 13, 2020
Mention a name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tension As Hoodlums Kill Sergeant, Burn Patrol Vehicle In Abia / How Cabal Caged Osinbajo, Fowler Via EFCC Probes; To Bury Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition / Femi Fani-Kayode Organises Christmas Lunch For His Family & Friends (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.