Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? (70495 Views)

Fitting The 5.0l V8 From The Lexus ISF In A '05 Corolla Or '09 Camry / Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? / 2006 Corolla Or 2006 Avensis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Mynd44: 6:25am On Feb 13, 2020
mu2sa2:
Why not go another lexus like es300. Those lexus cars 2002- 2005 were made in Japan to exquisite workmanship. You can't compare the superb comfort and driving feel of es to that of corolla with its bland interior. Those lexus (tokumbo) are even cheaper than corolla. Lexus is the luxury edition of toyota, so you will be downgrading by going for corolla or camry. Just look for tokumbo es edition that's still neat and in good condition (make sure you do a Vin check). Good luck.

He just put away a es330 and you want him to get a 300? Isn't that a downgrade?

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Frankiss44(m): 6:25am On Feb 13, 2020
Turktman05:
Where are you getting these ridiculous prices 2010 here in ado ekiti guaranteed with a venza engine is between 2.4- 2.5m.

For which, the Corolla or the Camry?
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by miketayo(m): 6:25am On Feb 13, 2020
JoNach:
I have both cars but il advice you go for 2007 Corolla, because of lower maintenance costs.
There is always someone like this on every thread, even if it's a space ship and a rocket, someone will have both grin

23 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Frankiss44(m): 6:26am On Feb 13, 2020
Mynd44:

The only "cheap" Camrys are the 2003-2006. Go higher and the Corolla doesn't come close

I see
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Frankiss44(m): 6:26am On Feb 13, 2020
miketayo:

There is always someone like this on every thread, even if it's a space ship and a rocket, someone will have both grin

Anyone can be anything on the internet cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by miketayo(m): 6:27am On Feb 13, 2020
Frankiss44:

Anyone can be anything on the internet cheesy

Abi cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by musazulyadain: 6:27am On Feb 13, 2020
buy the two
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Gaddafiyusf(m): 6:28am On Feb 13, 2020
Buy both
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Turktman05(m): 6:28am On Feb 13, 2020
Camry. Some dealers will sell these cars at exorbitant prices to novice. Be cool while negotiating and dont seem to eager. And dont because of nylon sealed sit go buy am o. All na wash

8 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Gentlemanforyou: 6:29am On Feb 13, 2020
Mynd44:

the only difference is the headrest at the back. Es 330 has 3 while es 300 has 2
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Crookesmore: 6:30am On Feb 13, 2020
Mynd44:

Wrong. Very very wrong.

A 2010 camry can go as high as 3.1m
A 2010 corolla is about 2.5.

Bros stop car shopping on jiji... these are jiji-like prices. Enter real town, go to border. Negotiation is important as well. Camry is becoming cheaper.. those camry ppl dy use nylon increase prices.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by mfm04622: 6:31am On Feb 13, 2020
Frankiss44:

My brother I weak oh.. I nor just Wan argue since I nor know much about cars.. Corolla have more advantages than Camry so it beats me to hear Camry is more expensive

Camry is a higher grade brand to Corolla. So for Tokunbo, Camry will be more expensive. However, due to demand in Nigeria, Corolla has a better resale value than Camry in Nigeria. Corolla is the basic brand while Camry is the semi luxury brand

8 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by miketayo(m): 6:31am On Feb 13, 2020
Eazyll:
Buy Toyota Prius 2008 model, u will thank me later.. This what I use

It's not rugged and not built for long distance travel.

1 Like

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by malele(m): 6:32am On Feb 13, 2020
Mynd44:
At that budget, you can mostly get a tokunbo Corolla not a tokunbo Camry.

If you are comfortable using a Nigerian used Camry, lovely.

Then there is feel consumption, price of maintenance and the other things. Which people will swear makes the Corolla better.

why do u people comment on what u dont know?
who told u2.1m cant buy a camry and u still get change?
nawah for human beings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by malele(m): 6:33am On Feb 13, 2020
kingteeee:
Hi Nairalander,
Advice is needed here please help me out, I was using Lexus ES330 2005 for over 2 years which I had no issue with it but late last year I involved in an accident which cost some damages on the car and after repair I sold the car but now I need a car again and my budget is between 1.7m - 2.1m I think I should go for a low maintenance car so I’m confused maybe I should buy Corolla 2005-2007 model or Camry 2007-2009 model. Thanks

am a dealer i have sold the 2cars , ur budget is more than enough for 2 cars.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Bobby4345: 6:34am On Feb 13, 2020
If you could maintain a Lexus, then go for a Toyota camry with similarities in luxury.
As for me the fuel consumption of a car is priority.
Toyota Corolla = 1.8L engine capacity
Toyota Camry = 2.4L engine capacity
In a layman's term:
If you spend an average of N1500 fuel daily on the corolla, ou would have to spend around N2500 daily on the camry.

It is also important to note that the maintenance of rhe camry is slightly higher.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by maynation(f): 6:35am On Feb 13, 2020
Gentlemanforyou:

Bros . I've used. Camry big daddy and currently using a corrola , corrola is more expensive sir . Give or take . If you doubt ask gazzuz
You are probably talking about older versions of Camry, and hey please don't drag Toyota big daddy into this talk. Doesn't that car sell for a little above 1milli?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by tuoyoojo(m): 6:35am On Feb 13, 2020
ikevictor:
I have used both for years and can comfortably tell you that Camry is better.

People tell you Corolla but that car is really not affordable to maintain with regards to the parts which are on the high due to demand.

Also, the underneath parts for Corolla is not a strong as Camry. I used Corolla 2010 and Corolla 2004 respectively.

If you are tall, then Corolla will frustrate you especially when you drive for hours daily as I did.

Fuel economy there’s very little difference but Corolla is better, comfort Camry is better, shock absorption Camry is better, balance on the road Camry is better, resale value Corolla is better due to Nigerian market demand.

If you used an ES Lexus then you best switch should be Camry due to similarity in comfort.

You can make your choice based on above experiences of mine.
The best advice so far.

For someone who have driven a Lexus, the corolla drive is not exciting at all . u do not feel the weight of the car when u r behind the wheels. Camry is sweeter car to drive. The way people are shouting cheaper parts u would think its parts would be 1000 naira. Its not that cheap and the fuel economy is not remarkably different

If you r thinking of buying d car for business , u may go for corolla but if it's for personal use , go for Camry but u have to up ur budget .get an XLE 4 cylinders. You would get the luxury n performance that would be close to ur previous car

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by mu2sa2: 6:35am On Feb 13, 2020
Mynd44:

Not really. He didn't deliberately "put away" the es 330, but in any case es 300 and es 330 are on all fours except for engine capacity(3.0 vs 3.3), which even gives 300 an edge in fuel economy. Comfort, balance and legendary Toyota V6 engine - with these, lexus is miles ahead of corolla.

1 Like

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by salford1: 6:36am On Feb 13, 2020
mfm04622:

Camry is a higher grade brand to Corolla. So for Tokunbo, Camry will be more expensive. However, due to demand in Nigeria, Corolla has a better resale value than Camry in Nigeria. Corolla is the basic brand while Camry is the semi luxury brand
Lol. Nothing luxury about Camry.
They are just regular sedans. Corolla is a compact sized car while the Camry is a mid sized car.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by maynation(f): 6:42am On Feb 13, 2020
malele:

why do u people comment on what u dont know?
who told u2.1m cant buy a camry and u still get change?
nawah for human beings
Number 1. It depends on the model of the Camry.
Then secondly, it depends on the total wellbeing of the car.
I won't even advise my worst enemy to buy a second hand used Nigeria Camry for that price, believe me you are buying a problem.

10 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by dangoteinlaw: 6:43am On Feb 13, 2020
I was in a bus one morning when a corrola pulled in from of us, the driver yelled "get out of my way, all these Uber drivers don't know anything"!!! I lol then asked the driver if he was sure it's an Uber and responded saying thats an Uber car everyone knows that. Nuff said lol

10 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by KcAngel(m): 6:43am On Feb 13, 2020
GO FOR COROLLA... VERY ECONOMICAL AND STRONG
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by galadima77(m): 6:45am On Feb 13, 2020
banom:
Buy CORONAVIRUS latest version . It's the trendy one now.

Lolz
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by dangoteinlaw: 6:45am On Feb 13, 2020
Eazyll:
Buy Toyota Prius 2008 model, u will thank me later.. This what I use
Prius, seriously Have u had ur medicine today?

1 Like

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by ab1x: 6:50am On Feb 13, 2020
Corolla is the car for you considering the reason you stated.

1 Like

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by mrphysics(m): 6:51am On Feb 13, 2020
maynation:

Number 1. It depends on the model of the Camry.
Then secondly, it depends on the total wellbeing of the car.
I won't even advise my worst enemy to buy a second hand used Nigeria Camry for that price, believe me you are buying a problem.
Ignore them, until they push the guy into buying an almost dead but refurbished Nigerian used Camry. Imagine people saying a 2010 Camry is cheaper than a 2010 Corolla!

Like Mynd44 said, the corolla of 2003-2006 is more expensive compared to the Toyota Camry of same year.

However, anything higher than 2006 which is the Muzzle category, then Toyota Camry becomes more expensive than Corolla for Tokumbo.

I am planning of getting Toyota 2012 model next year when I am back. By then the price would have come down.

@mynd44,do you know if the 2012 model of Camry can come in 1.8L engine?

3 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Mynd44: 6:55am On Feb 13, 2020
Gentlemanforyou:
the only difference is the headrest at the back. Es 330 has 3 while es 300 has 2
Not exactly.

The 330 is a 3.3l engine the 300 is a 3.0

The 300 is more fuel efficient
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Exponental(m): 6:56am On Feb 13, 2020
If you drove a Lexus and you need another car, if it must be Toyota, then Camry. Obviously, fuel is not your problem. That little difference in consumption is what you pay for comfort. Generally I see Toyota as a utility vehicle. If you want luxury and it must be Toyota... Camry. If you choose to think outside Toyota, try Honda..... You will hate Toyota. Imagine a Camry of same year with Honda tagged Big for nothing while its corresponding Honda called End of Discussion.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2020 Toyota Highlander Unveiled - Photos, Details And Price / Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Car Collection (Photos) / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.