Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? (70505 Views)

Fitting The 5.0l V8 From The Lexus ISF In A '05 Corolla Or '09 Camry / Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? / 2006 Corolla Or 2006 Avensis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by malele(m): 6:56am On Feb 13, 2020
maynation:

Number 1. It depends on the model of the Camry.
Then secondly, it depends on the total wellbeing of the car.
I won't even advise my worst enemy to buy a second hand used Nigeria Camry for that price, believe me you are buying a problem.

he clearly said camry 2007 to camry 2009.
2.1million can afford that car comfortably.

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Emmaxmusic(m): 6:57am On Feb 13, 2020
It depends
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Renforce: 6:57am On Feb 13, 2020
Shibaraba:
Buy korope

By the way Lagos state is impounding cars used for uber and taxify through them useless VIO for lack of operating licence from the ehailing platform . Why is no one talking about this?

Stop okada frustrate uber. Someone is calling for trouble.
Dear Governor I know you're in this forum
Call your boys to order. There is a limit a man can take.

My apologies for derailing

Create thread bro, others facing such would corroborate your story. This is war
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by adisaaowala: 6:58am On Feb 13, 2020
BabaOwen:
A tokunbo Camry is always more expensive than a tokunbo corolla of the same year.

This isn't always true oga.

Grade for grade, the 2003-2005 Corolla is more expensive than its Camry counterpart
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Emmymarvel(m): 6:58am On Feb 13, 2020
kingteeee:
Hi Nairalander,
Advice is needed here please help me out, I was using Lexus ES330 2005 for over 2 years which I had no issue with it but late last year I involved in an accident which cost some damages on the car and after repair I sold the car but now I need a car again and my budget is between 1.7m - 2.1m I think I should go for a low maintenance car so I’m confused maybe I should buy Corolla 2005-2007 model or Camry 2007-2009 model. Thanks
Camry 2007 any day.....is
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Skyebestpropert(m): 6:58am On Feb 13, 2020
Oga bi corrolla jare .person never pray good morning Jesus na corrolla and Camry discussion u bring early momo.anyway oau&oui student accommodation 08169670189
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by mrphysics(m): 6:59am On Feb 13, 2020
Op, go for corolla 2006 model. However it depends on how long you want to drive the car. If you don't want to drive it for a long time, then go for 2004 model, you can get this for 1.7m and sell it 1.4m after one year drive.

However, if you intend to use it for a long time, go for 2006 Corolla, a budget of 2.1m can get you that. After 2 years of use, you can still sell it for 1.4m still.

However, if you want little luxury or a feel of seemingly big boy, then increase your budget and go for Camry either 2008 or 2009. You can get this between 2.6-2.8m (clean).

Lastly before buying corolla, go with a mechanic and insist he check for what is popularly known as "Indomie". Those car dealers usually remove it and it leads to faster consumption of fuel. Also, the problem of Corolla's is faster engine burn. The engine oil burns and reduces. So most people that use Corolla always have to top oil.
So your mechanic must check this.

Regards

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by maynation(f): 6:59am On Feb 13, 2020
malele:

he clearly said camry 2007 to camry 2009.
2.1million can afford that car comfortably.

2009 Camry is about 2.5 milli or there about (last I priced).
Don't advise people to buy problems.

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Emmymarvel(m): 6:59am On Feb 13, 2020
kingteeee:
Hi Nairalander,
Advice is needed here please help me out, I was using Lexus ES330 2005 for over 2 years which I had no issue with it but late last year I involved in an accident which cost some damages on the car and after repair I sold the car but now I need a car again and my budget is between 1.7m - 2.1m I think I should go for a low maintenance car so I’m confused maybe I should buy Corolla 2005-2007 model or Camry 2007-2009 model. Thanks
Camry 2007 any day.....has a stronger body than corolla. No go buy corolla 2007 then people will be mistaken you for Uber except that's d reason u buying though.

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by adisaaowala: 7:00am On Feb 13, 2020
BabaOwen:
A tokunbo Camry is always more expensive than a tokunbo corolla of the same year.

This isn't always true oga.

Grade for grade, the 2003-2005 Corolla is more expensive than its Camry counterpart.

.......atleast in Nigeria
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 13, 2020
Renforce:

Create thread bro, others facing such would corroborate your stories
With these source craving mods ? And their biased journalism ? I don't have time. But its really painful. Two of my cars are impounded and I'm just pissed. Very In fact. One of the journalists here would see it and create a thread hopefully. Thanks for the concern though

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by DavidEsq(m): 7:05am On Feb 13, 2020
JJAbrams:
Corolla but make sure you have a gated street and compound
May I ask why I said this?
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by DavidEsq(m): 7:07am On Feb 13, 2020
[quote author=JoNach post=86605310]I have both cars but il advice you go for 2007 Corolla, because of lower maintenance costs. [/quote
How much?]
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by DavidEsq(m): 7:07am On Feb 13, 2020
JoNach:
I have both cars but il advice you go for 2007 Corolla, because of lower maintenance costs.
How much?
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Renforce: 7:08am On Feb 13, 2020
Shibaraba:

With these source craving mods ? And their biased journalism ? I don't have time. But its really painful. Two of my cars are impounded and I'm just pissed. Very In fact. One of the journalists here would see it and create a thread hopefully. Thanks for the concern though

Its sad indeed bro
You are welcome
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by DavidEsq(m): 7:10am On Feb 13, 2020
Crookesmore:
In the same situation

But now, camry 08 and 09 are getting cheaper, you can get corolla 06-08 at that price range

I have decided to go for corolla 2010 tokunbo.

I just have this funny feeling that camry 07 upwards is too LONG grin grin grin
For how much?
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by IamDavid(m): 7:11am On Feb 13, 2020
TruthSpeaker:
TOYOTA CAMRY HAS ALWAYS BEEN HIGHER RANKED THAN TOYOTA COROLLA. WHILE TOTOTA CAMRY IS A MIDSIZE SEDAN, TOYOTA COROLLA IS A COMPACT SEDAN. IN OTHER WORDS, CAMRY IS BIGGER, MORE EXPENSIVE, MORE POWERFUL AND LOGICALLY CONSUMES MORE GASOLINE.
WHEN BUYING A USED CAR, THE MILEAGE IS VERY IMPORTANT. THE HIGHER THE MILEAGE, THE MORE POSSIBILITY OF HAVING PROBLEMS EARLY. TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE, IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BUY A CAR OF LESS THAN 100,000KM OF MILEAGE. YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL BY MAKING SURE YOU ARE SEEING KILOMETERS AND NOT MILES, BECAUSE 100,000 MILES IS ABOUT 161,000KM.
I’M AFRAID WITH YOUR SLIM BUDGET AND WITH THE OLD MODEL YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, THESE NUMBERS WOULDN’T BE FEASIBLE. THEN ANOTHER IMPORTANT FACTOR IS TO TRY TO TRACK THE CAR HISTORY ONLINE, SO THAT YOU DON’T END UP BUYING A JUNK CAR THAT SUFFERED A SERIOUS ACCIDENT IN THE PAST OR WAS A VICTIM OF NATURAL DISASTER (SEVERE FLOODING).
BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR FINAL CHOICE.
why are you shouting??

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by NigeriaBam: 7:12am On Feb 13, 2020
Buy anyone you afford.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by cRobo: 7:14am On Feb 13, 2020
JoNach:
I have both cars but il advice you go for 2007 Corolla, because of lower maintenance costs.

So Camry is maintenance cost is high?
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Grupo(m): 7:16am On Feb 13, 2020
BabaOwen:

Not true.

A tokunbo 2007 corolla is more expensive or the same price as tokunbo 2007 camry.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kenyguy(m): 7:18am On Feb 13, 2020
Buy Corolla bro
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by johneddy: 7:21am On Feb 13, 2020
Shoptomydoor Imports, Exports From USA, UK and Nigeria – Ocean Shipping, Air Shipping for Both Business and Individual to Make Profit

Shop, ship and relax with Shoptomydoor. We give cheapest import/export solution for your business/personal needs

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by malele(m): 7:24am On Feb 13, 2020
maynation:

2009 Camry is about 2.5 milli or there about (last I priced).
Don't advise people to buy problems.

Oga am a car dealer,thats I will tell u bye. don’t deceive people.

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by afilaka(f): 7:26am On Feb 13, 2020
Frankiss44:

I tot a tokumbo corolla is more expensive than a tokumbo Camry of the same year ?

You thought wrong oooo. Camry is much more expensive.

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Contumely: 7:28am On Feb 13, 2020
mrphysics:
Op, go for corolla 2006 model. However it depends on how long you want to drive the car. If you don't want to drive it for a long time, then go for 2004 model, you can get this for 1.7m and sell it 1.4m after one year drive.

However, if you intend to use it for a long time, go for 2006 Corolla, a budget of 2.1m can get you that. After 2 years of use, you can still sell it for 1.4m still.

However, if you want little luxury or a feel of seemingly big boy, then increase your budget and go for Camry either 2008 or 2009. You can get this between 2.6-2.8m (clean).

Lastly before buying corolla, go with a mechanic and insist he check for what is popularly known as "Indomie". Those car dealers usually remove it and it leads to faster consumption of fuel. Also, the problem of Corolla's is faster engine burn. The engine oil burns and reduces. So most people that use Corolla always have to top oil.
So your mechanic must check this.

Regards

What's that " indomie "called please ?
nurey
radautoworks

gregng

egunmogaji2
erico2k2

trumpdonald2
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by afilaka(f): 7:28am On Feb 13, 2020
DavidEsq:

May I ask why I said this?

If you know ,you know

Thieves like corolla more.

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Crookesmore: 7:28am On Feb 13, 2020
DavidEsq:

For how much?

Depending on your location and how much hustle you fit do

Price range is 2.2 - 2.6.. Note accidented ones are 2.2 - 2.3
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 7:31am On Feb 13, 2020
Mynd44:
At that budget, you can mostly get a tokunbo Corolla not a tokunbo Camry.

If you are comfortable using a Nigerian used Camry, lovely.

Then there is feel consumption, price of maintenance and the other things. Which people will swear makes the Corolla better.
Thanks, but I heard people saying Corolla and thieves are 5&6 and saying it’s too light on the road...

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 7:33am On Feb 13, 2020
Azeh:
Corolla..and u will never regret

Ok thanks.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by SamUnbeatable(m): 7:34am On Feb 13, 2020
abbeyie007:
For fuel efficiency, it's better u go for the Camry
did u just write fuel efficiency for Camry compared to Corolla? Bros Corolla fuel efficiency is mad .....
bought full tank on a trip from abuja to imo state in my corrolla 2007 ride, used AC all Tru the journey and am left with quarter tank fuel. my friend dat we travelled together sold his Camry and bought Corolla wen we came back.....
corrolla is mad in maintenance and fuel consumption
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 7:35am On Feb 13, 2020
seunak2016:
corolla if you short or average person but if you are tall person then Camry is best for you. don't really think tall people can be comfortable in Toyota corolla( sport) but camry(big daddy ) is ok and maintenance isnt that expensive anyway

I’m a tall person. lol
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by maynation(f): 7:35am On Feb 13, 2020
malele:

Oga am a car dealer,thats I will tell u bye. don’t deceive people.
Don't deceive people? What would I gain from deceiving them? If truly you are a car dealer then stop selling problems in the name of car dealership. FYI, I'm not a car dealer but a 2013-Camry owner, I saw those cheaper problematic ones before I opted for this and you don't want to know how much I bought it. Oga run along.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2020 Toyota Highlander Unveiled - Photos, Details And Price / Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Car Collection (Photos) / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years