Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (300159 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Tyteeso(m): 3:23pm On May 17, 2020
James4bright:

I've seen pictures of Asians covering their nose while sitting close to blacks before though.

I just told someone about this your tale just now, and he couldn't stop laughing. Omo nor be small thing oh.
grin grin
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:24pm On May 17, 2020
Tyteeso:

Cars over there is 100% tax..so most can't afford to buy a car..it's was there govt policy to reduce so much cars on the road..more so new bikes like vespa there can buy a tokunbo Camry here in naija with the cost..English get affected one way or the other if u have more Vietnamese friends cos u will wanna speak for them to understand..cos even in language we av vietnamese English..the one I know they all say is putting "come" to replace "go"...lolz..they will say in sentence " tomorrow I come hometown" simply telling u they are going to their hometown tomorrow..but very lovely pple tho...most my guys there are marrying Vietnamese now

LMAO. I think they've changed to "Is have" in place of "There is"

All my students start out with that too. Sometimes, when they remember, they join both of them together �
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:27pm On May 17, 2020
Tyteeso:

Lolz we all enter that trap of using gas..but Rice cooker to the rescue...u suppose to av meet naija peeps..shey na HIF church u dey go?

HIF for the win oooo. Never a dull moment with Alpha, HIF young adults, et al

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Tyteeso(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2020
WhyNa:

LMAO. I think they've changed to "Is have" in place of "There is"

All my students start out with that too. Sometimes, when they remember, they join both of them together �
grin grin they must av improved now cos it's been years, but I love the way there govt is trying so that the country can be English speaking country

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:28pm On May 17, 2020
James4bright:

Very informative.

Lovely people you say? Until they start mistreating blacks just the same way the Chinese are acting. There must be a slight level of hostility they exhibit with blacks.

If there is any, I haven't seen or heard.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Tyteeso(m): 3:30pm On May 17, 2020
WhyNa:

HIF for the win oooo. Never a dull moment with Alpha, HIF young adults, et al

Correct..
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:31pm On May 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:

I will send you a pm.

About the bad service, it's based on their lack of skill in English so communication can be difficult. Seems you have not experienced it?
Their language is hard to learn, as one word might mean 5 different things, depending on how you pronounce it

I just use Google translate mbok or go with a Vietnamese friend if it's a bigger deal.

The other day, I went to open account, babe after walking up and down, consulting, asking and re-asking me question and giving me ticket, babe came back and said they are no longer opening account.

I sha look am comot Went back with a friend and the account was opened.

A out the language, true but I'm trying. I'm currently learning or cramming the sentence "I don't understand"

They love it when you can speak their language. Guess we all do

12 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:35pm On May 17, 2020
Tyteeso:

Lolz...even in African countries some pple still treat others as shit..so it's everywhere..and even in Vietnam then some will run away when they see us coming..cos they av not seen blacks b4, some call us monkeys but 90% of Vietnamese are nice..they may be scared of u at first or when u behave strange..u know as naija be nah, like when we are in the bus and I am tired of standing and I see someone feeling anyhow..u can know that when u are close to them they will cover there nose as if u are smelling..then I move closer to such person sitting within minutes he/she will stand up to move away from u and me I jejely sit down on the sit.. grin more so in the morning when we are going to class and the elevator is full and we are late, the elevator opens we enter like that and b4 u know it half of the Vietnamese will run out of it..some don't like u and some knows that the elevator may hang on the way when it's overfull.. So they run out grin

LMAO. Thank God I didn't come during this period. What year was this?

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:36pm On May 17, 2020
James4bright:

Don't be impressed they wanted to take a picture with you on your native outfit.

They must have seen you as one clown parading in a weird outfit. Lol.

Dude what's with all the negativity?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Tyteeso(m): 3:37pm On May 17, 2020
WhyNa:

LMAO. Thank God I didn't come during this period. What year was this?
Got there 2011 left 2013

9 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Tyteeso(m): 3:39pm On May 17, 2020
James4bright:

Don't be impressed they wanted to take a picture with you on your native outfit.

They must have seen you as one clown parading in a weird outfit. Lol.
Lmao...whatever is may be..I believe there's no bad publicity..and more so..out of 10 Vietnamese girl that took pics with u..8 will surely collect ur number..and am sure u know the rest grin

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 3:40pm On May 17, 2020
That will be riding motorcycle ooooo i beg i no be teacher ooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin

WhyNa:

Lmao. I didn't buy a car oo. I meant driving my bike which right now is cooler than driving a car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 3:43pm On May 17, 2020
Oga james & bright...Have you been to Vietnam?

James4bright:

I've seen pictures of Asians covering their nose while sitting close to blacks before though.

I just told someone about this your tale just now, and he couldn't stop laughing. Omo nor be small thing oh.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 3:46pm On May 17, 2020
The agent things was discuss on the post use any info at your own discretion and no come back to NL come dey sing lullaby ooo.

bro1010:

I really enjoy the way you break this stuff down, it can be hard trying to digest these things especially for some of us with little experience with travelling stuff. I would love it if you can refer an agent that you know of or give us a guideline on where to find agents and how to vet them because that is the stage i am now.

I have every document ready, just preparing for the IELTS which i noticed is the new criteria. I understand if you do not want to refer an agent to the public. Here is my email eves4love@gmail.com, i will really appreciate it if you can refer me an agent or direct me on how to go about it successfully, I will surely use my head with prayer to select a better agent.
Thank you and do have a nice day.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 17, 2020
Tyteeso:

Lmao...whatever is may be..I believe there's no bad publicity..and more so..out of 10 Vietnamese girl that took pics with u..8 will surely collect ur number..and am sure u know the rest grin

hmm very interesting

No wonder in this vlog, there are many blacks hanging out and cuddling Vietnamese girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3soYuRjGY

Bonus

viet chick is not bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlcNhhQm0wo

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by James4bright(m): 3:59pm On May 17, 2020
Tyteeso:
Got there 2011 left 2013
That was way back then. They should be more civilized by now.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by James4bright(m): 4:06pm On May 17, 2020
Tyteeso:

Lmao. Bro, if I were to migrate, making money would be my primary motive.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by James4bright(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2020
WhyNa:

Dude what's with all the negativity?
I'm just paranoid. Nothing serious.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 17, 2020

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Tyteeso(m): 4:25pm On May 17, 2020
James4bright:

That was way back then. They should be more civilized by now.
Yea...they should

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:

You're right. They can touch your hair without excuse, they can touch your skin to check if it stains cloth. Also they like Whites. Any where you see white or yellow skin there must be racism. It's also easier for White people to get teaching jobs or any jobs than blacks. However they are still better than Chinese people in terms of racism

So true. Whites are always treated like kings in Asia and Afrika.

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Reex12(m): 4:29pm On May 17, 2020
bro wats d easiest way to go to vietnam do they offer scholarships?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Denique(f): 4:45pm On May 17, 2020
God when?
God when?
God when?
My fellow girl, same age o...
God when?
God when?
God when?

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Tyteeso(m): 4:58pm On May 17, 2020
WhyNa:

I just use Google translate mbok or go with a Vietnamese friend if it's a bigger deal.

The other day, I went to open account, babe after walking up and down, consulting, asking and re-asking me question and giving me ticket, babe came back and said they are no longer opening account.

I sha look am comot Went back with a friend and the account was opened.

A out the language, true but I'm trying. I'm currently learning or cramming the sentence "I don't understand"

They love it when you can speak their language. Guess we all do
Lolz..I understand what u mean, some are employed on the terms that they can speak English..is just like a village star that lie to his friends that he can speak English and when the tym to show what they claim and notin to say...they become dumb...I could remember when we went to Westlake to buy some items back then..they went to call a lady to come and speak English to us..that one came the on tin she sabi speak is hello and what's ur name grin lobatan at the end we have to leave the place..if u want cool services try and carry ur Vietnamese friend along...speaking there language they can dash u what u want to buy free

13 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SpeciallyUnique(m): 5:11pm On May 17, 2020
WhyNa:

Speciallyunique yes they are open

@WhyNa Thanks a lot. I’m grateful

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:35pm On May 17, 2020
Tyteeso:

Lolz..I understand what u mean, some are employed on the terms that they can speak English..is just like a village star that lie to his friends that he can speak English and when the tym to show what they claim and notin to say...they become dumb...I could remember when we went to Westlake to buy some items back then..they went to call a lady to come and speak English to us..that one came the on tin she sabi speak is hello and what's ur name grin lobatan at the end we have to leave the place..if u want cool services try and carry ur Vietnamese friend along...speaking there language they can dash u what u want to buy free

Those two sentences be saving lives since 2011. Lol

Teacher: How old are you
Student: I'm fine thank you

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:37pm On May 17, 2020
Denique:
God when? God when? God when? My fellow girl, same age o... God when? God when? God when?
Babe I asked myself this question too.
Started trying in 2014. Go check my IELTS thread.
Your time will come as long as you keep trying.
How you take know my age sha

8 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Denique(f): 6:35pm On May 17, 2020
WhyNa:

Amen o...Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Um, I saw where you said you didn't want to be 30 in Naija. That gave me a clue cheesy

7 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 17, 2020
WhyNa:

So your year of birth is1990? grin
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by BHAG: 8:35pm On May 17, 2020
Sorry for this question, please answer
The TEFL is it advisable to do the online course or come to Vietnam to do it and how much does it cost please? Thanks
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Tyteeso(m): 9:08pm On May 17, 2020
WhyNa:

Those two sentences be saving lives since 2011. Lol

Teacher: How old are you
Student: I'm fine thank you
Lolz

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.