Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (298652 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:34am On Apr 18, 2020
gentlemate00:
The message show negative and i cant reply you. Never mind sha.

Something is wrong with your mailbox I think. I've replied twice but you didn't seem to get any
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
Thank you very much never use for message since on NL.

WhyNa:

Something is wrong with your mailbox I think. I've replied twice but you didn't seem to get any
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2020
I guess so make moderator help me check ooo grin

WhyNa:

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Elektra008(f): 8:53am On Apr 19, 2020
gentlemate00:
I guess so make moderator help me check ooo grin

just check your spam/junk mail
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2020
Thanks man

Elektra008:

just check your spam/junk mail
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Drhay: 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2020
WhyNa:

Kindly reply your msg ma
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Update...

Ater 3 weeks of lockdown in Vietnam, from tomorrow, we freeeeee.

As at today,, 22nd of April 2020, Vietnam has recorded
258 Cases
0 Death
223 Recovered

So there's only 35 active cases. Good job they doing here I must say!

Immigration work is back up but they dealing with those needing extension for now.

There's also speculations that schools will resume next week. It'll probably be 1st week of May but whichever the case, it's a total relief believe you me.

It saddens my heart to hear the situation of things in Nigeria and my heart bleeds. I guess when you're in the country and see the posts on social media, you laugh about it, we laugh about it, cos that's one of our coping mechanisms. But once you leave, it dawns on you that it really is no laughing matter and it breaks your heart.

Stay safe out there people, better days ahead

33 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by juliusocean(m): 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
WhyNa:
Update...

Ater 3 weeks of lockdown in Vietnam, from tomorrow, we freeeeee.

As at today,, 22nd of April 2020, Vietnam has recorded
258 Cases
0 Death
223 Recovered

So there's only 35 active cases. Good job they doing here I must say!

Immigration work is back up but they dealing with those needing extension for now.

There's also speculations that schools will resume next week. It'll probably be 1st week of May but whichever the case, it's a total relief believe you me.

It saddens my heart to hear the situation of things in Nigeria and my heart bleeds. I guess when you're in the country and see the posts on social media, you laugh about it, we laugh about it, cos that's one of our coping mechanisms. But once you leave, it dawns on you that it really is no laughing matter and it breaks your heart.

Stay safe out there people, better days ahead
How far have you gone with the language?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
juliusocean:

How far have you gone with the language?

We've been on lockdown so I haven't learnt anything new. But starting tomorrow I should start again
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Cryomancer: 8:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
WhyNa:

Boss just to correct this, your visa can actually be renewed via the same agent, a new agent or your current sponsor (employee). You're right about the overstaying fine

You knew about all these all along but chose to keep it to yourself when people were asking... Now that someone else is kind enough to reply, you're now forming I too know.

Anyway just remember that life is always funny. When you think you know it all, you'll be amazed at howmuch information other people have already acquired.

I must commend your effort in trying to tell others about Vietnam but I'm sure you didn't do it to put others through in their migration plans, rather you only did it to show people that you actually made it out finally.

Good luck with your journey in life and I wish you the very best over there in Vietnam.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
Cryomancer:

You knew about all these all along but chose to keep it to yourself when people were asking... Now that someone else is kind enough to reply, you're now forming I too know.

Anyway just remember that life is always funny. When you think you know it all, you'll be amazed at howmuch information other people have already acquired.

I must commend your effort in trying to tell others about Vietnam but I'm sure you didn't do it to put others through in their migration plans, rather you only did it to show people that you actually made it out finally.

Good luck with your journey in life and I wish you the very best over there in Vietnam.
haba, chil bro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 1:04am On Apr 23, 2020
Cryomancer:

Wow. You are funny, very funny and I wonder where all this anger is coming from.

I remember some pages ago, I encouraged people to do research on their own cos I don't know it all and of course I was crucified for it.

What exactly did he say that I haven't mentioned somewhere in the thread? Or were you planning to come and overstay?

Get a grip of yourself and try to think next time before typing. Dont t let your fingers run faster than your brain

Your picture even shows you're angry at life itself

14 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Cryomancer: 1:17am On Apr 23, 2020
WhyNa:

Wow. You are funny, very funny and I wonder where all this anger is coming from.

I remember some pages ago, I encouraged people to do research on their own cos I don't know it all and of course I was crucified for it.

What exactly did he say that I haven't mentioned somewhere in the thread? Or were you planning to come and overstay?

Get a grip of yourself and try to think next time before typing. Dont t let your fingers run faster than your brain

Your picture even shows you're angry at life itself

Well I didn't expect much from you than what you've just exhibited.... Yea you can call out people now and say they are angry about life after looking through their profile pictures and their posts, just because you've simply relocated and have the information they never had.

Well... like I said earlier, "Life is very funny"

I hold no grudge against you Ma'am, and I wish you the best.

30 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by lilichi: 7:43am On Apr 23, 2020
Cryomancer:

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 7:59am On Apr 23, 2020
Cryomancer:

Well I didn't expect much from you than what you've just exhibited.... Yea you can call out people now and say they are angry about life after looking through their profile pictures and their posts, just because you've simply relocated and have the information they never had.

Well... like I said earlier, "Life is very funny"

I hold no grudge against you Ma'am, and I wish you the best.

First you accuse me falsely, then play the victim card. Some man you are

7 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Cryomancer: 9:26am On Apr 23, 2020
WhyNa:

First you accuse me falsely, then play the victim card. Some man you are
My dear... I only boldly called you out over what I observed. I know you owe nobody anything here but trust me Ma'am, your thread is far from helping/putting anybody through the process of migration to Vietnam, and your response and evasion of some questions proves it all, that's why I called you out.

For the fact that you could even say someone is angry over their life, says a lot about you already. Because, just in the space of howmany months you migrated, you're already using your own comfort to throw jabs at other people you knew nothing about their past nor present.

Ma'am like I said earlier "Life is very funny", and you're there today doesn't mean people won't get there too... Please be humble.!!

Enjoy your new life... May the best come your way.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gees101(m): 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
Cryomancer:
My dear... I only boldly called you out over what I observed. I know you owe nobody anything here but trust me Ma'am, your thread is far from helping/putting anybody through the process of migration to Vietnam, and your response and evasion of some questions proves it all, that's why I called you out.

For the fact that you could even say someone is angry over their life, says a lot about you already. Because, just in the space of howmany months you migrated, you're already using your own comfort to throw jabs at other people you knew nothing about their past nor present.

Ma'am like I said earlier "Life is very funny", and you're there today doesn't mean people won't get there too... Please be humble.!!

1million likes bro

48 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by ekwuemendinso(m): 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Cryomancer:

Words!

Am humbled

21 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ugoerico(m): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
Cryomancer:

For @Cryomancer
1. You had a good point there!! but you made it in an unfriendly way! U could have selected your words better, cos u ain't paying her for the info, plz learn not to feel entitled...

2.@WhyNaa I commend you for enlightening them on the prospects of Vietnam, however you erred seriously by:
a.) Learn never to use one's life predicament to mock him. Lets just assume the guy is truely angry over his life, so u feel u are entitled to use it to mock him? That's morally poor.
b) The thread can only be wonderfull when it can serve the intending travelers...I belive you created this thread inorder to help those who would want to toe the direction of Vietnam. Such intention should have been open enough to make a stepwise guide on how to immigrate, AT LEAST THE PROCESSES YOU TOOK that landed you sucesfully.

To all travel hopefuls,Never relent! Explore all means and you will achieve it...Think, research and read other threads here on Nairaland. Join the Social & Professional fora of your target countries.
INFORMATION IS ALWAYS POWER!

31 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:11am On Apr 25, 2020
Ugoerico:
For @Cryomancer
1. You had a good point there!! but you made it in an unfriendly way! U could have selected your words better, cos u ain't paying her for the info, plz learn not to feel entitled...

2.@WhyNaa I commend you for enlightening them on the prospects of Vietnam, however you erred seriously by:
a.) Learn never to use one's life predicament to mock him. Lets just assume the guy is truely angry over his life, so u feel u are entitled to use it to mock him? That's morally poor.
b) The thread can only be wonderfull when it can serve the intending travelers...I belive you created this thread inorder to help those who would want to toe the direction of Vietnam. Such intention should have been open enough to make a stepwise guide on how to immigrate, AT LEAST THE PROCESSES YOU TOOK that landed you sucesfully.

To all travel hopefuls,Never relent! Explore all means and you will achieve it...Think, research and read other threads here on Nairaland. Join the Social & Professional fora of your target countries.
INFORMATION IS ALWAYS POWER!

I'm sorry I let my anger get the best of me but I never really intended to mock him in any way. It actually feels sad that despite giving detailed information throughout the thread, he still said I was hoarding info, like how? Page one alone gives a step by step direction. I also encouraged people to try and do their own research cos indeed I do not know it all and there are things I must have missed. People go a step further to email me and I try my best to reply so why the accusations?

WhyNa:

Now here are some of the reasons I was comfortable with going to Vietnam

1) The visa policy. You can extend your stay before your visa expires
2) The cost of living is pretty low.
3) The job market is huge

My only issues were getting a trusted agent to run the package and it was pretty damn expensive!

WhyNa:

The CELTA school said they don't aid with visa application but linked me up with an agent. Here began my journey of contacting nothing less than 50 persons/agents.

I had to be careful. Within the time it took me to start the visa process and get it, a friend was duped twice. So believe me when I say you have to be smart and careful in this journey. I spoke with looots of scammers. Nigerians there topped the list of scammers, a couple of Vietnamese people tried too. I wrote a lot mails, made lots of calls, chatted at midnight cos of time difference.

Finally, by God's grace, I was able to find one reliable person and so the journey began

WhyNa:

The very first thing I got was a police character report from Alagbon. Then I proceeded to get my medical and TEFL certificate.

With this 3 documents and my degree, I left for Abuja for authentication.

First stop was Ministry of Education

WhyNa:

Now that I was done with both ministries, I proceeded to the Vietnamese embassy for another round of authentication. I was supposed to go with dollars and I didn't so I had to go change the money and come back.

By 4pm, I was done with everything authentication.

Stage one had been completed

WhyNa:

From the Vietnamese embassy, I went straight to DHL to send the documents.

WhyNa:

Visa on arrival, I paid $150.

Authentication is 300 per document. 1200 for scratch card. Hold money little little things

WhyNa:
A lot of people have been sending me mails, asking me how to come here. There are several packages available...

You can come here on a 3 months visa

You can come on a 3 months visa, job offer, flight ticket.

You can come on a football visa, flight ticket, airport pickup and accommodation

You can come on a one year visa, 2 years work permit, TEFL, flight tickets, airport pickup and 2 nights accommodation.

They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Just be wise and careful to avoid stories that make water come out of the eye. I can't overemphasize this!

Disclaimer: I don't work with anyone here and nobody here helped me get the visa or anything to avoid anyone mailing you with or in my name. Biko.

WhyNa:

If you read through the thread, you would have actually seen that I mentioned these things and no, everyone doesn't need to do the exact same thing I did. What works for A in January might not work for B in February!//

See I don't know it all. Nothing is permanent and if there's one thing about Vietnam, they pass laws on a steady. People should do some research on their own too and I bet you, they'll find things even I didn't find.

WhyNa:

With 2M, you can start the process, get to Vietnam, and still be good for the next 1-2 months. By process, I mean both getting the right documents, authentication, one year visa, work permit, flight, accommodation, feeding, etc.

This however depends on some things.

1. The agent
2. Your prudence in spending
3. Your taste.
4. Location

Other than that, 2M would get you the best option.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Coolberry: 2:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
Haba! page 1-3 contain all the steps or am I missing something?

8 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SaintHilary(m): 2:56pm On Apr 25, 2020
Humans come in different form,WhyNa is a diff human from that guy in Ireland. Heck! Going through that Ireland thread alone is enough to migrate. Humble, Super Responsive.
But like I said, Humans are different

41 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Youngext: 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2020
SaintHilary:
Humans come in different form,WhyNa is a diff human from that guy in Ireland. Heck! Going through that Ireland thread alone is enough to migrate. Humble, Super Responsive.
But like I said, Humans are different
I swear, chiggsglover is one of a kind
WhyNa lost it when she started referring people to Google for answers she could have just typed in seconds, mind you, most of them had searched the net and couldn't find the resource they asked, or do you think of they did find the answers, they would still be asking?
Truth is, they're still some un answered questions that she has refused to answer but talked about passing through situations like that,
What is better than hearing from the mouth of the messenger?
But then, what do I know? It's a free world

29 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Slyle(m): 3:29pm On Apr 25, 2020
Youngext:

I swear, chiggsglover is one of a kind
WhyNa lost it when she started referring people to Google for answers she could have just typed in seconds, mind you, most of them had searched the net and couldn't find the resource they asked, or do you think of they did find the answers, they would still be asking?
Truth is, they're still some un answered questions that she has refused to answer but talked about passing through situations like that,
What is better than hearing from the mouth of the messenger?
But then, what do I know? It's a free world

Not just her though, I think it seems to be a general thing for peeps that have successfully migrated, I may be wrong though.

9 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
Coolberry:
Haba! page 1-3 contain all the steps or am I missing something?

At this point, even I am confused

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Firefox01: 3:37pm On Apr 25, 2020
I seriously don't understand where the attack on WhyNa is coming from. This is ridiculous.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Grateful007: 2:39am On Apr 26, 2020
impressive thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 26, 2020
I really don't understand why there are some haters in this thread.

WhyNa's main purpose is only about her life and journey in Vietnam. Not how to come to Vietnam.

Each person has a different way to come to Vietnam. Her path is not necessarily right with others.

Haters always hate. ignore them and keep going.

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.