Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (299406 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by hustla(m): 2:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
angry
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ebubeagu1: 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
Don't know where all this attack on WhyNa is coming from. I mean, everything you need to know about migrating to vietnam is already on page 1-3 haba.. And mind you, there's no way you won't make your own research on which ever country you plan on migrating to so please lets stop all this attack on her person and start thinking of way forward.

14 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 7:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
Correct thread..quite informative
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2020
The problem here some people want her to introduce the agent she use for her package and she is not ready to take that risk incase something happen some guys will be on Nairaland within a minute to tell us how they were scam, Like she said the process is you need to find someone trustworthy to help you with the package. If you are interest in Vietnam do your own research.

Ebubeagu1:
Don't know where all this attack on WhyNa is coming from. I mean, everything you need to know about migrating to vietnam is already on page 1-3 haba.. And mind you, there's no way you won't make your own research on which ever country you plan on migrating to so please lets stop all this attack on her person and start thinking of way forward.

25 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SpeciallyUnique(m): 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
You’ve said the hard truth.

You see, those who are complaining here are the unserious ones. If you are serious errrhhh... I mean if you are really, really serious about traveling outta the country you will not be asking @WhyNa to be spoon feeding you with all the info. You’ll do some deep digging after you’ve been given the lead.

Whatever @WhyNa has posted here is more than enough for anybody who is bent on living out of the country with or without any assistance!!! You can’t compel him to give any further info.

AFTER ALL HE DIDN’T GET THE HELP HE HAS PROVIDED HERE BUT HE WAS STILL ABLE TO MAKE IT OUT OF THE COUNTRY!!!

gentlemate00:
The problem here some people want her to introduce the agent she use for her package and she is not ready to take that risk incase something happen some guys will be on Nairaland within a minute to tell us how they were scam, Like she said the process is you need to find someone trustworthy to help you with the package. If you are interest in Vietnam do your own research.

10 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
Na so jare but WhyNa na beautiful woman sha. grin grin grin

SpeciallyUnique:

You see, those who are complaining here are the unserious ones. If you are serious errrhhh... I mean if you are really, really serious about traveling outta the country you will not be asking @WhyNa to be spoon feeding you with all the info. You’ll do some deep digging after you’ve been given the lead.

Whatever @WhyNa has posted here is more than enough for anybody who is bent on living out of the country with or without any assistance!!! You can’t compel him to give any further info.

AFTER ALL HE DIDN’T GET THE HELP HE HAS PROVIDED HERE BUT HE WAS STILL ABLE TO MAKE IT OUT OF THE COUNTY!!!

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2020
gentlemate00:

SpeciallyUnique:

AFTER ALL HE DIDN’T GET THE HELP HE HAS PROVIDED HERE BUT HE WAS STILL ABLE TO MAKE IT OUT OF THE COUNTY!!!

gentlemate00:

Thanks.

I wonder why this was difficult for some to understand.

1) Nairaland doesn't support the use of agents. Majority of the comments hidden on this thread were people who asked for agent's number or dropped their email address.

2) I can't even give out the agent's number cos if it backfires, y'all would come back here and call me a scammer.. I tried my best to give step by step info on how to come to Vietnam, yet, look how it turned out. What do you think would happen if the agent fails?

Understand that even though I found someone and was lucky, it was a giant leap of faith as I never saw this agent or knew him from Adam.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2020
I visited Ho Chi Minh city and Danang in 2018 with wife and kid, its cool city Saigon mall is cool too. Hope to see you in Hanoi after oga corona don settle. grin relax you have done your best.

WhyNa:

Thanks.

I wonder why this was difficult for some to understand.

1) Nairaland doesn't support the use of agents. Majority of the comments hidden on this thread were people who asked for agent's number or dropped their email address.

2) I can't even give out the agent's number cos if it backfires, y'all would come back here and call me a scammer.. I tried my best to give step by step info on how to come to Vietnam, yet, look how it turned out. What do you think would happen if the agent fails?

Understand that even though I found someone and was lucky, it was a giant leap of faith as I never saw this agent or knew him from Adam.

8 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2020
gentlemate00:
I visited Ho Chi Minh city and Danang in 2018 with wife and kid, its cool city Saigon mall is cool too. Hope to see you in Hanoi after oga corona don settle. grin relax you have done your best.

Sure thing bro. Please holla when you're here
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2020
Alright iya mi...Whyna i beg you lady or Man grin i dey confused niii oooo

You never answer oo

WhyNa:

Sure thing bro. Please holla when you're here
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ebubeagu1: 10:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
gentlemate00:

Okay if that is the case which i have always suspected to be the cause of all this backlash, then they should send her a pm as regard to that, while bearing in mind that WhyNa will not be held responsible for any loss of fund should incase anyone get swindled. Only saying though.. WhyNa should know better.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ebubeagu1: 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2020
SpeciallyUnique:

Case closed!

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 6:43am On Apr 29, 2020
The information here is enough for anyone to do more research on your own and do not forget the NL never promote Agent. WhyNa take that risk without inform anyone on NL about any agent i suggest you too should do your own research, we should not complicate issue more. I greet you

Ebubeagu1:

Okay if that is the case which i have always suspected to be the cause of all this backlash, then they should send her a pm as regard to that, while bearing in mind that WhyNa will not be held responsible for any loss of fund should incase anyone get swindled. Only saying though.. WhyNa should know better.

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by pasuma(m): 7:34am On Apr 29, 2020
You didn't mention how you went about the TEFL
WhyNa:
When I found a genuine agent and decided to start the process, I had just 14k in my account. Lol. I had ajo I was supposed to collect and also a kolo but all put together wouldn't even have been enough. I just told God to surprise me....and HE DID!

The very first thing I got was a police character report from Alagbon. Then I proceeded to get my medical and TEFL certificate.

With this 3 documents and my degree, I left for Abuja for authentication.

First stop was Ministry of Education and boy! a suprise was waiting for me there

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:05am On Apr 29, 2020
pasuma:
You didn't mention how you went about the TEFL

There are lots of sites that offer TEFL. or TESOL. You just gotta choose the one you feel is best I think. Fees differ too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by pasuma(m): 9:09am On Apr 29, 2020
No, the info is not enough.. she skipped the aspect of TEFL.. I'm sure alot of the people asking questions wouldn't if she actually came forth with how she went about it...
gentlemate00:
The information here is enough for anyone to do more research on your own and do not forget the NL never promote Agent. WhyNa take that risk without inform anyone on NL about any agent i suggest you too should do your own research, we should not complicate issue more. I greet you

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by pasuma(m): 9:14am On Apr 29, 2020
Ok. Thank you.. I have to say this, I personally love the thread, showing with resilience and determination one can achieve alot... I've been to many countries in Europe, been in Israel, I'm not asking the question for myself, I will like you to assist as much as you can the people here... The country is not really working for a lot of people right now, just understand it when people are inquisitive.. just assist the best way you can.. thank you..
WhyNa:

There are lots of sites that offer TEFL. or TESOL. You just gotta choose the one you feel is best I think. Fees differ too

15 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ebubeagu1: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2020
gentlemate00:

Alright, noted sir..

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
That should not be issue for her to address others will benefit from input the TEFL

pasuma:
No, the info is not enough.. she skipped the aspect of TEFL.. I'm sure alot of the people asking questions wouldn't if she actually came forth with how she went about it...

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by James4bright(m): 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2020
It's really annoying seeing how the OP is being tackled for not being able to answer all questions, she has actually done the little she can do and I appreciate highly, and she owes no one nothing here, so why get angry exactly?

I believe anything you desire in life, you would always find a brilliant way to go about it, stop waiting to be spoon fed by anyone, and then get angry when they don't, they don't owe you shit.

What if she didn't create this thread to inspire a lot of nairalanders concerning migrating to Vietnam? Learn to appreciate the little people can offer to you. Damn.

30 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by jizzyjordan: 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
op I love your thread just keep updating with pictures nice one

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 06, 2020
WhyNa:

. Good day, nice thread . I have sent you a dm, please kindly reply
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 2:53pm On May 09, 2020
What is the latest news regarding lock-down in Vietnam?

WhyNa:

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SpeciallyUnique(m): 7:12pm On May 13, 2020
I would like to know if the vietnam embassy in Nigeria is opened or closed due to the lockdown.

Kindly help me if you have any info.

Thanks in advance!!
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by kevwemanuel: 10:34am On May 14, 2020
Hello whyna, thanks alot for the eye opener. Please I need you to throw more light on some things, some of which you might have mentioned in passing, but were not clear enough to me.

1) Did you get a job from Nigeria before your arrival in vietnam? If yes, was this done by the agent you used? Please throw more light on how you got the job.

2) I know you mentioned that you had to send your documents to the agent to (possibly) process your visa, if I am right, what else did the agent do for you?

3) How much did the agent charge you?

4) You mentioned that your first point of call for authentification of documents was Ministry of Education, did you eventually authenticate the documents there or you went to another ministry? Please state the ministry if so.

5) What is the average pay like for teachers?

6)Please I need you to itemize all your costs during the process up until your arrival e.g.
TEFL?
Police report?
Medical tests?
Authentication?
Notarization?
Visa fee?
Agent fee?
Flight ticket?
Accommodation cost in vietnam?
Any other cost I forgot to mention?

Total cost?

God bless you as you go out of your way to answer my plenty plenty questions.

N.B: To all the e-warriors, abeg I am not feeling fine and don't have power for insults�. I just want great clarity in this process to aid a rational decision process.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Gentlerespect76: 8:46am On May 16, 2020
kevwemanuel:
Hello whyna, thanks alot for the eye opener. Please I need you to throw more light on some things, some of which you might have mentioned in passing, but were not clear enough to me.

1) Did you get a job from Nigeria before your arrival in vietnam? If yes, was this done by the agent you used? Please throw more light on how you got the job.

2) I know you mentioned that you had to send your documents to the agent to (possibly) process your visa, if I am right, what else did the agent do for you?

4) You mentioned that your first point of call for authentification of documents was Ministry of Education, did you eventually authenticate the documents there or you went to another ministry? Please state the ministry if so.

6)Please I need you to itemize all your costs during the process up until your arrival e.g.
TEFL?
Police report?
Medical tests?
Authentication?
Notarization?
Visa fee?
Agent fee?
Flight ticket?

Total cost?

N.B: To all the e-warriors, abeg I am not feeling fine and don't have power for insults�. I just want great clarity in this process to aid a rational decision process.

From my little research so far, I am coming to the realization that the easiest way is to contact a language school in Vietnam for the one month intensive TEFL/TESOL certification. Some of the schools provide guaranteed employment after your graduation.

In effect, one does not need to run the program here in Nigeria but in Vietnam. Now my question to @Whyna, please how can I contact you for more specifics considering that there are so many fraud landmines online and even in Vietnam? Please you only need to guide one and have boundaries that you are bound to protect because I know how human beings behave. Please, help out. Expecting to hear from you as soon as your convenience allows!

We are praying for you to succeed!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 12:35pm On May 16, 2020
kevwemanuel:

TEFL?
Police report?
Medical tests?
Authentication?
Notarization?
Visa fee?
Agent fee?
Flight ticket?

Total cost?

I have already answered these questiions before in details/

1. Yes I did. No it wasn't. I didn't take the job sha. Glad I didn't

2. Hmm. This question is somehow. The agent does whatever you discuss and agree with him. From visa alone to visa and work permit, to visa, work permit and job and even certificates (shey you jasi?)

3. See 2 above

4. Lol. Why else would I go there. It happened as stated

5. It depends on you. If you work full time or part time and if you work in a school or a center or both. The least you can be offered is $800 with accomodation and it's mostly in a somewhat rural area. That was the kind of job I was offered. It was full time to and thankfully, I didn't take it. You should expect to make from $1000-2000 but remember, it depends on you.

6. I'm sure if you read through the thread, you would see some of the costs stated there. I have started forgetting some. A good estimate is 2M and no you won't use it all up. I stated this before too

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 12:41pm On May 16, 2020
Gentlerespect76:

From my little research so far, I am coming to the realization that the easiest way is to contact a language school in Vietnam for the one month intensive TEFL/TESOL certification. Some of the schools provide guaranteed employment after your graduation.

In effect, one does not need to run the program here in Nigeria but in Vietnam. Now my question to @Whyna, please how can I contact you for more specifics considering that there are so many fraud landmines online and even in Vietnam? Please you only need to guide one and have boundaries that you are bound to protect because I know how human beings behave. Please, help out. Expecting to hear from you as soon as your convenience allows!

We are praying for you to succeed!

Yes contacting a language school is another way. Don't know much about it but the one I cntacted then when I was in Nigeria doesn't help with visa. I think there is another one that includes visa cost, accomodation and feeding but it's damn expensive. I honestly don't know if they accept Nigerians and the possibility of the job placement. Understand that it can be a market strategy cos once you're here, you get a job anyway with or without them especially if you're white. Get the drift?

You can type your questions here or mail me and I'll get to it once I'm free

Edit: The easiest way to come here is to get a relaible agent. It's cheaper than the language school if they accept you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 12:48pm On May 16, 2020
gentlemate00:
What is the latest news regarding lock-down in Vietnam?

Lockdown was lifted this month. Everything is back to normal including school. I've been mega busy cos I teach at a couple of places and retained both my online and one on classes. In the long run though, I might have to let them go starting with the least paying as I get better gigs to replace them. The trick is to know how to schedule them so they don't clash.

Traffic here can be crazy but not as crazy as back home. What they have here is go-slow and it's only during rush hours.

Again, I'll advice anyone who plans on coming here to learn to ride a bike before or once you come here. It really saved me otherewise, how would I have managed being at different schools and centers in a day using Grab/Uber.

7 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 1:13pm On May 16, 2020
Random advice and input.....

In additiion to what I already metioned in previous pages...

1. Use your airline kg well. Bring your essentials....

2. Compared to the income a month, you can survive on 40,000 naira a month or 60,000 if you drink and party. If you pay for accomodation, budget an extra 80,000 for something decent. By month end, you'll have much more than enough savings. Nothing less than $600

3. Vietnam is a tourist country. I haven't visited some places yet but you can go on vacations within Vietnam and have a swell time with beautiful memories

4. When you become friends with a Vietnamese family, you automatically become a family friend. They would randomly give you stuff to take home on each visit and almost always invite you over for lunch or dinner

5. Lunch is by 11am here. Lol

6. The school and teaching system is waaaayy different here. While we start with alphabets and then proceed to 2 letter words, the 3 and all that, They jump that. So it's common to see students who can read and write but can't speak and understand. It's even more amazing when you find an 8 year old who can read out words like computer, purple, rainbow but can't read simple words like The, If, Girl.......Cramming at work is my best guess. Those big words are learnt first mostly under vocabulary and pronouciation.

7. When you sign contracts here, accomodation or so, try to sign for 3 months irst. I'll be moving to new apartment. Cheaper and better.

8. Don't attempt to cook rice with pot here. It will burn and be undercooked. If your apartment doesn't have a rice cooker, it should be in your list of first things to buy

I'm still learning everyday and seeing things. Lol. If you want to teach here, also be ready to play games, be lively and fun and be a clown if you work with children

41 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.