Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

My Little Give Away - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Little Give Away (2693 Views)

My Little Sister's Wedding Pictures / Spending On Girls: My Little Advice To Guys / Is My Little Bro Fucking My Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 15, 2020
Pronunciation of the hard and soft 'th'

I'm sure most of us are already familiar with sound of vis pronunciation.

The two types of 'th' known as the voiced and voiceless 'th' usually sound like v and fff

fff
Thank fank
Thief fif
Thirsty. Foasti (remember the 'ir' spelling that sounds 'oa')

Thursday. Foazdi
Three. Free
Through. Fruuu
Thick. Fik

Then the voiced 'th'

That. Vat
Them. Vem
The. Vur. Now>>> 'The'. will sound vur, if its followed by a word that begins with a consonant eg "vur man"
While 'The' will sound>>> veee, if the word that follows begins with a vowel as in. 'Veee Ancient of days".
Hope this is clear enough.

Orvur Woads wiv 'th' too can be easily dicodid wiv vee urbahv igzampl. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 15, 2020
Froshloaded:
grin grin
GH people will be like
Its ya brather grin grin

Ashirawealthy nice one

Hahahaaa...you're not serious guy.

They say bradeh
Re: My Little Give Away by MedicH: 11:23am On Feb 15, 2020
Bwahahahahahah

This is ridiculous
Re: My Little Give Away by MedicH: 11:25am On Feb 15, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Sorry to disappoint you but the Ghanaians diction is not same as the British diction. What I have up there is pure British pronunciation.
Ghanaians will pronounce Nurse >>>> as >>>ness. While the British pronunciation is Nose.

Ghanaians pronounce 'her'. as >> hair
British. >>> hoe

Ghanaians pronounce 'burn' as 'ben'. While British say 'bone'.

So Ghanaians also murder the English words.

Heyyyyy

So British pronounce her as hoe

Lol

Teacher don't teach me nonsense.

Pls go and arm youself with oxford advanced learners dictionary latest edition before u come and write rubbish
Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 15, 2020
MedicH:

Heyyyyy

So British pronounce her as hoe

Lol

Teacher don't teach me nonsense.

Pls go and arm youself with oxford advanced learners dictionary latest edition before u come and write rubbish

I see you just jumt out of nowhere to constitute your usual nuisance.
Go and read the iksplaneishn I gave urbahv before coming here to confuse your already confused self.

Hoe sounds similar to British 'her' / h3:/ reason i used it so a lay man can understand as theres no audio here to give out the articulation orally. If you can sound 'hoe' its sounds similar to 'Her' British pronunciation.

Piss out!
Re: My Little Give Away by MedicH: 11:50am On Feb 15, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

I see you just jumt out of nowhere to constitute your usual nuisance.
Go and read the iksplaneishn I gave urbahv before coming here to confuse your already confused self.

Hoe sounds similar to British 'her' / h3:/ reason i used it so a lay man can understand as theres no audio here to give out the articulation orally. If you can sound 'hoe' its sounds similar to 'Her' British pronunciation.

Piss out!

Okay i don't know if you've ever attended a formal school so i won't argue. You win
Re: My Little Give Away by uboma(m): 2:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Sorry to disappoint you but the Ghanaians diction is not same as the British diction. What I have up there is pure British pronunciation.
Ghanaians will pronounce Nurse >>>> as >>>ness. While the British pronunciation is Nose.

British. >>> hoe

You are on point.

The Kenyans are also poor at the use of the English language but they claim to know it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
uboma:

You are on point.

The Kenyans are also poor at the use of the English language but they claim to know it all.

Everyones just claiming but we Nigerians are open to learning. Though its kinda difficult especially if you don't have the passion. But its a lot easy for me cos I grew up watching British movies as a young child. So when I went for the course, I came out with distinction.
I enjoy teaching it a lot. Especially the transcription part. A lot of people are still finding it difficult to transcribe very well; I mean phonetics instructors. And that is the main thing as that is what guides your pronunciation/diction.
Re: My Little Give Away by uboma(m): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Everyones just claiming but we Nigerians are open to learning. Though its kinda difficult especially if you don't have the passion. But its a lot easy for me cos I grew up watching British movies as a young child. So when I went for the course, I came out with distinction.
I enjoy teaching it a lot. Especially the transcription part. A lot are still finding it difficult to transcribe very well; I mean phonetics instructors. And that is the main thing as that is what's guides your pronunciation/diction.

I agree with you that it is difficult to learn the English language from the native speakers.

Good thing that you are a pro in phonetics.

1 Like

Re: My Little Give Away by Petyprincess(f): 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
Wow!!! This is insightful!!
Finally i learnt something reasonable on romance section (home of trolls).

1 Like

Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
Petyprincess:
Wow!!! This is insightful!!
Finally i learnt something reasonable on romance section (home of trolls).

Glad you did. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2020
was expecting a gift not this.
Re: My Little Give Away by MumuCountry: 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
And you think nigerian pronunciation is better? grin grin abeg, I no wan laugh grin

AshiraWealthy:

British. >>> hoe

Re: My Little Give Away by ecstasy357(m): 6:15pm On Feb 15, 2020
AshiraWealthy:
Yeah guys. Its all about your Diction!!!
I want to help with a few correction of some common african mispronunciation of the English words as my little val give away. especially for those who feel the need to Polish their diction.

I know this is not education section but hey...Ive decided to drop this here cos this place seems to have a larger number of views compared to others.

I'll try to be make this very easy and straight forward for all by using some conventional and nonconventional words to suggest the articulation/sound of certain words eg using 'woe' to suggest the pronunciation of words like worship where it will be articulated as 'woeship'
work,> woke

Let go!!!!

Word family with these spellings ('ir' 'ur' 'wor', 'er' ear' ) are articulated with the sound of 'oa' ( not the real IPA, just to make it easy for the lay man)

Words. >. To sound as
Church. Choach
Bird. .boad
Her. Hoa
Dirt. Doat
Word. Woad
Firm. Foam
Earth. Oath
Germs. Joams
Assert. ursoat
Heard. Hoad
Turn tone

Articulate this sound in the above word family.

Word family with these spellings 'u' 'o' 'oo' 'oe' will sound similar to 'Ah'
As in

Run. Rahn. ( I'm trying not to use 'ran')
Fun. Fahn
Mother. Mahvur
Brother. Brahvur
Does dahz
Blood. Blahd
Flood. Flahd
Come. Kahm
Sun. Sahn
Son. Sahn
Stuck. Stahk
Knowledge. Nahlij
Country. Kahntri
Above. Urbahv
Dove. Dahv
Love. lahv

We shall be udating this liat from time to time.
Please note this are not the IPAs but words that suggest the sounds of these words for easy understanding as the IPAs requires some intense studying and learning.
Enjoy.

To be continued.

Froshloaded

I see what ya trying to do but I dont understand the exact message ya trying to pass.

1 Like

Re: My Little Give Away by Dbeautyy(m): 7:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
Good job you did up there. I still remember a few of those stuffs I was taught then, but now madam n.a money be koko. Good job once again, I perceive you love to teach. Will you be my diction teacher?
Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dbeautyy:
Good job you did up there. I still remember a few of those stuffs I was taught then, but now madam n.a money be koko. Good job once again, I perceive you love to teach. Will you be my diction teacher?

Thanks.

Yeah sure I'd like to be your diction teacher as long as the pay is right wink
Re: My Little Give Away by Froshloaded: 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
grin grin
AshiraWealthy:

Thanks.

Gbogbo ti nyin ni owo grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
Froshloaded:
grin grin
GH people will be like
Its ya brather grin grin

Ashirawealthy nice one

Froshloaded....are you the new guy? I'm suspecting you...
Yell me the truth. Just do a sign.

1 Like

Re: My Little Give Away by Froshloaded: 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ashirawealthy nah
Re: My Little Give Away by bdchange(m): 8:31pm On Feb 15, 2020
grin grin grin grin I had to laugh very hard while reading your post. Nairalanders are full of comedians seriously. They attack anything that will disturb their brain such as this grin grin grin..you made my evening wonderful.. I wished you could have seen the way I was laughing typing this now. But on a serious note, you don't have to reply every negative comments. Just pass ur message and move on.
Re: My Little Give Away by Dbeautyy(m): 8:43pm On Feb 15, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Thanks.

As a boy, I grew up hearing from the elders that the rewards of teachers is in heaven. Don't know if you've ever heard that too. More So, you will be teaching some of my a book guys from the north as well. I hope you can cope with that? Finally from my own side, you will have to promise me that my front teeth will be intact after you are done.
Re: My Little Give Away by Dbeautyy(m): 8:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
Froshloaded:
grin grin
Gbogbo ti nyin ni owo grin grin

Omo Iya, obinrin ati owo, bi buredi ati boota nio.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Little Give Away by Froshloaded: 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
grin
Dbeautyy:

Omo Iya, obinrin ati owo, bi buredi ati boota nio.
Olorun,
Nkan ti awon omo oni Benz yen shay ma lo won ni yen
Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dbeautyy:

As a boy, I grew up hearing from the elders that the rewards of teachers is in heaven. Don't know if you've ever heard that too. More So, you will be teaching some of my a book guys from the north as well. I hope you can cope with that? Finally from my own side, you will have to promise me that my front teeth will be intact after you are done.

Lol ...very funny. Of course they'll still be intact.
As for the reward, the teaching will have to commence in heaven then.

1 Like

Re: My Little Give Away by Dbeautyy(m): 9:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Lol ...very funny. Of course they'll still be intact.
As for the reward, the teaching will have to commence in heaven then.

Ah! That's not fair. You build you treasures in heaven when termites cannot reach, but the work will be done here on earth . What about the abokis from the north, will you be comfortable with them as well considering Fish =Phish ?
Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dbeautyy:

Ah! That's not fair. You build you treasures in heaven when termites cannot reach, but the work will be done here on earth . What about the abokis from the north, will you be comfortable with them as well considering Fish =Phish ?

grin

Yes I can take them.
Re: My Little Give Away by Dbeautyy(m): 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

grin

Yes I can take them.
No qulams, I have like 50 of them for you.
Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dbeautyy:

No qulams, I have like 50 of them for you.

Let me know when you're ready.

1 Like

Re: My Little Give Away by Dbeautyy(m): 1:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Let me know when you're ready.

Ok ma'm.
Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 19, 2020
So still on the correction of some common African mispronunciation, I'll be giving out the difference between, Nigerian, Ghanaian and British pronunciations.

Words. NIGERIAN. GHANAIAN. BRITISH
Her. Ha. Hair. Hoe
Serve. Sav. Sev. Soav
Sir. Sa. Seh. So
Girl. Gel. Gel. Goal
Burn. Born. Ben. Bone
Curse. Cos. Kes. Coas
Church church. Chech. Choach
First. Fost. Fest. Toast
Virgin. Vejin. Vejin. Voajin
Journey. Johnny. Jenny. Joeni
Birth. Bat. Bet. Boaf

More to come......

1 Like

Re: My Little Give Away by Dbeautyy(m): 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2020
Well done our teacher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Little Give Away by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 21, 2020
Dbeautyy:
Well done our teacher.

You're welcome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Difficulty In Getting Over My Ex Who Happens To Be My Colleague At Work. / BE SINCERE!! Can You Marry A Changed/repentant Prostitute (ashawo)? / The 6 Years Old "Pregnant" Girl Gets 1.3 Million Naira For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.