Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,137 members, 7,821,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (12633 Views)

We Will Write Your Resignation Letter, Nigerians Abroad Tell Saraki / BAKARE BOMBSHELL: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As VP Candidate / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by texazzpete(m): 5:41pm On Dec 15, 2010
sizzlers:

Erm! ah! remember! drug companies spent 10 mil on my  rebranding project. Ah! Ori mi o!  I DONT TRHINK SHE CAN SPEAK YORUBA, that Yoruba Line Spoils Everything., i think the letter is framed by YORUBAS

If you actually think Missy85's comment is Akunyili's actual speech, you need a brain transplant ASAP!
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by mustafar1: 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2010
sizzlers:

Erm! ah! remember! drug companies spent 10 mil on my rebranding project. Ah! Ori mi o! I DONT TRHINK SHE CAN SPEAK YORUBA, that Yoruba Line Spoils Everything., i think the letter is framed by YORUBAS

meaning you didnt read the thread from the begining
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by hackney(m): 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2010
That Dora is turning into another maradona.
she needs to be watched.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by turboman(m): 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2010
It takes time for a new pot to become as black as its predecessor. I'm seeing this one happen live, its now getting to the final episodes. Sit back and enjoy the show  cool
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by homerac7: 5:45pm On Dec 15, 2010
When d ship starts to sink, its d rats dt jump first.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2010
homerac7:

[size=13pt]When d ship starts to sink, its d rats dt jump first.[/size]

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by sizzlers(m): 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2010
texazzpete:

If you actually think Missy85's comment is Akunyili's actual speech, you need a brain transplant ASAP!

SORRY OOO! NO KILL ME, STATEMENT WITHDREW, I HAVE JUST READ DOWN FROM THE BEGINNING. i guess i dont need a transplant anymore grin grin grin wink
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by JUO(m): 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2010
good luck
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by sizzlers(m): 6:03pm On Dec 15, 2010
JUO:

good luck
FOR,
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 15, 2010
Dora is not perfect! Dora is human!

Yet, among all her contemporaries, she did show courage and dedication.
She might not be the greatest and the best of character ever to live on the earth, but on the scale of dedication and courage, she is outstanding.
Great she is going to the senate.
We are sure she will do Anambra State great.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by sizzlers(m): 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2010
noblezone:

Dora is not perfect! Dora is human!

Yet, among all her contemporaries, she did show courage and dedication.
She might not be the greatest and the best of character ever to live on the earth, but on the scale of dedication and courage, she is outstanding.
Great she is going to the senate.
We are sure she will do Anambra State great.

Like kiss cheesy wink
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by flash22(m): 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
the question Madame Minister, did u have to change parties to contest for an election? that means u do not believe in the ideologies of the party that made you what you are today. u are smart, very smart. but i wish i fail, u have dented the confidence Good Nigerians have on you. Whether u win or not, the image u have left with Nigerians is that of a conniving, ambitious woman that can do anything to get what she wants,
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2010
that purported letter looks fake ---- just my view
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by holydante(m): 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2010
I cringed a bit as I was reading the "purported letter" it smacks of cheap attempt @ popularity and favour-currying.

Given her no nonsense image in her hey days in Nafdac, I would have loved to see a more stern and ideological write up, but be that as it may She must have some good advisers, by choosing APGA, she is sure of being called honourable come next year and if GEJ clinches the presidency with Sambo, and Bankole returns, Madam may and will become Senate President one day.

She's still the best among equals.

Ada di Ora mma. I wish her goodluck.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by bushman1Sa(m): 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2010
Akinyuli d king of all Oleeeeeeeeeee, Theif, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Boboribo: 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
You've been really drinking the Akunyili kool-Aid, haven't you?

While you're at it, why not also praise Akunyili for stopping global warming  

Regardless of what you think of her, I am sure sure you will agree that its not easy in these days of sycophancy and a.s.s leaking for any body to look the the president in the face and "say I am leaving your party to the opposition" especially now that GEJ  needs everybody on board and on the same page.

That is were my amasement stops. It needs not be stretched further.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2010
why did u complete ur mission as information minister? wish u well though.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2010
Boboribo:

Regardless of what you think of her, I am sure sure you will agree that its not easy[b] in these days of sycophancy and a.s.s leaking for any body to look the the president in the face and "say I am leaving your party to the opposition" especially now that GEJ  needs everybody on board and on the same page[/b].

That is were my amasement stops.  It needs not be stretched further.

That is a lie! She is not the first to leave and certainly not the last. Just because, yet again, she has chosen to PUBLICIZE her leaving in this manner does not, I repeat, does not make her any hero or different from the others who silently walked out. Please DO SOME RESEARCH FOR YOUR OWN SAKE!
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Boboribo: 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2010
from babasoty on: Today at 06:12:06 PM »
that purported letter looks fake ---- just my view

We shall soon see.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Boboribo: 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2010
That is a lie! She is not the first to leave and certainly not the last. Just because, yet again, she has chosen to PUBLICIZE her leaving in this manner does not, I repeat, does not make her any hero or different from the others who silently walked out. Please DO SOME RESEARCH FOR YOUR OWN SAKE!

@ kobo - easy. I guess you dont fancy her generally. I am simply referring to the times we are currently in (campaigns and all) Help me out with the research. How long has GEJ been in power? How many Ministers have resigned under his watch. Its not a matter of Dora being a hero. I am just surprised that she could do it now. Believe me there are many Ministers and Special Advisers who would wish to toe the same line but out of greed or fear cant bring themselves to do it NOW.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Boboribo: 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2010
@kobo - please restrict yourself to this GEJ era.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by texazzpete(m): 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2010
Boboribo:

@ kobo - easy.  I guess you dont fancy her generally.  I am simply referring to the times we are currently in (campaigns and all)  Help me out with the research.  How long has GEJ been in power?  How many Ministers have resigned under his watch.  Its not a matter of Dora being a hero.  I am just surprised that she could do it now.  Believe me there are many Ministers and Special Advisers who would wish to toe the same line but out of greed or fear cant bring themselves to do it NOW.

And she isn't contesting for the Senate out of greed?
You people never cease to amaze me. Your excuse for her incompetence as an Information Minister was that she was a 'square peg in a round hole'. Is it now in the Senate where she will just be one voice in a gathering of thieves that she will be a 'round peg in a round hole'?

I'm shocked you're 'surprised' that she resigned now. It appears you're not aware that the elections are set for mid next year. if not now, when would you have her pick the nomination form? next year march? If anything, she left it too long sef, there are people in APGA that have put in more sweat and energy for the same position she's vying for.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by jaybee(f): 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2010
This is a poster from Sahara Reporters. I think it is relevant

SMARTER AKUNYILI!WHEN HE SAW

Submitted by Akinloye OMISORE (not verified) on December 15, 2010 - 16:31.

SMARTER AKUNYILI!WHEN HE SAW THE END OF YARADUA'S GOVERNMENT IS COMING,HE WROTE A MEMO ASKING HER COLLEAGUES TO START THE PROCESS OF IMPEACHING HIM.NOW AS IT IS BECOMING MORE CLEARER ON DAILY BASIS THAT JONATHAN CAN NOT WIN EVEN HIS PARTIES PRIMARIES TALKLESS OF THE 2011 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS,DORA JUST ANNOUNCED HER RESIGNATION TO AVOID SUNKING IN THAT DROWNING SHIP OF JONATHAN.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by homerac7: 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2010
^^^ d former minister of state for finance, Remi Babalola resigned honourably.

@ all, I propose dt by next week she floats a Facebook campaign page, buys advert space on Nairaland and hires a Blogger for campaign manager on Nairaland. I may ) wrong bt Dts d new trend. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by homerac7: 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2010
IMO, I see her as a rat, a political prostitute and person of questionable loyalty- a fair weather friend. It's only about wt is in for her.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by texazzpete(m): 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2010
The page has vanished from SaharaReporters site. I hope this isn't another case of junk journalism at work?

EDIT: My bad, it's still there.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Boboribo: 6:52pm On Dec 15, 2010
And she isn't contesting for the Senate out of greed?
You people never cease to amaze me. Your excuse for her incompetence as an Information Minister was that she was a 'square peg in a round hole'. Is it now in the Senate where she will just be one voice in a gathering of thieves that she will be a 'round peg in a round hole'?

I'm shocked you're 'surprised' that she resigned now. It appears you're not aware that the elections are set for mid next year. if not now, when would you have her pick the nomination form? next year march? If anything, she left it too long sef, there are people in APGA that have put in more sweat and energy for the same position she's vying for.

I see I am up against people who hate her guts.  Can you have an Orubebe resigning now?  Do you know of any quarrel between GEJ and Akunyili?  Frankly, when it was rumoured that she'd be resigning this week, I dismissed it.  I am sure you also realise that in these climes it is difficult for people to quit.  I am not going to touch on her competence or otherwise as a Minister because you cant find that in my post.  You brought it up for a reason. You are just trying to drag me into a debate I am clearly not ready for.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by texazzpete(m): 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2010
Boboribo:

I see I am up against people who hate her guts.  Can you have an Orubebe resigning now?  Do you know of any quarrel between GEJ and Akunyili?  Frankly, when it was rumoured that she'd be resigning this week, I dismissed it.  I am sure you also realise that in these climes it is difficult for people to quit.  I am not going to touch on her competence or otherwise as a Minister because you cant find that in my post.  You brought it up for a reason. You are just trying to drag me into a debate I am clearly not ready for.

So you now accept you were wrong about her being the first to resign. Good. I hope you didn't spread this false statement elsewhere.

Orubebe would resign now if he was going to contest for a position elsewhere. Gusau resigned to pursue his own political interests, does that make him a hero too?
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by texazzpete(m): 6:57pm On Dec 15, 2010
Boboribo:

Apologies if i sound too belligerent. I've never bought into the hype around this woman.

Fair point, you didn't bring up the 'round peg in a square hole' argument. But many others on Nairaland have. In fact, they never stay far away from Akunyili topics, and they get pretty virulent too grin

I'll get called an Igbo Hater in a little while. Either that or i'll be accused of being Yoruba grin
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Boboribo: 6:58pm On Dec 15, 2010
^^^ d former minister of state for finance, Remi Babalola resigned honourably.

@ all, I propose dt by next week she floats a Facebook campaign page, buys advert space on Nairaland and hires a Blogger for campaign manager on Nairaland. I may ) wrong bt Dts d new trend.  

Did he announce we was leaving the PDP to join the opposition?  re you sure he was not forced out?  Were there no issue then of Babalola claiming NNPC was broke and the government strenuously denying that fact.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by marvix(m): 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2010
This is how to play smart politics. It is not in doubt that APGA has a stronghold in Anambra and it would be just impossible to beat APGA with a party that is not united in Anambra.

For those of you criticising her and trying to ridicule her, it is just because you dont understand politics, in politics there is nothing personal, no permanent friends or foes only permanent interests.

Doras interest is a senatorial seat. APGAs interest is a credible candidate to support, dont forget that a PDP member is currently representing that district, Goodlucks interest is credible people in the senate he can work with in 2011.

By this move Dora has shown that she is smarter than Ribadu, Lets not get carried away, if Dora was nominated by any of the Northern presidential aspirants as VP that team should have a good chance, take a Buhari asking Dora to be vice, that team is a tough team to beat, but Dora did not consider those options but opted for the senate, she could instead lend her voice to zoning and lobby to be vice to Atiku, but that is going to be a lost battle, Ribadu should take a cue, go for the senate allow the PDP to fight itself and naturally become weaker by 2015, the presidency will be taken for the asking.

Who says we cant have a Ribadu/Dora combination in 2015 to dislodge the incumbent of Jonathan/Sambo by that time Atiku,IBB,Gusau,Saraki,Buhari and all the old legs with suffocating influence would have lost relevance even Obj should no longer be around to disturb, that is when the real democratic experience would begin.

Madam Dora I wish you Goodluck and I and a lot of forward thinking Nigerians are waiting for you at the hallowed chambers.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
Boboribo:

@ kobo - easy.  I guess you dont fancy her generally.  I am simply referring to the times we are currently in (campaigns and all)  Help me out with the research.  How long has GEJ been in power?  How many Ministers have resigned under his watch.  Its not a matter of Dora being a hero.  I am just surprised that she could do it now.  Believe me there are many Ministers and Special Advisers who would wish to toe the same line but out of greed or fear cant bring themselves to do it NOW.

I don't fancy anyone in Government as I do not know them from a can of paint. I simply know and busy myself with their records and that I believe is all that should matter, even to your person.  So, please stick to making your points and basing them on facts, not crap arguments.

She is not the first person to leave PDP offce, even under GEJ. Check your record. If you now want to limit the list to ministers, then I ask what exactly you are getting at. She is resigning so she can run for the senate office. That is the way it usually works. Is it that we would rather have our officials spend OUR time, time we hire them to do work for us, campaigning for their own personal gain(which remains the case unfortunately).

You are surprised she could do it now, why? You mean you want her to wait till a day before the senate elections in April of next year to do it? Or you rather she campaigns while she is holding on to the seat of minister of information, essentially putting the whole agency in a coma till she either wins or looses the senate election next year, before deciding whether to leave or not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019: Don’t Seek Re-election, Sowore Tells Buhari / Sanusi For President In 2015? / Police & 5-man Judicial Commission Meet Ooni Of Ife Over Yoruba/Hausa Clash(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.