Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (12624 Views)

We Will Write Your Resignation Letter, Nigerians Abroad Tell Saraki / BAKARE BOMBSHELL: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As VP Candidate / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by crackhouse(m): 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2010
tundeadex:

PROPERTIES AND LAND FOR SALE IN ABUJA
PROPERTY
Yah Wahab Millenium Estate, 4 Bedroom Flat (C of O), Phase 1, Wuye District, Abuja = N30m

LAND
Apo Extension, 1 Plot = N1.5m,
Lugbe Layout, 1 Plot= N 500,000
Etc

Call Ezra/Tunde now on 07026419809, 08098129806

Please only serious buyers need call

thank you

does this forum looks like an advertising forum?. i will block ur network line very soon. shocked
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by crackhouse(m): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2010
sly-k:

I see the hand writing on the wall!
She is gunning for the post of Governor in Anambra state.

Watch her moves closely.

Power is sweet.

na her family members she go rule.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2010
The woman has oce again disgraced herself! SMH
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by lekanbar(m): 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2010
When are we going to have people that will just serve the country, leave a legacy and go? SMH!!

http://lekanbaruwa.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Mkpotu(m): 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2010
@Lekanbar, going by your question,

It was still in this forum that we argued when Obasanjo said they offered Dr. Alex Ekwueme the position of Senate Presidency in 1999 or 2003 but Ekwueme declined the offer as he rather opted to be an elder statesman, but people some morons here were criticizing Ekwueme for declining the offer and that today he is no where.

So my answer to your question is that once somebody believes he/she is capable of doing something and the environment permits that without infringing on another's right, then carry on.

So Dora is good to go. Age is on her side, no skeleton in his cupboard and she has no baby at home to breast feed, so what makes you think she has go and rest?
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by bolafex(f): 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2010
I sincerely hope she knows there is a marked difference between a political appointment and an elective post.But wait a minute,after her drama with former justice minister Aondooakaa or what"s his name,i think she is learning the ropes;I only hope she will re enact the Nafdac feat in her next political experiment because in my opinion,her tenure as info minister was not so fantastic.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by lastpage: 12:40am On Dec 18, 2010
@banom "I am a native of Anambra state, ( Enugu ukwu to be precise ) and i love this country too much just like you and every one else, but some thing just occurred to me this evening after going through some post on nairaland, i have found out that this country may not exist long enough if we continue in the way and manner we do things,

I am so passionate about this country and i hope to become the president of this country in the near future, and i wish to deliver a robust and result oriented exemplary leadership, but believe me, after seeing the way we Nigerians love to rubbish and pull good people down , how pensioners are been treated, how we the common masses appreciate good service, i am beginning to feel and think otherwise about my vision for this country,

[b] Let me start by saying that the attitude of Yorubas in this country is quite sickening, disappointing, backward and silly, right from the days of Awolowo, yorubas have always shown this pathological hatred, ill will and envy for Igbos, there problem is insecurity, they know that they are naturally no match for Igbos and the only way to get back is through envy , betrayal, backstabbing [/b]and ill will, i personally blame zik for his inability to understand that on time and ojukwu for his In ability to successfully secede igbos from this useless entity called Nigeria,

prof Dora akunyili is by all standard the greatest woman this country ever produced, who else will fit into that crown if not one selfless woman who risked her life and that of her family in her days as NAFDAC boss, fighting and destroying hundreds of billion naira illegal drugs owned by her own people, who else if not one courageous woman who risked every thing and presented her memo during the days of the notorious cabals, Etc,

Today she has joined politics and some petty minded people ( mostly yorubas) are on this forum[b] trying to rubbish her and her legacies for no other reason other than
tribalism, envy, ill will and unspoken evil scheme by yorubas to rubbish any thing Igbo from national lime light[/b], if she is from Oyo or Ogun state , by now most of this same people will be here praising her.

if you think i am just high or drunk this night by writing this, go through all the post made about Dora akunyili, and you will see that all most all her critiques are yorubas, there problem with her is what one cant explain, they have no rational case against her, just envy and some silly emotional problem, they have not been able to point out one wrong thing she did , just silly talks,

Top on this childish and ridiculous scheme is the jobless girl called KOBOJUNKIE, she has spent all her time here trying to rubish Dora Akunyili, a woman who is far more accomplished than KOBOJUNKIE's entire family, she hides her real problem with Dora under the cover of national interest and patriotism, but this was the same kobojunkie who came here defending Pastor E.A Adeboye, a criminal who hides his criminality under the cover of a man of God, a man who deceives and exploits poor , desperate and gullible Nigerians,a man who used billions of naira he fleeced from poor and down trodden Nigerians to buy private jet, to a jobless girl like Kobojunkie, such a man is a good Nigerian and a woman like Dora akunyili who sacrificed so much for this country is bad,

you guys should growm up, this is 21st century , envy, ill will and hatred for a particular tribe is some thing best practiced during the days of awolowo, not in our time,

But any one who has a genuine case against her should please come here let us debate it.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-569051.0.html

Hey dude, slooooowwww down!
First, l admire your ambitions BUT you will agree with me that "A PRESIDENT" is a father of the whole nation and if you harbor these much hatred against YORUBA PEOPLE, how will you be a father to them, as the President of this nation? Do you feel disqualified already?

Again, l want to ask you: Do you, have you or dont you have one (just one) Yoruba person that you like?
The HUMBLE TRUTH is that you cannot judge/condemn a WHOLE RACE based on your interaction with just a few of them!
It is called "Racial Profiling" and has been proved wrong, over and over again, all over the world!
Remember those "Caucasians" who simply believe Africans are inferior humans just because they are darker in skin color? What do you think of such people? (I am sure you will say any white person that thinks you're inferior just because you're darker-skinned, is silly, stupid and ignorant! grin grin )

Thats how it goes my brother. By the way, l am Yoruba and l am christian! (does that make any difference sef?)
I have people l dislike among all the tribes in Nigeria (sure, we dont have to, and cant like everybody!), l have Hausa, Ibos, every other tribe and even Yorubas like myself that l dislike BUT on the other hand, l have thousands of other people of these same tribes that l like! wink wink

Will l be correct to say all Igbos are "these and that" simply because YOU (Yes, YOU) have castigated and insulted my own race? No, l will be very, very wrong, to put it mildly.
In essence my friend, dislike the person that offends you (if you wish) but make peace with as many as have done nothing wrong to you!
Keep an open mind about "everyone" until they prove you wrong.

If l tell you a story about how l was "cheated" at Oshodi market in the 1987, you will laugh tire.
Let me summarize it a bit:
It was close to Christmas and l have saved this small amount of money to buy me some special "wears" (in addition to the customary ones parents normally provide). So, l got to Oshodi and approached these Shop run by an Igbo man. I told him l want the best silk shirt he can get for me and he brought out a very fine Navy blue silk shirt. It was entrancing! He charged a very stiff price for it and l agreed to pay that price because l really loved the shirt and knew l will certainly catch an 'opeke' that Christmas grin
I asked him to measure me to ensure the shirt was my size. He said he was sure it was my size but l insisted he 'measure' and let me see! grin
What happened next was an experience that makes me "smile" even as l write now!
He measured from my body, from right shoulder, vertically downwards to my thighs (32"wink and he measured the shirt and he showed me that it was 32.5"!. L saw it with my own eyes!
I took my shirt home, very happy, it was Dec 24th!
On Christmas day, l donned my Shirt and the "bottom sims" ended just a little above my NAVEL! cry cry
Well, l am sure the sweat that broke from my brows was more than that of all the Christmas chickens (combined), that was slaughtered that morning! cry cry

To cut the long story short, l cried! For so many reasons!!
I went back to his Shop on Dec. 27th. He feigned ignorance and asked me if l did not measure it before paying! angry
He would not accept the shirt nor refund my money back to me.
After about three hours, (l refuse to leave the place!), another Shop-keeper close to him called me inside his shop and showed me "How l bought what became popularly known as MONKEY SHIRT in the market parlance!

The guy measured the shirt "from its right shoulder (diagonally!), to its left base/bottom and thus, even though he knew it was way below my length, it still showed 32.5" on the measuring tape!
Till today, l still "dislike" that guy for ruining my Christmas!
HE IS IGBO!
But l still have thousands of fine Igbo gentlemen as my best of friends, today!

Dont mind my digression. The moral of my story is that if you must dislike/hate, dont generalize it!

If you ask my Igbo friends, or make that your assertion about "Yorubas hating Igbos", they will simply laugh at you grin ;
What happened between Awolowo and Ojukwu was a sad event, a regrettable one at that. A bad chapter in our history. Something the "next generation" must not be poisoned with.

Even though he is highly respected not just by his own stock (for other things he did, like free education, free health, e.t.c) What he did (reneging on that agreement with Ojukwu) was morally wrong, completely wrong.
It could have been the other way round but believe me, AWOLOWO acted in his own "self interest"

Having said all these, l am one of the greatest fan of Dora. I wrote an article in 2006, on her and if you read that article, you will think l will take her from her husband grin Her work in NAFDAC alone will be a yardstick for generations to come! Though 'Politics' is not a very clean game, she has political ambitions and that may have colored her general disposition to certain things. One thing you cannot take away from those "blazing eyes" of hers is "boldness". I truly hope she is given the opportunity to show her worth again, in other areas that she fits squarely into (l think the "olofofo" Information Minister role was not a good era in her impeccable carrier.
Like you rightly said, She has proved herself beyond any doubt.
On the "balance of performance" in public office, she is exceptional.

I hope you will become PRESIDENT one day *********and re-read this piece!
Dont 'hate', we actually need each other if we are to achieve our destined positions.
Cheers.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Eziachi: 1:17am On Dec 18, 2010
omamokta:

I do not trust this woman, she looks every inch a fair weather politician. Remember according to Sen Kanti Bello, She used to cook for Yar adua before the man died. She started cooking for GEJ but left the food undone before moving to cook for Peter Obi, she must be an excellent cook. My advice to the professor, "In Politics, consistency matters alot, political prostitution is a character of a bad politican. Look at the likes of Zik, Aminu Kano, Awo etc. Even when NPP lost Anambra to NPN in 1983, in a very controversial circumstance, he remained in NPP, so with Aminu Kano with PRP". A word is enough for the wise.
You really don't need trust her for this two reasons:
1. She is neither you wife nor your mother.
2. You're neither from Anambra nor from her senatorial zone, hence she doesn't need your vote/trust
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Kobojunkie: 1:20am On Dec 18, 2010
Eziachi:

You really don't need trust her for this two reasons:
1. She is neither you wife or your mother.
2. You neither from Anambra or from her senate zone, hence she doesn't need your vote/trust

Grow up a bit mister . . . That poster said nothing of her being from Anambra, and neither did the @poster inform you that he/she is not from the said state. Why is it hard for you to separate your delusions from these things? What has Anambra to do with her appalling career in leadership in the last 2 years?
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Eziachi: 1:32am On Dec 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

You must be high on drugs.Losers always blame people for their problems even when the yorubas have always been the front-runner in keeping Nigeria in one piece.
What good has ibo brought to Nigeria if not crimes and fake productivity that you adore.go to lagos and other yoruba states even the north that you hypocrites despise,you guys still find a way to infiltrate your enemy zones like fleas and feed on them.
If the present union still stipulates that we live together,then ibo must learn to live in the union or withdraw from lagos,ogun,osun,ekiti,oyo and ondo states if they feel like yoruba is the cause of their problems.For almost 40 years,the same whining and cries like babies,when are you going to grow up,losers ?

Never mind what Ndigbo has brought to Nigeria they were killed/forced to become, what have you personally brought into your beloved country?
You want one Nigeria on one hand and on the other hand describing your so called nationals as your enemy and fleas? And what have you got that anyone will feed on?
If you hate the fleas don't court the fleas or fight them to remain with you.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Eziachi: 1:44am On Dec 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Grow up a bit mister . . . That poster said nothing of her being from Anambra, and neither did the @poster inform you that he/she is not from the said state. Why is it hard for you to separate your delusions from these things? What has Anambra to do with her appalling career in leadership in the last 2 years?
I can also vow that you are neither the poster nor the poster's self annoited spokesman or advocate.
Your self obsession with Mrs Akunyili is embarrassing. I do not speak nor can I speak for Mrs Akunyili, but if you think her career is terrible as you kept telling us on any thread that has Akunyili or Dora in it, lay out your own personal achievements all your life against her's in the last 2 years and let us compare them.

When a young woodpecker start calling a grown woodpecker a weakpecker, its time for him to chop down an Iroko tree himself.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by akwaowoudo(m): 1:53am On Dec 18, 2010
Thank you Dora! You have my prayers and support. You are truly a rare breed _a breed that would jointly help Nigeria complete her metamorphosis.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Kobojunkie: 1:59am On Dec 18, 2010
Eziachi:

I can also vow that you are neither the poster nor the poster's self annoited spokesman or advocate.
Your self obsession with Mrs Akunyili is embarrassing. I do not speak nor can I speak for Mrs Akunyili, but if you think her career is terrible as you kept telling us on any thread that has Akunyili or Dora in it, lay out your own personal achievements all your life against her's in the last 2 years and let us compare them.

When a  young woodpecker start calling a grown woodpecker a weakpecker, its time for him to chop down an Iroko tree himself.

Self obsession or none, FOCUS ON discussing THE TOPIC and only the topic from a rational angle, rather than injecting your ETHNIC DELUSION into the discussion any and everytime you post.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Eziachi: 2:11am On Dec 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Self obsession or none, FOCUS ON discussing THE TOPIC and only the topic from a rational angle, rather than injecting your ETHNIC DELUSION into the discussion any and everytime you post.

Ok then, lets FOCUS on THE TOPIC, which is- lay down your own personal life time achievements against Mrs Akunyili's last two years and let compare and contrast.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Kobojunkie: 2:16am On Dec 18, 2010
Eziachi:

Ok then, lets FOCUS on THE TOPIC, which is- lay down your own personal life time achievements against Mrs Akunyili's last two years and let compare and contrast.

umm . . . . Could you please explain what my own achievements have to do with that of  a PUBLIC SERVANT in this case? Just curious to know how you got the above to make sense to you when you posted it.

By the way, my resume speaks volumes for the past 8 years, only I am not paid with PUBLIC MONEY, but from private pockets.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Eziachi: 2:32am On Dec 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

umm . . . . Could you please explain what my own achievements have to do with that of  a PUBLIC SERVANT in this case? Just curious to know how you got the above to make sense to you when you posted it.

By the way, my resume speaks volumes for the past 8 years, only I am not paid with PUBLIC MONEY, but from private pockets.

If you kept saying someone is a FAILURE or the person's achievements are TERRIBLE and you had harped on it over along period of time, sound reasoning demand that you must have had achievemuch more better than this person to be so vehement in your passing of judgement.
You can't be that obsessed about someone's failure if you are not a high flier yourself. So its time to put up or shut up. Lay down your own achievement before start pouring cold water on others.
What is your biggest achievement in public or personal life other than being alive against the person you kept telling us is a failure and let us compare. And if your next post comes out without any but you're rather dancing around the topic you so wanted to discuss, I will take it that you don't have any and case close.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Dec 18, 2010
Eziachi:

If you kept saying someone is a FAILURE or the person's achievements are TERRIBLE  and you had harped on it over along period of time, sound reasoning demand that you must have had achievemuch more better than this person to be so vehement in your passing of judgement.

Sound reasoning? We hire a PUBLIC OFFICIAL and gave this official work to do. The official does not fulfill, not even one of the responsibilities given, in 24 months of  office, and you tell me that sound reasoning for you is only judging this PUBLIC official’s record IF, and ONLY IF, I have achieved much more in my own PERSONAL Life?

Dude, WOW !!! shocked

Eziachi:

You can't be that obsessed about someone's failure if you are not a high flier yourself. So its time to put up or shut up. Lay down your own achievement before start pouring cold water on others.

So, I cannot tell Yar adua that he failed at his job as a PUBLIC OFFICER because, according to you, I have to EXCEL in my private LIFE FIRST, before  I have a right to JUDGE the record of a PUBLIC OFFICIAL, working for ME, and being Paid by ME?

Again, Dude, WOW!  shocked shocked

Eziachi:

What is your biggest achievement in public or personal life other than being alive against the person you kept telling us is a failure and let us compare. And if your next post comes out without any but you're rather dancing around the topic you so wanted to discuss, I will take it that you don't have any and case close.
Dude, you still have not gotten this one to make sense past your person. How did you get this to make sense, when you posted it? I still need you to provide me something more solid in the line of reasoning when it comes to why I should indulge in this comparing my PERSONAL achievements with that of  a PUBLIC OFFICIAL, employed by me, and the Nigerian people.

** shakes head again** WOW!!!  shocked shocked
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Eziachi: 2:58am On Dec 18, 2010
You have every right to criticize a public official, but when you turn it personal, then you have to tell us what you have achieved yourself by going personal and after all the demands and you are still not coming out with one but making excuses.
I take it that you don't have any. Empty cans often make the loudest noise, especially on the internet. I think am done with this now, unless you come up with your achievements.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Kobojunkie: 3:02am On Dec 18, 2010
Eziachi:

You have every right to criticize a public official, but when you turn it personal, then you have to tell us what you have achieved yourself by going personal and after all the demands and you are still not coming out with one but making excuses.

Finally, you have come to where it matters. I am sure my introducing the name YAR ADUA, sort of made you rethink what you have been claiming to this point. Now, I am guessing you will not mind my telling you that Yar adua's record, both as a state governor and a president in the last so many years, was a miserably poor one. However, you seem to take offence when I state that Dora Akunyili's record as a Minister of Information for the past 24 months was equally appalling, even though that is the fact. What am I missing here? Why? Why is my statement about Dora to be taken as a personal attack against the woman but the very same of Yar adua's record not a personal attack?

Are you sure the problem is from me and not from you?  [size=13pt]Can you please show me, and everyone else who has been following the conversation, the EXACT LINES WHERE my criticism of Dora Akunyili’s records as Minister of Information became a  PERSONAL ONE  - an attack on her person and not on her record as a public minister/official in the last 24 months[/size] ? A Challenge for you there.

I have read you claim, over and over, that I have personally attacked this woman. Now, I ask that you show us all EXACTLY WHERE you have me doing that.  This is your chance to SHOW ALL how I have PERSONALLY ATTACKED this woman, according to your claim. cheesy

PS: I am not a PUBLIC OFFICIAL !
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by rhymz(m): 10:30am On Dec 18, 2010
@LastPAGE
I must confess that for the first time I ve come to respect you for this very true and honest piece. Unfortunately, but obviously very true from the goings-on here, a majority of Dora Bashers are non-igbos, I might sound a bit tribalistic with this submission but you observe for yourself and see. How many times do you see these same people scrutinize Segun Adeniyi like they always do with Dora, I mean it can be argued in thesame breath that he played an ignoble role in the Yardy dead-or-alive Saga. But when it comes to Dora Akunyili, you see these haters lose all form of good judgemental abilities and begin to awash their own taste with bile and throw temper tantrums like kids whose candies were snatched by Dora.
I ve said it over and over again, Dora Akunyili has the temperament that is needed to be a leader, brave, fearless and passionate about her convictions. She may not have been great as an Information Minister but she was not a flop either, if not she would ve been relieved of her duties. Facts! Facts! Facts! Those are what are demanded of her bashers. She did her job to the best of her knowledge and never did anything contrary to the demands of her job. Somebody's perception of what her actions or in-actions could ve been is not a fact, neither are the delusional rants of a junkie any fact. You can't accuse her of dereliction of duty, all these stories of her being this & that have no factual basis, just some perceptions of some writers who do not like her and have never been anywhere close to serving in government, ask Segun Adeniyi, he knows this, lol. He used to criticize everything government until Yardy made him his spokes man and he was in the hot seat and felt the sting and bitterness of his own medicine. Since after Yardy, the young man has moved on to another thing different from writing against the goverment on the pages of thisday newspaper.
Moral of this whole thing is that it is easy to stay outside and talk shit about the inside but opinion changes when you are inside and the others are now talking shit about the inside. People should learn to be moderate with their criticisms and criticize in line with what is obtainable and possible in the political clime they are talking about. You can't be an idealist and want to be in politics, I mean anywhere. Dimeji Bankole understands my point very well, I believe. Until you have gone there and come out, you will never argue like a realist, am sure if Segun Adeniyi had not sat on the hot seat, he would ve been of the first to tell us how Dora Akunyili should have performed her job excelently well or how much of a flop she is. . .lol. . People and their insatiably complex demands, nobody will do anything listening to everybody, that is a fact jare!
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Mkpotu(m): 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2010
@LASTPAGE, nice one! But that is if only people of this our generation will hear and understand that hatred will not take us anywhere instead it will rather breed more hatred and other atrocities and even to generations unborn.

I remember my experience in my former office, we were working like one family except some little tribal hitches usually anchored by my boss 9my reporting line) (Yoruba man) then, though we neglected it and all of us as the subordinates were working friends. One day, my boss started all those his stories about Igbos are this and that in the office, a corporate setting for that matter, on that day, I summoned courage & jokingly asked him, Sir what did this Igbo do to you that you always talk about them in bad limelight, my boss did not say anything (especially as I know he has told us he has not had d opportunity of visiting the East and that he is longing to do that, more or less he has no tangible thing to say Igbos did to him that brought about every minute Igbo Igbo discussion in the office) But do you know I was surprise that one of my colleagues and a good friend stood in defence of my boss and said yes, that Igbos are too domineering and that anywhere they are, they like being incharge. Infact that their father while growing up advised them to beware and abhor Igbos. He went further to say that the hatred has even reduced that during their fathers time, it was much hot then. He gave one of the instances that their father cited to them, on how Igbos came and dominated in Ibadan such that at a time, Landlords in Ibadan then preferred renting their house to Igbos because then, majority of the Yorubas were in civil service and they usually owe landlords their house rent whereas Igbos who are usually into trading find it easy to pay their rent. In fact he said it went to the extent of some Landlords were putting a notice infront of their compound with inscription"This House is Not For Civil Servants"

We all laughed at the statement, but deep inside my mind, I felt bad this is because, I was feeling in my mind, are these the kind of people I am working with. While at work, what their parents told them about a particular tribe is hovering over their mind even when you thought you are all friends. Anyway, the rest of other things are now history though we are all friends and former colleagues.

I still believe it lies on our hand to change the attitude and champion a better course devoid of hatred, jealousy and acrimony. My academic and work career has actually taken me around especially the major tribes and I know I have friends all over. Infact, while in that office, we were two in our flat myself an Igbo guy and a Christian and my colleague a Yoruba and a Muslim, living together. The sooner the attitude is changed the better.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2010
I am waiting to get some rational rebuttals flowing here, if any! grin
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by BetaThings: 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2010
lastpage:

Even though he is highly respected not just by his own stock (for other things he did, like free education, free health, e.t.c) What he did (reneging on that agreement with Ojukwu) was morally wrong, completely wrong.
It could have been the other way round but believe me, AWOLOWO acted in his own "self interest"

Having said all these, l am one of the greatest fan of Dora. I wrote an article in 2006, on her and if you read that article, you will think l will take her from her husband  grin Her work in NAFDAC alone will be a yardstick for generations to come! Though 'Politics' is not a very clean game, she has political ambitions and that may have colored her general disposition to certain things. One thing you cannot take away from those "blazing eyes" of hers is "boldness". I truly hope she is given the opportunity to show her worth again, in other areas that she fits squarely into (l think the "olofofo" Information Minister role was not a good era in her impeccable carrier.

Dont 'hate', we actually need each other if we are to achieve our destined positions.
Cheers.
Please tell me what Awolowo did wrong. This is for my education.
I really hate Obasanjo and I criticise him as I like. I detest El Rufai and I say my piece without any issue. I don't like Dora because she is a fake. To say it I am accused of tribalism, not minding where I come from. Look at the trend - we can only abuse Bankole, Atiku, GEj etc freely. We are free to praise Nnamani (former senate president) but cannot abuse Nnamani (former Gov); we can eulogise Chinua Achebe but we cannot harass Ohakim. you do us a lot of disservice.

BTW do you remember Dora (or is it Dorathy or Theodora like Naija v Nigeria) role in the Ekiti saga?
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by BetaThings: 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2010
This is the first time I read about the Emeagwali false claims

Okey C. Iheduru wrote this in BusinessDay
http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14751:philip-emeagwali-and-the-nigeria--50-honour-roll-&catid=96:columnists&Itemid=539
When other people repeated this, they were accused of tribalism

This is an Iboman talking about the "tribalism" of Awo, Ahmadu Bello and Zik

ONWUCHEKWA JEMIE is the editor-in-chief of BusinessDay

Please read carefully
http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16263:ohaneze-jonathan-and-a-historic-opportunity-1&catid=96:columnists&Itemid=539
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by cbravo(m): 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2010
DORA WE ALL CAL U OUR SISTER.LET ME REMIND U DT D OBI U ARE JOINING CAN NT AT PRESENT GET A VOTE FRM HIS FAMILY MEMBERS.HE IS VERY INSINCERE ND SELF CENTERED.HE CANT GET U ONE VOTE BT UR PRSONALITY WUD,WISH U LUCK. E
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by rhymz(m): 6:23am On Dec 19, 2010
BTW do you remember Dora (or is it Dorathy or Theodora like Naija v Nigeria) role in the Ekiti saga?
[quote][/quote]. . . Abeg what did she do wrong in the Ekiti Saga? Was it her that abducted the Chicken livered Resident Electoral commissioner, Mrs Ayoka Adebayo? Or was it she that almost plunged Ekiti state into Chaos by conniving with opposition politicians to disappear? What exactly was Dora's role. Guy abeg talk with evidence and not your idosyncrasies towards this woman. It is ok not to like but dont let it impair your ability to judge or criticize with sincerity
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by MetalGong4: 6:38am On Dec 19, 2010
I only laugh at the sheer stupidity and bigotry of Prof Akunyili's armchair critics. . . . Anyway, whether they like it or not, we the people of Anambra central will soon send her to the senate where she will ruffle more Yoruba men's dirty hairs as usual.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by BetaThings: 9:33am On Dec 19, 2010
rhymz:

. . . Abeg what did she do wrong in the Ekiti Saga? Was it her that abducted the Chicken livered Resident Electoral commissioner, Mrs Ayoka Adebayo? Or was it she that almost plunged Ekiti state into Chaos by conniving with opposition politicians to disappear? What exactly was Dora's role. Guy abeg talk with evidence and not your idosyncrasies towards this woman. It is ok not to like but dont let it impair your ability to judge or criticize with sincerity

If she truly was acting in the NATIONAL interest, she should have stayed out of the fray. Nobody is accusing her of abducting the lady. But was she not the one who said the lady should come out? After Ayoka re-appeared she was part of the team that ensured the lady never interacted with anybody who could firm up her resolve - only members of PDP saw her and she was not given free access to the press. As minister of information, Dora was aware of all these. She then told the press that if Ayoka had not reappeared, it would have ruined our democracy. Now that the court has condemned the result announced by Ayoka (under the control of PDP), is Dora still saying that is the best for our democracy? Are you saying you are proud of the role played by Dora? Remember that Jega has said that Ayoka (not blameless though) but was dealing with forces beyond her control. Those forces obviously are not the opposition but the PDP of which Dora was a prominent part.
She ruffled a lot of feathers at NAFDAC but she was also close to people she regulated - but we don't want to go into that here.

It is equally ok to support a person but should also not lead us to act as if the person is perfect.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by lastpage: 12:10pm On Dec 19, 2010
@BetaThings
Quote from: lastpage on Yesterday at 12:40:19 AM

Having said all these, l am one of the greatest fan of Dora. I wrote an article in 2006, on her and if you read that article, you will think l will take her from her husband  Grin Her work in NAFDAC alone will be a yardstick for generations to come! Though 'Politics' is not a very clean game, she has political ambitions and that may have colored her general disposition to certain things. One thing you cannot take away from those "blazing eyes" of hers is "boldness". I truly hope she is given the opportunity to show her worth again, in other areas that she fits squarely into (l think the "olofofo" Information Minister role was not a good era in her impeccable carrier.

Cheers.
Quote from BataThings:
Please tell me what Awolowo did wrong. This is for my education.
I really hate Obasanjo and I criticise him as I like. I detest El Rufai and I say my piece without any issue. I don't like Dora because she is a fake. To say it I am accused of tribalism, not minding where I come from. Look at the trend - we can only abuse Bankole, Atiku, GEj etc freely. We are free to praise Nnamani (former senate president) but cannot abuse Nnamani (former Gov); we can eulogise Chinua Achebe but we cannot harass Ohakim. you do us a lot of disservice.

Thank you BetaThings.
From my own observation, analysis and discussion of the Biafran war with many folks, from reading books written by people from both sides and from interacting with people from all corners of the country, l will summarize what I FELT AWO DID WRONG!.

After the experience of the Igbos in the North (pogrom) and the reprisals in the East, it is understandable that each race did not feel safe in the locations/lands of the other.

The AGREEMENT to pull out of Nigeria (Igbos would form Biafra and Yorubas would form Odu'a, as separate countries) was arrived at, between Awo and Ojukwu.
THEY BOTH AGREED THAT EACH WOULD PULL HIS PEOPLE OUT

When the time came, Ojukwu announced his own secession and called it Biafra!
Ojukwu waited for Awo to do the same, knowing fully well that "The North/Nigeria" can NEVER win a war, if i had to fight both Biafra and Odu'a, at the same time.

AWO RENEGED ON HIS WORD AND DID NOT PROCLAIM ODU'A
He did not carry out the secession plan as agreed!
Now, rightly or wrongly (or for reasons that may be adduced later).

This, l think is wrong.
An agreement  between two gentlemen should be honored more so, when MILLIONS OF LIVES are at stake!
If you must BREAK AN AGREEMENT then you must ensure that the other party has not acted on it and has the time to reverse themselves, if possible.
THAT IS WHERE I THINK AWO DID WRONG.
To worsen matters, he now went further to join "Federal Nigeria" to wage war against the Biafra.
Ask yourself: What was "in it" for Awo, to join ranks with 'Federal Nigeria' back then? After all, the Yorubas too are having a rough time from the domineering North (back then)?

The answer lay in his "personal ambitions" (and selfish, l think) to one day be PRESIDENT OVER A "BIG and FEDERAL" NIGERIA! In retrospect, l think God was watching all these events *****and "waiting" too!

This singular act is what l think, created a very deep distrust between Igbos and Yorubas
(Naturally, we are closest and most comfortable with each other and that is why you notice that Igbos thrive better in the Yoruba lands than anywhere else in Nigeria, outside their native land).

Having said that, l also think it is wrong for us to keep instigating and festering this tree of hatred and distrust, in our offsprings!
Those that witnessed the "Biafran war" might find it difficult to "forgive and forget" (and l can feel their pain too) BUT the truth is that (and this is bitter to say), the Igbos can only align with "some other tribe" to realize Biafra (nay with minimum casualty) or even realize their own political ambition! A "unilateral pull-out" is possible but the "cost" is prohibitive too!!
Question is: With which "race' would they align with, (even if it is temporal) in present day Nigeria?
Should they align with the North?
Can they align with the South-South?
Is it the middle-Belt?
Is it with the West/South-West?

Remember, apart from the fact that you want to align with "A", those people must also be willing to align with you (which implies you both have a common purpose!). Also, we should keep the objective in focus since its no use aligning with "B" if such alignment cannot fulfill the "Objective"!
Anyway, this discussion is deeper than l can espouse here.

Bottom line is: let it be known that "one man's mistake" cannot be ascribed to a "whole race"! And finally, we need to be able to "forgive the past so that we can enjoy the future"

We are all brothers and even "The North" can be our best friend iff "they would accept/practice/behave that we are all equal in Nigeria and fairness should be our watch-word.

There cant ever be 'Peace' without Justice,
And 'Justice' itself means 'Fairness' to all!

Concerning Dora, l think we are over-flogging the issue!
She's not perfect but by "Nigerian, Public officials Standard", she's way-way above the fray!

What would you say of those "Sin-nators" allocating 30million Naira to themselves every month, in a country where people live on less than 300Naira/day?
Cheers.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by lastpage: 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2010
@Rhymz.
Wetin sef? grin
so its the "first time" after all those "hundreds of posts" l've made?
(Grits his teeth and growls 'Graaaahhhh' at Rhymz! grin grin grin )
Cheers

@Mkpotu
Thank you Bro, this hatred and deep distrust among ourselves is usually echoed by people, mostly out of ignorance or a deep seated weakness that one may not even be aware of!
Your Boss should have been a "rallying point" for his subordinates. He should be providing "leadership" instead of emphasizing "divisions"!
It stands to reason that while some "rule" by providing "leadership", some others rule by using "divide and rule" tactics!
Its a lousy "management technique", if you ask me! wink
I guess if we "do unto others as we would honestly expect them to do unto us", life would be much better!.
Cheers
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by MetalGong4: 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2010
lastpage:

@BetaThings[/b]Thank you BetaThings.
From my own observation, analysis and discussion of the Biafran war with many folks, from reading books written by people from both sides and from interacting with people from all corners of the country, l will summarize what I FELT AWO DID WRONG!.

After the experience of the Igbos in the North (pogrom) and the reprisals in the East, it is understandable that each race did not feel safe in the locations/lands of the other.

The AGREEMENT to pull out of Nigeria (Igbos would form Biafra and Yorubas would form Odu'a, as separate countries) was arrived at, between Awo and Ojukwu.
[b]THEY BOTH AGREED THAT EACH WOULD PULL HIS PEOPLE OUT

When the time came, Ojukwu announced his own secession and called it Biafra!
Ojukwu waited for Awo to do the same, knowing fully well that "The North/Nigeria" can NEVER win a war, if i had to fight both Biafra and Odu'a, at the same time.

AWO RENEGED ON HIS WORD AND DID NOT PROCLAIM ODU'A
He did not carry out the secession plan as agreed!
Now, rightly or wrongly (or for reasons that may be adduced later).

This, l think is wrong.
An agreement between two gentlemen should be honored more so, when MILLIONS OF LIVES are at stake!
If you must BREAK AN AGREEMENT then you must ensure that the other party has not acted on it and has the time to reverse themselves, if possible.
THAT IS WHERE I THINK AWO DID WRONG.
To worsen matters, he now went further to join "Federal Nigeria" to wage war against the Biafra.
Ask yourself: What was "in it" for Awo, to join ranks with 'Federal Nigeria' back then? After all, the Yorubas too are having a rough time from the domineering North (back then)?

The answer lay in his "personal ambitions" (and selfish, l think) to one day be PRESIDENT OVER A "BIG and FEDERAL" NIGERIA! In retrospect, l think God was watching all these events *****and "waiting" too!

This singular act is what l think, created a very deep distrust between Igbos and Yorubas
(Naturally, we are closest and most comfortable with each other and that is why you notice that Igbos thrive better in the Yoruba lands than anywhere else in Nigeria, outside their native land).

Having said that, l also think it is wrong for us to keep instigating and festering this tree of hatred and distrust, in our offsprings!
Those that witnessed the "Biafran war" might find it difficult to "forgive and forget" (and l can feel their pain too) BUT the truth is that (and this is bitter to say), the Igbos can only align with "some other tribe" to realize Biafra (nay with minimum casualty) or even realize their own political ambition! A "unilateral pull-out" is possible but the "cost" is prohibitive too!!
Question is: With which "race' would they align with, (even if it is temporal) in present day Nigeria?
Should they align with the North?
Can they align with the South-South?
Is it the middle-Belt?
Is it with the West/South-West?

Remember, apart from the fact that you want to align with "A", those people must also be willing to align with you (which implies you both have a common purpose!). Also, we should keep the objective in focus since its no use aligning with "B" if such alignment cannot fulfill the "Objective"!
Anyway, this discussion is deeper than l can espouse here.

Bottom line is: let it be known that "one man's mistake" cannot be ascribed to a "whole race"! And finally, we need to be able to "forgive the past so that we can enjoy the future"

We are all brothers and even "The North" can be our best friend iff "they would accept/practice/behave that we are all equal in Nigeria and fairness should be our watch-word.

There cant ever be 'Peace' without Justice,
And 'Justice' itself means 'Fairness' to all!

Concerning Dora, l think we are over-flogging the issue!
She's not perfect but by "Nigerian, Public officials Standard", she's way-way above the fray!

What would you say of those "Sin-nators" allocating 30million Naira to themselves every month, in a country where people live on less than 300Naira/day?
Cheers.

Vote Mr Lastpage for Nigeria president come 2015 . . . . Dude you are the best in nairaland.
Re: Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter by lastpage: 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2010
^^^^^^^^
Naaaah, MetalGong4!
"One GOOD post" does not make a man!
There is "good and truth" in all of us! Its called Our Conscience!
All the same, thanks for your compliment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Arrest 'imported Voters' In Anambra / The Marginalization; The Lies And The APC Culprit / Peter Obi: Nigerians Can’t Continue To Live In Mutual Suspicion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.