Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? (3032 Views)

Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent How True? / ❤️❤️God Is EveryWhere God Is Omniscient God Is Omnipotent God Is Omnipresence / Is God Really Omniscient?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 16, 2020
Reality11:

Am not asking whether he is just or not.

The question is, am an atheist and I'll not bow to any ridiculous delusion, if God know that I'll die as atheist and enter hell since before he made the world. Why dying for me again, why extending a hand for me and trying to save me? That I'll change?

If you are omniscient and you know when you send your sibling on errand he won't go.

You then send others to caution him, you threatened him, beg him. Since you are omniscient you already know it he won't heed to all this, why wasting time begging and persuading him. To change his mind when you already know the outcome? That he won't change

It takes more faith to be an atheist. You are going round in circles.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2020
solite3:

Lol, how did your answer relates to what I said?

Reality11:

Am not asking whether he is just or not.

The question is, am an atheist and I'll not bow to any ridiculous delusion, if God know that I'll die as atheist and enter hell since before he made the world. Why dying for me again, why extending a hand for me and trying to save me? That I'll change?

If you are omniscient and you know when you send your sibling on errand he won't go.

You then send others to caution him, you threatened him, beg him. Since you are omniscient you already know it he won't heed to all this, why wasting time begging and persuading him. To change his mind when you already know the outcome? That he won't change

You couldn't handle it right?
All am trying to do is to point out the flaws and absurdity in your belief system. Your religion and idea of God can not even pass simple scrutiny and reasoning.

You don't pay to think, its free.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by jcross19: 10:27pm On Feb 16, 2020
Reality11:

Am not asking you whether God gave me an option or not.

Here is my questions
So the bolded
If God knows I'll end up in hell since before he created the world and me, is it possible I'll not end up in hell?

And
If the number God knows is 100, is it possible 99 would enter?
life is always two, everything is two and is a choice ! yes He sees every side like He sees 100 that will end up in hell even from the hell at one side and He sees the same 100 that will not end up in hell at another side but now depend on that 100 where ever they choose . if you are caught stealing what will you say! are you going to tell them that someone compel you to steal or you intentionally stole? huh is your choice you chose the evil and face the wroth of law.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 16, 2020
Reality11:

You are out?
Have you answered the question before?
Only a fool will try to convince you on a calculated and premeditated question, you have made your standing clear that religion is a trash, that is not a question, it is an opinion, it is a calculated attempt to rubbish religion, I will have answered you if truly or you pretend you want to know more, remember your knowledge ends where your bitterness starts.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by luke4look: 1:13am On Feb 17, 2020
The air does not need you, you need the air. If you pretend otherwise you die.

Secondly, if you don't know your purpose in this life then you are useless to our generation.

Third, I was an atheist like you until I read goegraphy.

If you remain an atheist after geography then you are simply insane.
Reality11:

Good

I beg to differ, because the core principal of religion is to worship and obey God, so why much emphasis on worship?

Besides the Bible made it clear that praise and worship would be made onto him in heaven for eternity, I wonder how/why worship is so important to him that he'll need it to this extend.

Did he know that I won't heed to his warning and threats, right? And am very sure I'll die as an atheist so am facing the music (hell)

So if he knows this why bringing me when he knows I'll die as a heathen and go to hell, why not just dump me in hell and save himself the stress of dying and trying to save me. Why do I have to come here again, to change my mind or what?

Choice?

Its like a thief robbing someone, he pointed a gun and asked, your money or your life? You resisted and he took your life
And he boosted that you chose the option for yourself. First of all you didn't even ask for options. he is just a bully and this how you portray your God. No one asked for he's options grin

So my question still remains why bringing the hell citizens here and then makes efforts to save them, by sending preachers, prophet, warning, threats etc?

To change our minds? Or is he not omniscient to know that we'll never change?

What am trying to point out is that the idea of your God is man-made and absurd.

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 4:53am On Feb 17, 2020
luke4look:

Secondly, if you don't know your purpose in this life then you are useless to our generation.

How do you sleep knowing your God system and belief is very redicolous and absurd?

How does what you just wrote treat or answer the questions I raised?

3 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 5:03am On Feb 17, 2020
profolaolu:
Only a fool will try to convince you on a calculated and premeditated question, you have made your standing clear that religion is a trash, that is not a question, it is an opinion

Yeah, its a trash since the questions I raised can't be answered.

, it is a calculated attempt to rubbish religion,

I have doubt and am also curious to know that's why I yearned to know. So religion shouldn't be questioned?

I will have answered you if truly or you pretend you want to know more, remember your knowledge ends where your bitterness starts.

Lol, where is the bitterness, show me.
This the third time you have been quoting me but you end up avoiding the question by bringing irrelevant points.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 5:13am On Feb 17, 2020
jcross19:
life is always two, everything is two and is a choice ! yes He sees every side like He sees 100 that will end up in hell even from the hell at one side and He sees the same 100 that will not end up in hell at another side but now depend on that 100 where ever they choose . if you are caught stealing what will you say! are you going to tell them that someone compel you to steal or you intentionally stole? huh is your choice you chose the evil and face the wroth of law.

Are you suffering from aphasia?
How does what you wrote relates to my questions?

Since God is omniscient why would he send his son to die for me, why would he make efforts to save me if he already knew I'll end up in hell? Why send me to earth again, to change my mind? When he already knew that I won't change? Why all the efforts?

1 Like

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by emmaodet: 5:48am On Feb 17, 2020
I think from my best of knowledge, this omniscience of a thing as to do with God knowing the outcome of your choice or decisions you take.
He gave you a choice to take and anyway you take, he knows the outcome.
That is what i believe is Omniscience
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by judedwriter(m): 6:29am On Feb 17, 2020
kingxsamz:

Wtf are you saying?
What has your response got to do with the Op's point?

What I mean is don't blow up your mind about how all knowing God is. What He really requires from us is to love and obey Him.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by judedwriter(m): 6:32am On Feb 17, 2020
Reality11:

Please how does this answer the question?

Don't get confused about how all knowing God is. This subject can cause so much confusion and cause one to doubt the character of God.

God is love, yes He is all powerful and all knowing but He firstly requires our love. Obey Him with all your heart and don't doubt His love for you.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by luke4look: 6:57am On Feb 17, 2020
I see you don't believe in God. So why bother yourself with this important question.

But let me presume you believe in God (a supreme being) and answer.

You have free will. You can decide to kill yourself with electricity or cook yam with the same electric.

So it is not God knowledge that determines who go to hell or heaven. It is your choice.

God knows that all men shall end up in heaven. But if you choose to go to hell, that's your responsibility.

This is what the Bible preach

Reality11:

Am not asking you whether God gave me an option or not.

Here is my questions
So the bolded
If God knows I'll end up in hell since before he created the world and me, is it possible I'll not end up in hell?

And
If the number God knows is 100, is it possible 99 would enter?
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by luke4look: 7:04am On Feb 17, 2020
This is internet age dude.

Go ask google about arch atheist who later turned to God. It is not his will and knowing that any should perish.

If you know the condition of Nigeria and that Boko Haram can kill you and your children, why bother getting married and raising family?

Reality11:

Since God is omniscient why would he send his son to die for me, why would he make efforts to save me if he already knew I'll end up in hell? Why send me to earth again, to change my mind? When he already knew that I won't change? Why all the efforts?

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 8:27am On Feb 17, 2020
luke4look:

Go ask google about arch atheist who later turned to God. It is not his will and knowing that any should perish.

How does this also answer my question?
Whats my concern if atheist turn to God or Christian or Christians to atheist. Did I tell you am following the crowd?

If you know the condition of Nigeria and that Boko Haram can kill you and your children, why bother getting married and raising family?

when did I told you am getting married or not?

Still how does this relate to the question?

God is omniscient he knows I won't change, why is he making efforts to save me. Is he not omniscient?

You then send others to caution him, you threatened him, beg him. Since you are omniscient you already know it he won't heed to all this, why wasting time begging and persuading him. To change his mind?when you already know he won't change

1 Like

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by kingxsamz(m): 9:57am On Feb 17, 2020
solite3:

I have been following this thread. But I can't help but shake my head in disappointment at your inability to answer a simple question.
It shows you don't know what you're doing, and you're only following a religion because that's how your mummy and daddy brought you up.
If you wanted to convert someone to your religion/belief and the person asks you these simple questions which requires straightforward answers, is this how you will fumble?
Sorry to say, you're a joke and therefore should not be taken serious.
If you did finish primary school, you'd know that when you're asked, what is 1+1? You'll answer '2'.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by kingxsamz(m): 10:03am On Feb 17, 2020
profolaolu:
Only a fool will try to convince you on a calculated and premeditated question, you have made your standing clear that religion is a trash, that is not a question, it is an opinion, it is a calculated attempt to rubbish religion, I will have answered you if truly or you pretend you want to know more, remember your knowledge ends where your bitterness starts.

Lies.
It's actually because the question really hit you hard, and therefore, have no logical answer to counter his point.
Stop making funny excuses

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by kingxsamz(m): 10:07am On Feb 17, 2020
judedwriter:

Don't get confused about how all knowing God is. This subject can cause so much confusion and cause one to doubt the character of God.

God is love, yes He is all powerful and all knowing but He firstly requires our love. Obey Him with all your heart and don't doubt His love for you.

Did you attend secondary school at all? undecided
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 17, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lies.
It's actually because the question really hit you hard, and therefore, have no logical answer to counter his point.
Stop making funny excuses
If it hit, I wouldn't have responded, there are thousands of people that will see and ignore, but he has already concluded.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by kingxsamz(m): 10:12am On Feb 17, 2020
luke4look:

Highly unnecessary. Besides there are religious fanatics who turned atheist. But that's irrelevant in this case.

Sorry, how does this relate to the question being asked?

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by kingxsamz(m): 10:14am On Feb 17, 2020
profolaolu:
If it hit, I wouldn't have responded, there are thousands of people that will see and ignore, but he has already concluded.

Okay answer the question then.
Logically.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 17, 2020
luke4look:

Teach me what u read from geography
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 10:28am On Feb 17, 2020
profolaolu:

It has hit you have that's why you have nothing to say.

Your response has noting to do with the questions

You thought I'll ask you Sunday school questions ne? grin

My conclusion is based on my opinion derived through critical thought and reasoning, so prove me otherwise if am wrong.

3 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 17, 2020
kingxsamz:

Okay answer the question then.
Logically.
Like I said, man is a moral agent that have the opportunity of choosing what they want, and GOD is an omnipotent and omniscient GOD who knows the beginning to the end, but GOD can change HIS mind, GOD knows Abraham will be sorrowful if HE destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, and HE gave him chances to prove a case, another one GOD knew King Hezekiah will become bad, so HE wanted to take him before that time, but Hezekiah decided to challenge GOD and GOD gave him an option of 15years more and eventually he fell, GOD knows the end from the beginning, but like a Potter, HE can change HIS mind. HE decided to annialiate Israelites but Moses beg HIM and HE change HIS mind
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 17, 2020
Reality11:

It has hit you have that's why you have nothing to say.

Your response has noting to do with the questions

You thought I'll ask you Sunday school questions ne? grin

My conclusion is based on my opinion derived through critical thought and reasoning, so prove me otherwise if am wrong.
Only a fool will waste his time to prove a point to someone who has been blinded by sentiment.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 10:39am On Feb 17, 2020
profolaolu:
Like I said, man is a moral agent that have the opportunity of choosing what they want, and GOD is an omnipotent and omniscient GOD who knows the beginning to the end, but GOD can change HIS mind, GOD knows Abraham will be sorrowful if HE destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, and HE gave him chances to prove a case, another one GOD knew King Hezekiah will become bad, so HE wanted to take him before that time, but Hezekiah decided to challenge GOD and GOD gave him an option of 15years more and eventually he fell, GOD knows the end from the beginning, but like a Potter, HE can change HIS mind. HE decided to annialiate Israelites but Moses beg HIM and HE change HIS mind

Jesus!!!
Please no kill me with laugh
How does this answer the question?
Why are you deliberately avoiding the question?
Am not asking you whether God gave me option or not, or how God can be merciful

My question is since he is omniscient, he definitely knows how I'll end, if I'll end in hell he knows. So why is he making efforts to save me when he already know I won't heed to it? Why sending prophets, preachers giving warning etc

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 10:43am On Feb 17, 2020
profolaolu:
Only a fool will waste his time to prove a point to someone who has been blinded by sentiment.

Just give the point, how would my sentiment change the fact or its validity?

Answer it so that others that are following the thread can learn.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by kingxsamz(m): 10:45am On Feb 17, 2020
profolaolu:

What are you saying? undecided
If he's omniscient then it means he knows the end result of every outcome.
Whether one changed his mind or not, he already knew what would happen at the end.
So your point is not valid.

So if he already knows the result of every outcome, and therefore knows the amount of people going to hell, why bother to create them?

It's like leaving a 4 year old child in the house alone and asking that child to make soup, (something which you know the child isn't capable of doing) and then you get back to realise that the child didn't make the soup, and then you punish the child for not doing what you asked him.

Please if you can't give a straightforward answer without quoting any bible verse or adding irrelevant stories, please don't bother to replying.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 10:50am On Feb 17, 2020
Xavfra:

Teach me what u read from geography

Oga you'll wait tire
Avoiding to answer you and giving excuses not to answer is what he learned from geography grin

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 10:54am On Feb 17, 2020
kingxsamz:

Whether one changed his mind or not, he already knew what would happen at the end.

So if he already knows the result of every outcome, and therefore knows the amount of people going to hell, why bother to create them?

It's like leaving a 4 year old child in the house alone and asking that child to make soup, (something which you know the child isn't capable of doing) and then you get back to realise that the child didn't make the soup, and then you punish the child for not doing what you asked him.

Please if you can't give a straightforward answer without quoting any bible verse or adding irrelevant stories, please don't bother to replying.

My problem is not about the punishment sef. My concern is why going to the extend of telling him to cook, giving him the receipt, procedures and begging him. Why all this efforts since you know he won't even do it, is the God acting based on a script?
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by kingxsamz(m): 11:07am On Feb 17, 2020
Reality11:

My problem is not about the punishment sef. My concern is why going to the extend of telling him to cook, giving him the receipt, procedures and begging him. Why all this efforts since you know he won't even do it, is not the God acting based on a script?

Exactly.
I think it's best to ignore that guy.
He himself knows the question has got him in a tight spot.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 17, 2020
kingxsamz:

A programmed brain cannot comprehend beyond it program, likewise where bitterness begins is where knowledge and understanding ends.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by jcross19: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2020
Reality11:

you are suffering from dementia! And there are lots of holes in your brain , you need surgery .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Life can't originate by natural processes: Evidence for a creator 2 / When Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Bible Church Was Very Young (photo) / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.