Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? (3046 Views)

Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent How True? / ❤️❤️God Is EveryWhere God Is Omniscient God Is Omnipotent God Is Omnipresence / Is God Really Omniscient?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 12:01pm On Feb 16, 2020
God is omniscient as acclaimed by both Muslims and Christians.

Does this means he knows the total number that would die from natural disasters, starvation, war, get raped or that he'll burn in hell?

Why is there need for believing, conversion, preaching, giving out rules and laws since the the omniscient god knows the exact figure he'll burn?

If he knows the exact numbers even before creating the world, how would the aforementioned change the numbers? Is he acting on a script?

Use your brain, the ideas of religion is ridiculous, man made and full of absurdity.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
100/100

Critical reasoning brings about critical questions

In this case, you will never find an answer cos it was all fiction. In the first place.

10 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Jahkye: 12:08pm On Feb 16, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:
100/100

Critical reasoning brings about critical questions

In this case, you will never find an answer cos it was all fiction. In the first place.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Joshmodest(m): 12:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
Reality11:

Does this means he knows the total number that would die from natural disasters, starvation, war, get raped or that he'll burn in hell?

Why is there need for believing, conversion, preaching, giving out rules and laws since the the omniscient god knows the exact figure he'll burn?

If he knows the exact numbers even before creating the world, how would the aforementioned change the numbers? Is he acting on a script?

Use your brain, the ideas of religion is ridiculous, man made and full of absurdity.
Point poignant ......
God is omniscient , he knows the exact number of people that would be saved , he knows those that would sin and the exact sin they would commit , he knows those that would burn in fire and those that would not , he knows those that would destroy and repair the world ....now the question is if God knows I would go to hell , and he still sent me to the world , if I die and go to hell is it my fault or is it safe to say I was just acting out the script he gave to me .....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by WittyLad(m): 12:37pm On Feb 16, 2020
I mean; it's goading how Some delusive Africans likes using their minds to travel to dangerous assumptions, just to start running Helter skelter to look for help on Nothing..

I mean; This stories are worst that Nollywood
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
Jahkye:
[s][/s]

Guy find help before it would be late!
You don't comment but only strick out peoples comment?
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 16, 2020
[quote author=Reality11 post=86694225][/quote]Man is a moral agent, you have the ability to choose or use your life for, there is no predestined number of doomed people, GOD gave a privilege that all can come to the knowledge of the truth, well there is no need for bickering and blabbering, choose what whatever it pleases you to do with your life
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
profolaolu:
Man is a moral agent, you have the ability to choose or use your life for, there is no predestined number of doomed people, GOD gave a privilege that all can come to the knowledge of the truth, well there is no need for bickering and blabbering, choose what whatever it pleases you to do with your life

Oga the question is since good is omniscient does it mean he knows the exact number of people that would end up in hell?

9 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by judedwriter(m): 2:06pm On Feb 16, 2020
Reality11:

God made us to love Him above anything or anyone else. Our major duty is to love Him 100%.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 2:19pm On Feb 16, 2020
judedwriter:

God made us to love Him above anything or anyone else. Our major duty is to love Him 100%.

Please how does this answer the question?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by kingxsamz(m): 2:54pm On Feb 16, 2020
profolaolu:
Man is a moral agent, you have the ability to choose or use your life for, there is no predestined number of doomed people, GOD gave a privilege that all can come to the knowledge of the truth, well there is no need for bickering and blabbering, choose what whatever it pleases you to do with your life

Oga you have not addressed the topic, neither have you answered any of the Op's questions.
Stop beating around the bush young man.

8 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by kingxsamz(m): 2:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
judedwriter:

Wtf are you saying?
What has your response got to do with the Op's point?

8 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

Oga you have not addressed the topic, neither have you answered any of the Op's questions.
Stop beating around the bush young man.
Open your eye wide and clear your head, answer is there, not for presumptuous mind, but a teachable person.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Bacteriologist(m): 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2020
profolaolu:
Open your eye wide and clear your head, answer is there, not for presumptuous mind, but a teachable person.

How about take your own advice? A simple question was asked and you went on about spitting religious platitudes that help no one.

Get off your religious high horse and answer the
simple question.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by kingxsamz(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
profolaolu:

Young man, you have made no point neither have you addressed the main topic.
Answer the question and stop typing irrelevant words...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by hakeem4(m): 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
he works in a mysterious way!!!

i wonder why religious people bother to pray, if in the lords prayer it says "let your will be done on earth"

oh!!!! i get it god forgets a lot, so he needs people to remind him via prayers

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
hakeem4:

i wonder why religious people bother to pray, if in the lords prayer it says "let your will be done on earth"

WE PRAY TO DICTATE FOR THE MYSTERIOUS MAN THE PROPER MYSTERIOUS THNGS HE SHOULD MYSTERIOUSLY DO... BECAUSE WE'RE ALL CRAZY.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by luke4look: 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2020
God knew from time immemorial that there will be Nairaland.

He knows that nairaland will be used to promote faith in him and others promote atheism.

He knows u will write this text at this time to promote hatred of him.

Your hate of him adds nor removes anything from him.

He knows as you know the consequences of your actions.

he also knows you will disobey and face the music. In his love he provided solution to help you out.

And to prove his love for you he sent a solution, a way out for the son he loves.

IT IS YOUR CHOICE TO OBEY OR REJECT.

Jesus Christ is the way out

Reality11:

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by luke4look: 4:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
Electricity works in mysterious ways because you're ignorant of it. Waves works in mysterious ways because of your ignorance.

So also God for you.

Perhaps you don't know God and that is why you falsely accuse him of working in mysterious ways.

Instead of hating what you don't understand why not bend down to understand it.

hakeem4:

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2020
This is a very shallow reasoning. The biblical God has a lot of other qualities apart from being omnipresent, omniscience and omnipotent. What many do not understand that All of God's qualities make God who he is, there is no contradiction in his person, meaning all his characters are do not oppose each other. For example God can do everything (omnipotent) but he does not do everything. Each of the qualities of God are equal. For example God is love but he is also a righteous God. You cant exalt God's love over his righteousness neither can you exalt his righteousness over his love both have equal stake. Because God is love, he created you to have freewill to be able to love him or reject him but he is also righteous ensuring you take responsibility for you actions , you cannot choose death and expect he uses his Almightyness to remove the consequences of your choice, that would be against his character of righteousness. Each of God's character do not stand alone but depend on each other God is holy hence cannot contradict his nature neither will he Condone unrighteous and uncleaniness.
You cannot strip out one out of God's character and make a baseless and ludicrous conclusion and think you are smart.

In answer to your questions God knows all things (omniscience) but his actions or inaction is base on his character or nature.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by orisa37: 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2020
This Post is silly.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
Bacteriologist:

How about take your own advice? A simple question was asked and you went on about spitting religious platitudes that help no one.

Get off your religious high horse and answer the
simple question.
If it doesn't help you, jump into the lagoon, better still get bottles of sniper to nourish your soul, I am out!
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by hakeem4(m): 5:48pm On Feb 16, 2020
luke4look:
Electricity works in mysterious ways because you're ignorant of it. Waves works in mysterious ways because of your ignorance.

So also God for you.

Perhaps you don't know God and that is why you falsely accuse him of working in mysterious ways.

Instead of hating what you don't understand why not bend down to understand it.

i do not hate god. I just don't find god important in the 21st century.

5 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 6:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
luke4look:
God knew from time immemorial that there will be Nairaland.

He knows that nairaland will be used to promote faith in him and others promote atheism.

He knows u will write this text at this time to promote hatred of him.

Good

Your hate of him adds nor removes anything from him.
I beg to differ, because the core principal of religion is to worship and obey God, so why much emphasis on worship?

Besides the Bible made it clear that praise and worship would be made onto him in heaven for eternity, I wonder how/why worship is so important to him that he'll need it to this extend.

He knows as you know the consequences of your actions.

he also knows you will disobey and face the music. In his love he provided solution to help you out.

And to prove his love for you he sent a solution, a way out for the son he loves.

Did he know that I won't heed to his warning and threats, right? And am very sure I'll die as an atheist so am facing the music (hell)

So if he knows this why bringing me when he knows I'll die as a heathen and go to hell, why not just dump me in hell and save himself the stress of dying and trying to save me. Why do I have to come here again, to change my mind or what?

IT IS YOUR CHOICE TO OBEY OR REJECT.

Jesus Christ is the way out

Choice?

Its like a thief robbing someone, he pointed a gun and asked, your money or your life? You resisted and he took your life
And he boosted that you chose the option for yourself. First of all you didn't even ask for options. he is just a bully and this how you portray your God. No one asked for he's options grin

So my question still remains why bringing the hell citizens here and then makes efforts to save them, by sending preachers, prophet, warning, threats etc?

To change our minds? Or is he not omniscient to know that we'll never change?

What am trying to point out is that the idea of your God is man-made and absurd.

7 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
solite3:
This is a very shallow reasoning. The biblical God has a lot of other qualities apart from being omnipresent, omniscience and omnipotent. What many do not understand that All of God's qualities make God who he is, there is no contradiction in his person, meaning all his characters are do not oppose each other. For example God can do everything (omnipotent) but he does not do everything. Each of the qualities of God are equal. For example God is love but he is also a righteous God. You cant exalt God's love over his righteousness neither can you exalt his righteousness over his love both have equal stake. Because God is love, he created you to have freewill to be able to love him or reject him but he is also righteous ensuring you take responsibility for you actions , you cannot choose death and expect he uses his Almightyness to remove the consequences of your choice, that would be against his character of righteousness. Each of God's character do not stand alone but depend on each other God is holy hence cannot contradict his nature neither will he Condone unrighteous and uncleaniness.
You cannot strip out one out of God's character and make a baseless and ludicrous conclusion and think you are smart.

In answer to your questions God knows all things (omniscience) but his actions or inaction is base on his character or nature.

Oga the question is
Did he knows the exact individuals that would enter hell fire, their gender, age etc(let's assume they are 100) Why bringing them here and going to the extend to save them again, when he knows they'll never change?

1 Like

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
orisa37:
This Post is silly.

Why won't you say is silly since you have nothing to say

4 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
profolaolu:
If it doesn't help you, jump into the lagoon, better still get bottles of sniper to nourish your soul, I am out!

You are out?
Have you answered the question before?

3 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by orisa37: 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
Reality11:

Why won't you say is silly since you have nothing to say

You are right. I've nothing to say.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by jcross19: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2020
Reality11:

Oga the question is
Did he knows the exact individuals that would enter hell fire, their gender, age etc(let's assume they are 100) Why bringing them here and going to the extend to save them again, when he knows they'll never change?
God is everything! God is totality , God is good,better, best, bad, worst,evil and love. God gave every mankind to choose what's good for them and what you choose will determine where you are going to be. God is the energy of the multi verse and universe. God knows particular amount of people will end up in hell and the people have the power to change their destiny not to end in hell as well.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2020
Reality11:

Oga the question is
yes he knew the exact number of people the question is, is God just? The answer is yes because he leaves no one in ignorance. The fact is if you reject life then you gain death. God didnt say change yourself,( where did you get from) he only offered his love to you much like extending help to a drawning man, if the drawning man reject the help then he drawns. God extends his hands to everyone one but he knows that not everyone will accept it. If he choose to extend it to a selected few that would make him partial.
Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2020
solite3:
yes he knew the exact number of people the question is, is God just? The answer is yes because he leaves no one in ignorance. The fact is if you reject life then you gain death. God didnt say change yourself,( where did you get from) he only offered his love to you much like extending help to a drawning man, if the drawning man reject the help then he drawns. God extends his hands to everyone one but he knows that not everyone will accept it. If he choose to extend it to a selected few that would make him partial.

Am not asking whether he is just or not.

The question is, am an atheist and I'll not bow to any ridiculous delusion, if God know that I'll die as atheist and enter hell since before he made the world. Why dying for me again, why extending a hand for me and trying to save me? That I'll change?

If you are omniscient and you know when you send your sibling on errand he won't go.

You then send others to caution him, you threatened him, beg him. Since you are omniscient you already know it he won't heed to all this, why wasting time begging and persuading him. To change his mind when you already know the outcome? That he won't change

4 Likes

Re: If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? by Reality11: 8:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
jcross19:
God is everything! God is totality , God is good,better, best, bad, worst,evil and love. God gave every mankind to choose what's good for them and what you choose will determine where you are going to be. God is the energy of the multi verse and universe. God knows particular amount of people will end up in hell and the people have the power to change their destiny not to end in hell as well.

Am not asking you whether God gave me an option or not.

Here is my questions
So the bolded
If God knows I'll end up in hell since before he created the world and me, is it possible I'll not end up in hell?

And
If the number God knows is 100, is it possible 99 would enter?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues / What Colour Is God / I Signed The Petition "bishop David Oyedepo Slaps A Girl In Church!"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.