Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,093 members, 7,957,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:00 AM

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos (105804 Views)

China To The World; Can You Live In This Building? (photos) / Land For Sale At AGBARA, Along Badagry Expressway Lagos State Nigeria / FOR SALE: Uncompleted 4nos Mini Flat On Half Plot At Iyana Era, Agbara. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by bukatyne(f): 8:00am On Feb 23, 2020
Biggaboi:

Same here. I've been searching for just this kind of comment since I saw that building that brought back memories of FGCL. grin
It's my Alma mater too
Cool smiley
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by poporinwa: 8:00am On Feb 23, 2020
That building is one of the failed properties of Nigeria social insurance trust fund. It is unfortunate that it is the monies of the poor deducted forcefully or mandatorily from their salary that was used to build that white elephant project. The remaining billions from this govt coy are being used by it's mds anyhow he feels .
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by bukatyne(f): 8:01am On Feb 23, 2020
niyogeol:
You are right. Once I sight this building then, I begin to shiver because I know the misery from IJ is about to get real.

What set are you if I may ask?

cheesy Stop talking about IJ like that joor

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by bukatyne(f): 8:02am On Feb 23, 2020
cr7lomo:

U remember ashafar and nengi Gogo ??

You are one of us too?
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by mercyville: 8:03am On Feb 23, 2020
Why can't they renovate it and give it to the poor so that they can pay in bits to own it with monitoring from legitimate agencies.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by bukatyne(f): 8:04am On Feb 23, 2020
LongThickPenis:

Yes waliu and his brother Fatai Ashafa, princes of oba of Ijanikin. Williams Jimabo. What set were u. I passed out in 95

Daddy wa.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Kingrexyl(m): 8:12am On Feb 23, 2020
Ishilove:

Someone who passed out in '95 is going about with this kind of username? Do we call you agbaya lantilanti?
Abeg shut up, we all know you are the big agbaya here. grin
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by andrewbaba44: 8:14am On Feb 23, 2020
hakeemhakeem:
It's ketu I was so curious to know how the building is some 16 years back I was took it has been like that since ibb regime

I have known that building since 1994 when we parked to that area
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by NwaOhafia: 8:16am On Feb 23, 2020
Candrevah:

Good evening
Please do you work with them as Fse or Ism? I'm available for support.
FSE, FME

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Kingrexyl(m): 8:18am On Feb 23, 2020
MissNicole01:
Ah!....the popular Ile Nla.

I had always wondered what this building was meant for. Such a waste! Something needs to be done about it.

I took my first two driving classes here...during the day, of course.
Under the security of my able bodied macho man.
We still gat to settle boys sef before dem let us use that place in peace.

Go there at night at your own detriment!
I wished he married you instead. cheesy
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by azpekuliar: 8:20am On Feb 23, 2020
Ishilove:

Someone who passed out in '95 is going about with this kind of username? Do we call you agbaya lantilanti?

Hanty you are wicked ooo! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Shedrack12: 8:24am On Feb 23, 2020
Sakobaba:
Na my hoood be this for abule /adaloko side.i have known this building since 1996. Lots of negative things use to happen there. If u fit pass the place for night e mean say na 3 life u get be that.
what do u think will happen if u pass there at night. Will spirit attack the person or what.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 23, 2020
Prognose:

Greetings fellow thsosian grin Made of Steel!

We keep the furnace burning. Are you based in Lagos? If yes, why don't u attend our alumni meeting coming up today Sunday 23 February 2020.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by moorevic(m): 8:35am On Feb 23, 2020
There is same kind of structure here in Aba and its well situated.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by mach7(m): 8:35am On Feb 23, 2020
cr7lomo:

U remember ashafar and nengi Gogo ??
Ashafa, Muscular, Aghedo....the runners of those days. FGCL.... grin

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by powerblaze(m): 8:40am On Feb 23, 2020
anonimi:

Do you know what is the Land Use Decree/Act?
Who gives Certificate of Occupancy, CofO? Do you know what that means/signifies?
Is there any difference between occupancy and ownership?
Will the government build without first perfecting title?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3903043_3900875eremainsmalluformakesensepng0cbd86798bdb9acb6b2f053976eebe47_png4f72619c8ca6b05dbf89dda16578e7fe

The whole point flew right past your brain, but it's okay.

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by mach7(m): 8:45am On Feb 23, 2020
greyce:

Same here angry The great "builders of bridges, across young minds" cool

I used to feel like the building was following me while in a vehicle
Same here too....right from Bayuf....even up until Adeniran, I was also mesmerized by the building. Especially with the many tales of it as some kind of shrine which used to sink. Lol
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by spoilerx: 8:46am On Feb 23, 2020
Esthered:
That was the landmark when I'm getting close to my alma mater FGCL Ijanikin before seeing the great 'Waterworks' grin

"Jazzy Rulz" was the original inscription on that tank b4 school authorities painted over it
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by mach7(m): 8:47am On Feb 23, 2020
Esthered:
That was the landmark when I'm getting close to my alma mater FGCL Ijanikin before seeing the great 'Waterworks' grin
Waterworks like no other. A place to chill before 'assaulting dining'. Only a few will understand grin
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Sophy22(f): 8:49am On Feb 23, 2020
Very close to where am staying.
I always wonder why Lagos state government should abandon such useful building to notorious arm robbers and kidnappers.
Governor please do something.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by may320: 9:00am On Feb 23, 2020
Skodiswayze:
There's one of this kind at Ikoyi as well
Just few meters after the first bank at Alagbon
You're correct. When heading towards Osborne from Obalende. Also a govt property, think it's old secretariat or something.
What a waste of resources! Wonder why govt did not demolish it and sell to companies. That land will sell for billions.
There are quite some buildings like that in Ikoyi, they are still solid but wasting away.

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Acidosis(m): 9:18am On Feb 23, 2020
Esthered:

Acodosis

I miss you o. Where have you been?
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by niyogeol(m): 9:18am On Feb 23, 2020
bukatyne:

cheesy Stop talking about IJ like that joor
So you people are plenty here like this. I am calling Mama Matee for you now. grin.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by waxyung(m): 9:23am On Feb 23, 2020
We call it ile nla. It's in ruins and urchins use the place as sanctuary. I still don't know the history behind the mysterious building
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Esthered: 9:23am On Feb 23, 2020
Acidosis:

I miss you o. Where have you been?

Same here sir. Where you left me.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Esthered: 9:24am On Feb 23, 2020
mach7:
Waterworks like no other. A place to chill before 'assaulting dining'. Only a few will understand grin

I can see a frontliner on the queue, Sunday afternoon jollof rice grin

2 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Esthered: 9:25am On Feb 23, 2020
spoilerx:

"Jazzy Rulz" was the original inscription on that tank b4 school authorities painted over it

Hhmmm
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by youngsahito(m): 9:38am On Feb 23, 2020
cuteboy2:
How about Federal Secretariat ikoyi, abandoned to rot after federal capital was relocated to Abuja?

The building was concessioned to Wale Babalakin, but Bola Tinubu who wanted it to be given to Lagos State, so he blocked the concession till date.

https://m.guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/ikoyi-federal-secretariat-disused-monument-rotting-away/
This wud have helped a lot of people working in Island but the greediness of tinubu won't allow such thing to see the light of the day...
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Jiokejohn: 9:45am On Feb 23, 2020
And Lagos state has a senator representing Lagos West senatorial district.
Representative my foot!
Eko ni baje!
Mark my words 'APC led government will soon tell us that they are not aware that such structure exist'. Or they will blame PDP for not including it in their handover note.
May GOD bless the OP for bringing such a huge negligence to limelight.

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by millhouse: 10:54am On Feb 23, 2020
LongThickPenis:
I attended FGC Ijanikin. During our annual Era mini marathon, we run past the building. Back then in the 90s we observed, the building is sinking. When I last passed there, I noticed some windows were on sand level to show extent of sinking. Money was wasted. I don't think proper soil tests were done
you go IJ and your monika na Thicklongpenis
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Eteka1(m): 10:57am On Feb 23, 2020
sulaak:

Very solid structure that can easily be reclaimed and turned into housing or a hotel. This is where the Lagos government should be lobbying the Federal government.

Home Markets Economy Banking & Finance Technology Impact Investing Opinion More
HomeReal EstateTime to take wasting Federal Secretariat Ikoyi to ‘next level’
REAL ESTATE
Time to take wasting Federal Secretariat Ikoyi to ‘next level’

Federal Secretariat Ikoyi

After over three decades of wasting away, serving no purpose other than sitting on prime land in a prime location, time has come for the old Federal Secretariat in Ikoyi, Lagos, to be taken to the next level in line with President Muhammadu Buhari administration’s ‘next level’ agenda.

A national monument, in its own right, the federal secretariat represents a colossal waste in the midst of scarcity and want. It is one of the ‘dead assets’ in Nigeria that makes the need and call for land and property ownership reform in the country not only imperative but also urgent.

Nigeria has a rigid traditional land tenure system that hampers full-scale economic activities on land. This system is the reason for the country’s low industrialisation, housing development, agriculture, and other economic and productive activities that lead to the improved standard of living, job creation and economic growth.

The same rigid land tenure system is the reason for the huge waste the federal secretariat in Lagos has become just like other national monuments scattered all over the country.

The secretariat, which provided office space for federal civil servants while Lagos served as the federal capital, was part of the Federal Government’s properties in Lagos that was offloaded into the property market between 2003 and 2006 by the Olusegun Obasanjo administration in the country.
I agree with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal / Photos Of Aliko Dangote’s $30Million Home - By Africadle.com / Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.