Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? (81623 Views)

Seven Must Watch Nollywood Movies 2020 / Watch Nollywood Movie "ALTER EGO" Starring Omotola Showing Now @ Enolly.com / Watch Unlimited Nollywood Movies Without Using Your Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by fredie107(m): 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2020
1. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when a coconut fell from the mango tree

2. I Stopped watching Nigerian Movies, when I saw a Ghost sweating

3. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I heard a blind woman saying "My son I'm happy to see you"

4. I stopped watching Nigerian Movies when a Ghost looked left and right to see if it's safe to cross the road

5. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I heard Nadia Buhari say "you know how much your family wants to have a male son" WTF! A Female son ni.

6. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when mama G put poison in the food then tasted it

7. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when Mary told Joseph that she was pregnant And Joseph replied::Jesus Christ , how did this happen??

8. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I saw a lady putting poison in someone's food and she tasted to see if the poison was enough

9. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I once watched one of their movie trailer that was 30 mins long.

10. When its been 15 minutes and the people in the Nigerian movie are STILL crying

11. I stopped Watching Nigerian Movies When an Armed Robber Removed His Shoes Before Entering The House

12. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when i heard this statement 'the man dat u murdered is dead'.

13. I stopped watching Nigerian movies the day I was watching a movie about the birth of Jesus Christ. Maria: Joseph, I am pregnant. Joseph : Jesus Christ!! How? Jesus is not even born yet

14. Once u see an actress vomiting in a Nigerian movie, she's pregnant. That's the only way they know how to portray pregnancy

15. “35 years later” But the dog in the compound is still alive

16. saw a movie recently, and they wrote "14 years ago" trying to show us past events but to greatest surprise, I saw young man wearing 2018 Nigeria World Cup kit.

You can add yours, lets have fun.

Picture Of A Ghost Making A Phone Call In A Nollywood Movie

274 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by chatinent: 10:22pm On Feb 17, 2020
The poo they act is meaningless and a replica of what they've been doing before.
- No good graphic.
- Copied film tricks.
- Greedy producer who is also director, asst., manager, drummer, script writer etc.
An effing story.

366 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by chiiraq802(m): 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2020
I stopped watching Nigeria movies, when armed robbers shot a man on his forehead, as he was falling down, the man exclaimed ...."Ohhh I'm dead"....
Who dii fxxk!! does dat grin

There was this popular movie a "ghost had to knock at a door before entering that particular room".....hehehe

189 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by fredie107(m): 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2020
chiiraq802:
I stopped watching Nigeria movies, when armed robbers shot a man on his forehead, as he was falling down, the man exclaimed ...."Ohhh I'm dead"....
Who dii fxxk!! does dat grin

grin grin grin grin grin

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by BankyGee(m): 6:48am On Feb 18, 2020
I stopped watching Nigerian films:
- When I saw electric poles inside evil forest! Sh!t, are the evil spirits charging their phones?
- When I saw empty Viju milk can in Heaven
- When a man was shot in the leg but has bandage on his head and arms in the hospital angry

285 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Yorubaskullmine: 10:02am On Feb 18, 2020
Lalasticlala front page

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Simplebeauty: 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2020
grin

I have some info you would like
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by miteolu(m): 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2020
When ghost afraid to cross road
Subtitles

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Pidginwhisper: 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
grin
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Kwamecron(m): 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
Seriously
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Kendumazy(m): 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
Mostly Nollywood movies these days are easily predictable.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Roadtoyesterday: 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
pls stop Condeming then joo, ofcos Hollywood also have many flaws, I was watching "strike back" few days ago, I had to stop at season 3,even when I had the rest of the season with me,
imagine a single soldier, going for several missions in various African countries, to spy, sneaking and beating heavy securities on ground.
What Hangers me most was, him shooting many shooters but the opponent bullet will never hit him, and his always hit the target.
Dropping his gun, just to fight another that is heavyly armed with bear hand combat.

We. All have flaws but that nollywood is worst though, especially their subtitles

322 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Bolacarpainter: 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
No natural talents like before

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Mayhem999: 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
grin

Seeing one of the producers or camera men (I dunno which) through a glass window in the house eating eba hungrily and it just didn't occur to them that they should reshoot or edit that part did it for me.

Haven't seen any Nigerian movie aside king of boiz in over a decade.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by 1Sharon(f): 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
Not funnny

1 Like

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by simplepee(f): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
Very funny people with their silly mistakes and errors grin. But

I will never stop watching. If not for anything but for the morals and good lessons. Hollywood don't teach us that.

Bollywood is still my best though kiss

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by theoneJabulani(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
When you realize actresses wear makeup to bed

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Bighead9: 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
Igbos no go kiiii person grin grin

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by smarttz(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
I stop watching it.. When the actresses turned it as an advertisement platform to sell there market

12 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Onyekachi419(f): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
Their's this Nigerian movie that I watched, the starting was cool till the ghost said he is tied of fetching firewood and he was breathing heavily. angry

tartar9:
Igbos almost destroyed our movie industry.Abysmal quality is always their usual trademark
Thank God for Yoruba's that we now have movies which are,at least,cinema worthy.
"The yoruba" movies you watch in cinema does it contain only yoruba actors

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Larryfest(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
Hmmm, even they are to be sharing naija movies free of charge God forbid I accept it. I have never used my 1kobo to buy any of their movies before and never will too. Bad acting, bad sound at times, poor concept, poor everything.

9 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by tartar9(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
Igbos almost destroyed our movie industry.Abysmal quality is always their usual trademark
Thank God for Yoruba's that we now have movies which are,at least,cinema worthy.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Clicked: 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
Everyone bashing Naija movies but before we started watching oyinbo film na wetin everybody dey watch oo.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by DropsMic(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
The only thing i have to say is.... LOVE YOURS

Even Hollywood dey produce messed up movies.. But you don't see their country men going around shouting Hollywood is trash.

20 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by AGUBANZE(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
In as much as we guys are criticizing, Nollywood it’s the second highest movie producers after Indias Bollywood . Couple with our epileptic electricity supply they built a million dollar industry from nothing but pure dedication and a lot of people are benefiting and are employed by this industry.

Don’t forget the highly acclaimed movies like Lionsheart and the likes of others .

They sure have their share of challenges but great success is achieved through practice and experiments . Nobody got it right overnight.

We should appreciate ours too.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Okuda(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
a male son is apt by Nadia Buari. look at Bob. he is a female son. you have to be specific with the things you want.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by TechCapon(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
grin grin
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by optimus106(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
Olodo

I stopped reading your post when I noticed number 6 and 8 were the same thing.

Next plz

I fink you ran out of ideas.

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2020
Nigeria movies can be frustrating at times..

Have watched a nigeria movie that was shot in one single house funny enuf the movie carry part 1-4 oo

Their action movie na another bruhahaha, imagine shot some1 inside car, glass no break but bullet hit its target ...

Odi egwu African magic we dey hail oo

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by voltron14: 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2020
Poor grammar usage.

Hardly scientific, hardly enlightening, hardly intriguing.

...And that soundtrack

25 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Authoreety: 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2020
Na poem?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BBNaija: Top 5 Housemates Who Earned More Money This Season / BBNaija: Alex Removes Her Top, Bares Boobs On Live TV / Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.