Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? (81681 Views)

Seven Must Watch Nollywood Movies 2020 / Watch Nollywood Movie "ALTER EGO" Starring Omotola Showing Now @ Enolly.com / Watch Unlimited Nollywood Movies Without Using Your Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by ibnlawal(m): 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2020
For many reasons like this

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by tchidi066(f): 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2020
Lol... But they are improving

1 Like

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by realwiz1(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
Hmm me that I’ve watched Nigerian film that took 40 minutes for flashback, lol no fit vex

9 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
Who told you Nigerians dont watch Nollywood movies?

I rather watch Charles Inojie and laugh than watching one nonsense horror film that will add negativity to my life.

I cannot kill myself

4 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by kollysnut(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
fredie107:
1. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when a coconut fell from the mango tree

2. I Stopped watching Nigerian Movies, when I saw a Ghost sweating

3. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I heard a blind woman saying "My son I'm happy to see you"

4. I stopped watching Nigerian Movies when a Ghost looked left and right to see if it's safe to cross the road

5. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I heard Nadia Buhari say "you know how much your family wants to have a male son" WTF! A Female son ni.

6. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when mama G put poison in the food then tasted it

7. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when Mary told Joseph that she was pregnant And Joseph replied::Jesus Christ , how did this happen??

8. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I saw a lady putting poison in someone's food and she tasted to see if the poison was enough

9. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I once watched one of their movie trailer that was 30 mins long.

10. When its been 15 minutes and the people in the Nigerian movie are STILL crying

11. I stopped Watching Nigerian Movies When an Armed Robber Removed His Shoes Before Entering The House

12. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when i heard this statement 'the man dat u murdered is dead'.

13. I stopped watching Nigerian movies the day I was watching a movie about the birth of Jesus Christ. Maria: Joseph, I am pregnant. Joseph : Jesus Christ!! How? Jesus is not even born yet

14. Once u see an actress vomiting in a Nigerian movie, she's pregnant. That's the only way they know how to portray pregnancy

15. “35 years later” But the dog in the compound is still alive

16. saw a movie recently, and they wrote "14 years ago" trying to show us past events but to greatest surprise, I saw young man wearing 2018 Nigeria World Cup kit.

You can add yours, lets have fun.

Picture Of A Ghost Making A Phone Call In A Nollywood Movie

lol.......stopped watching a long time ago...

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by BarrSly: 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
A
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2020
The shouting puts me off!
The shouting can make your neighbor call the police on you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by zoer(m): 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2020
I stopped wen i saw Tony umez sporit drinking water.

3 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Oluwasaeon(m): 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
1Sharon:
Not funnny
They are funny

1 Like

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by OlujobaSamuel: 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
Lol
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
Lol.
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by senatorude2: 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
� � � � �
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Sunnybabe(m): 1:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
grin cheesy
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by bluefilm: 1:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
I don't watch Nollywood movies because the sex is never stimulating enough.

7 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Nastofar(f): 1:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
I stopped watching Nigeria films long time ago. The soundtrack always overpower their conversations

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by toffyz(m): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
when an accident occurred and the car involved doesn't even have any collision but it was shown that all the occupants of the car were killed in the accident.

Bush shit!

10 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Tunex252(m): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
Damn niggarrrrr
Nigerians produce movies anyhow without a review committee to check the movies, that's the reason why they make little mistakes

1 Like

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
Story line too shallow and too many errors in their translation especially the Yoruba movies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by shogsman(m): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
fredie107:
1. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when a coconut fell from the mango tree

2. I Stopped watching Nigerian Movies, when I saw a Ghost sweating

3. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I heard a blind woman saying "My son I'm happy to see you"

4. I stopped watching Nigerian Movies when a Ghost looked left and right to see if it's safe to cross the road

5. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I heard Nadia Buhari say "you know how much your family wants to have a male son" WTF! A Female son ni.

6. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when mama G put poison in the food then tasted it

7. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when Mary told Joseph that she was pregnant And Joseph replied::Jesus Christ , how did this happen??

8. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I saw a lady putting poison in someone's food and she tasted to see if the poison was enough

9. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I once watched one of their movie trailer that was 30 mins long.

10. When its been 15 minutes and the people in the Nigerian movie are STILL crying

11. I stopped Watching Nigerian Movies When an Armed Robber Removed His Shoes Before Entering The House

12. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when i heard this statement 'the man dat u murdered is dead'.

13. I stopped watching Nigerian movies the day I was watching a movie about the birth of Jesus Christ. Maria: Joseph, I am pregnant. Joseph : Jesus Christ!! How? Jesus is not even born yet

14. Once u see an actress vomiting in a Nigerian movie, she's pregnant. That's the only way they know how to portray pregnancy

15. “35 years later” But the dog in the compound is still alive

16. saw a movie recently, and they wrote "14 years ago" trying to show us past events but to greatest surprise, I saw young man wearing 2018 Nigeria World Cup kit.

You can add yours, lets have fun.

Picture Of A Ghost Making A Phone Call In A Nollywood Movie

Are you by anyway related to lai Muhammed?
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by naijacentric(m): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
tartar9:
Igbos almost destroyed our movie industry.Abysmal quality is always their usual trademark
Thank God for Yoruba's that we now have movies which are,at least,cinema worthy.
divide and rule dont u get tired

6 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by vincentjk(m): 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2020
Once saw a CG bike parked in a bush in one village Nigerian film like that

1 Like

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by naijacentric(m): 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2020
DropsMic:
The only thing i have to say is.... LOVE YOURS

Even Hollywood dey produce messed up movies.. But you don't see their country men going around shouting Hollywood is trash.
God bless you that is why new bees travel dey are shocked with what they seee grin
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by KrazyDave16(m): 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2020
I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I noticed that movies that'll end at season 5 (insert confused meme) were reshot but with different name, same villain, same storyline same hero(es) and difference might be just addition of 1 actor (anyone remember shina Rambo?).

1 Like

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by wonlasewonimi: 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2020
Car accident in nollywood is extraordinary

6 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by chukavigi: 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
If there's anything Nollyhood needs to fix, it has to be their script. [urlhttps://drumgist.com][/url] There are so many stories to be told. Go out there and get those stories.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by AngelUhate: 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
grin
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by safarigirl(f): 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
Nigerians don't have to watch Nolywiid movies, other Africans watch them a lot and are fine with it.

Most Nigerians are spoilt for choice, hence their ridiculous tastes at times

There are good and bad movies in every movie industry. I have seen Hollywood movies where they had gaffes as well.

Anyway, I watch Nollywood movies because of the relatability. Many of the stories are the realities of a lot of Nigerians, unlike watching Hollywood, whose stories I can't relate to half the time.

You just need to sieve the chaff from the wheat. There are a lot of great Nollywood movies, once you skip Ugezu J. Ugezu and anything that has unfamiliar faces like Destiny Etiko, you will find great movies.

12 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2020
U stopped watching it because u stupidly think its Igbo's affairs... Onye ofe oil

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by ednut1(m): 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2020
same lame story line. wicked inlaw or family, pregnancy, rituals . nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BBNaija: Top 5 Housemates Who Earned More Money This Season / BBNaija: Alex Removes Her Top, Bares Boobs On Live TV / Tacha & Mercy Eke: Are These The Hottest Girls On #bbnaija 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.