Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? (81665 Views)

Seven Must Watch Nollywood Movies 2020 / Watch Nollywood Movie "ALTER EGO" Starring Omotola Showing Now @ Enolly.com / Watch Unlimited Nollywood Movies Without Using Your Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Kiddllc: 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2020
The most annoying is spending about 35mins playing a sad tune and showing the same scene from different angles. Like wtf is the director smoking And to worsen the whole thing that same fvcked up tune will play until the end leading to part 2... That made me give up on them. Too dull and they lack creativity in all aspects. Or another one they will be showing lovers eating a meal for half an hour with no audible convo just another dumb soundtrack while they play love with the cheap wine and food... makes me just want to shoot somebody angry

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by nduchucks: 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2020
fredie107:
1. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when a coconut fell from the mango tree

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by WeRblessed(f): 6:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
voltron14:
Poor grammar usage.

Hardly scientific, hardly enlightening, hardly intriguing.

...And that soundtrack

Everyone in their movies says "how do you mean" instead of what do you mean.

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Sniper101(m): 6:19pm On Feb 18, 2020
LMAO grin

Sometime last week or so, I was in the sitting room playing soccer with my guys on PS3. One game ended and I had to hand over the Game Pad to the next guy, so I decided to use the time to go check up on my girl who was in the other room watching African Magic.

I got in, sat with her to see the movie for a bit. But...

Lo and Behold, it was a blind girl who was using a walk-stick to find her way around AN EVIL FOREST ...and she was actually searching for the Igwe's Staff of Office so that the Community would be saved from Doom; as the story goes.

Funny thing is...out of the six other normal girls who went into the Evil Forest in search of the Staff, it was the blind girl amongst the seven maidens who 'miraculously' found the Igwe's Staff grin

At a point I just shook my head and tried to get up to go out, but she held my hands and started laughing (she knows i have no love for Naija films and I usually see everything they try to act out as BS)

...that trash they acted with a Blind girl in an 'evil forest' is just ONE of the many reasons I don't like seeing a Naija movie
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2020
I recently started watching nollywood movies.
I have lamented about lots of thing I found disgusting there but I continued.
I must say that few of them are very good.
I actually went back to watch 2 again. They were so good.

I think director, script and actors paired helps a lot in making a wonderful movie.

Will continue. At least the one I can't stomach, I will skip.

What I hate most is the make up. Everybody wears wig with nasty looking nails. And the ladies are always exposing their boobs or wear children's clothes as adult's
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by neweraomo: 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2020
Basic123:

Best comments ever

there are millions of mistakes and errors in foreign movies too

"why will Merlin with such a power be a mere servants when he can just use his magic to make himself the king"

so many rubbish in foreign movies too.
you are very ignorant about foreign movies I can tell,don't you know Merlin is a true life story of a legendary wizard ,u don't know anything
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Kennitrust(m): 6:43pm On Feb 18, 2020
Roadtoyesterday:
pls stop Condeming then joo, ofcos Hollywood also have many flaws, I was watching "strike back" few days ago, I had to stop at season 3,even when I had the rest of the season with me,
imagine a single soldier, going for several missions in various African countries, to spy, sneaking and beating heavy securities on ground.
What Hangers me most was, him shooting many shooters but the opponent bullet will never hit him, and his always hit the target.
Dropping his gun, just to fight another that is heavyly armed with bear hand combat.

We. All have flaws but that nollywood is worst though, especially their subtitles
but you don't know say "actor no dey die grin grin grin
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by SenorFax(m): 7:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
chiiraq802:

There was this popular movie a "ghost had to knock at a door before entering that particular room".....hehehe
Seems you've never watched the conjuring, yeah, ghost do knock sometimes
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by lexy2014: 7:06pm On Feb 18, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

How many times do you laugh watching their movies?
How many times I laugh when I watch their movies has nothing to do with d question I asked u which is "is it only horror movies oyibos act"?
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Danniedpastor(m): 7:19pm On Feb 18, 2020
fredie107:

2. I Stopped watching Nigerian Movies, when I saw a Ghost sweating

3. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I heard a blind woman saying "My son I'm happy to see you"

4. I stopped watching Nigerian Movies when a Ghost looked left and right to see if it's safe to cross the road

5. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I heard Nadia Buhari say "you know how much your family wants to have a male son" WTF! A Female son ni.

6. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when mama G put poison in the food then tasted it

7. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when Mary told Joseph that she was pregnant And Joseph replied::Jesus Christ , how did this happen??

8. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I saw a lady putting poison in someone's food and she tasted to see if the poison was enough

9. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I once watched one of their movie trailer that was 30 mins long.

10. When its been 15 minutes and the people in the Nigerian movie are STILL crying

11. I stopped Watching Nigerian Movies When an Armed Robber Removed His Shoes Before Entering The House

12. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when i heard this statement 'the man dat u murdered is dead'.

13. I stopped watching Nigerian movies the day I was watching a movie about the birth of Jesus Christ. Maria: Joseph, I am pregnant. Joseph : Jesus Christ!! How? Jesus is not even born yet

14. Once u see an actress vomiting in a Nigerian movie, she's pregnant. That's the only way they know how to portray pregnancy

15. “35 years later” But the dog in the compound is still alive

16. saw a movie recently, and they wrote "14 years ago" trying to show us past events but to greatest surprise, I saw young man wearing 2018 Nigeria World Cup kit.

You can add yours, lets have fun.

Picture Of A Ghost Making A Phone Call In A Nollywood Movie

You all talk trash about our movies.
Don't forget that Hollywood is over 300 years and Hollywood is not even up to 60years.
Have you even seen our recent movies? If yes, did you see any of those trash you stated.
Please for own good, stop watching movies on E-STAR TV.
FINALLY, STAY BLESSED
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Larryslim(m): 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2020
Roadtoyesterday:
pls stop Condeming then joo, ofcos Hollywood also have many flaws, I was watching "strike back" few days ago, I had to stop at season 3,even when I had the rest of the season with me,
imagine a single soldier, going for several missions in various African countries, to spy, sneaking and beating heavy securities on ground.
What Hangers me most was, him shooting many shooters but the opponent bullet will never hit him, and his always hit the target.
Dropping his gun, just to fight another that is heavyly armed with bear hand combat.

We. All have flaws but that nollywood is worst though, especially their subtitles
Strike back? I'm sure you're talking about Damian Scott and Stonebridge.
They are spies/ Intelligence agents, and if you are smart enough, you'd know that the Defence Intelligence(DI) doesn't send all their agents on mission around the world, there are particular ones deployed around the world.
If you actually truly watched Strike back, you'd know that Damian and Scott weren't the only agents involved in shooting, the series was just centred around them, and you also need to work on your English as much as your understanding of Series.

1 Like

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Roadtoyesterday: 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2020
Larryslim:

Strike back? I'm sure you're talking about Damian Scott and Stonebridge.
They are spies/ Intelligence agents, and if you are smart enough, you'd know that the Defence Intelligence(DI) doesn't send all their agents on mission around the world, there are particular ones deployed around the world.
If you actually truly watched Strike back, you'd know that Damian and Scott weren't the only agents involved in shooting, the series was just centred around them, and you also need to work on your English as much as your understanding of Series.
Thanks for the chikini advise
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by JastSiryin(m): 7:48pm On Feb 18, 2020
Mayhem999:
grin

Seeing one of the producers or camera men (I dunno which) through a glass window in the house eating eba hungrily and it just didn't occur to them that they should reshoot or edit that part did it for me.

Haven't seen any Nigerian movie aside king of boiz in over a decade.
Laughed hard when I read this grin. Barely watch movies nowadays sef, but nollywood movies are a total no no
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by victorazyvictor(m): 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
lexy2014:

So Americans were able to predict Avengers end game?

Is Avengers American story?
Avengers is a fiction movie, didn't u see part of African theme there?
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by lexy2014: 7:57pm On Feb 18, 2020
victorazyvictor:

Is Avengers American story?
Avengers is a fiction movie, didn't u see part of African theme there?

No oh. Avengers is a Chinese movie with a Chinese story line. Which country does d storyline revolve around?were are d superheros in avengers from? Who wrote d stories? Who acted d stories? Where was d plot of d several avenger movies? What percentage of black panther was represented in d avengers sequel?
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by stieyven(m): 8:02pm On Feb 18, 2020
fredie107:

2. I Stopped watching Nigerian Movies, when I saw a Ghost sweating

3. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I heard a blind woman saying "My son I'm happy to see you"

4. I stopped watching Nigerian Movies when a Ghost looked left and right to see if it's safe to cross the road

5. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I heard Nadia Buhari say "you know how much your family wants to have a male son" WTF! A Female son ni.

6. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when mama G put poison in the food then tasted it

7. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when Mary told Joseph that she was pregnant And Joseph replied::Jesus Christ , how did this happen??

8. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I saw a lady putting poison in someone's food and she tasted to see if the poison was enough

9. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when I once watched one of their movie trailer that was 30 mins long.

10. When its been 15 minutes and the people in the Nigerian movie are STILL crying

11. I stopped Watching Nigerian Movies When an Armed Robber Removed His Shoes Before Entering The House

12. I stopped watching Nigerian movies when i heard this statement 'the man dat u murdered is dead'.

13. I stopped watching Nigerian movies the day I was watching a movie about the birth of Jesus Christ. Maria: Joseph, I am pregnant. Joseph : Jesus Christ!! How? Jesus is not even born yet

14. Once u see an actress vomiting in a Nigerian movie, she's pregnant. That's the only way they know how to portray pregnancy

15. “35 years later” But the dog in the compound is still alive

16. saw a movie recently, and they wrote "14 years ago" trying to show us past events but to greatest surprise, I saw young man wearing 2018 Nigeria World Cup kit.

You can add yours, lets have fun.

Picture Of A Ghost Making A Phone Call In A Nollywood Movie
DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN. The Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain. EXODUS 20 :7
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by picaso313(m): 8:02pm On Feb 18, 2020
I stopped watching Naija movies when a land enter a hotel room wit a guy.. her hair do was a deacon and she came out from the hotel with Attachment.(all back)... my wife was like who made her hair inside the hotel room

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by victorazyvictor(m): 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
lexy2014:

No oh. Avengers is a Chinese movie with a Chinese story line. Which country does d storyline revolve around?were are d superheros in avengers from? Who wrote d stories? Who acted d stories? Where was d plot of d several avenger movies? What percentage of black panther was represented in d avengers sequel?

Bros! Dey reason naa.

Avengers na fiction movie.
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by comtem2011: 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2020
theoneJabulani:
When you realize actresses wear makeup to bed
and seeing them with heavy make up early in the morning trying to prepare their husband's breakfast.

I can't just imagine.
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Kennyswagz1(m): 8:31pm On Feb 18, 2020
Onyemize4:
How many of ur actors and actress pass zubby michael, yul edoechie, pet edochie, mama G, jim iyk, mercy johnson, Reginal daniel ewu
mercy johnson na ibo?
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by lexy2014: 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
victorazyvictor:

Bros! Dey reason naa.

How many movies made aren't fiction?
With all ur reasoning u said this: "didn't u see part of African theme there?"

Oga use ur reasoning to answer these simple questions:

lexy2014:

Which country does d storyline revolve around?were are d superheros in avengers from? Who wrote d stories? Who acted d stories? Where was d plot of d several avenger movies? What percentage of black panther was represented in d avengers sequel?
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Ogaonos: 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Or they can't afford these actors. And yeah I've seen some of them movies you mentioned and I truly enjoyed them, especially bling lagosians and merry men. But all the same, the existence of these movies still give nollywood a bad name
na jux time asaba nollywood will be face out Nd become Ibo lang.movies.with pple like baby w entering new nollywood even have a movie called sugar rush.saw d trailer e make sense.other like d banj,DT their music career is dwn go enter smallsmall DT new nollywood go b someelse na so music take start.
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by mechanics(m): 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2020
Am still watching Nollywood, but the aspect that makes laugh is the one they will hit a stone on someone and blood won't gush out.
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Ogaonos: 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
Onyemize4:
How many of ur actors and actress pass zubby michael, yul edoechie, pet edochie, mama G, jim iyk, mercy johnson, Reginal daniel ewu
lol u funny is u no even undastand my message mama G,gevenve nnaji, otega ,even nkem iwoh don port go new nollywood.even DT Regina Daniel have nt watch her movies can say much about her go enta new nollywood.pple are leaving asaba nollywood because is nw a shame Nd backward place to act.by d way we have Zainab balogun DT is jux too good of an actress plus bisola bbn housemate
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by xpmode(m): 9:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
DropsMic:
The only thing i have to say is.... LOVE YOURS

Even Hollywood dey produce messed up movies.. But you don't see their country men going around shouting Hollywood is trash.

Hollywood critics plenty for YouTube
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by MotiveU(f): 9:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
Clicked:
Everyone bashing Naija movies but before we started watching oyinbo film na wetin everybody dey watch oo.
India and Chinese movie
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by oblaak(m): 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2020
smarttz:
I stop watching it.. When the actresses turned it as an advertisement platform to sell there market
It’s like most people in the world cannot differentiate between ‘their and there’. Please try to read up
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by DropsMic(m): 10:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
xpmode:

Hollywood critics plenty for YouTube

Movie critic you mean.... There's a difference between mivie critic and someone who calls the entire movie industry of a nation trash
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by lexy2014: 10:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
victorazyvictor:

Bros! Dey reason naa.

And all d Nigerian films u watch are non fiction. With all ur reasoning, don't u no d meaning of fiction?
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Edoziesmart(m): 10:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
safarigirl:
Tchidi Chikere, not Mokeme

There is Chidi Mokeme, the actor, not to be confused with the director/actor/producer/writer Tchidi Chikere

Tyler Perry does the same thing, only him will write, produce, direct and act
Sorry I remembered now.
Not a fan of Nollywood, so I barely know there names.

Thanks for your correction
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by victorazyvictor(m): 10:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
lexy2014:

And all d Nigerian films u watch are non fiction. With all ur reasoning, don't u no d meaning of fiction?

Face front?
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Ivebeenbanned(f): 10:56pm On Feb 18, 2020
They promote stereotypes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BBNaija: Top 5 Housemates Who Earned More Money This Season / BBNaija: Alex Removes Her Top, Bares Boobs On Live TV / Tacha & Mercy Eke: Are These The Hottest Girls On #bbnaija 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.