Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,398 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler (70418 Views)

Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' / Why Your Husband Is Crazy About His Mistress And Is Not Ready To Let Her Go... / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
He’s trying to hide face bcox he’s still searching for a job and he’s not bringing anything to the table.
He feels bad sitting around the house when he knows at the end of the month. He doesn’t have the financial strength to offer his family anything.
His esteem is getting ruined. He’s ashamed of looking his family in the face like he has failed as a father & husband.

But he’s doing it the wrong way tho.

He will change when he gets a job. Pray he gets one quick

8 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Abfinest007(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
so
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by okpalaAnambra: 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
Ouchbabe:
Pls my fellow Nairalanders,

I have been married for 8years now. My husband is nice and caring but I don't like the fact that he likes moving at night. He comes home as late as 12am.

He is currently looking for a job now and most times his reason for coming home late is because he is hanging out with friends. I have discussed this issue with him severally and expressed that I don't like his night movement. On such occasions he will promise not to come home late but the promise is never kept. I have told him the dangers of moving late in a city like Lagos.

The annoying part is that he is not coming home late from work rather because he i s with friends. Most times our young children will stay up late hoping to see him before going to bed but they will wait in vain as he will not be home before they will sleep off.

Note: Even though I'm working, I make sure the house is clean and food ready before he comes home. I don't nag and I'm good looking.

Pls I need suggestions on how to make him stop this night waka.

Please move to front page for wider view
You guys should relocate to Kaduna, ..after his first kidnap he will think twice before coming back late even by 7pm
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Akukaliaa(m): 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2020
cry

This reminds me of a certain character in Achebe's classical "Chike and the River". He was a night crawler and was later discovered to be a thief. You need to read that book.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by LyfeJennings(m): 10:19pm On Feb 18, 2020
Tim16:
You are working, but he doesn't have any job yet. He comes home late everyday at 12am. You clean the house and provide food for the family, upon that you don't nag, and you are good looking.

Madam you married a very very irresponsible man, and people like him always engage in careless sexual activities with random girls/prostitutes. Most times he could probably be in one brothel having fun. I just pray he shouldn't someday infect you with HIV. same thing happened to my aunty, her husband was living this kind of life and infected her with HIV and both of them died of AIDS living their 4 young kids miserable. It will only take a Divine intervention by the Almighty to change such a man and make him live responsibly... I pray God to come to your aid and touch your husband's heart to become responsible and respect his marriage. I will advice you to become a prayer warrior because of this for there is nothing God can not do. You don't only talk to him you also back it up with fervent prayer I bet you you will see result. May God bless your home. AMEN

Ode ni e
Ode Okunrin ni e
Over reasoning wan kill U
So cos he is jobless, he shouldn't go out
Do U even realize this isn't something he started when he lost his job
What should he be doing at home knowing fully well he can clinch something on the street. A job, contract or something.
See as U dey reason like mosquito
Not every guy that keeps late night is out there with some girl, U know
I got my current job as a result of my late night Waka waka. And this job pays me 4 times my former job with full benefits.
Reason like a man and not an e-diot

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Yoighaman(m): 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2020
@OP: Very simple solution.

Work the kids to bed before 12am, once they are asleep, hang around your home until you see him come in, step in 5mins after with a somewhat reasonable explanation in mind, do this for a couple of days and observe him turn a new leaf.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Segeshow: 10:21pm On Feb 18, 2020
Three letters MFM.
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by HIGHSTAKE647: 10:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
We give loans to Business Around Ajah , lekki , VI and environs we can give upto (50m) kindly check my signature
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by shadeyinka(m): 10:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
Ouchbabe:

I have been married for 8years now. My husband is nice and caring but I don't like the fact that he likes moving at night. He comes home as late as 12am.

Send 13 hard street boys to waylay him and beat him up telling him he stole their ogas girlfriend. When this happens 3 times after 11pm, he'll learn to stay home

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by cooltola(m): 10:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
Sometime it is time to play chess with your husband , Madam. If he come home late, then stop making his food . If he continues to come late, step it up with another action, then he will know you are not playing around. Just do not kill him or do anything against the law

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by LyfeJennings(m): 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2020
Ouchbabe:

He is currently looking for a job now and most times his reason for coming home late is because he is hanging out with friends. I have discussed this issue with him severally and expressed that I don't like his night movement. On such occasions he will promise not to come home late but the promise is never kept. I have told him the dangers of moving late in a city like Lagos.

The annoying part is that he is not coming home late from work rather because he i s with friends. Most times our young children will stay up late hoping to see him before going to bed but they will wait in vain as he will not be home before they will sleep off.

Note: Even though I'm working, I make sure the house is clean and food ready before he comes home. I don't nag and I'm good looking.

Look young woman, me I go dey blunt with U
Don't create issues where there are none.
If U don't like his night crawling habit
Just keep advising him and praying for him esp now that he doesn't have a job. Trust me, that guy knows Ur worth. His hanging out doesn't translate to cheating. He might be out there waiting for some link or connect. Please keep Ur mind at rest, pray for him and NEVER ATOP ADVISING HIM. Things would turn around.... God bless U and DONT FOLLOW SOME OF THE FOOLISH ADVISE I READ HERE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Patosky4U: 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2020
Madam if ur husband is a gamer then forget it.. We can sleep over in friend house just to play game tire, the most stupid aspect be say every day you come back to the game you we never get tired, you we like to defeat ur Friend by all means
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 18, 2020
igbojay:
Madam, you just said you married a good man but the only issue you have is the fact that he is not always there and the reason is not even good enough.

You are too young to become a widow and you should explain it to him in this manner. Calmly, without sounding authoritative or like his mother.

You husband is in a very difficult position right now. A man's joy is in ability to prove atleast the basics for his family. The triple Fs this brings him is what feeds his emotions and keeps him sane.

Your hubby is passing through a psychological phase due to his inability to prove for his family. Perhaps his plans are not working, he is tired of seeing you return from work which he stays at home all day, so he leaves when you are about to return from work and stays out till its late, so can atleast avoid the possibility of friction.

Help him. Just make him happy on any given day. If he likes to sex, give him the best of sex. If he likes food, prepare him something nice and massage his ego.

See if you can help me get a job. I beleive that's what he would do if he were in your shoe. You can also discuss his options with him. Perhaps the next phase is to start a business.

Just give him the triple Fs and discuss his options with him as the caring and loving wife that you are.

Moreover, him bringing in some cash will lessen your stress and put some smile on your face. Help his ability to feed and cater for his family which includes his queen and not feed the family.

Walk him back to himself and not judge him. He is lost and needs you now more than ever. Go bring your man home.

Show me a depressed man, and I might show you a man who is angry with himself cos he can't provide for his family.

I love this!
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by cooltola(m): 10:25pm On Feb 18, 2020
LyfeJennings:

Look young woman, me I go dey blunt with U
Don't create issues where there are none.
If U don't like his night crawling habit
Just keep advising him and praying for him esp now that he doesn't have a job. Trust me, that guy knows Ur worth. His hanging out doesn't translate to cheating. He might be out there waiting for some link or connect. Please keep Ur mind at rest, pray for him and NEVER ATOP ADVISING HIM. Things would turn around.... God bless U and DONT FOLLOW SOME OF THE FOOLISH ADVISE I READ HERE.
A married man that come home late at 12am is a cause of concern

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by jaxxy(m): 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2020
Ouchbabe:

If he isn't completely tired of u cos of nagging or other unknown issues then it's just due to a bad habit he has picked up and his new closer circle of frnds. They keep u out for no sensible reason and u feel because we are all out it's probably not so late afterall bt truth is it's damn late and u cud be doing smtn else more productive with that time of careless, carefree and mostly unproductive hangouts.

I was in his shoes once b4 and unconsciously I was so used to it I felt it was normal and it was abnormal to get home as early as 9pm, it had to be 11/12 pm untill I intentionally reduced communication with those frnds and got more private time for myself and other productive things.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Bear007(m): 10:27pm On Feb 18, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Your question arises from the fact that you don't know people change?

They have been married for 8 years. In that span of time, the man in question may have changed job twice or more, met a new circle of friends through being a dad, and this 'night crawler' attitude sprung up from such changes in his life.

Op, I don't know how to advise you sha, except to sit him down one day, calmly explain to him your fears (use evidence from news websites to support your argument) and then leave him be. Don't use worry and give yourself high blood pressure.

I've tok my own finish.

Let OP answer the question na... Abi you are OP spokesperson ni

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Drakkernoir: 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2020
magkhan:
OP,

You don't know the internal battles he is facing as an unemployed person/father/husband. Allow him unwind as he see fit. He is an adult. You said he is caring, so let him be please.

Probably when he get's the job it might reduce.

Use the alone time to relax for the next day hustle.

Be at peace.

Most sensible reply soo far

God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by LyfeJennings(m): 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
cooltola:

A married man that come home late at 12am is a cause of concernt

Trust me, it is not in all cases.
Yes in some cases, it might be seen as irresponsible but we all are not the same. Going by the narrative, this guy is jobless. He might be out there trying to make something happen for himself. No one wants to be a deadbeat. Always give a second thought. A benefit of doubt. Look at the glass half filled and half empty, then U would find a perfect answer

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by YourGrandfather: 10:32pm On Feb 18, 2020
Na ppl like you dey stab husband.

Parrie:
lock him inside for 2 week

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by alizma: 10:33pm On Feb 18, 2020
Ouchbabe:

Since you have done all this and he still come late, it is time you change your method. From now on, act as if you are in support of his coming late, any day he made attempt to stay at home, ask if he will not be hanging out with his friends, ask like twice or trice in a day. Make sure you always welcome him politely. It will get to a point when he will feel like there is something that is happening behind his watch and he will want to know what it is. The moment you noticed he starts staying home more than usual, start cooking his best meal and arrange for family outing and all that. But make sure you arrange for the kids to go to bed on time so that both of you can spend quality time jisting and doing all the do s. Success
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by WeRblessed(f): 10:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
Ouchbabe:

I know it doesn't make sense, but just leave him alone. Continue to pray for him and being a good wife. No nagging or disrespect him. His lack of job is keeping him out. Hence, he's just too ashamed to stay home even though you don't mind, but man's ego is bigger than this world. Respect him, feed him, pray for him, and do some networking for him and see if there's any job openings around and all will be well. God bless your marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by arowstev2000: 10:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
Beg d governor Mr � to declare curfew 7pm to 5am, do this and thank me later.
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by smellingpussy442: 10:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
women can complain, what ur problem gan abi u are the problem in dia man life? Let him be abeg.
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by sheriffindy(m): 10:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
A relation of mine is having the same experience with his husband. When they were dating, she thought he would change, now with four kids he still lives the same lifestyle. She has talked, cried, fought about it with him, nothing changed.

Now, she has her kids for company, doesnt bother him again. He now comes home to a quiet house, the kids don't even bother to ask why dad is not home yet.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Wasky101: 10:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
Ouchbabe:

Don't be quick to judge, I believe you are a guy. Loosing your job cum position as d bread winner is a hard thing to deal with.
Just like I advised you I will not judge either of them.
Madam Op if your husband is a night crawler deal with it. Some people thrive better staying Bin up late.
Giving the fact that he doesn't have I job I doubt if he is out partying till late
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Stallion93(m): 10:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
Didn’t you know he is a night crawler before you got married?
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Skillsnigeria: 10:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
The Lord will deliver you

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
men are like that we love to hang out, that where the business is struck and new jobs found via contacts not sitting at home ....last year i made around Bleep millions via contacts i meet socialising at a top lounge ...he will stop ober time .....i hope he not a womansier sga

Exactly especially the island life,business is business and sometimes people like to drink, relax and discuss business. That is the new Lagos close niche circle these days. All man must find him way

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by tunize(m): 10:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
Pray wit faith and works, don't nag wen he comes in welcome him, give him food follow am talk show am love even ask am join how was his day trust me ur husband go advice himself to stop.
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by Josh44s(m): 10:50pm On Feb 18, 2020
Ouchbabe:

Just talk to him calmly about your fear for him. Especially police people in that Lagos. Worry am well well o let him stop it.
Re: Help! My Husband Is A Night Crawler by OkunrinMeta: 10:54pm On Feb 18, 2020
Ouchbabe:

If I was jobless, I wouldn't want to sit at home. It'll make me depressed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside / Paul Bolton, 68-Year-Old Briton Is Looking For His Yoruba Father, Femi Odiendie / Father & Daughter Banished From Nnobi, Anambra For Incest That Produced 2 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.