Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? (72181 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by VirusOO7(m): 10:20am On Feb 25, 2020
There's nothing to miss here... I wake up everyday, look at myself in the mirror with all the ambundance of skills I've absorbed myself. And I can't help but think of how much I'm wasting away.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by NiklauseFred(m): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
aminu114:
man you are going nowhere

I pity you cos my spirit don already reach Yankee tey tey grin
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Drenimarcus(m): 5:58am On Feb 26, 2020
YorubaLord:

Where you dey for MN? cool

Sorry i was banned lol, my city is before Albert Lea.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Drenimarcus(m): 5:58am On Feb 26, 2020
LegendHero:

You can get this for USA nao.

Palm wine
Suya
Asun
Guinness
Star larger
Etc.

I will personally take you where you will see all this in ATL. All bills on me.

Wow, I got folks in ATL, I will sure hit you up during summer if that’s okay with you?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by LegendHero(m): 5:59am On Feb 26, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Wow, I got folks in ATL, I will sure hit you up during summer if that’s okay with you?

Yes bro. Hit me up anytime you’re in the city.

One love.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Drenimarcus(m): 6:04am On Feb 26, 2020
LegendHero:

Yes bro. Hit me up anytime you’re in the city.

One love.

Sure I will, bless up bro

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by molybdenum0012: 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
sirhamilton:

Ignorance is bad cry

You so right on that. That guy knows next to nothing
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by TheCongo2: 7:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
queengift:
I can't wait to leave Nigeria too, one day I will come back to this thread and state my own regrets, but I doubt I will miss anything in Nigeria expect family.

Queengift . Is that you ?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Sparrow0: 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2020
TheEnforcer:
You are staunchly pro Nigeria since you work in the oil sector and is handsomely paid.I doubt millions of unemployed, underemployed and struggling Nigeri youths will share your views
Lol the guy/man is obsessed with loans
I couldn't even read past 4 paragraphs
Let me leave this country first then I'll come back to this thread and quote him with some pics
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Thegamingorca(m): 6:18am On Feb 27, 2020
Mancala:

WeRblessed,
I sure hope your spidey senses are tingling cause mine are bugging out on your behalf

Maybe she wants a social experience grin

I wish justwise had seen this

And I hope we aren't too late
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by queengift(f): 6:49am On Feb 27, 2020
TheCongo2:

Queengift . Is that you ?

Yes dear

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Kenn55: 2:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
My points are if u are doing well in NIgeria 500k and above over 35 dont move to America to go wash plate or do guard or go canada and start driving uber ...but if u are yound under 30 , no job or poorly paid or u get scholarships or paid phd in stem course then move to america ...the des peration and huge expectation and false narrative is responsible for yahoo boys in America

Hmmm. Anyone who has the opportunity and means to give himself and family a second citizenship should better do it now while there is still opportunity. There is nothing as sweet as having options. A time will come when it will no longer be possible especially this one now that your president is now releasing boko haram members into the society claiming they have repented and the world is watching how terrorists now repent from their sins
People who have good plans for themselves and are patient don't wash plates for life. The good thing here is that people change career all the time. It is not uncommon to see a 45 years old man in college doing another course so as to move to another career after working in another field for 15 years. Nobody looks at age here to give a job. In fact, age is not written on your resume so nobody knows how old you are even if you are starting a new career by 40.
While there are a lot of people migrating abroad with false narrative as you said and would definitely end up disappointed but the truth is that those fall into the overwhelming category of Nigerians whose mindset is all about Money, Houses, Cars and bank account and nothing else matter to them in this life. So when we are talking about migrating abroad, let us understand that people are migrating for different reasons and put it in proper context. Have you not seen professional players who took a pay cut to play for another team like Real Madrid and Barca? By the way, Ighalo took a pay cut to join Man Utd on Loan and that is the same reason someone may live his 500k job in Nigeria to migrate.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by GoodFaith: 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2020
VirusOO7:
There's nothing to miss here... I wake up everyday, look at myself in the mirror with all the ambundance of skills I've absorbed myself. And I can't help but think of how much I'm wasting away.

I am 100% sure you miss your family
33 years counting miss family that are not here
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by GoodFaith: 3:24pm On Feb 27, 2020
One of the greatest problem with Nigerians and other foreign nationality is living what I call two life
Investing in Nigeria and at the same time investing in their present home
Why the native of the country you live in that make the same income like you have two Harley Davidson and all the toys
Sad

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Dollywood(m): 2:02am On Feb 28, 2020
[quote author=Jackipapa post=86842121][/quote]

Which country is that?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Komu1048(m): 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
sowilli:
Do I owe you any explanation?why can’t you use your own brain to figure? Dangote Na yahoo abi. Abi the guys hustling here online Na yahoo. Abi seun wey get Nairaland Na yahoo. Na man like you get Nairaland oo. You dey ask me nonsense question.

Dumb reply, when u know you don't have the answer u can as well snub it
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Stuntxyz94: 6:10am On Feb 29, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
i stay in Kazakhstan and sincerely no place like home. this country have same resources as we do but mismanagement n bad leaders wouldnt allow us to move forward. Nigeria and Nigerians r blessed. we have all d resources to move forward but we ourselves dont want to

Are you still in Kazakhstan?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 8:51am On Mar 02, 2020
YES
Stuntxyz94:

Are you still in Kazakhstan?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by TheCongo2: 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2020
queengift:

Yes dear

Lol
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Teeklef(m): 10:51am On Mar 03, 2020
Lmao!!!shey u dey whine me ni.
Still in Nigeria but if am to leave Nigeria, the only thing am going to miss is my flight back to Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by nnamdi65(m): 12:29am On Mar 05, 2020
Pls wch country are u at
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by fvckchina: 6:18am On Mar 05, 2020
the only regret is, in black countries it is totally ok to abuse other races in the name of anti-racism-against-blacks , but in the outside world, it is forbidden.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by fvckchina: 6:20am On Mar 05, 2020
feelgoodstuffs:
I don't think anyone would have regrets leaving Nigeria cheesy

chinese and indians dont agree . they like your beautiful country.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by rinzaugustine: 11:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
My points are if u are doing well in NIgeria 500k and above over 35 dont move to America to go wash plate or do guard or go canada and start driving uber ...but if u are yound under 30 , no job or poorly paid or u get scholarships or paid phd in stem course then move to america ...the des peration and huge expectation and false narrative is responsible for yahoo boys in America
You see what
Nigeria has done to your life..say this in front of a 10 year old and they will think you are a piece of relic from the past.Machines wash plates in most homes in the US now ..not to talk of business..hahaha.America gives you the option to do whatever you want with your life

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Beautyaddy: 1:02am On Mar 06, 2020
fvckchina:

chinese and indians dont agree . they like your beautiful country.

Yes!...they like Nigeria because of its chronic lawlessness and Corruption. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Jamestown123: 9:42am On Mar 06, 2020
Spanishmilf:
NO Are u supporting him??
y u come dey vex when u never go US?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Spanishmilf(m): 10:26am On Mar 06, 2020
Jamestown123:
y u come dey vex when u never go US?
Is that my question?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Jaqenhghar: 12:46pm On Mar 06, 2020
VolvoS60:

^^^
Fair points.

But those damn laws exist for a reason. They exist (and are enforced) because your private actions have social costs. In rules based societies you will pay a significant price when your private actions have high social costs. In Nigeria unfortunately, that is not the case. In general, I do not pay any price in Nigeria when my private actions have high social costs. And that, sir/madam is why those rules-based societies are what they are - and Nigeria is what it is. grin

That in a nutshell, explains the 'apparent' lack of freedom in these rules based societies. But these societies have mastered the concept and enforcement of a simple rule: My right or freedom to throw a punch ends where someone else's face begins.
Dobt mind them. They are used to doing whatever they like. In that country its always who pass who and its one constant struggle to outdo the person. When you get to outdo others you are expected to walk all over them and trample on their rights. Only animals in the wild behave that way. Then they come to talk about how fúcked the country is. You set fire to something, it burns and you complain that it is burning. Is that not madness?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

How I Started My Tricycle (Keke) Business & How Much I Make In A Day (Photo) / My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.