Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? (72288 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Spanishmilf(m): 5:22pm On Feb 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
The racial and ethnic makeup of U.S. prisons continues to look substantially different from the demographics of the country as a whole. In 2017, blacks represented 12% of the U.S. adult population but 33% of the sentenced prison population. Whites ..
.over 700 k black people are in prison
I don't seem to understand your point about USA
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Beautyaddy: 5:26pm On Feb 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
We’ve long since reached the point where gun violence is a public health crisis. It is the leading cause of premature death in the US—killing more than 38,000 people and causing 85,000 injuries each year. This more than the number killed in boko haram ,arm robber and herdmen attack in Nigeria
ahiboilandgas:
The racial and ethnic makeup of U.S. prisons continues to look substantially different from the demographics of the country as a whole. In 2017, blacks represented 12% of the U.S. adult population but 33% of the sentenced prison population. Whites ..
.over 700 k black people are in prison

ahiboilandgas:
The most fundamental aspect to achieving financial stability is a healthy savings account. The basic act of saving money over time so that funds can be drawn upon in case of an emergency is necessary when it comes to being financially secure. But according to recent data from the Federal Reserve Board, four in ten Americans are unable to come up with $400 in an unexpected emergency.

This is the fifth survey conducted by the Federal Reserve Board that looks at the overall economic health of Americans. Known as the ‘ Survey of Household Economics and Decision-making, ’ this study examined the income, employment, unexpected expenses, banking and credit, housing, education, and retirement planning of 12,000 individuals between November-December of 2017.

Although this data actually shows an improvement from 2013 when fifty percent of American adults could not cover the same expense, th

How does any of these relates to the discussions of the thread
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Beautyaddy: 5:30pm On Feb 24, 2020
Spanishmilf:

lol!

He/she needs to find a way to paint the US bad in order to compensate for the already bad and chronic failed situation Nigeria is facing. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Spanishmilf(m): 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
lordally:

Any idea on how much Sweden and South Korea would cost??

2ndly , can one work and school in South Korea at the same time?

3rdly after schooling in South Korea, can you stay permanently?
Yeap
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by ahiboilandgas: 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
Spanishmilf:
my point is there no prefect place ..u can make in Nigeria and u can make it in america too , u can also fail in america like wise Nigeria so people painting america as paradise and describing Nigeria as hell are wrong ....we attend tution free universities in Nigeria but Americans don't have that luxury....A nigeria train doctor that move west will be debt free while his american trained doctor will be in debt of 500k dollars....

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by ahiboilandgas: 5:53pm On Feb 24, 2020
Scandinavian nation and some oil rich arab nation have better quality of life more than American

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by dgee1(m): 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2020
could you please shed more light on the South Korea student visa route? Thanks
Spanishmilf:
That the best way to migrate legally
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Spanishmilf(m): 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
my point is there no prefect place ..u can make in Nigeria and u can make it in america too , u can also fail in america like wise Nigeria so people painting america as paradise and describing Nigeria as hell are wrong ....we attend tution free universities in Nigeria but Americans don't have that luxury....A nigeria train doctor that move west will be debt free while his american trained doctor will be in debt of 500k dollars....
Can u Share me a link or post a pic where immigrants are begging for food in america, or tenant and landlord get rent issue. Or share me link where Swat officers are killing Americans all in the name of they are suspected drug dealers and drug barons, share me link where soldier they deal with American citizen for wearing camo. Please am waiting

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by ahiboilandgas: 5:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
America is not haven like some people want us to believe..sars kill people in Nigeria like wise white police kills black people but same Maroon Nigeria will critize sars and glorify Nypd ....35000 people where killed in mass shooting (in a america) including several Nigeria victims study this will not be discus by Nigerians vs 22000 by boko haram all die na die ....Nigeria has a good side and bad side like wise america

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by ahiboilandgas: 5:59pm On Feb 24, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Can u Share me a link or post a pic where immigrants are begging for food in america, or tenant and landlord get rent issue. Or share me link where Swat officers are killing Americans all in the name of they are suspected drug dealers and drug barons, share me link where soldier they deal with American citizen for wearing camo. Please am waiting
google black life matter and food stamps
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Spanishmilf(m): 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
google black life matter and food stamps
I don't need to goggle anything I know u will mention black people, u and I know how black people (Akata) is in America.. Apart from that I don't get your point..
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by ahiboilandgas: 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Approximately 36 million people currently receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) assistance, otherwise known as food stamps, a federal program for low-income individuals and families to better afford food.6 Dis 2019
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by ahiboilandgas: 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
My points are if u are doing well in NIgeria 500k and above over 35 dont move to America to go wash plate or do guard or go canada and start driving uber ...but if u are yound under 30 , no job or poorly paid or u get scholarships or paid phd in stem course then move to america ...the des peration and huge expectation and false narrative is responsible for yahoo boys in America

7 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by rs172(m): 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
My points are if u are doing well in NIgeria 500k and above over 35 dont move to America to go wash plate or do guard or go canada and start driving uber ...but if u are yound under 30 , no job or poorly paid or u get scholarships or paid phd in stem course then move to america ...the des peration and huge expectation and false narrative is responsible for yahoo boys in America

Timesup247 wehdone ooo, you done come again abii
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Beautyaddy: 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Liar!

Which University is Free in Nigeria? And those so-called free Public Universities in Nigeria? Most are in very bad shape due to neglect and corruption.

Do you ever read of any University Staffs or lecturers going on endless strike in any University in the US unlike Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Spanishmilf(m): 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Approximately 36 million people currently receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) assistance, otherwise known as food stamps, a federal program for low-income individuals and families to better afford food.6 Dis 2019
listen to yourself food stamp and federal program is there any in Africa if I may ask u??
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Spanishmilf(m): 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2020
rs172:

Timesup247 wehdone ooo, you done come again abii
the guy dey vex me grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by dasparrow: 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
@ Post

I have no regrets leaving Nigeria. I was born overseas anyways and have spent a greater part of my life abroad. That being said though, I miss Nigerian food and I miss loved ones.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by rs172(m): 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
Spanishmilf:

America this America that, make e just get visiting visa lasan, he go dismiss from this country nii

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sirhamilton(m): 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Liar!

Which University is Free in Nigeria? And those so-called free Public Universities in Nigeria? Most are in very bad shape due to neglect and corruption.

Do you ever read of any University Staffs or lecturers going on endless strike in any University in the US unlike Nigeria

You never gonna win this argument, because it's against ignorant folks who based what say here on hearsays and what their friends or relatives who are illegal immigrants in Europe or America or folks might be going through and also individuals who are foolish enough to upload pages of their expired south Africa visiting visa stamps on here
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by ProfDave123: 8:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
Kazakhstan or Azerbaijan?
Kazakhstan
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by PregnantlySingu: 9:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
nairalanduseles:

Were re u
Fct
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by WeRblessed(f): 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
wizdomnzube:
Yeah I think you mentioned something like that in your previous comments. You also mentioned that she has been teaching you our language.

Yes, I speak and write Igbo fluently.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by PregnantlySingu: 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
BlindedIrony:
Ehmmm... Let me clear some misconception about the US that some people who have never been there believe. First thing first:

1) The number of homeless people in America is ACTUALLY 552,280, not 50 million like an idiot here mentioned earlier. This is exactly the data on whitehouse.gov. These data are accurate (unlike the numbers our Nigerian politicians throw around). American employment, social, disabled and other social data are gotten from social security and other records. An example goes like this: Say the American population is 350 million (twice Nigerian population, yet one of its 50 states called Texas is bigger than Nigeria), and one person gets a job, sick or disabled, the government track this because it is the only way people are helped. So there you go, folks, 552280 homeless people out of 327 million population. Not bad at all, right?! I was impressed too, so I took classes during my college years on how it happened to fully understand it.
2) There are so many jobs opportunities that they are constantly allowing hundreds of thousands of people into their country to fill the job vacancies. If you know anyone that moves to the US and he or she has problems finding a job, that is because they came with a visitor's visa. So, they overstayed and they wouldn't go back. You can't get a job (white or black) without a social security number (SSN). So, the jobless Nigerians you know here probably came with student visas or visitors. That's illegal when they try to work; when they do, it is probably shitty jobs like car washes where they are paid under the table (no tax). When they are discovered, they get in trouble along with the company that employed them. However, the Nigerians who came through the legal way- immigration visas are ALWAYS GAINFULLY employed. I have not met the so-called jobless Nigerians here, and I am yet to see one looking for a job. I know hundreds of Nigerians- all educated professionals or students.
3) There is NO SUCH THING AS OPEN DISCRIMINATION. This is not the pre-1960s. There is subtle racism or bias, but it is individuals. Mostly, few uneducated whites; not just afew whites, other races have afew people with bias and racism (Y'all have seen the videos). Americans revered industrious, educated and socially people. As long as you are these, Americans will LOVE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU. My first job here, my boss fired a co-worker (white) because he gossiped about my accent and African background. In college, I had many of the San Antonio College smartest students who adorned me because they taught I was smarter than them. God knows we were all in the same shoes. All my professors liked my Nigerian heritage. It got to the point where I got a scholarship (he was not qualified for) and a campus job for a warri student on student visa. I just talked to my history professor about the student's academic performance, and the professor was very eager to meet him. After a conversation to ascertain the young man's character, the professor was impressed. My warri friend got the scholarship. The campus job was later in his second year.
4)Most Americans have more than $1000 in their accounts, not less than $1000 like someone said here. I will tell you why. Most Americans have very good paying jobs. The population has very poor people in their midst, but most of these poor people are not like the poor people of the third world societies- they are trained technicians (some- not all). They can afford cars, meals and other necessities just like the rich and the middle class can afford. The only difference is that they can afford the cheap versions or small versions. In fact, there is an American joke that the poor can afford exactly the same things as the rich, just the smaller version. Example: A toyota corolla vs. a Mercedes benz. Understand?
Let me explain better. America has society classes (also called tax or income bracket): Upper class ($1,000,000 and above annual income), Upper Middle class ($80,000 to about $900,000 annual income), lower middle class ($30,000 to $70,000 annual income), lower class ($8,000 to $29,000) and poor (less than $8,000). The latter and former are usually confused, but they are not the same. Majority of Americans are middle class. They save a lot of money too. The reason why some may have less than $1000 in their account is because they have IRAs or other variety of retirement funds. When you have a job here, you set up a retirement fund where you contribute a TINY portion of their wages. The TINY portion is invested in stocks, mutual funds, trusts, and other financial packages. 64.8% of Americans own a house! Google it. That's 209,280,000 homeowners out of its 327,000,000 million people. I know people paint America as bad, but you have to be here to see for yourself.
5) Some said Chicago is bad. Well, it has a crime rate slightly higher than other cities in the US but not like the bad you see on movies. Every city has a low income side aka ghetto. However, the funny part is this low income part looks like the best developed part of Nigeria grin. The only difference is that the crime rate is high and it is the low income part of town. They still have electricity and social amenities like the rest of the city. The difference is that it is the low income part of town lol You won't even know until someone tells you, and also perhaps the cheap-looking houses.

Well... I guess that completes it. This is the only country I know where citizens of the most developed nations are trying to get into. Germans, Japaneses, English, French and so on lol I can tell you this because I saw many of them when I went in to swear on citizenship ceremony. People keep saying Nigeria is not bad, but you don't know how Nigeria is until you move out of it. I had PTSD for afew years after I moved here because the only thing separating my house from my street is just an inch of glass. My Nigerian mentality kept thinking armed robbers were going to break in. This is my 6th year, and I still take 1am or 2am walk when I can't sleep at night. That's how secure the country is.

Also, in case of fire or emergency, it takes 4 mins for firemen or police to come to you. It CANNOT exceed 4 mins. It is the same anywhere in the US. Oh! Before I forgot, I made $11.25 per hour in my first year as a new immigrant with no friends or family. After tax, I brought home about $25,000. And it was a shitty job lol all I did then in 2014 was greet people from 9am to 5pm with 3 breaks! Pay was biweekly, twice a month plus federal law says no one can work 40 hours per week or else, the company will pay you your regular wage + half your wage per hour (back in 2014: $11.25 + $5.63 per hour). IMAGINE WHAT IT IS NOW AS A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL! You still think we regret leaving Nigeria??

What is there to miss in Nigeria? The Nigerian people are here- the restaurant (the better version), culture and cultural festivals. If we miss the culture too much, we come back home and flex , then go back home. Ever wonder why majority of American citizens (from all countries in the world never go back to live permanently in their native countries? Man abeg pack aside.
6th year and you've already gone to swear citizenship? Cool
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by wizdomnzube(m): 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2020
WeRblessed:

Yes, I speak and write Igbo fluently.
Fluently? Even me wen dey naija sef still dey learn. Your mom do well. Don't even know ur name...
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by majormofor(m): 10:15pm On Feb 24, 2020
lordally:

Anyway... do you have any other ideas about Canada and how I can get in Legally I would be very much willing to listen
Best way is to go dere using schooling as ur means, else then u can use skills as ur ways
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 11:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
Spanishmilf:

You dey vex?
Have you been to the US?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 11:18pm On Feb 24, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Liar!

Always against Nigeria....

Wetin the country do you sef?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Spanishmilf(m): 6:50am On Feb 25, 2020
oluayebenz:

You dey vex?
Have you been to the US?
NO
Are u supporting him??
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 7:56am On Feb 25, 2020
Which of the university n state?
ProfDave123:

Kazakhstan

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Photographer Captures Photos Of 'Never Before Seen' Yellow Penguin (Pics) / Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa / How I Started My Tricycle (Keke) Business & How Much I Make In A Day (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.