Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,502 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? (72199 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Glocal1: 4:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
phillipsword:
I will never come back anymore....my kids my family are going to die an be buried in Geneva...switzerland.....bros i don suffer i dont want it for my generation
I'm so happy for u. Please how did you migrate and what is the easiest route of doing same.
Germany and Switzerland have always been in my plans.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Ablemax(m): 6:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
NiklauseFred:
Lemme graduate and migrate first,then I will reply you. grin grin
what level are you

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Ablemax(m): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
WeRblessed:
Have visited Nigeria four times. Mom is Nigerian from Imo State, and she thought me Igbo language and culture. I love the culture. I can write and speak Igbo fluently. I love the village so much. There you can actually eat fruits from the organic trees. My grand mother doesn't buy vegetables from the grocery store. She gets them from the backyard garden. I also love the bushes and the local streams. I love Igbo language. My mom always made sure I learn it, and I have been so grateful that I can speak and write it. I speak Spanish and little German. My college friend Bolla thought me some Yooruba language as well. I regret leaving my cousins and the village. I dont like Nigerian cities, always reminds me of India when I visited. Too crowdy, noisy, dirty, and dangerous drivers.
lies spotted

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Ablemax(m): 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
Me still hopping to leave some day when I finally get the connection
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by WeRblessed(f): 8:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ablemax:
lies spotted

Don't understand what you mean by lie spotted.

However, thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Ablemax(m): 1:25am On Mar 09, 2020
WeRblessed:

ya welcome

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 09, 2020
sowilli:
how has the shittiness you mentioned added to you. Make money bro, you will have a different view. Naija this or that doesn’t add to anyone’s bank account. Make money bro, you will have no time to analyze this kind of regrets. Millions of Nigerians are doing over 300 million. O boy go find money jo

You just day call money like say e day easy to fine, Like you dont even have a clear and complete understanding that this Nation just favours peeps who dances to the tune of say one politician or some peeps who has been in business before the present tenure.
I was a trader before i became a Software Engineer in a Bank today, with the total and several failures in Businesses , I even ran my own small software startup, only the frustration alone did not let me continue. Right now, i just decided to respect myself and focus on my own job and God be praised that is what has been feeding me now.

Except you are a politician stealing money or you run some form of business of Manufacturing, which is politically fronted ny Aliko Dangote or most top notch, 300m as you speak of is a daunting and a mirage as you speak of it. Please don't even speak of it outside, not everyone has that in their possession, blaming people who leave Nigeria should be thought of again, you want them to steal and be laughed at here on Nairaland or what exactly is your problem, when they can save and go seek greener pastures somewhere?

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by phillipsword(m): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2020
Glocal1:
I'm so happy for u. Please how did you migrate and what is the easiest route of doing same.
Germany and Switzerland have always been in my plans.
...........its well
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sowilli: 8:34pm On Mar 15, 2020
gimakon:

You just day call money like say e day easy to fine, Like you dont even have a clear and complete understanding that this Nation just favours peeps who dances to the tune of say one politician or some peeps who has been in business before the present tenure.
I was a trader before i became a Software Engineer in a Bank today, with the total and several failures in Businesses , I even ran my own small software startup, only the frustration alone did not let me continue. Right now, i just decided to respect myself and focus on my own job and God be praised that is what has been feeding me now.

Except you are a politician stealing money or you run some form of business of Manufacturing, which is politically fronted ny Aliko Dangote or most top notch, 300m as you speak of is a daunting and a mirage as you speak of it. Please don't even speak of it outside, not everyone has that in their possession, blaming people who leave Nigeria should be thought of again, you want them to steal and be laughed at here on Nairaland or what exactly is your problem, when they can save and go seek greener pastures somewhere?
there was no where I blamed people who left Nigeria. Please read my post again. The problem people who mention me without reading my post and come with arguments that are not verified is that they lack attention to detail which affords them limited understanding. That said, understanding is very important in any endeavor so perhaps if you had paid attention to detail you would have don’t better in your trade. I don’t expect everyone to make 300 million annually. Many Nigerians won’t make that in their life time. I said if you make 300 million, you can travel to any country you wish to without restrictions. There are guys doing well. It all depends on where you want to look. Not everyone is connected to a politician. Business may not have been your calling and you may have only found your true self. Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by VolvoS60(m): 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
bigfrancis21:

Most especially I miss the general freedom that every day to day life in Nigeria offers. If you’ve never left the country before you won’t understand. There’s more freedom sort of in Nigeria vs obodo oyibo where there are damn too many laws that, in many ways, you are restricted in what you could freely do. They often say that very soon the government would release laws on how human beings should sleep in their own bedroom.

^^^
I know we discussed this before on this thread but events of the last 2 weeks have reinforced what I was trying to say about private actions having high public (or social) costs.

On at least 3 continents, governments in a number of countries have imposed considerable restrictions on individual liberty and freedom of movement or association. Why?

I'll tell you why, sir. These restrictions have been imposed because there will be very high public costs if individuals take certain private actions. If individuals congregate freely and indiscriminately at this time there is a significantly higher risk of transmission of the covid 19 virus. This could lead to a very real collapse of public health infrastructure.

Some of the governments that have imposed these restrictions have also put in place severe penalties for non-compliance. Those who fail to heed the stay at home warning at this time will pay a 1,000 Euro fine and face possible jail time in either Spain or Italy (I forget which). This is what I meant when I spoke about paying a high price in some societies if your private actions have high social/public costs.

The current situation sums up quite well what I was trying to say.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Jaqenhghar: 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2020
bigfrancis21:

Most especially I miss the general freedom that every day to day life in Nigeria offers. If you’ve never left the country before you won’t understand. There’s more freedom sort of in Nigeria vs obodo oyibo where there are damn too many laws that, in many ways, you are restricted in what you could freely do. They often say that very soon the government would release laws on how human beings should sleep in their own bedroom. It’s that crazy. I also miss the sense of community in Nigeria vs the extremely high level of ‘minding your business’ that exists abroad that people rarely interact with each other. It’s somewhat better or similar to Nigeria in southern US vs Northern US here but overall it is lower here in the US vs Nigeria.

Lastly I used to miss our food, culture etc but with the plethora of Nigerians here in the US, in recent years plenty African stores have popped up here and there selling nearly every single item you could buy in a Nigerian market and with Nigerian events such as parties, weddings taking place regularly, I no longer miss this aspect.

My 2 cents.
If you think you are free in Niggeria? when next you are there please braid or dread your hair or flaunt your tattoos.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Jaqenhghar: 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2020
Lawalemi:
This question is largely for Nigerians in diaspora. I wish to share their experiences on disappointments and regrets that they have for leaving Nigeria to live abroad.

Situations such as severance from extended family members, issues of cold and the rest were what some persons have mentioned in the past.

Please share your experiences and views.
B
Thanks
The only thing I miss is the weather

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Manuel91(m): 2:33pm On Mar 21, 2020
My only regret is not being able to leave till now. My brothers and sisters; with the spread of this Covid19 virus ehn. Make I no lie, if opportunity arises bayi. I would still leave today today... Something must kill a man Biko. I'd take my chances there

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Ablemax(m): 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
WeRblessed:

you're welcome
So what's the name
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by flyingpig: 1:19pm On May 17, 2020
Nice thread smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Deltayankeeboi: 4:18pm On May 17, 2020

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Deltayankeeboi: 6:03pm On May 17, 2020
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by BlindedIrony(m): 12:07am On May 18, 2020
flyingpig:

BlindedIrony,

If you read your name please just take one minute to skim my post.

I don't believe my destiny is in Nigeria, ever since I was little as 9years old I had fantasized about USA. Grace has not shined on me yet due to financial limitations.

I am in 400level studying pharmacy here. I will be awarded Bachelor of pharmacy degree upon completing my programme next year.

However, i found out that USA issue PharmD. Meaning doctor of pharmacy, in contrast to what is issued here, and I don't know if i can transfer to USA with that.

So please, is it possible to come to the USA after my graduation and practise there as a Pharmacist, with just my Bpharm, or do they allow only PharmD degree holders?

Any information?

I just desperately need a US based "friend" who can assist me with advice and guide my direction to the USA.

I don't mind paying him any amount if he guides me successfully until I arrive my real fatherland.

See i'll likely have suicidal thoughts if i don't realize my American ambitions.

Please reply me sir.

Breathing Nigerian air depresses me every second and you don't understand what i've went through as first son. Note: I'm 24 year old and from Ebonyi state.

Oga, no one needs your money (with all due respect). Also, help here cannot be sort by offering money, especially to a virtual person. This is how people get duped. I would not want that for you.

To your questions of coming here, it is hard to start working in all the 50 states as a foreign medical graduate ( as a Anesthiologist, MD, DO, Pharmacist). This is because the US is set up in such a way that medical professionals that want to work in their medical sector, have to pass through their qualifications of their certificates and licensure. They are very strict with international medical graduates. Even medical doctors from other developed nations can not work here without passing through the US medical schools and getting license again to get license to practice. This is because THERE ARE SO MANY RULES AND STANDARDS when it comes to the medical sector here.

Take for instance, Nigerian medical schools and some other developed countries let students enter directly after senior highschool graduation. Here, you must have a Bachelor's degree to get into medical school. Not just only Bachelor's degree, but also take some classes that are mandatory. You are allowed to take the MCAT after you have met these requirements. Once accepted, you are going to go through four years of medical schools (two years in class learning, two years clinical rotations at hospitals). Then, you graduate from Medical school. AND YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PRACTICE until after you have completed residence (which is another 2 to 6 years depending on your specialty). For instance, an Orthopedic surgeon may spend 12 years in school (medical school and residence), not including his 4 years Bachelor's degree program. That's why surgeons here make about $350,000 to $750,000 a year depending on specialty and skills. grin

Now as for Pharmaceutical colleges, you need a Bachelor's degree too be,fore you go into the program. However, some colleges offer classes where you can only do two years in a regular college before you transfer directly to the Pharmaceutical school. It will take about 4 years to finish the program (It depends on the state or college. Each state have their own license rules. However, education and training requirements are always in the same Federal standards so anyone can work in any state they choose). The pharmacy school here and the one in Nigeria is not the same or equivalent. The Nigerian idea of the pharmacy here is what Americans called PharmTech. It is a two year degree training. After which you take licensure exam to be able to work. NB: The main Pharmacy program takes time, and you earn Doctor of Pharmacy after graduation. Starting salary is around $110,000 to $150,000; about $50-something per hour. Compared to a PharmTech who makes about $23 per hour or $30,000 to $42,000 range annually.

Also, everything here has a License and you have to take an exam before you are able to work in a field. Even a welding education needs a license to practice after graduation. I observe that this is to maintain standards. When you fail to maintain standards, your license can also be taken away regardless of how rich, skillful or famous you are. This is why your Nigerian pharmacy degree will not work here. Also, it has nothing to do with your being Nigerian. It is the same for any other international professional. It is about different system of standards.

My advice for you would be to come and do Physician Assistance program here since you already have a degree. It is a two year masters degree program. You go to medical school for two years. The only difference between you and a medical doctor is that an MD did four years and you did two. Also, you are licensed to operate under an MD supervision. Supervision doesn't mean the MD will be watching all the time. It means you consult with an MD in decision making. You are licensed to diagnose illnesses, prescribe medicines and perform minor surgeries (minor surgeries are only under a surgeon supervision). Starting salary is $90,000 a year. After tax, you will take home about $78,000. Not bad!

I'll give you a tip! It is this: Even with student visas, your chances of being employed by a hospital who will sponsor you to live here after graduation is high as a medical professional. If you are doctor (Anesthesiologist or Doctor of Medicine), THE COUNTRY WILL DEFINITELY TRY TO RETAIN YOU. This is because you are very valuable member of the society. Most people do not know that. That's free of charge from me grin

Let me know if you have more questions. It may take me time to reply, but I promise to reply to them when I get a chance to come online here. Good luck, man!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by flyingpig: 10:16am On May 18, 2020
BlindedIrony:

Oga, no one needs your money (with all due respect). Also, help here cannot be sort by offering money, especially to a virtual person. This is how people get duped. I would not want that for you.

To your questions of coming here, it is hard to start working in all the 50 states as a foreign medical graduate ( as a Anesthiologist, MD, DO, Pharmacist). This is because the US is set up in such a way that medical professionals that want to work in their medical sector, have to pass through their qualifications of their certificates and licensure. They are very strict with international medical graduates. Even medical doctors from other developed nations can not work here without passing through the US medical schools and getting license again to get license to practice. This is because THERE ARE SO MANY RULES AND STANDARDS when it comes to the medical sector here.

Take for instance, Nigerian medical schools and some other developed countries let students enter directly after senior highschool graduation. Here, you must have a Bachelor's degree to get into medical school. Not just only Bachelor's degree, but also take some classes that are mandatory. You are allowed to take the MCAT after you have met these requirements. Once accepted, you are going to go through four years of medical schools (two years in class learning, two years clinical rotations at hospitals). Then, you graduate from Medical school. AND YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PRACTICE until after you have completed residence (which is another 2 to 6 years depending on your specialty). For instance, an Orthopedic surgeon may spend 12 years in school (medical school and residence), not including his 4 years Bachelor's degree program. That's why surgeons here make about $350,000 to $750,000 a year depending on specialty and skills. grin

Now as for Pharmaceutical colleges, you need a Bachelor's degree too be,fore you go into the program. However, some colleges offer classes where you can only do two years in a regular college before you transfer directly to the Pharmaceutical school. It will take about 4 years to finish the program (It depends on the state or college. Each state have their own license rules. However, education and training requirements are always in the same Federal standards so anyone can work in any state they choose). The pharmacy school here and the one in Nigeria is not the same or equivalent. The Nigerian idea of the pharmacy here is what Americans called PharmTech. It is a two year degree training. After which you take licensure exam to be able to work. NB: The main Pharmacy program takes time, and you earn Doctor of Pharmacy after graduation. Starting salary is around $110,000 to $150,000; about $50-something per hour. Compared to a PharmTech who makes about $23 per hour or $30,000 to $42,000 range annually.

Also, everything here has a License and you have to take an exam before you are able to work in a field. Even a welding education needs a license to practice after graduation. I observe that this is to maintain standards. When you fail to maintain standards, your license can also be taken away regardless of how rich, skillful or famous you are. This is why your Nigerian pharmacy degree will not work here. Also, it has nothing to do with your being Nigerian. It is the same for any other international professional. It is about different system of standards.

My advice for you would be to come and do Physician Assistance program here since you already have a degree. It is a two year masters degree program. You go to medical school for two years. The only difference between you and a medical doctor is that an MD did four years and you did two. Also, you are licensed to operate under an MD supervision. Supervision doesn't mean the MD will be watching all the time. It means you consult with an MD in decision making. You are licensed to diagnose illnesses, prescribe medicines and perform minor surgeries (minor surgeries are only under a surgeon supervision). Starting salary is $90,000 a year. After tax, you will take home about $78,000. Not bad!

I'll give you a tip! It is this: Even with student visas, your chances of being employed by a hospital who will sponsor you to live here after graduation is high as a medical professional. If you are doctor (Anesthesiologist or Doctor of Medicine), THE COUNTRY WILL DEFINITELY TRY TO RETAIN YOU. This is because you are very valuable member of the society. Most people do not know that. That's free of charge from me grin

Let me know if you have more questions. It may take me time to reply, but I promise to reply to them when I get a chance to come online here. Good luck, man!

1. At the bolded, that's a student VISA right?

2. If applying for Physician assistance programme, and I'm married here in Nigeria to a Nigerian wife, will it increase my chances of having my student VISA approved? Because I have strong home ties.

3. While doing the physician assistance programme as a married person, can I in the long run obtain green card while studying and working? Especially without having to marry a USA citizen.

4. If I bear children here in Nigeria before obtaining the supposed USA green card from my employer or school, will they be able to obtain citizenship as well, even though they were born before their father became citizens.

5. Having obtained green card, can I now go on to run an MD programme, supported by student loans since I'm a citizen? I understand it's very long years. But the toughest roads are the most rewarding.

6. Someone advised I should come there as single, while applying for a Masters degree programme, run it, work, marry a citizen, get green card and run my MD program. But I have a woman here who has really tried for me and she's looking forward we get married. Wouldn't want to hurt her by cutting it off after many years, so that's why I'm trying to access that other route I had been listing.

7. Thanks very much for your deep insight and effort to enlighten me. I'm sorry for talking about money. I understand now Americans don't like bribery. I'm deeply sorry. Thanks once again. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by TechSpot: 1:34pm On May 18, 2020
obibob2020:
No regret.
I am enjoying myself here in Brazil.
No power failure.
No hunger.
In fact, Nigeria is a shithole country.

I'm also in Brazil... How are you coping during this time with the way the Covid-19 keeps spreading across some cities?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by BlindedIrony(m): 5:15pm On May 18, 2020
flyingpig:

1. At the bolded, that's a student VISA right?

2. If applying for Physician assistance programme, and I'm married here in Nigeria to a Nigerian wife, will it increase my chances of having my student VISA approved? Because I have strong home ties.

3. While doing the physician assistance programme as a married person, can I in the long run obtain green card while studying and working? Especially without having to marry a USA citizen.

4. If I bear children here in Nigeria before obtaining the supposed USA green card from my employer or school, will they be able to obtain citizenship as well, even though they were born before their father became citizens.

5. Having obtained green card, can I now go on to run an MD programme, supported by student loans since I'm a citizen? I understand it's very long years. But the toughest roads are the most rewarding.

6. Someone advised I should come there as single, while applying for a Masters degree programme, run it, work, marry a citizen, get green card and run my MD program. But I have a woman here who has really tried for me and she's looking forward we get married. Wouldn't want to hurt her by cutting it off after many years, so that's why I'm trying to access that other route I had been listing.

7. Thanks very much for your deep insight and effort to enlighten me. I'm sorry for talking about money. I understand now Americans don't like bribery. I'm deeply sorry. Thanks once again. God bless you.

Physician Assistance is for everyone. The catch is that you will not be able to practice outside the US. It was a program specially created to suit the needs of American hospitals and clinics since the last 70 years now.

You do not have to marry a citizen to be a citizen. Even joining the military (reserve), automatically gets you citizenship within one year. All you do is come in once a month for your fitness check as a reserve and the military pays 100% of school fees plus expenses tied to your education. However, to join the military is only for people with Green Card (Permanent Residence); people who came with immigrant visa. You can still get work permit with student visa since you will be in the medical sector. Your employer can sponsor your green card if they find you valuable or if your could convince them that you are valuable to them. Once you have Green Card, you are free to bring whomever you want as long as they are family.

You are married. Respect your marriage. Don't throw away your marriage for a woman here who would not respect you. Marrying here for the papers is A BAD IDEA. You will be foot mat for your American wife. Besides, your wife has been there for you. There is no need to discard her to come here.

Yes, you can bring your wife with you if you could show that you can support you two here. I know an Iranian woman I did a summer research with when I was going to UTSA. She came with her husband on a student visa. They were both doing their PHDs there. They had work permits, although they had student visas.

In fact, I know a Nigerian girl that came with student visa. She did a two year PT degree. And now, she is trying to complete the remaining two years in a university and get a Bachelor's degree. She has work permit that lets her work full time. She lives comfortably and she makes a lot of money monthly as a medical professional.

Finally, any advice that I give or someone else gives you won't do much because it is the interviewer that will decide at the end. They are quite strict over there. I believe that having a wife should be able to give you advantage because they will see that as an incentive to come back after school. Single people finding it hard because they know people like that intend to stay after school.

If you ask me though, I'd say your chances of coming here is slim given the current hard stance to immigration and the leadership at federal level. Your chance is quite high with Australia. My kinsman from village kindred and friend at FUTO left for Australia 7 months ago. He is working two jobs now, while doing Masters in IT. You may want to consider great options before you give your money freely to the embassy.

I tell you this because when I got rejected my third time at the embassy in Victorian Island Lagos, it was not because I did not qualify. The young American said everything is in order, and he was going to tell me my visa will be mailed to a DHL. However, his supervisor walked in. He whispered something in the man's ears. When he left, the young interviewer's attitude changed. He even lost his smile. He denied my papers. You have to understand the odds are great agains
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by uchman(m): 2:23am On May 19, 2020
sirhamilton:

For someone who's not an "ediot,has good Judgement skills" and claims to be well travelled I'm baffled you'd think it's normal that a citizen of country has to make a certain amount of money before they can enjoy some basic social amenities. Nigeria is now meant for the rich?

Wonderful question @ the last paragraph...
That guy dey jabo full time
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by uchman(m): 2:25am On May 19, 2020
Obeledu:
I migrated to Canada 10years ago. You can search my posts then. My regrets are my children. It is becoming increasingly likely that they will not be returning to Nigeria. I am from Anambra state, I want my children to remember their root. I am making every effort to see that i take them home this year at least. With that maybe they will establish relationships and possibly marry from Nigeria. If not I fear we will loose them

All will be fine bro but note that you can not eat your cake and have it back... Take them home, the earlier the better...
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by uchman(m): 2:30am On May 19, 2020
sowilli:
you are a child obviously. How many of your leaders come to nairaland to check threads as this.

You insults people at will... Why?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:19am On May 19, 2020
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by flyingpig: 7:44am On May 19, 2020
BlindedIrony:

Physician Assistance is for everyone. The catch is that you will not be able to practice outside the US. It was a program specially created to suit the needs of American hospitals and clinics since the last 70 years now.

You do not have to marry a citizen to be a citizen. Even joining the military (reserve), automatically gets you citizenship within one year. All you do is come in once a month for your fitness check as a reserve and the military pays 100% of school fees plus expenses tied to your education. However, to join the military is only for people with Green Card (Permanent Residence); people who came with immigrant visa. You can still get work permit with student visa since you will be in the medical sector. Your employer can sponsor your green card if they find you valuable or if your could convince them that you are valuable to them. Once you have Green Card, you are free to bring whomever you want as long as they are family.

You are married. Respect your marriage. Don't throw away your marriage for a woman here who would not respect you. Marrying here for the papers is A BAD IDEA. You will be foot mat for your American wife. Besides, your wife has been there for you. There is no need to discard her to come here.

Yes, you can bring your wife with you if you could show that you can support you two here. I know an Iranian woman I did a summer research with when I was going to UTSA. She came with her husband on a student visa. They were both doing their PHDs there. They had work permits, although they had student visas.

In fact, I know a Nigerian girl that came with student visa. She did a two year PT degree. And now, she is trying to complete the remaining two years in a university and get a Bachelor's degree. She has work permit that lets her work full time. She lives comfortably and she makes a lot of money monthly as a medical professional.

Finally, any advice that I give or someone else gives you won't do much because it is the interviewer that will decide at the end. They are quite strict over there. I believe that having a wife should be able to give you advantage because they will see that as an incentive to come back after school. Single people finding it hard because they know people like that intend to stay after school.

If you ask me though, I'd say your chances of coming here is slim given the current hard stance to immigration and the leadership at federal level. Your chance is quite high with Australia. My kinsman from village kindred and friend at FUTO left for Australia 7 months ago. He is working two jobs now, while doing Masters in IT. You may want to consider great options before you give your money freely to the embassy.

I tell you this because when I got rejected my third time at the embassy in Victorian Island Lagos, it was not because I did not qualify. The young American said everything is in order, and he was going to tell me my visa will be mailed to a DHL. However, his supervisor walked in. He whispered something in the man's ears. When he left, the young interviewer's attitude changed. He even lost his smile. He denied my papers. You have to understand the odds are great agains

BlindedIrony,

I must commend your writing prowess, along the line I flow with your grammar and miss the message, however I retrace my steps. Well-done. But, I have few clarifications to make.

1. I'm in my 4th year at pharmacy and not a graduate, I will still graduate late next year. I'm only asking even before I graduate because I'm a man who lives on far foresight, even though circumstances may re-align the future due to emerging situations, but if status quo remain the same, they would play out. That is only why I'm making such enquiries before hand.

2. I'm not married. It's just a wonderful lady who have helped me through school all the while as I faced challenges from my family back home, but she expects marriage.

3. I've learnt so much from you. And i must you're an invaluable asset. This is a wild request that I would make, considering I get the feels you are in the Health line and wouldn't have time to entertain what I would like to request from you. But if you might accept, please I would like us to be friends. I mean distant close friends just uh ocassionally I greet you and maintain closeness. I wouldn't be too sure we can keep in line in the future when i would need your invaluable help which is why I'd just like to have you on my whatsapp on a standby for future sake. Don't know if I can kindly PM you, Sir?

4. May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nursetemmy: 6:45pm On May 19, 2020
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by FrankNetter(m): 8:18pm On May 19, 2020
I miss Bohle (roasted yam, fish and plantains). The ones sold around Port Harcourt. cry
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by olalekan9320(m): 8:38pm On May 19, 2020
Nursetemmy:
@ blindedirony.... Please I want to make enquiries about nursing in USA... Do I also have to start afresh... I have RN certificate in Nigeria, is it acceptable in USA sir?... I would be glad if my question is answered.... Thanks in advance
you can also beam your search light on UK
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Johanneiyoha(f): 9:35pm On May 31, 2020
Cannyland

Where is your dream country? [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

How I Started My Tricycle (Keke) Business & How Much I Make In A Day (Photo) / My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.